Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
DaVinci just posted on facebook about the Ascent GoG contest and credited FuckCombustion.com but the picture in their post was NOT Adobewan's winning submission. strange huh???

mmenzie,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Didn't they say they redesigned it a bit based on his? They said it was going to look like a jet pack. From the tiny picture that I couldn't blow up that is exactly what it looks like.

Dreamerr,

Snowlock

I thought I read somewhere about a "possible steam punk design" to be released later in production.... I really am interested in this

Any one have a link with info about this, Davinci have anything more to say, or did I imagine this?:mental:

Snowlock,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I thought I read somewhere about a "possible steam punk design" to be released later in production.... I really am interested in this

Any one have a link with info about this, Davinci have anything more to say, or did I imagine this?:mental:

I know it is in the list of all the features the Rep said that I put together here. (I can find that post easier than the original.)

She mentioned that they had toyed with the idea of something like a completely visible airparth that was kinda steam punky, but they are sticking with the 3 to launch. I'm guessing it was just too difficult to do, but included it in the list as the company does seem pretty gung-ho for doing crazy cool stuff, once they can catch their breath after the product has finally launched.

nigel,

Chill Dude

That's great the bowl can hold 1.3g. People that frequently share will be pleased. OTOH, I typically only load maybe .1 to .15g at a time. I'm wondering if the Ascent will work well with the small loads. I've asked this before some time ago and didn't get a reply. I know a lot of other users prefer the efficiency of small loads, so it would be good to know.

Chill Dude,

nigel

Awesome, thanks. Im having a hard time waiting for this to release!

You. Me. And about 800 other people. ;)

That's great the bowl can hold 1.3g. People that frequently share will be pleased. OTOH, I typically only load maybe .1 to .15g at a time. I'm wondering if the Ascent will work well with the small loads. I've asked this before some time ago and didn't get a reply. I know a lot of other users prefer the efficiency of small loads, so it would be good to know.

I don't think this has been addressed directly (smaller loads is a desire of mine also), but I think something was suggested that it wouldn't be an issue.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I must've missed them speaking to the bowl size, but are you sure 1.3g is the capacity? That'd be a fucking huuuuuuuuuuuge bowl.
images

:peace:

Chill Dude

I must've missed them speaking to the bowl size, but are you sure 1.3g is the capacity? That'd be a fucking huuuuuuuuuuuge bowl.
images

Yeah Stu, Member Nigel a couple of posts back and Blazing og post #1072; state that the Acsent is going to be 30% larger than the original Davinci. So if my math is correct the original Davinci holds 1g, then the Ascent holds 1.3g. However I can't seem to find the post where Davinci actually said that. I think we need Davinci to confirm the bowl size, as well as to answer my question on the ability to get good performance on small loads.....

Can anyone confirm the bowl size of the original Davinci??

Chill Dude,

nigel

Stu --

A vape is no fun unless you can share IMO! The chamber is about 30% bigger than that of the DV, so about 1.3g, although I do not recommend packing it too tight as it restricts the airflow. Same with the DV...I don't like it filled all the way. Not to mention that the bottom of the vape swivels out to expose the bowl and makes it easy to pack.

Guys, let me double check on the bowl size, I was told 30% bigger than to the DaVinci- which is kinda vague.

I don't believe we heard any more on this, so when I put this in my long post about all of the Ascent facts, I quoted DaVinci, but believe I put (unverified next to the size).

MidwestBeast

recently but constantly Vaked
My DaVinci can't efficiently vape a full g... if I try to put a full g in it I would have to stir it... I fill it loosely as recommended and it holds between .3 and .5 well without a need to stir .. so 30% larger for me would be great.. but I'm used to the plenty with a huge bowl

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My DaVinci can't efficiently vape a full g... if I try to put a full g in it I would have to stir it... I fill it loosely as recommended and it holds between .3 and .5 well without a need to stir .. so 30% larger for me would be great.. but I'm used to the plenty with a huge bowl
Yeah, that sounds more like it. My Davinci is out on loan ATM so I can't test it myself, but I don't think a full g fits.

Stu,

Chill Dude

Have You tried small loads in your Davinci.... Say around the .1g range? If so, does it perform well? The reason I ask, is that if you get get good results with that amount in the Davinci, I would assume the Ascent's performance would be similar....

As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if the The Ascent can hold .3g or 1.3g. I'm more concerned about the performance and efficiency with small loads. If I can't get that, then the Ascent isn't the vape for me.....

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yeah Stu, Member Nigel a couple of posts back and Blazing og post #1072; state that the Acsent is going to be 30% larger than the original Davinci. So if my math is correct the original Davinci holds 1g, then the Ascent holds 1.3g. However I can't seem to find the post where Davinci actually said that. I think we need Davinci to confirm the bowl size, as well as to answer my question on the ability to get good performance on small loads.....

Can anyone confirm the bowl size of the original Davinci??

Not sure if this still stands, but here you go folks

I've read about half of the threads on here...so of course know what to expect. My biggest problem is trying to stay away from the forum until later in the day, or I have a habit of getting sucked into it and don't get anything else done! Criticisms are expected and feedback is always welcome.

We will ship to Europe, as all of our products are 110-240v and will likely have these in our EU distributors hands a month or so after our US release. I know not all vaporizer companies do this..but I like to wait to have our CE certification before entering the market.

With the extensive testing on the battery, and to be honest, it looks like 4 hours will be a best case scenario- ie, low temps and power conservation mode in the presets. But it is of continuous use..not an on off scenario.

A vape is no fun unless you can share IMO! The chamber is about 30% bigger than that of the DV, so about 1.3g, although I do not recommend packing it too tight as it restricts the airflow. Same with the DV...I don't like it filled all the way. Not to mention that the bottom of the vape swivels out to expose the bowl and makes it easy to pack.

I am working on getting an external charger as I would too like to have extra batteries charged up for those 4 day hiking trips in Yellowstone. Extra batteries will be available, but I can't promise that the external charger will be ready by launch.

I think I got everything....

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
DaVinci just posted on facebook about the Ascent GoG contest and credited FuckCombustion.com but the picture in their post was NOT Adobewan's winning submission. strange huh???

It just picked a random pic from the page for the thumbnail. I don't think it was intentional.

marvil701

Have You tried small loads in your Davinci.... Say around the .1g range? If so, does it perform well? The reason I ask, is that if you get get good results with that amount in the Davinci, I would assume the Ascent's performance would be similar....

As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if the The Ascent can hold .3g or 1.3g. I'm more concerned about the performance and efficiency with small loads. If I can't get that, then the Ascent isn't the vape for me.....

Just an idea: you could always load the chamber with something else additionally to reduce the size of the heating chamber - in this case, a small piece of glas (a marble?) could help.

marvil701,

Jurkone

Ok, then. First of all, hi to everybody, it's a pleasure to enter in this community after from several months of only reading. :rockon::wave:
I've been following this thread daily since page 7 or so, and I think that after so much waiting and reading it's time to make the question, so there we go:

Davinci_Vaporizer, will the ascent take so long as davinci for charging? And the progress charging bar, will stop this time? i've tried two new brand davincis in my life, and both of them took almost 18 hours to stop the charging bar or simply it never did, so you never knew if it needed so much time to charge or if it has finished so much before. It would be nice to know the charging time, please, because for me it's a very important point for a vaporizer. :)

I really think that your product will "broke the market" if it's like we are imagining, and i love de glass-only airpath idea, but i would like to know that, and if it's possible to say, if you think that in june - july it will be avaliable in Europe (i mean if any distributor will have it? :)). :clap:

Thanks for your effort and time, and keep trying the oil vaporizing, we must be sure it works properly :brow:;)

Jurkone,

JoeKickass

I really think that your product will "broke the market" if it's like we are imagining
Hehe that's for sure, I know of nothing right now that can do oils and herbs well.

I think it's going to be really hard for them to get both right because most vapes that can do one can't or struggle with the other...

Oh wait the original davinci! How was oil/wax in that?

JoeKickass,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Davinci_Vaporizer, will the ascent take so long as davinci for charging? And the progress charging bar, will stop this time? i've tried two new brand davincis in my life, and both of them took almost 18 hours to stop the charging bar or simply it never did, so you never knew if it needed so much time to charge or if it has finished so much before. It would be nice to know the charging time, please, because for me it's a very important point for a vaporizer. :)

:brow:;)
My Davinci takes a few hours to charge fully and the progress bar stops when full.:hmm:

VaporsVaporizer,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
My Davinci takes a few hours to charge fully and the progress bar stops when full.:hmm:
The ones I've used were fully charged in a few hours but the bars always cycle, after 3 -3 half hours i'd have to unplug it from the charger to check if it was up to full charge.

RUDE BOY,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom