Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee007

This vaporizer pretty much brought me here to this forum. I can't wait until this thing comes out, high hopes for this thing, hopefully it's just as good as it sounds! :D

Zee007,
Reactions: 2clicker

NYC5IKH5jabi

I had a dream the other night that someone showed up with one of theses and was blowing super thick clouds. I rarely dream at all!

DV...any word on how the convection process works in this thing? I'm hoping it doesn't continue to conduction cook when not getting hit.
Me too bro. You think it's the weed that makes us dream less often?

NYC5IKH5jabi,

lwien

Last but not least- about that contest, any ideas? Why not let you guys decide on the means.

Thanks sooooo much for keeping us all updated.

Ok, suggestion for a contest. A descriptive subhead that "could" be used under the Da Vinci logo in your print advertising that would promote a desire to purchase. 10 words max. 3 submissions per person.

lwien,
Reactions: nigel

salivape

The Ascent will come fully loaded for that price, including:

- The unit, 2 batteries, a wall charger, 2 glass mouthpieces, 2 glass internal components, 2 glass oil jars, a cute little carrying satchel and a top mouthpiece cover (thanks FC clan!)

When you say 2 batteries do you mean that you get 1 for use and a spare? Or that the ascent uses 2 batteries at once? If you're offering a spare then that's fantastic! 6 hours use out of the box would be awesome! 2 sets of glass is a brilliant idea also!

I'm really digging the mention of customisation! I'm only really a fan of the black one so it's good to hear there may be other options available.

Europeans, da vinci have said to me that they aim to have EU/UK distribution in place by May/June. I wouldn't hold them to that, as you know deadlines are there to be broken.

Thanks for the information da vinci! I was hoping more info would settle me down but it's had the opposite effect! I apologise in advance in case I bombard you with more questions!

My only suggestion for a contest is to let me win! :brow:

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Not to burst your bubble or anything there, nigel, but FC actually isn't the centre of the universe, not even the vapourizing universe.

I want you to know that yes...you are the center of the universe and don't let anyone tell you differently.

Pakalolo -- Uh... neener, neener, neener? :p
;)

So as all have heard, we are indeed releasing the Ascent at $249, with a hopeful release date of March 31.

That's really great and exciting!

Wish list:
1) Pre-sale?
2) Special Pre-sale Price?

Last but not least- about that contest, any ideas? Why not let you guys decide on the means.

In terms of the contest, don't have a suggestion as to how to run it, but do have some ideas on who should win: A) myself, or B) a knowledgeable user that can provide an in-depth review for the rest of us. (Admittedly, those two groups are mutually exclusive. ;) )

So, anything, other than "random number from hat", that might better select or qualify someone might be good. Like something that can select a winner based on merit(? not right term here), but the only thing I can think of would be a lame short-essay question. (at least you'll know if winner can write) Most of the contests in the contest forum seem to be best video review, which isn't do-able with a product not even out.

Or maybe prequalify users by saying open to FC members with >X # of posts, so at least you know you'll have someone that is vocal and participates a lot in this community. (This would exclude me as a n00b, BTW). Or Members that have been active for longer than X days (this also prevents churning of disposable account solely for contest entry).

But unless some other FC member can thing of something better, I guess there is little than "pick random user out of a hat".

[EDIT:
Thanks sooooo much for keeping us all updated.

Ok, suggestion for a contest. A descriptive subhead that "could" be used under the Da Vinci logo in your print advertising that would promote a desire to purchase. 10 words max.

See already a better idea than mine. This doesn't exclude anybody, but does require investment greater than hitting a "like" button, so already you have contestants that are more involved and qualified to begin with.

I'm sure other people have other good input.
/EDIT]

But more importantly, get a test device into the hands of someone soon. (Preferably slightly in front of the launch, so those sitting on the fence come launch day will have at least one user review to influence their decision.)

nigel,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
So, I'm back and overworked, but that's all ok as long as I get to bring you guys a stellar product!

Better get some rest--you're gonna get slammed with orders when this thing is released, if it's anywhere as good as we hope it is... :)

:clap:

sam reynolds,
Reactions: b0
If it's going to be a poetry contest here's my entry....
****Ahem****
Roses are red
Violets are blue,
I can't write poetry
Nice fucking Vape!

Yeah I know,I know. But unless the contest is a cage fight or involves a sniper rifle this is my only chance.
Also if you could make it open to just the FC community that would be great,and would make over 11,000 members very happy!
Wow,that just hit me...more than 11,000 members. I think that puts us on top when it comes to vaporization-based forums. So if some of the others have a problem with a FC only contest I have a 30 acre field for a good old fashioned Forum Fight!
Damn,it's wild just how a real good sativa can really warp the thought process....

I don't remember shitfucker,pigfucker yes but not sure about shitfucker. It does sound like something I'd say though..."Shitfucker"...even sounds funny doesn't it?
Thank you for your support,and I promise if I win I'll let you help me break it in....gotta spare couch?

ShipDit,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
shitfucker got second prize in the 'name the battery vapor genie' contest. I was pulling for to win.

Who won that, Pak? Was that Tweek, too?

stickstones,
Reactions: ShipDit

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
shitfucker got second prize in the 'name the battery vapor genie' contest. I was pulling for to win.

Who won that, Pak? Was that Tweek, too?

Yes, Tweek won with Volta. GOATPUSSY came up with "shitfucker".

pakalolo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom