1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Aromed 4.0

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by High n Dry, Jan 15, 2009.

1. TboneToker

TboneToker Medical Enthusiast

They're like the same vaporizer the difference is the evo seems quicker to extract the goods. Resulting in an overall different experience/high/medication

Alexis and TheVaporist like this.
  2. Office_Printer

Office_Printer Well-Known Member

I wish I could find mine. It must be in a box somewhere from a couple of moves ago. :doh:

justcametomind and TheVaporist like this.
  3. VapeKnight

VapeKnight Well-Known Member

time to find that box and rediscover how amazing this vape is...

TheVaporist and Steph like this.
  4. VapeKnight

I took my own advice and had a nice session with the Aromed a few days ago. I know how much I love this vape, it's so smooth and flavorful, but I don't get to use it as much as I would like. I never disappoints . now when is the family going to leave me alone in the house again heh heh

justcametomind and TheVaporist like this.
  5. Ozyzj

Ozyzj Well-Known Member

The "adjustable" part refers to the variable length of the downstem in order for it to reach the water in any conventional water pipe.

I've been using Ed's AroMed stem for about a week now, and as you suspected, one of the few shortcomings of this piece is the distance between the heat source and the screen. As others have posted on previous pages, this can be rectified by adding an artificial spacer, but I think it's universally agreed that a shorter chamber resolves a lot of the problems with the AroMed's design. Here is an abbreviated snip from my PM to Ed:

6. Ozyzj

Ozyzj Well-Known Member

Forgot to add a few pertinent details about Ed's AroMed chamber in my post yesterday.

There's a few important differences between the stock chamber and this one. The inner diameter of the downstem is significantly wider, which in addition to the diffuser, results in a much easier (yet much more dense) draw. Once you have everything calibrated, you end up getting very good extraction with minimal effort. One caveat is that the glass screw adapter's connection is 18mm, so it will not fit in the standard 14mm Magic Glass filter. As far as I know, this is the first piece of its kind for the AroMed, and it does a great job of addressing some of the flaws with its design. I highly recommend it to any AroMed user who has a compatible water pipe.

Also, here's a quick video I posted in Ed's Glass thread showing the setup in use. Btw this is with the screen raised up using the spacer mod created by Aimless Ryan:

Click to play YouTube Video

Alexis and stickstones like this.
  7. VapeKnight

I'm getting two new strains tonight. I alway try them first thru the Aromed to test potency and flavor. Nothing tastes better then the Aromed...

TheVaporist likes this.
  8. TheVaporist

TheVaporist Man is a universe within himself

I'm doing this too, always blown by the taste and this special light dance!
    Hail to the king of flavor!

Alexis and TboneToker like this.
  9. VapeKnight

yeah, I love the swirling vapor. I often turn off the lights just to watch the show.

TboneToker likes this.
  10. VapeKnight

I can't wait to use my favorite vape on 4/20

Alexis, justcametomind and TboneToker like this.
  11. AMiA

AMiA Well-Known Member

Had a 5 month T-break,just started now using Aromed whith the recreational herb holder..and MICRODOSING before bedtime...perfect,and works like my wife..perfectly..;-)

Alexis, VapeKnight and justcametomind like this.
  12. Aimless Ryan

Aimless Ryan Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion

I miss my Aromed.

Ozyzj and PPN like this.
  13. Ozyzj

Ozyzj Well-Known Member

As some of you know, there can sometimes be a problem with the Aromed not fully toasting your stuff, even if it's cranked up to 235c. I think part of the reason for this is that unless the white teflon holder is placed squarely onto the chamber, air can sneak in around the lip of the chamber since it's a path of less resistance than the two air inlet holes in the teflon holder. An easy way to test if your Aromed has a problem with the seal around the bulb is by placing your thumb and forefinger over both air inlet holes while inhaling. It should create an air vacuum.

You can compensate for the air gap problem by raising the screen, but I think I finally found a way to seal up the space between the chamber and the teflon handle. I salvaged a silicone gasket from an insulated thermos and placed it directly underneath the teflon chamber. Its inner diameter is 1 1/4" and its outer diameter is 1 3/8". Doing this gives you an airtight seal, even if your herb holder isn't even close to being positioned squarely on the chamber.

Just a quick search for "silicone o ring 1-1/4" id" from Amazon gives many results that should work for this. One thing I'm not sure about is whether there's a risk of off-gassing. Even if there were, it might not be a problem since air should only be traveling through the inlet holes.

Hope this helps someone, as this is a problem I had been trying to figure out for a very long time.

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Hogni and Alexis like this.
  14. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Fear off-gasing IS an issue bc there is a direct contact between chamber and silicone. Silicone will not stand long wth higher temperatures. And the more the silicone is stressed by heat the more it will become porous and with that there will come more off-gasing. Maybe the same out of PTFE may work better/more secure?

But thanks for the idea! :tup:

Alexis and Ozyzj like this.
  15. VapeKnight

I still feel lucky, mine has worked perfect from day one. :)

Alexis, lazylathe and Ozyzj like this.
  16. VapeKnight

I hadn't used mine since 4/20, Ooo-la la, I love this vape!!

Alexis likes this.
  17. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

Awsome to see so many happy Aromed users here still. Mine is unused due to hand problems and in great condition, but Im sure it will see the classifieds soon- all cleaned and ready to go, just havent been well enough to do anything with it yet.
    Keep on enjoying guys!:tup:

Hogni likes this.
  18. Aristosseur

Aristosseur Well-Known Member

I've broken the bottom bottle, does anyone know where to source it? Preferrably EU.

19. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Doktor Dub, Alexis and Hogni like this.
  20. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

While you are on it Lazy, I am looking for a very rare African goat hoof claw. Let me know when you have found it for me. Preferably within walking distance! :lol:

mixchu69 and lazylathe like this.
  21. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Nice catch!! Since I am originally from South Africa that may not be as hard as you think!
    I would however, not recommend you vape it!!

Alexis and Hogni like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors