1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Aromed 4.0

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by High n Dry, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT Woodsman Manufacturer

Yes sir you found it, that' what I have and yes I've spoken to my guy bout his pics it' just he has so much happening with the glass and herb market he' got going on.

2. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

@Hogni

I have always wanted to disassemble my Aromed and remove a section of the flexible steel tube.
    It would be replaced with a much softer and flexible cable that would just hang.
    In my mind this would be perfect and no glass would be broken.
    I cracked my herb holder a while ago trying to get a good seal...
    With it hanging loose and easier to manipulate over the herb chamber would make like so much easier!

Another project for one day...

Ozyzj, Alexis and Mushroomturtle like this.
  3. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Funny, "Verdampftnochmal" have a modificated Aromed in their showroom in Berlin. It's older than 10y and looks pretty steampunk. They dissassembled the swan-neck and changed it to a "metal thing" made by "Bob the builder-" with a lot of lab tech metal holder parts and joints. You can exacetly position the light bulb as you like it. Really nice construction.
    Have to take some pics the next time I'll be there.

Ozyzj, Alexis, splitz and 2 others like this.
  4. InhaleExhale

InhaleExhale #Itsjustfukkinbreathing

Was thinking of your statement @Hogni and agree about how the weak part of the setup is the less-than-modular setup of the Aromed herb stem. I suddenly had visions of an Aromed herb chamber that just ended in a 14mm or 18mm GonG, without the long stem. Or even better yet, an 18mm or 14mm female end, so you don't end up having a super-heated male end getting stuck in your female WP GonG. This would give the Aromed so many more options!

I watch my buddy set his stem and then pull the light down to mate them (and IMO putting strain on his WP stem), but without the long stem you could attach the herb chamber to the light (mate em by pushing the full chamber "up") and then adjust the neck to rest the chamber on the WP GonG.

My buddy went to the LHC and got a WP to fit the Aromed stem, and while it works well and tastes great he ended up with an 18" smokers WP with dual chambers (inline perc, UFO perc) because that is the only sort of WP that has a long enough stem to seat the Aromed herb stem. Bring your deep breathing lungs! A standard 18/14mm GonG Aromed herb chamber would allow the use of all the small rigs that vapers prefer!

5. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Great idea, just need to find a glassblower that would make them for us!

Another idea that i use with my Aromed is this:
    I remove the small bubbler and have it sitting next to the main unit.
    Now adjust the light so that when you lift up the main unit and place it over the herb holder, the main unit will sit flat on the desk and seal the herb holder.
    It's light enough to do this with ease!

Ozyzj and Hogni like this.
  6. Steph

Steph Well-Known Member

A glassblower can simply properly cut the stem of your aromed chamber, that's what I did for using it with my magic flight orbiter

Ozyzj likes this.
  7. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

As I said before. Just cut it or break it at the tapper and you will have much more fun again with the Aro. Fuck the hassle with finding bad/ugly, but stem length suited wt, fuck the hassle with the OG setup and that tube thing all the time.
    But you also need another sized bowl for better performance generally. So the important part to join the sweet sides of the Aro is a new bowl with adjustable/detachable stem (nearly as the old Aro mod by Ed) and a bowl shaped for more effective use and may be a nice microsdosing insert for it.
    I'm pretty sure these changes would elevate the Aro to a new level.

Ozyzj likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors