Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Gobrian

SirElton said:
No need for another grinder, just keep it upside down and spin the bejeezus out of it. My recommendation:

- leave a nug out in the open to dry over night

- grind it up (seriously spin it like crazy. I've found it very difficult to over-grind with a hand-powered grinder)

- suck up the herb in the stem and be sure to keep it light. If you ever have the sense of sucking a super-thick milkshake, its too tight. The pull should feel like a milkshake but at the perfect temperature when its packed properly.

Remember the most important of all... patience. These things take time. It took me more than two weeks to get the technique down and I still must repack the odd stem every now and then. You'll get it soon enough. :)

RZ is en route home. It's just as suspenseful as last time, though now I have Moaning Myrtle to keep me company while I wait. :cool:

thx for the advice, ROFL @ moaning myrtle
hopefully once i put all the tips into practice my abv will come out dark brown like you guys and not yellowish brown

Gobrian,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Try a second grind using a shot glass and scissors. That always does the trick for me; especially when using my 4-pc.

:2c:

Stu,

the ob

all good in the hood.
maybe it is just me. I unlike some of you, do have to be concerned about conservation as much I guess, but I do not fret over the color of the ABV. I just vape until it seems like a change is necessary, empty and continue on my quest.

I guess what I am saying is that just fill, use until it seems like it is no longer effective and then refill.

I guess I just wonder if getting the ABV to a certain color is the most important thing?

I like the freshness most of all.

As I said, maybe it is just me.

As sirelton said, it takes patience and even when you think you have this thing mastered, you will still have to repack occasionally. No two packs are going to be exactly the same.

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
SirElton, thanks for the thorough explanation of your grind technique. Same with Vito and all. Gobrian you are getting the best in advice out there for any log vape. SirElton, your two week learning curve admission will help lots of folks. We tend to get impatient these days. Slow down and keep tweaking, ONE thing at a time. We do appreciate all the help here for AZ/RZ newbies.
Tooty glass stems will be rolling early next week. We are following Alans path by using Hi Temp Silicone tubing to install the SS stem tip in the glass. Makes for a nice clean install, with the tip removable for super cleaning. We will include extra silicone tubing with each Tooty glass stem. I just got a call from Tim, the Glass God. He informed me our new glass tubing will be in by the end of the week. One more millimeter in inner diameter will do it. We can get the tips in our current glass but the fit is too tight for our liking and for easy customer removal/replacement of the SS tip.
And now for some fun. New stuff. We are just getting started with some very beautiful woods. All wood we use is beautiful but some is surely more beautiful.
Like a new limited edition Primo line, the SUMO. Sumo is my name for Sumac wood. This wood is in very limited supply. It will be gone very soon and then it is gone. This is a good time to remind everybody that all wood we use is bone dry. It is not kiln dried but it is damn dry, dryer than a popcorn fart.
group9-27010.jpg

group9-27009.jpg

group9-27011.jpg

And now a group shot. These will be going up in the morning on the website. I will also get the daily special up with some super deals happening every day.
group9-27032.jpg

I'm sure I forgot something.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
crap. am I really going to buy another :rolleyes:

for a friend of course ;)

those are beauties.

the ob,

Nycdeisel

Making sure the herbs are dry enough BEFORE grinding is super important. once its dry enough to break apart easily it should be able to grind up nice and fine.

make sure the herb is dry, ground well, and loosely loaded into the stem and take long slow hits and you will get some great results ;)

Nycdeisel,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Sumac is the shit!!! Really like that OAL to left side there, looks bad-ass, great work Rick!

Ed's TnT,

collegerower

Rick,

One website improvement might be to be able to see all past sold RZ's. This would enable a customer not familiar with FC the ability to see what the full line of RZ's are, and the option of waiting on something they really like. :2c:

collegerower,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I have to agree Vito. There was one in that batch that I was sorely tempted to buy. Love the uniqueness of the grain.

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
And the new "Daily Special"!
Wow what a concept...
plus---> besides being cheaper comes with a unique feature!
You guys better check it out!! :o

Vitolo,

guitarscreamngrowler

alright ill do a review of monet a band new rock zap. first off all love the looks fits perfect in my hand. its simple easy to use plug in warm up for half an hour then, pack stem lightly put tip in an slowly inhale. i get huge clouds with barely any herbs. takes me 3 stems usually to get me feelin nuts an i am a big guy, 6 foot 3 260 amateur mixed martial artist here by way haha. so the hits def are great, i own a silver surfer an a extreme q. it gives quality hits just like them, its def a sweet vaporizer. def, should pick one up.

286x0l3.jpg

guitarscreamngrowler,

Rick

Zapman
guitarscreaming, thanks for that nice review. I gotta say though I LOVE that pic you posted. You got some chunky hands/arms there! Neat that a little green and gold RZ can lay you back. Funny that we just put our first SUMO up(gone already) this morning and you post that big old Sumo hand around Monet at the same time. Thanks again.

Two of the SUMOs are gone, I will put the third up later this morning along with some more in the reg category.

We are trying to make the Daily special a real special. kewpcer and others have been asking me to do a small stem with a GonG taper at the end rather than our regular rounded end. Todays special will make me get on that item quickly. BTW, for FC members and lurkers, if you see another model that has been up for the last week besides Lemon Lime that would make you more likely to go for the special, Email me. We will be doing some bending during our first few weeks of the RZ roll out.
Remember to use the discount code in my signature.

http://www.aromazap.com/shop/zaps/ceramic-insulated-aromazap.html

Rick,

guitarscreamngrowler

haha chunky thick more like it isnt fat i bench 350, my hands are thick like that from wrestling an punching wood bricks an metal haha. been doing martial arts hole life now i do mixed martial arts people call it cage fighting or only know ufc. i do have a bachelors in bio i have a brain haha just sayin.

guitarscreamngrowler,

steiner666

Serial vapist
guitarscreamngrowler said:
alright ill do a review of monet a band new rock zap. first off all love the looks fits perfect in my hand. its simple easy to use plug in warm up for half an hour then, pack stem lightly put tip in an slowly inhale. i get huge clouds with barely any herbs. takes me 3 stems usually to get me feelin nuts an i am a big guy, 6 foot 3 260 amateur mixed martial artist here by way haha. so the hits def are great, i own a silver surfer an a extreme q. it gives quality hits just like them, its def a sweet vaporizer. def, should pick one up.

Is that a mesa boogie i spotted in the background?

man i need to get a new amp soon...

Lovin' up my SSS zap every day. Even with all the new talk/pics of the fancy, smancy shaped RZs, i still think she's a speckled beaut. I'm thinking about ordering a RZ in the near future tho, but i think i'll go for a more conventional shape. I like the look of the simpler styled sumacs, as far as shape goes, but I really want an ebony or blackwood. Something dark and wicked looking.

btw, i've been out of the loop for a while (lots of changes and chaos in my life atm) and not tuning in to this thread as often consequently, but can someone tell me if there is a new polish of some sort being applied to these RZs? Either that or the ones in the pics had to have been JUST treated with Zapolish.

steiner666,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
btw, i've been out of the loop for a while (lots of changes and chaos in my life atm) and not tuning in to this thread as often consequently, but can someone tell me if there is a new polish of some sort being applied to these RZs? Either that or the ones in the pics had to have been JUST treated with Zapolish.

Good to see you around again steiner. Yes, there is a new finish on the RZ. It is applied on the lathe and is permanent. You no longer have to apply Zapolish (although it wont hurt).

ob.... you stinker... I hope you didn't get the one I think you did. We seem to have very similar tastes... :lol:

momofthegoons,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
I wish i had known that when i asked last week when some new RZs would be up on the site and you said "not for a while" you actually meant that 3 new batches would be up in the next 7 days.......id have waited

SF Giant,
WHOEVER got that sumo in the back with the bark I commend you sir! That is a pearl, good lord! This is what my next RZ will look like. I think that unit sets the bar pretty high, and I'll have to be watching zapville like a HAWK.

Once again congratulations to whoever copped that.

biojuggernaut,

steiner666

Serial vapist
momofthegoons said:
Good to see you around again steiner. Yes, there is a new finish on the RZ. It is applied on the lathe and is permanent. You no longer have to apply Zapolish (although it wont hurt).

Oh, has there been any mention of what sort of finish it is? I always liked the fact that i knew exactly what went into the zapolish, i hate not knowing whats in/on the thing that i'm sucking on all day, so i have to ask.

steiner666,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:

ob.... you stinker... I hope you didn't get the one I think you did. We seem to have very similar tastes... :lol:

did someone say one?
edit. I do not have two coming. that is the truth :brow:

one thing. I did not get the sumo with the bark. very cool. was not available when I purchased. lets just say I will be pleased soon.

the ob,
Top Bottom