Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
Steiner, it is a food grade finish made from walnut oil, carnuba wax and other ingredients. It is applied while the piece is spinning and it must be heated via friction to set the finish. Safe and very effective for that super shine we have been seeing lately. As I said long ago when a competitor ragged on us for having food grade mineral oil in our ZaPolish, "I don't think our customers are going to lick the outside of their Zap, and if they did, they would be just fine." Anyway, that's the deal on the finish. I can see why there might be a question or two since it is so shiny. Most of the units are also buffed on a high speed buffer wheel for extra gloss.

Bio, that bark bridled Sumo is going to an old customer in Australia who has been in line for a RZ for a week or so. He has a RZ1 and we may have some more news in future weeks about him and RZ in OZ. Lots of i's to dot and t's to cross before we know if anything serious might happen in AU, one of our favorite countries.

Sumos were gone very quickly. There will be more but not too many more. Everybody seems to know on the jumpers, you know, the ones that jump out of sight within minutes of going up.
SF Giant, my apologies for misleading you.
Send me another Email with the description of the units you liked that are gone. I will hook you up soon if you are serious. I actually did not realize the pace we would be on once this started. I did not know how fast we would be able to replenish our inventory. I did not know I would be so busy assembling RZs, answering Emails, taking pictures, and changing our website daily. Hell, I still don't know nothin, I am just getting through every day, one day at a time. Also some extra time here at FC keeping everybody up to date.

Time to again remind everybody this will not stop. We are on a roll and will keep up with whatever the pace requires. We will be offering more of what you like which is quite a mixed bag. Delicious grain patterns and smooth lines seem to be working out. Also the OUT ON A LIMB stuff in varying styles. We will have more choices at about the twice per week interval. Tuesday and Friday nights we will show new stuff here on FC, then up on the website the next morning. If anyone sees anything they like at FC first, send us an Email and I will work out something with you if I can.

I also want to say we are continuing to get very positive reports on the RZ performance. They will not get up to that temp some of you like, 400F+, but they will produce excellent high range vapor continuously, until the load is almost vaporized(gone). We are always amazed at the number of pulls from one small stem tip. My thoughts on the RZ vapor are lots of it and very smooth, not close to combustion.

Speaking of stem tips, NEWBIES please fill the stem tip half or 3/4 full. DO NOT try to stuff it until you get the correct flow. Hmmmmm, no I won't make a sexual joke out of that one, even if I want to.

And if you are thinking about delivery, slow or quick, forget it.............we are quick with the RZ's. Well over 20 shipped this week by tomorrow. We will keep up with y'all on our latest and best product.

We will have short stems up with the 14mm GonG tapered end in a day or two. Did a couple today and they fit very nicely. They will be sweet with the new smaller RZs and glass. I may even add one to the RZ's to entice you all a little more. Wooden stems coming along but slower. Well worth the wait, I guarantee.

The Zap Train with the RZ Locomotive is settling in. Just wait til you see the cargo we pick up in the days and weeks ahead.

Oh I almost forgot. Would there be any interest in a 'Signature' line of our top shelf stuff? The finest units hand signed and dated in a very inconspicuous but visible area on the RZ? Like maybe above the plug in the back? Very fine line burned in(hi speed tiny dentist bit) and each done freehand by the Zap Master turner? That would not be me as most of you guessed.

Rick,
i just bought the "stumpy" out on a limb rockzap on sunday night and it got here today! what a great surprise. it's really beautiful. i would want one in the house even if it was just for show. i've never owned a vap before, but have had the unpleasant experience of using a cheap crappy glass one from ebay that cracked after 2 weeks of use. made stuff smell like burnt popcorn. i read on a few other forums about how there used to be a food grade tubing available for sale. i didn't see anything like that on the site. i would just like something to extend the length, so i don't have to lean over or hold the zap up to inhale. will it return to the store in the near future?

vagranttrees,

SleepyHead

vagranttrees said:
i just bought the "stumpy" out on a limb rockzap on sunday night and it got here today! what a great surprise. it's really beautiful. i would want one in the house even if it was just for show. i've never owned a vap before, but have had the unpleasant experience of using a cheap crappy glass one from ebay that cracked after 2 weeks of use. made stuff smell like burnt popcorn. i read on a few other forums about how there used to be a food grade tubing available for sale. i didn't see anything like that on the site. i would just like something to extend the length, so i don't have to lean over or hold the zap up to inhale. will it return to the store in the near future?

Ah yes, the clear tube Rick used to provide with certain orders. I don't think they are on the site anymore because now he has the glass tooties, but you can find it in your local hardware store. I just can't remember the size, hopefully someone here can refresh my memory :)

SleepyHead,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi vagranttrees and welcome to the forum. You sure got a nice vape for your first! :D

Shoot Rick an email and I'm pretty sure he will be able to hook you up with some tubing or at the very least, tell you what and where to get some.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
vagranttrees
Any 1/2 inch INNER DIAMETER tubing should work. You can get plenty of food grade stuff at Lowes or Home Depot. We stopped supplying the tubing because no one said squat about it, one way or the other.Take a stem to try it on for size before you buy. That was one sweet limb you got that was 'tested' very well. Zaplady about freaked when it sold. Poor Zaplady. I finally had to tell her, ONLY ONE AT A TIME!!!!

Rick,

Nycdeisel

Damn, how dod I miss the picture post the last time I replied here? you know the Zap is doin its job :cool: :lol:

anyway those are all SWEET. I am partial to the ones with less/no lines just because its a more smooth look in my eyes. but I LOVE my rockzap! its the best! and wow does it continue to give great vaporbong rips :brow:

Nycdeisel,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Eeeeeeeee!......it came! Its so much smaller than id imagined and even prettier in person
2011-09-28_18-08-30_299.jpg

Warming her up now

SF Giant,

SirElton

She's GORGEOUS, SF Giant!

My girl should be home tomorrow. The suspense is always the worst on the eve.

SirElton,

Nycdeisel

So true, elton, the closer it is the more the suspense!

SFgiant: beautiful! take her of her/him. is that walnut? i cant even keep track of the wood types anymore!

Nycdeisel,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Nycdeisel said:
So true, elton, the closer it is the more the suspense!

SFgiant: beautiful! take her of her/him. is that walnut? i cant even keep track of the wood types anymore!
Yeah its walnut that was somehow burned on the lathe with a leather strap.......or sumthin :ko: my first log style vape :)

SF Giant,

nr-cole

So it's been a couple days, are the traditional wood-insulated zaps ever coming back to the site? Still have an affinity for those to be sure :)

Of course, maybe my browser is just broken.

nr-cole,

the ob

all good in the hood.
ok. I will be away for several days, so no updates even though I will have some deliveries......

Yes I said deliveries. I have more than one coming, and less than six. Should be exciting when I come home.

pics monday. or maybe sunday night? if I am not to tired. SF, that is a beauty for sure.

Mom, I wonder which one you were thinking of?

the ob,

SD_haze

Had some still-newbie log vape questions:

1. If its thoroughly pre-heated, and I unplug it to move it another room (plugging it back in within the minute), is it ready to go right away?

2. If I have it plugged into a multi-outlet powerstrip, is it gonna run a little less hot?

3. Emptying a stem. I've been using a big mason jar blowing into the top side, but what would work thats smaller? Not sure if the zap normally comes with one of those muslin ABV bags but I never got one, what would be best instead?

Also, I read before that voltages can vary all over the house even throughout the day (which would affect how hot the zap got), what would be the best thing to get to get a accurate voltage reading?

Thanks~
:peace:

SD_haze,

the ob

all good in the hood.
SD_haze said:

1. If its thoroughly pre-heated, and I unplug it to move it another room (plugging it back in within the minute), is it ready to go right away?

2. If I have it plugged into a multi-outlet powerstrip, is it gonna run a little less hot?

3. Emptying a stem. I've been using a big mason jar blowing into the top side, but what would work thats smaller? Not sure if the zap normally comes with one of those muslin ABV bags but I never got one, what would be best instead?

Also, I read before that voltages can vary all over the house even throughout the day (which would affect how hot the zap got), what would be the best thing to get to get a accurate voltage reading?

Thanks~

I can answer one question well. I use muslin bags. I have found they work better than a mason jar for me. most prefer the jars. I like being able to wrap the bag around the stem and blow. They are SUPER cheap online.

the ob,
SD_haze said:

Yes

No, but sometimes the voltage running from the transformer to your house and can be a little variable from hour to hour

Continue to use the Ball canning jar, or buy a small one. One day you'll be up to the big one again :tup:

go out and purchase a volt reader at Harbor Freight Tools (if you're on the East coast) with an led display that shows just how much voltage is coming from the socket.

biojuggernaut,

SirElton

For ABV, I just use a ziplock bag. I can close around the stem and blow it all out. I have some muslin bags on the way so I'm sure that will be an improvement.

One thing I'd recommend you try is a plastic soft drink cup from a fast food place. Make sure its clean and you get the plastic cap with it (the more the better). The straw hole is perfect for the stems. Its not practical for me I'm afraid because Bernie Taupin tends to forget I've a designated ABV cup and it ends up in the trash. :uhoh: It's all good though. The bag works just fine. :)

SirElton,

reece

the ob said:
I can answer one question well. I use muslin bags. I have found they work better than a mason jar for me. most prefer the jars. I like being able to wrap the bag around the stem and blow. They are SUPER cheap online.

I second that emotion. The bag is the way to go for me also. It fits in my pocket better than a mason jar. ;)

reece,

the ob

all good in the hood.
the beauty of the muslin bags is that they let air flow through. They work super well.

the ob,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
I made two holes in the top of an old jar, one big enough to fit the stem tip into and another not quite as big to let air flow.
Covered the second hole with a screen so that abv doesn't escape out the air hole..
Seems to work well for me, I might investigate these bags for a trial run.

Using such a little amount of herb with my Zaps that I don't bother keeping the ABV from them.
When my jar is full it is binned and I'll make a new one....

Most of my other vaporizers chew through the herb at a much faster rate and require a bigger container. I keep the ABV from them as I often don't finnish the bowl and load a new one every time I use them again leaving a lot of it half cooked.
Most of them have been packed away or lent to friends since my RZ1 moved in :)

psyshaman,

havock69

I have a restaurant sized jar of olives. It's for 5lbs. Of olives so its tall enough so it doesn't make a mess when I blow into it I don't make a mess. I don't use it till there's 2oz+ anyway so I like the volume.

havock69,

steiner666

Serial vapist
SD_haze said:

Thanks~

I can tell you that the answer to #1: Yes, by all means. The heat retention in these things is one of their strong points. Its strong as in it doesnt get cooled off after multiple back-to-back hits, as well as in that it will stay hot for a while after being unplugged. I used to move mine from room to room, sometimes leaving it unplugged for 5-10 mins, and it never really needed to sit plugged in for long to get back up to temp.

#2: I wouldnt think so, unless its more than just a power strip. If it has some sort of built in line conditioning/power regulator, I can't really see it effecting the voltage too much.... both those could also be your answer to question #3. But if you're just wanting to read the voltage of the socket, you could use a basic voltmeter for that, just make sure to google it or something before you actually do it so you dont get zapped (in the bad way :p). Im pretty sure they make a type that has an actual AC plug on it and a digital readout of what the voltage and such is on the socket. Check amazon maybe, not sure what theyre called though...

ANd the muslin bags have always sounded nice, think i'll have to order one soon. sometimes i just cant tap my stems out (i use aluminum canisters, so i can tap harder than i would feel comfortable doing on a glass jar) and i think one of these would be the answer.

psyshaman said:
I made two holes in the top of an old jar, one big enough to fit the stem tip into and another not quite as big to let air flow.
Covered the second hole with a screen so that abv doesn't escape out the air hole..
Seems to work well for me, I might investigate these bags for a trial run.

I thought about doing something similar, but I was just planning on taping a piece of coffee filter or something over the exhaust opening.

steiner666,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
SD_haze said:

Thanks~

You can move the vape from room to room without it losing much heat. It is ready to go as soon as you plug it in. I have plugged mine in to a multi-outlet powerstrip, and also on it's own in a standard wall plug and noticed no difference in heat.

Emptying a stem into a jar can take some finesse. I have no problem, but know a few who do. Try a bottle instead. The narrow neck eliminates that "back splash" of abv that I call a "baptism." :lol:

and ob.....from what I hear, you got the one I thought was so cool. With this last purchase, you have officially won our little contest. I give.... :lol:

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
SD_haze said:

Thanks~

You can move the vape from room to room without it losing much heat. It is ready to go as soon as you plug it in. I have plugged mine in to a multi-outlet powerstrip, and also on it's own in a standard wall plug and noticed no difference in heat.

Emptying a stem into a jar can take some finesse. I have no problem, but know a few who do. Try a bottle instead. The narrow neck eliminates that "back splash" of abv that I call a "baptism." :lol:

and ob.....from what I hear, you got the one I thought was so cool. With this last purchase, you have officially won our little contest. I give.... :lol:

I have won......... for now ;)

I had a guess as to which one you liked. we do have similar tastes.

the ob,

Gunky

A few observations re the RZ2.

-The size is more like a motorcycle handlebar grip than a soda can.

-The Aromazap brass vapor tubes had the smallest load size of early descendants of the Eterra log vape. Purple Days and Woodeez made their stainless tubes in a slightly larger diameter. This is important because the size of the hole limits air flow and affects the nature of the draw. The RZ2 has a larger diameter tube. Larger than PD and WDZ and probably around 10% larger than the brass zaps. This (and possibly other, non-visible parts of the air path) gives the RZ2 a comparatively unrestricted air flow. So the draw feels different and you don't have to suck as hard. Now log vapes use a metal core to buffer the heat for hits. If you draw too much air through a log vape too quickly, the core can drop some degrees in temperature, causing the hits to become cool and thin. The restricted air flow of the second generation log vapes (ie immediate descendants of Eterra) tended to reduce the possibility of passing too much volume of air too rapidly through the unit and significantly lowering the temp. The larger opening and less restricted air flow of the RZ2 lessens that, so lowering the temp by drawing too fast is easier now. It's not a problem as long as you are aware of it and draw slowly. If you own a brass zap, you can use the brass sleeve or bushing supplied by Rick to adapt your old brass vapor tubes to the RZ2. That way you have a choice of more restricted flow and smaller loads with the brass tubes or less restricted and larger loads with the new stainless tubes. Restricted flow sounds bad but actually there are some advantages. A smaller diameter pipe means the air is actually rushing through it faster than a larger diameter tube, causing more turbulence. The heat is also more concentrated with the smaller focus. I particularly like the thick hits I am getting on the RZ2 with brass tube and sleeve.

Gunky,
Top Bottom