Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

the ob

all good in the hood.
mom,
first, what were you doing up at 3:59? second, I was just joking about being a bad influence........sort of.

I did find an amazing old humidor last week that fits everything and is a nice old wood. the nice thing is that because it is an old humidor, it keeps the smells in the box. I will take a pic as well when I get a chance. when is this "special" thing going to be done? I wonder.

happy 4th everyone.

the ob,

reece

I use kief without any bud. Use straw method, sucking very lightly. A slightly warmed stem helps it to stay in place but isn't always necessary.

reece,

Rick

Zapman
Fathers day Stubby special is over as of now. Thanks to all who took advantage of the offer.
Another batch out today so I can say anything ordered before 6/26 will be gone today. All orders received this last week will ship mid next week. Back on schedule.
Going to be a good weekend here. Three grandsons, lotsa food and fun. A bunch of Malamutes to keep calm and a homemade Potato blaster to play with. My 35 year old son is like me in that he does not know his age.
Have a good fourth of July all.

Rick,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Rick, I wanted to talk to you about a 30" stick of California Redwood Lace Burl I have gotten. The pics from it look as if it may be 5A. It is 3" squared and would make some of the most amazing Zaps. When I get it I will take some pics and post here for ya to have a look.

Ed's TnT,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy......... :o Redwood lace burl? Turn me loose!
great here we go again. I guess you should put me down for one.

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
Sorry folks but no Redwood Zaps. Wood too soft. Pretty but not hard enough.
Kinda like a guy getting old.
Thanks for the thought Ed.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well ob, you dodged that bullet.......

but jeez......you better duck because I think another one is coming! :lol:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
Well ob, you dodged that bullet.......

but jeez......you better duck because I think another one is coming! :lol:
your killing me with this stuff. I know about the wood stems. is there something else?

the ob,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
yay!, MZ came today!

superhot day, i think the mailman was taking it easy (plus backed up from holiday), showed up a couple hours later than usual.

Still warming up for the initial session, so can't talk about how she works yet.

The funny thing is the one thing i thought about asking for aside from just 'darker' was something without 1 main feature to the grain that draws your eyes to it.
BUT, this one definitely has a clear 'scar' to the wood which i think looks great.
So it looks like that turned out fine. The vast majority of the zap picture look great, but there have been some that I didn't really like the look of.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rabblerouser,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
rabblerouser, it looks like you got a real classic Zap! It's beautiful. Congratulations. :D

The vast majority of the zap picture look great, but there have been some that I didn't really like the look of.
The beauty of Myrtle is that there is something for everyone. Those who like more figured wood (like me) want something a little more dramatic. Then there's the real trippy stuff. And there's the more classic lines like yours. All beautiful in their own way. In any case, I think you got a really nice one and am so glad that you are happy with it. Can't wait to hear how you feel it works.

momofthegoons,

vcasal2

Hey guys,

My Zap got here Saturday, but i just returned from a nice long camping weekend and received it last night. I don't think i need to do a review and talk about how great Rick's service was or how it only took 12 days from order to delivery for this beautiful handcrafted piece. It's almost like Rick had a piece with my name on it, he gave me exactly what i wanted with me giving him very little detail.

I love the way it works. I heated it up for about 2 hours before my initial use of it, and it worked great. It seems it broke in a bit since last night and is running even hotter. However, im thinking i want a tad bit thicker vapor...will it get even hotter with more breaking in (maybe im one of those 13.5V people)? My friend and I both agree his old A-Zap produced a thicker cloud and turned the herb A LOT darker. We believe ourselves to be master's of the pull technique, and we make sure our herb is 'very dry' before use. The herb however is still very green, im guessing the M-Zap just needs time. I'm thinking my M-zap could be a good party vape if i pick up a couple more stock stems that way everyone in the sesh could use their own.

One minor minor problem: the solder connecting the dragonfly holding wire on the aromatherapy cup was broken upon opening the package, it's still completely functional but the dragonfly and the wire are just kinda hanging there. Seems to me it was packaged with caution its easy to see how this could have happened.

I'm going to e-mail Rick about a possible easy fix and to inquire about some extra stock stems (maybe even a 13.5v adapter). Anyway, here is my new awesome MyrtleZap.

mzap1.jpg

mzap3.jpg

mzap2.jpg

vcasal2,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oh what a happy day!!!

Congratulations vcasal2; it's a beauty too. It really is amazing to me how Rick matches up the Zaps to the customers. I love all the trippy lines/waves in yours.

These new Zaps do not need the 13.5v adaptor. I think you will find that yours will start running a tad hotter after a couple of days. I don't even use the 13.5 on my old style Zap (with the old heat port) anymore. However, this Zap might not run as hot as your old AZap since the Myrtle is a harder wood. As an old AZap owner, I'm sure you know all the tricks to these vapes, but I'm not sure why your herb would still be green unless the stem really wasn't finished. The only time that has happened to me, my herb was still quite moist/fresh. Maybe shoot Rick an email for his opinion. :shrug:

Edit: It's hard to tell from the pic, but has the aroma flower come completely off your dragonfly diffuser?

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
rabble
Email me if you have any questions about your Zap. We like to keep folks as happy as possible so if you had something different in mind, let me know. I have been known to trade one out for another on occasion.
vcasal2
Same on the flower. We are trying to balance art with functionality with the flower. Sometimes functionality loses out. We will get you fixed up. I also agree with mom that a small bit of time will pick the heat up in the Myrtles. All our wood is stored in the shop as there is just no room in the house. We have had record high humidity throughout all of June here where we live. Some of that wood, even the wood stored inside for 40+ years picks up some moisture as wood acts like a sponge as far as humidity in the air is concerned. Also most units out last week were not broke in here in Zapville as much as we normally do because we were behind schedule and hurried things. Keep them on 24/7 for a week or so. Also a super hard MZ will not run as hot as an old softwood AZ. A well broke in old AZ will take stuff just a hair below combustion. Still vapor but too close to smoke for us.
Only a few 13.5s left and I will not be re stocking them when these are gone.

Rick,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
Rick, no it looks great. i think i had something a little different in mind, but don't wanna trade now.
facial scars are cool / tough :p

I did think she was running a little low on temp, definitely "working" though.
(I sat there and thought "these rips are pretty small and the duff is pretty green, but i've been staring at me holding the tube in my hand for 5 minutes").

Reassuring to hear about the humidty, makes sense.

rabblerouser,

vcasal2

Ya seems like me and rabble are having similar issues. I'm sure it will start running hotter once it dries out a bit more. Hmm, will a 13.5 bring the M-Zap to those old A-Zap temps? Not sure if i should just get one since Rick is running out or just hold out until my Zap gets broken in more.

mom: the dragonfly and holding wire are still on the cup wrapped around it but the solder that connects the wire and the stem of the cup seems like it broke. So the dragonfly wire spins around the cup.

vcasal2,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Hey guys, My Zap was a bit cool when I first got it. I let it run 24/7 and now after about 1-1/2 month its running allot hotter, and Im getting much bigger clouds and up to 5-6 good hits per stem full. I too have the 13.5V and ran it a couple of times at first because I felt that the Zap was running a bit cool, but don't use it at all now as the Zap runs very well with the 12V. My herb is very dry and is a fine grind. It rewards me with good hits, way more than I ever thought that it would. :D

Lycanthrope,

the ob

all good in the hood.
congrats to rabble and vcasal2. you both received beautiful pieces. welcome to the club!!!

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
vcasal2
Your unit has a big old knot in it too which will suck some heat in the beginning. I always put the knots at the bottom of the unit for that reason. If you have ANY questions about your Zap, shoot me an Email. I try to match up wood to requests but surely miss often enough.
Another big glass order yesterday. All short with flat mouthpiece and a slight bend at the top. Those are the most popular by far. Clear and colored. Stocking up for some kind of a roll out someday.
Also went through the 1000 custom washers in 5 weeks. 10,000 more on the way. That is how you get a decent price. They hit me harder when I re ordered as apparently I was very picky on my specs. They made exactly what I wanted but had to hold tighter tolerances than in their normal operations. Usually washers fit loosely but not in Zapville.
Fun to be so picky about one part of my life and so loose with all the rest. Well, most of the rest anyway.
Got lots of that lighter wood heavy with ripples like vcasal2s zap.

Rick,

vcasal2

Such a nice looking knot though. Rick, I'm going to be sending you an e-mail in the near future once i get some cash about some more stock stems and possibly some glass and a 13.5ver.

vcasal2,

sgvpunk

How much do extra stock stems cost? I haven't gotten my zap yet, but when i do i think i'll be needing a few extra stems as well.

sgvpunk,

buzzylinguardo

so after a few months of research and a good deal of lurking in this thread, i've decided my first vaporizer is going to be the myrtlezap, im sure some, if not all of my concerns have been addressed already, and i apologize for not doing a more thorough job lurking. mostly, im curious as to more experienced users set ups. i was leaning towards vaping through a bong, but i still like the idea of a tooty for easy vaping. im also curious as to how convenient using the two included stems is with a large group. thank you all for your previous posts, and any advice you have to give.

buzzylinguardo,
Top Bottom