Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Nycdeisel

Thanks for the update Rick! I also want to see how the new glass tooty works. surely better then the old one.

Jesus: i would recommend sandwiching it between ground herb, but I guess you could use ABV if you want, like albert does.

Try doing a final rinse with distilled or other good filtered water, before letting it dry. Recently i have been using a small amount of soap(dr bronners liquid soap, fyi) as an afterwash for my glass and i think since it softens water it may help a bit with stains, but I can not say yet for sure. I do know it helps just to wash away any residues from the Grunge Off(or whatever you use to clean glass).

and i know you are copying my setup by getting a headford inline ;) Which i believe you have on the way currently, correct?

Nycdeisel,

JESUSgotNAILED

Gotta freaking love when an important post to you is the last on a page... please go back and check my post guys. Would like feedback.

Deez yes my inline will be here tomorrow! So stoked. I will start doing a final rinse with my filtered water, much easier to do that with a tooty rather than whole bongs. Good idea. In a month or however long you think is good, tell me how using that soap at the end works out for the stain development. Also, you reminded me I need to tell Rick about my too-short GONG mini stem. Since he has a hotel room now maybe I'll bother him; think I should use the email link in his profile? It work correctly?

JESUSgotNAILED,

Nycdeisel

the zapman@aromazap is active and as far as i know that is the one you should use.

yes, i will indeed see if the soap makes a difference with the stains.

One more thing, i was not trying to imply that GO[grunge off] will not rinse clean but it is a very heavy degreaser and leaves a lot of residue IF you dont rinse adequately, and i was just saying the soap could be an aid to really any chemical product that may leave residue. Its definitely not necessary, though.

Nycdeisel,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I know I do not NEED one, but would like a couple of DC adapters.

Mom (substitute Rick) do you know if we will be able to order those off the site anytime soon?

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
ob, I'll put that on my 'to do 'list for the next few hours. Others have asked the same question. I spaced getting a pic taken before I left for town but I will change the product description, PRICE, etc so all transformers shipped will be DC.
You do need to get with me if you can in the next few hours ob and I will shoot you a special price as you are one of only 3 'brick and mortar' dealers for Zaps.
I'll be hooked to the world for 16 more hours.
More Zaps going up in that time period too.

Rick,

ThirdGunman

JESUSgotNAILED said:
Also have a bad feeling my house's hard water will stain my tooty like every other glass piece I own here before long >:(

I have had the same issue with hard water where I currently live. Try soaking your glass in vinegar (I prefer apple cider, but regular white will have the same effect). After a soak, use a rolled up paper towel or a cotton swab to scrub the vinegar into the stain. The length of the soak will definitely effect the outcome. This method has worked time and time again when I get white hard water stains, and have even used it with some bad orange (almost red) water stains. If it builds up real quick then try using the vinegar every time before you do your final water rinse (also, like Nycdeisel said, and if it's available, try using distilled or filtered water for the final rinse) and then shake and wipe dry. Cheap, convenient and effective.

ThirdGunman,
Greetings everyone I so far love my rockzap but I am having an issue my throat is becoming more and more raw with each use. At first there was no prob at all then all of a sudden bam my throat is on fire now I have heard of smokers having dry thoats due post nadal drip when they quit smoking and start vaping but not quite sure any new zap users ever exp this or am I the first I know it's not the unit just looking for a bit of wisdom.. thanks in advance...

thefunkygiant,

placetime

I know it's somewhere in this thread, but I'm not finding it right now for some reason. Where can someone buy a CRZ in a brick and mortar store? :peace:

placetime,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Rick, email sent.
Placetime, there is one store in Oregon, one in Arizona and blissville.

the ob,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
thefunkygiant said:
Greetings everyone I so far love my rockzap but I am having an issue my throat is becoming more and more raw with each use. At first there was no prob at all then all of a sudden bam my throat is on fire now I have heard of smokers having dry thoats due post nadal drip when they quit smoking and start vaping but not quite sure any new zap users ever exp this or am I the first I know it's not the unit just looking for a bit of wisdom.. thanks in advance...

I haven't had a problem, but for some, vapor is "dry" and irritates the throat. I'd say, if it continues with a different strain (just to rule it out), a water filtration device may be in order. Deez is the Glass God(ess) around these parts. She might be able to recommend something. That should resolve the problem. I'm sure others have more exp. with this, so better advice is coming.

Magic9,

Nycdeisel

thefunkygiant said:

Its most likely due to one or both of these two things:
1. Heat
2. lack of moisture(vapor is hot and dry, if not filtered or accounted for with more space for cooling, but a longer path would not add any moisture which may be the problem)

some people are also more sensitive then others, or have a different tolerance for these things. I recommend you try attaching it to a glass water pipe of some sort with decent diffusion(you dont nee very much, this isnt smoke, no ash and the zap stems let very little particulate through as far as vapes go).

Just a simple, small straight tube or beaker would work fine in this case. Let me know if you have any questions.

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Seagullmeat said:
the ob said:
Rick, email sent.
Placetime, there is one store in Oregon, one in Arizona and blissville.

Where in oregon is this store?

The store is in Portland. It is called Blake.

zapman
do you ship to Brasil?

tdandre, unfortunately, at this time Rick is not selling out of North America. You could try contacting Blisssville, but I do not know that they are either.

momofthegoons,

placetime

momofthegoons said:
The store is in Portland. It is called Blake.

thanks mom. :) and now i see that there's also a link to Blake on the aromazap page--missed that somehow before.

placetime,

tdandre

maconheiro revolucionario
zapman
do you ship to Brasil?

tdandre, unfortunately, at this time Rick is not selling out of North America. You could try contacting Blisssville, but I do not know that they are either.

What a turn off...Rick had already replied to me by email that it is stuck only to North America.
hope that Blisssville has the glass tooties and car adapter, but was really hoping to get it directly from the source.
such a shame, i feel discriminated... just kidding
i'll try to sort a way
thanks anyways

tdandre,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The Etera was... and the MyrtleZap was designed from this. The Zap was the first to REALLY enter the mainstream, during the dawning of the vapor revolution!

Vitolo,

Rick

Zapman
We started Aromazap, locally in early 2001. We then built over 100 units to take to Seattle Hempfest in August 2001. We sold zero Zaps. Nobody had even heard of vapor. We were right at the entrance with glass dealers on both sides selling like crazy. Vapor????what is that? We even had a 12 volt battery running a few in case someone wanted to try them out. Total bust....right before 9-11.
The thing is, Aromazap would not have happened if we had not taken that step. I mean what do you do with 150 vapes paid for with a credit card? Better figure out plan B which happened. Once we started on the internet, we were the only log vape for quite awhile.

Eterra was the first in my book. They were kind of mainstream but service/delivery was bad in our opinion. That is what pushed us into the vape world.
About ready to head back to the woods with no communication to the world. 12 volt DC transformer is up now as are a few new Zaps.
As far as I know, Blisssville is only selling in the US currently. Maybe that will change but it is up to Ariel of Blisssville to make that decision. One step at a time.

Rick,

JESUSgotNAILED

ThirdGunman said:
JESUSgotNAILED said:
Also have a bad feeling my house's hard water will stain my tooty like every other glass piece I own here before long >:(

I have had the same issue with hard water where I currently live. Try soaking your glass in vinegar (I prefer apple cider, but regular white will have the same effect). After a soak, use a rolled up paper towel or a cotton swab to scrub the vinegar into the stain. The length of the soak will definitely effect the outcome. This method has worked time and time again when I get white hard water stains, and have even used it with some bad orange (almost red) water stains. If it builds up real quick then try using the vinegar every time before you do your final water rinse (also, like Nycdeisel said, and if it's available, try using distilled or filtered water for the final rinse) and then shake and wipe dry. Cheap, convenient and effective.

I appreciate your tips but I have been through hell and back when it comes to stains. We have no soft water filter in my house and my water is FULL of crap that my glass loves to cling onto. I have Simple Green, Grunge Off, vinegar, ISO, and salt and rice. I have to use nearly every single thing every month or so (various soakings for long amounts of time, shaking, etc) just to keep my tubes from becoming completely stained up and foggy. And I still can't keep everything 100%, like the inside of the trees in my Sovereignty Stem-8. Beyond frustrating. I don't know how you can fit a paper towel or a Q tip into a bubbler that has turns and such in it nor a bong that is longer than 7 inches, but your tip may work for my tooty once it's stains are bad enough. I'll keep it all in mind.

Found it funny last night I had vape session with my friend who owns a DBV. He's seen things on this thread and I've talked to him about it quite a bit so he knew all about the RZ. After about 5 minutes with it he said he's selling his DBV and buying a Zap. He really, really likes them and it just made me more happier that I chose an RZ for my first vape!

JESUSgotNAILED,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Jesus, the story about your friend is great. So glad to hear he liked it and that you are happy too. :D I've hardly used my whip vape at all since I got my CRZ's.

I have terrible problems with water stains at my cottage. The water has tons of lime and calcium. All of my glassware (kitchen) is spotted and dishes look dirty even when clean out of the dishwasher. It's so bad that we have to replace our coffee maker yearly and anything else that uses water (faucets, dishwasher,etc.) have a much shorter life due to the build up of mineral deposit. So, I guess I can totally understand where you are coming from.

Why not just use bottled water? Distilled comes in large containers and is fairly cheap. It would save on your expensive glass and tubes. It seems like the only solution for you. It's what I do with anything I don't want wrecked at the cottage. :2c:

momofthegoons,

collegerower

Hey mom (or anyone with an out on a limb) ,

I very well might have missed a post that answered this, but do you notice any performance difference between a normal rz and a out on a limb zap? I think I remember Rick saying that they run a little hotter?

I am trying to keep am eye out for one that speaks to me. :brow: I see one now that is pretty tempting...

collegerower,
Top Bottom