Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
collegerower, I was actually going to say something about that very thing in my last post, but had to answer the phone. :)

Yes, I do notice that my Sumo out on a limb is a heavier hitter than the other CRZ's I have. Rick told me it is because Sumac is a soft wood. I guess wood type still matters with these insulated Zaps. The softer the wood, the warmer it runs; at least that's been my experience.

momofthegoons,

collegerower

Great minds think alike!

I am trying to wrap my brain around how heavy these things hit compared to my faithful old brass zap from a few years ago. Would you say that the limb rz is at the highest end of your comfortable vaping zone? Do any of your other vapes run warmer?

collegerower,

THCMuscle

collegerower said:
Great minds think alike!

I am trying to wrap my brain around how heavy these things hit compared to my faithful old brass zap from a few years ago. Would you say that the limb rz is at the highest end of your comfortable vaping zone? Do any of your other vapes run warmer?

If I were to guesstimate temperatures by looking at ABV color, I would guess my RZ is my coolest running vape, yet it comes in close second behind my Solo in cloud-making-efficency. And HANDS DOWN has the best flavor of any vape I've tried. There is no deminishing taste as the hits go on. Every hit from the RZ is tasty as the first, and when its done its done, no burnt popcorn taste.

THCMuscle,
JESUSgotNAILED said:
ThirdGunman said:
JESUSgotNAILED said:
Also have a bad feeling my house's hard water will stain my tooty like every other glass piece I own here before long >:(

I have had the same issue with hard water where I currently live. Try soaking your glass in vinegar (I prefer apple cider, but regular white will have the same effect). After a soak, use a rolled up paper towel or a cotton swab to scrub the vinegar into the stain. The length of the soak will definitely effect the outcome. This method has worked time and time again when I get white hard water stains, and have even used it with some bad orange (almost red) water stains. If it builds up real quick then try using the vinegar every time before you do your final water rinse (also, like Nycdeisel said, and if it's available, try using distilled or filtered water for the final rinse) and then shake and wipe dry. Cheap, convenient and effective.

I appreciate your tips but I have been through hell and back when it comes to stains. We have no soft water filter in my house and my water is FULL of crap that my glass loves to cling onto. I have Simple Green, Grunge Off, vinegar, ISO, and salt and rice. I have to use nearly every single thing every month or so (various soakings for long amounts of time, shaking, etc) just to keep my tubes from becoming completely stained up and foggy. And I still can't keep everything 100%, like the inside of the trees in my Sovereignty Stem-8. Beyond frustrating. I don't know how you can fit a paper towel or a Q tip into a bubbler that has turns and such in it nor a bong that is longer than 7 inches, but your tip may work for my tooty once it's stains are bad enough. I'll keep it all in mind.

Found it funny last night I had vape session with my friend who owns a DBV. He's seen things on this thread and I've talked to him about it quite a bit so he knew all about the RZ. After about 5 minutes with it he said he's selling his DBV and buying a Zap. He really, really likes them and it just made me more happier that I chose an RZ for my first vape!

Lmao!! I'm actually quite happy with my DBV, but loved the smoothness of the CRZ. I might just hold onto it for those bigger bowls maybe. But I'm definitely gettin one once I get another job. vaporbongin with the crz is amazing tho, hands downs :)

Question: I read a few post saying that certain wood types that are less dense run slightly hotter, which types of wood are those??

$moe-money$,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
$moe, if you look at this wood density chart you will see the different densities of wood. The higher the density number, the denser the wood. Although Sumac is not on there, it is a softer wood, as would be the cedar and elm. If you want a CRZ that will be on the hotter side, you would want one out of wood that is on the lower side of the chart. Of course, some woods are so soft that I would imagine they would not work at all, or at the very least, be more prone to damage.

collegerower, I would say that of all my log vapes, the Sumac has the most substantial hits. Interestingly, my abv turns out the same color with all my CRZ's. But, my whip vape (a Hot Box) is hotter, as is my LB. Both of those can combust. I would not say that any of my log vapes are above my comfort zone though. Frankly, I like the variety that all the different woods give me in flavor and "heat" and would not say I like one better than the other. One thing I will say is that although I love my old school Zaps, they do not hit as hard as the new CRZ's. Night and day. These new babies retain heat better, run hotter, get the abv darker; just give way more bang for the buck.

momofthegoons,

collegerower

Thanks for the input everyone. I guess it's decided that I have to get one of these bad boys when I get back to the states.

collegerower,

tdandre

maconheiro revolucionario
I love this community!!!!!
thanks to everyone who offered to help me to get a zap here in south america, most of all to our beloved Vito who is helping me to get one :cool: :D.
This will to help others is what makes me proud to be a FC member.
Can't wait to join the log world.
Happy vaping to everyone!

tdandre,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
That's wonderful news tdandre! Yes, Vito is a wonderful person. That he would do this doesn't surprise me at all. I can't wait to hear what you think about it. ;)

momofthegoons,

ThirdGunman

JESUSgotNAILED said:
I don't know how you can fit a paper towel or a Q tip into a bubbler that has turns

Yeah, I was simply talking about a straight glass stem, like the one for your zap. Cotton swabs are definitely not the weapon of choice for glass with lots of turns :lol:, and I see you have your finger on the pulse of glass cleaning products, so I guess all I can do is wish you good luck when it comes to keeping that glass clean and clear... Except for when it gets all clouded up from the zap of course.:D

ThirdGunman,
Okay, I am totally sold on the CRZ as my first home-based vape (have a MLFB and now an Iolite for portable purposes). I had all but decided to go with an SSV until I wandered into this thread. I've done a lot of research since then and feel pretty strongly that the log is what is best for me, and I love the looks of and everything I have read about the CRZ.

So how often does Rick put up new zaps on average? I notice he posted more today and see a few I really like but I just KNOW someone will snatch them up before payday.

TheDudeNextDoor,

treecityrnd

Get them while their HOT dude ;)

Cause your right (just ask NYC), someone is going to grab it!

I owned a SSV (and still own a LSV, among many others including the MFLB). You have made an incredibly wise and it seems data-driven and informed decision. Rick (and everyone in this thread for advice) will not let you down. I was fortunate enough that my surrogate mom directed me to my life-changing first CRZ.

treecityrnd,

Nycdeisel

I know that all too well :lol:

the one[s[ that got away.... :(

its ok though, ive got something good on the way ;) :buzz:

Nycdeisel,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Jesus-- Are you using the hard water in the glass for vaping or cleaning? I wouldn't feel right about using my well water for either. The Wal-Marts around here have distilled water for $0.97 per gallon. Perfect 6.0 ph everytime. There are reverse osmosis and other filter options, but a gallon of water lasts a while for us.

Dude-- Welcome. I told you, this thing is a beast in wood clothing. It sits on a nearby cabinet, on 24/7, just ready and willing whenever. When we sit down to watch tv or play a game, we just move it over to the coffee table. We were moving it from room to room (sometimes we watch tv in the bedroom), but we liked it so much, we just ordered a second. Try a bottle of essential oil too. I never thought I'd bother, but it turns out, the wife loves it, and I enjoy it too.

I'm relatively new to the zap scene myself, but it seems like there are news ones added a few times a week.
Sometimes more, sometimes less. Part of the fun, I think. If you see one you like and it sells, you can maybe contact Rick, he might be able to help you out.

Magic9,

JESUSgotNAILED

momofthegoons said:
Jesus, the story about your friend is great. So glad to hear he liked it and that you are happy too. :D I've hardly used my whip vape at all since I got my CRZ's.

I have terrible problems with water stains at my cottage. The water has tons of lime and calcium. All of my glassware (kitchen) is spotted and dishes look dirty even when clean out of the dishwasher. It's so bad that we have to replace our coffee maker yearly and anything else that uses water (faucets, dishwasher,etc.) have a much shorter life due to the build up of mineral deposit. So, I guess I can totally understand where you are coming from.

Why not just use bottled water? Distilled comes in large containers and is fairly cheap. It would save on your expensive glass and tubes. It seems like the only solution for you. It's what I do with anything I don't want wrecked at the cottage. :2c:

Oh I definitely use filtered water for combusting and vaping, just hard water gets in there when I rinse my stuff after or before cleaning in my tub/sink.

JESUSgotNAILED,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I was fortunate enough that my surrogate mom directed me to my life-changing first CRZ.

Lol, tree this had me laughing this morning! :D

Rick is back up and running with his internet, so those of you who may have been waiting to contact him now can.

TheDudeNextDoor, Rick puts up new Zaps as needed on the site. I think that you can count on there being a good amount in stock for a while. And as Magic9 said, there is a chance that if something you like sells, there may be one similar "back home," although no two Zaps are identical.

momofthegoons,

Gobrian

Thank you for answering my questions about flying, I fly later this month, and I think I ill indeed be taking it in my checked luggage along with some essential oil.

Now I have another concern, something I just noticed, and I think Rick may be best qualified to answer this one.
I noticed while moving Chatoya1 that something inside was loose. Now I remember when I first got it that it was a solid device. Now something rattles if I move it around. It feels like a pretty solid and heavy sound, so my current assumption is that the whole heat core is loose. The heatport now gives , and I can move it around (not rotate, just move it sideways, think console controller joy stick, but to a smaller extent) , so that pretty much confirms my hypothesis.
Now, I don't care at all if it rattles as long as it works.
My ONLY concern is that if the core is loose like that, if it is still safe to keep!.
If the device is on 24/7, and the heat port is now loose and moves around, I am concerned about possibility of it causing a fire in my home.
However, I don't know the internals, etc. So please, chime in Rick.

Gobrian,
Nycdeisel said:
I know that all too well :lol:

the one[s[ that got away.... :(

its ok though, ive got something good on the way ;) :buzz:

Oooooo, now I REALLY intrigued. Can't wait to have that money in my hand so I can pull the trigger quickly when I hone in on "The One."

TheDudeNextDoor,
Magic9 said:
Dude-- Welcome. I told you, this thing is a beast in wood clothing. It sits on a nearby cabinet, on 24/7, just ready and willing whenever. When we sit down to watch tv or play a game, we just move it over to the coffee table. We were moving it from room to room (sometimes we watch tv in the bedroom), but we liked it so much, we just ordered a second. Try a bottle of essential oil too. I never thought I'd bother, but it turns out, the wife loves it, and I enjoy it too.

Thanks man! Your post reminded me that it wasn't this thread I wandered into but the "All log owners" thread, which is where my interest was first peaked, and from there, you directed me here. Since then, I have read a lot about log vapes in general and watched several Youtube videos about them. Man, am I glad I did. I think I will be much happier with a CRZ than I would have been with either the SSV or the DBV. The more I read about it, the more it just speaks to me and the type of experience I am looking for. I cannot wait to have one in my hands.

Good note about the oils. I assume I will want to add the aroma flower for that, yes? Where do you get these essential oils? I don't see anything about them on the site.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Nycdeisel

You can find a decent variety at most health food stores, not sure where else to find them though im sure theres a few places(ordering online would obviously widen your options)

Nycdeisel,

d13th

Attention Canadian Customers

If you're looking for a log vape, look no further than Aromazap/Rick.

I spent hours on the web trying to find a Canadian retailer for ANY kind of log vaporizer and I was consistently met with dead ends. I just happened to find a post somewhere in the middle of these hundreds with a comment from Rick mentioning that he only needs to be contacted first to accept Canadian orders.

This is entirely accurate, and easy. Rick is extremely customer service oriented and I am walking away a very satisfied Canadian customer.

Coming from Ontario, I urge you not to hesitate in contacting Rick if you are interested in a log vapourizer.

To make sure I got the vapourizer I wanted, I hopped onto his website, found a vape that I loved, and ordered it by CHEQUE. This immediately held it for me in his system, and required no payment to hold.

By default, as an international order yours WILL be cancelled and put back in stock on the website. This is why you need to contact Rick right away after your order - zapman@aromazap.com - to let him know the order number and description of the vapourizer you desire.

Once you get a hold of Rick, you're well on your way and he will take care of the rest with you.

Getting a log Vapourizer in Canada was a nightmare for me until I finally just contacted Rick.

5 Star service Rick. Thank you again.

D&J.

NextDoorGuy,

Aromatherapy oils are pretty common here in Ontario. You can get all kinds of different scents from a place in most of our shopping malls called "The Body Shop". Maybe you have a store that is similar?

Blisssville, an associate company of Aromazap, also sells a variety of aromatherapy oils.
mod note: please use the edit button to avoid back to back posts. merged.

d13th,
Nycdeisel said:
You can find a decent variety at most health food stores, not sure where else to find them though im sure theres a few places(ordering online would obviously widen your options)

Right on! I have a health food store in town. Do I just look for something called "essential oils"? You'll have to forgive me; I'm a total noob to this kind of stuff. What scent can you all recommend I try? Or is it just totally personal preference?

d13th said:
NextDoorGuy,

Aromatherapy oils are pretty common here in Ontario. You can get all kinds of different scents from a place in most of our shopping malls called "The Body Shop". Maybe you have a store that is similar?

Blisssville, an associate company of Aromazap, also sells a variety of aromatherapy oils.

We have stores around here dedicated to bath and body type stuff. Is that the kind of store you mean?

mod note: use 'edit button' and quote tags to add multiple quotes please. posts merged.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Rick

Zapman
Gobrian
Your CRZ is experiencing a wood change. This will happen with some woods in some climates. Sometimes it takes much time and sometimes it happens quickly. Most of the time it does not happen.
We secure the entire insulated heatport assembly in the wood with two wood screws, screwed into the inside of the wood and wedged against the bottom of the assembly. After time and all the heat, the wood will change shape. That is the nature of wood. Some woods and grain patterns will change more radically than others. The assembly then can get loose in the wood. The good news is this is not about charring of the wood, at least we have not seen any charring currently. The other good news is we have one, maybe two of the best brains available to fix the problem permanently. We do not have a fix yet but are working on it for sure.
This is new for us and frankly I am glad to hear about it as we have a new product here and it takes time to work out the bugs. And bugs can be expected when we mix wood with lots of heat.
As far as we know, there is no automatic explanation, ie, "when the wood has more moisture, x happens" or "when it is totally bone dry, y happens".
I will also say get in touch with me Gobrian. Maybe I can send a temporary unit to wherever you are going? Will you be there long? In the US? Sorry for not being caught up with all the talk here. I do want to look at your Zap with the rattle. I will also say it is plenty safe to use. The only thing that has changed is the original tight fit of the heatport assembly in the wood which we will restore for you. It should still work fine.
I will also say we are seeing a bit more of this, especially in extremely dry climates.

edit: Yup, we are back, hooked to the world from our cave in the mountains. Got home yesterday after a day in town with very high speed wifi and the magic Satellite repair genie appeared. Good to go now after a minor repair to a complicated techie device.

edit edit:
D&J, thank you for your kind post. I do want to clarify this process you went through is not automatic. I can be a moody guy and you caught me in a good mood. We still OFFICIALLY only ship to US addresses. We do want to eventually get Zaps up to Canada to ship from Canada to Canadians as that is the only way to do it right.
So the real word from Rick, at this time, is we only ship to US addresses.......with an exception or two now and then.

Rick,

al bundy

Vaporist
Hey Rick.you use a satellite for Internet?direcway?
Don't know where you run the server from or how much data you need but there's
a stand alone service called Clear, basically its 4g speed and if you can get a phone signal,you can use Clear,I install for Directv and they were selling these also. :peace:

al bundy,

goody8504

TheDudeNextDoor said:
Good note about the oils. I assume I will want to add the aroma flower for that, yes?

You don't need to spend any extra money on an aroma flower, though they are aesthetically pleasing. If you choose not to order one, you will instead receive a small copper cup that you can use to diffuse oils. If i recall correctly, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that the copper cup actually gets a little bit hotter due to its smaller size, causing the aromas to be even stronger than those created using the aroma flower. I could be mistaken about that bit at the end though. But either way, no, you don't need an aroma flower.

goody8504,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
My brother just received his zap today and he is extremely satisfied. It is very nice in person. Thanks for everything Rick. :peace:

Here's a couple of pictures of his zap next to mine. Have a nice day everyone.
gMTNY.jpg

zUXq6.jpg

MM..Food,
Top Bottom