Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
Momofthegoons,
"Edit to add:
Irie, the airpath is completely enclosed SS. The ceramic disc is only on top to insulate the wood from the heat of the stainless heatcore."

yes. I understand that part but aren't the air intake holes at the top of the stainless insert right next to the ceramic top?

I much prefer and get more vapor from a 1/2 to 3/4 loosely packed stem. I also only vaporbong with my pd.

Edit: thanks a lot mom, I hadn't noticed it addressed. I am just trying to console a mild concern I had with the ceramic. I am very interested in purchasing a RZ.

Rick, what kind of ceramic is it you use and any concern over dust particles from it? If not, why not? You are kicking ass Rick!

Irie,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Irie, I actually edited my post again today to include the ceramic blanket that surrounds the heatport. Both the blanket and the ceramic disc at the top are there to insulate the wood from the heatport.

This question isn't really mine to answer. You will have to wait for Rick to come on and clarify for you. It has been addressed before many pages back.

edit to add: Sorry, I'm getting a little edit crazy...
Irie, I went back and checked past posts regarding the ceramic and the top ring has not been addressed. While, IMO, I don't see any hazard from it, I have alerted Rick to your question. I'm sure he will come on at one point or another today and give you an answer.

momofthegoons,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Rick said:
This product is sealed in some way on the surface. It has a smooth, non fibrous or pourous surface, not at all like ceramic insulation we have seen in the past.
We are doing our best to consider all safety concerns of any product we make. That was the main reason we added the SS closed bottom to our SS heatport assembly, originally done by Alan who makes the Toasty Top. An excellent idea originally to eliminate the concerns some may have of inhaling wood char and wood particles through the heatport assembly. The old open bottom heatport design leaves a small area not protected from the vapor airflow by Stainless Steel.
Then there is the area where the ceramic blanket is mounted. It is also sealed from any outer or inner exposure.
We have to draw lines somewhere. I know from experience that we will not be able to please everybody out there, no matter what we do. That's OK with us. That is life in the business world. We will do our best as always to insure we make a safe product.

Rick said:
There is actually more. We have welded stainless steel 'wings'(larger washers) to the top and the bottom of the heatport to encase the insulating wrap at the top and bottom with SS and center the heatport in the wood. So below the top ceramic ring is a full size SS flat washer, all the way out to the wood and the same at the bottom.(Bottom would have the SS washer above the ceramic insulating ring).
The insulating blanket is completely enclosed between Stainless Steel and wood. It does not touch the ceramic top and bottom insulators.

Post #5477 has a pic of assembly. It was a concern for I had before I purchased too. I'm satisfied.

Magic9,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Being a part of Zapville has been a blessing.
I love helping folks, and as you all know I provide CRZs to my community through my website.
I write about them at Arizona Medical RockZaps and the patients in Arizona love them!
I know you all check the AromaZap website often to see what Rick has up his sleeve.
I want to remind all of you that our dear friends at BlissSville also are a part of the Zap Family! Ariel is a certified Aromatherapist, and she thinks that tha Zaps rock!
Look at the selection of fine Zaps she has at BlissSville AromaZaps
And of course... Check the AromaZap website daily for new items!

Vitolo,

THCMuscle

I'm not sure if this is a testement to the extraction abilities of the RZ, but after a week long T-break I am able to get a decent buzz from a 1/8th stem. Yes, that means the screen is barely covered by herb when packing. I am amazed. From time to time I am tempted to get a vape that produces bigger clouds because intuitively I think they are extracting better, but I know that clouds are no indication of extraction capability and the RZ is a good display of that. The RZ produces PHENOMENAL taste and a few tasty clouds (not super dense), but it never fails to get my vaked off my ass on hardly any herb.

Remember guys, clouds do not mean much when it comes to extraction capability.

THCMuscle,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Very nice Nyc....very nice.

Just got an email from Rick saying he was unable to log into FC today from McDonalds. I was having trouble earlier too, so maybe there was a server problem with the site. In any case, he will get back with us as soon as he can. I would imagine it will not be before tomorrow at the earliest.

momofthegoons,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
momofthegoons said:
Very nice Nyc....very nice.

Just got an email from Rick saying he was unable to log into FC today from McDonalds. I was having trouble earlier too, so maybe there was a server problem with the site. In any case, he will get back with us as soon as he can. I would imagine it will not be before tomorrow at the earliest.
Yeah, the site was down for a bit earlier

SF Giant,

Nycdeisel

i too was just having some problems, but it was only the threads themselves i couldnt get into... weird :hmm:

thanks mom, i know you like that ambrosia maple ;)

Nycdeisel,

THCMuscle

Got some teatree and mint oil in the RZ right now, god I love this thing.

7d45376e.jpg

THCMuscle,

Nycdeisel

thank you, i felt it was the only right choice, as in, it chose me :peace:

Nice photo, Thc. I just started using the zap as an aromatherapy device(i know, i know) and i love it so far, i will be looking into more types of essential oils :)

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Once you start mixing oils, and experiencing the plethora of mood elevating combinations.... you open the door to areas of great comfort, involvement, therefore relief from distress!
DSC00547.jpg

Vitolo,

collegerower

Some great things happening around in this thread. I have moved to Australia for a while and had to leave my old Zap behind in the states. They say you never know what you have till you loose it, and boy do I miss my Zap. When I move back I will be investing in a CRZ, and I will be able to enjoy it like the rest of you!

Till then keep up the great work Rick!

collegerower,

Gobrian

Just bought my plane tix today. Earlier I posted asking if it would be OK to take the CRZ in with the checked luggage, not carry on. (NOT THE STEMS, I would not dare do that even if clean- I will have a friend mailing them to me later, along with my MFLB and grinder through USPS-i hope this is OK). I would be packing it in just with the copper cup in case anything were to happen, then I could say its just an auromatherapy device since there's no actual thc in it.

I know i posted this already, but I am posting again to see if anyone has actually had any experience doing this.

Gobrian,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm pretty sure NycDiesel traveled with hers..... look back many pages if she doesn't come on. It was before Christmas.

I can't see any problem putting in your carry on the way you described Gobrian. Add a little vial of essential oil and the story is complete. ;)

momofthegoons,

al bundy

Vaporist
I went to Fla for Christmas I cleaned my MFLB and cleaned two.stems,charger and four batter.
also had 10 grams of bud vacuumed sealed.
put weed in folded pants,put box in zip lock bag in shaving bag,put batts and charger with camera,cell phone chargers,all in checked bag with no problem.

I came home with box as is in zip lock bag,no weed,no problem.

My friend left for the carribean Monday with two lbs.of bud vacuumed sealed and a VTower and a No2. Arrived no.problem,this is the second time for vapes and bud and about the eighth with bud. Never brought more than three lbs.
now I wouldn't dream of bringing pounds only an oz the most but I guess they're not looking for those things.
and when he got to where he was going they searched his bags before entry and again no problem, they even picked up what he weed was in and moved it out of the way to search the luggage,found nothing. So I guess it's luck of the draw or they have to be looking for it.

I was going to mail the weed to Fla but I took a chance ,I'm traveling with wife and two kids
Not alone makes a difference too.
If you mail it Priority mail is the way to go mIl it two days before and you'll arrive with it already there.
I'm not saying Anyone should chance it ,just posting my experience.
I hate looking for bud on vacation,and if there's any left maillot home or I just give it to someone.
Good luck and enjoy.

al bundy,

Nycdeisel

Hello! hope im not too late for your plane flight! I took a PD on a domestic flight, twice, and had no problems. I took the stems with me, totally cleaned. Put them in my toiletries bag thing. The PD was as far centered in soft clothing as it could be, just to protect it from the TSA's rough handling. I put a baggie with some essential oils right next to it, along with the aromatherapy cup.

But on the other two flights, i wasnt nearly as well prepared. I was pretty much about to hop in a car to go to the airport and i wass vaping and about to clean stems. Probably could have gotten them cleaner with a longer soak but it cleaned all residue away of course.

Best of luck, though i hope you dont need it!!

on a side note: im super excited for my new zap to arrive!

Nycdeisel,

Rick

Zapman
On a side note, some good news. Still no internet at home or estimate when we get it back so I rented a room in town with wifi. A whopping $40!, and it is sweet for a cheap room.
I am doing labels now for close to 20 orders and will get them to the PO in an hour or so. Everything is shipping except 1 money order order(green not here yet) and an Out on a Limb customer that changed his mind to another OOAL. That means your order too NYC will be leaving today and due Friday or Saturday.
Back in a few hours to send out shipping notices and try to answer a question or two that have come up here on FC.
This was really our only solution as things do pile up if we do not keep the train moving. I also have a bunch of other business to get done online that needs attention.

Rick,

JESUSgotNAILED

I did the QWISO method with my glass tooty and had much success. For the first time ever making qwiso, my end product is straight oil! I never get oil, just solids. I didn't do anything differently this time neither besides use a square pan and vapor resin as the source, rather than a grinder.

I haven't consumed any yet. Not sure on how I should, assuming sandwiching a drop between buds will work. I know about Vito's cotton method but is there any other way besides that to vape JUST the oil? So I don't have to load flower with it?

I'm guessing I maybe got oil because no plant matter was in the solution. Oddly enough when I was shaking the stem with ISO, only the resin came off, all the small particles coated in my stem stayed until I rinsed them off. Odd. Also have a bad feeling my house's hard water will stain my tooty like every other glass piece I own here before long >:(

JESUSgotNAILED,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
JESUSgotNAILED said:
I haven't consumed any yet. Not sure on how I should, assuming sandwiching a drop between buds will work. I know about Vito's cotton method but is there any other way besides that to vape JUST the oil? So I don't have to load flower with it.>:(
Here's how I do it if I'm trying to not use up my herbs. Use the straw method to load the stem with ABV and stand it up on the counter or table or whatever flat surface is handy at the time. Take a straightened out paperclip or something like that, scoop up a nice lil' dalop of my oil with the tip of it. Heat up the paperclip with a lighter just till the oil liquifies enough to drop right into the center of my load. You'll get a bunch of tasty hits from it. But Vito's cotton method works wonderfully too.

Albert Hofmann,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use the same qtip method in your case,,, I just use the qtip to wipe up the oils!!(and re- roll the swab inside out so the oil is inside.
You can sprinkle kief on the oil and get yourself a little"wad" that you could layer in a stem!

Vitolo,
Top Bottom