Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Vitolo

Vaporist
A look at some of the Zaps that have gone to patients in Arizona!
You will notice that Mabel, at the left has retained her place.. she is such a gorgeous doll and she knows it!
She knows she is a film legend now.. and wants to be in every photo shoot.

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00980.jpg

The patients that end up with these Zaps, are my friends now.. each of them.
Each has a special story.
Some of you here on FC are patients that I know!

This little Zap here, went to RJ.
Rick from Aromazap started this out by charging only for expenses, parts, and outsourced work.
I did the outreach, and delivery.
The community patients kicked in to pick up the slack.
DSC00410.jpg

Janis, is the name of this Zap.
RJ is a 9 year old boy with Kidney Cancer.
He is a legal MMJ patient and his Grandmother is his caregiver.
He was on narcotic drugs and his grandma said NO more.
The Arizona Cannabis Society have been helping provide for Phoenix Tears, a strong sublingual tincture for RJs pain. They work, but take anywhere up to an hour to take effect, and there was a void.
The leaders of this group are members of my website as well ( http://vaporist.wordpress.com ). They approached me to find out how much I would be able to help in getting RJ instant relief while they waited for the Phoenix Tears to work.
I am real choked up as I type this to you all
Tears are actually falling to my lap because I got an email from Grandma. She said:
Thank you SO MUCH Vito! RJ actually asked me for his "straw" last night!
It is great for him to have relief with MJ.. (working away from the opiates as
much as possible!)

It is times like this that it does not matter if I see another day
I already know, my work here is done!

Last edited:
Vitolo,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Kudos Vito! :tup: Thanks for sharing that story (and thank you a great deal more for doing what you are doing legally for those in need). Very touching & heartwarming IMHO. :)

Kudos Rick as well. As much as I am conflicted due to a friendship with an individual you had a conflict with but used to call a friend AFAIK. The sappy part of me (which you can blame on Vito's story :lol: ) wishes that you could wish each other a happy new year and it would somehow patch everything up or at least be the beginning of the proverbial hatchet burrying (and make things so much better for so many people IMO). Your work is beautiful as well as innovative, and seems to be proving to be an upgrade in design (from the enclosed stainless heat exchanger to the beautiful SS lined stems). I would love to see a log that can even segregate the ceramic heating element from the air path. I am certain that I will begin my collection when I get to the point in my life when I am no longer transient (and can collect things).

Rick, I noticed that you said you were 30 miles from a McD's in Idaho. Are you near Ontario, OR (and, if so, do you drink beer from Beer Valley brewing co.)? Good stuff!...Leafer Madness IPA. :drool:

I hope that everyone has a happy new year that provides opportunities for you to find yourself by helping the world in some way.

Toke it easy (and enjoy the clouds Marcus RIP). :cool:

Progress,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vito, you have moved me to tears again.... and I already knew of this story. Such a wonderful thing that he could find relief in a natural way. Even better that you were in the right place to help him.

And look at all the Zaps that have found a medicinal home!

A note on the new wall adapters (12v DC); I haven't had a lot of time with mine, but I do seem to feel a noticeable "oomph" from them. It's not more heat exactly, just more steady hits. I also want to report that my Sumo CRZ hits like a freight train. :D It's become my husband"s and my favorite.

momofthegoons,

JESUSgotNAILED

Vitolo said:
in a tootie I would say yes

Alright. And if I were using the regular nylon stems, would you then recommended scraping what I can before doing the ISO soak/evap?

Awesome and touching story as well. Glad to see one care so much about the community.

Enjoy your New Year's guys.

JESUSgotNAILED,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I scrape only really filthy stubborn DBV/SSV wands if at all.
I say same technique for nylon stems...
when the alcohol is almost evaporated.. don't forget Qtips.... The Zap can be used to vape the oils collected!
RockZap for HashOil

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

That is amazing Vitolo. ARe you the medicine man? if youre not you seem pretty damn close. I wish i could rep that post! Zappy new year everyone i hope the next one is even better then the last! :wave:

Nycdeisel,

JESUSgotNAILED

I wish I could of repped that post as well Deez! :lol:

That sounds good to me Vito. ISO for all stems, it is. My QWISO never turns out to be in oil/liquid form, it's always more of a solid that feels/pulls apart similar to bubble hash oddly enough. Never been able to have a oil end product. Never have I used a vape utensil before, however, so we will see. Thanks again!

JESUSgotNAILED,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Vito, you are a angel. Nicely done.

Mom, what do you mean new wall adapters? When did these start? I'm assuming I have some with my new ones.

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
ob, I'm not sure if you do or not. Rick has switched to a DC adapter recently. If you have gotten a shipment from him in the last couple of weeks, I would think it would be the new one.

There is really not a huge difference between the AC and the DC. IMO, the DC just gives a little more bang for the buck. Maybe more consistent would be accurate? Like I said before, it's hard to put your finger on the difference. It's definitely not hotter because of it.

Edit to add: I will say that the cord for the DC seems a bit more substantial than the other.

momofthegoons,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Vitos story brings back memories of my uncle who died a few years ago from liver cancer. Towards the end, the pain meds stopped working and he couldn't eat. Some members of my family (anti-mj), wanted to get some to see if it helps (that was a surreal convo, I tell you). It helped with the pain, he could eat, and even move around the house some. My only regret there, I didn't know much about vapor then, just smoke.

Hats off to you Vito. Puts things in perspective a bit. We're still stuck in a non-med state here, and the call gets louder every single day to head out west to the "frontlines". On behalf of those who can't fight the good fight, we applaud those of you that are. You're a fucking hero Vito.

Magic9,
I would also like to thank Vito and let you know he went above and beyond the call of duty to try and help me I am a medical patient in maine who was diagnosed with chronic respiratory failure so anything close to combustion is out of the question. Vito did all the research for me as far as my mobility, dexterity and anything else for special needs. Vito one up you are a true saint and godsend. Hope this year brings great happiness and warm wishes. P.S. I am still working for one of these get me back on the medicating path

Willuminati,

placetime

what's up with the aromazap website? updating or problems? :uhoh: maybe someone in contact with rick offline should let him know...
:peace:

placetime,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thanks placetime. I already called Rick this morning first thing about it. I think his server is down.

First his internet and now his site... Talk about the Universe telling him to take a day off! :lol:

If there is anything anyone needs to contact Rick about, please feel free to pm me. I will get the info to him. He has been checking his emails daily (at the McDonalds) and was caught up as of yesterday afternoon. If anyone is waiting on a response from him, let me know.

Edit: Website is back up and running.....

momofthegoons,

JESUSgotNAILED

Another question: I will be ISO washing my glass tooty real soon here and I know the process well, just was wondering if YOU guys use a coffee filter or not, to filter your solution through onto a plate or whatever? I've always skipped this part when making QWISO (from grinders) but wanted your guys' opinions since I'll be using my glass tooty instead. Thanks!

JESUSgotNAILED,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
My SumoCRZ has been a daily soldier in my house since the first batch of these sumo beauties came out of the zapshop. Rick kindly sent along a prototype whip that is now the main go to stem for my lovely other half. She's even turned her back on my extensive glass collection because she loves that mini whip so much.

I had been collecting many different types of vape before Ricks workmanship called me to the logstyle side of life. From that day forward unless it's a portable or a friend is curious about the various vapes gathering dust on my table it is a log vape that I go straight to. Be it the CRZ or one from another log camp.

My CRZ is the only one that I never ever turn off and with the ambient temperature high in this hot Aussie summer it is hitting like not one but two consecutive freight trains!..
Cheers Rick for making my 2011 the year of the log vape and all the best for 2012!

psyshaman,

THCMuscle

psyshaman said:
My SumoCRZ has been a daily soldier in my house since the first batch of these sumo beauties came out of the zapshop. Rick kindly sent along a prototype whip that is now the main go to stem for my lovely other half. She's even turned her back on my extensive glass collection because she loves that mini whip so much.

I had been collecting many different types of vape before Ricks workmanship called me to the logstyle side of life. From that day forward unless it's a portable or a friend is curious about the various vapes gathering dust on my table it is a log vape that I go straight to. Be it the CRZ or one from another log camp.

My CRZ is the only one that I never ever turn off and with the ambient temperature high in this hot Aussie summer it is hitting like not one but two consecutive freight trains!..
Cheers Rick for making my 2011 the year of the log vape and all the best for 2012!

I am the same way! I have lost most if not all of my interest in fixed based vapes aside from my CRZ. My CRZ has introduced me to the world of log vapes and I don't feel like turning back. My only interest in acquiring additional vapes aside from a collection of these beautiful wood art pieces is the latest and greatest portables.

I am so jealous you have a sumo! Those concave shaped Sumos are the sexiest RZs I have laid my cyber eyes on.

I hope Rick comes out with new accessories to compliment these great vapes. I personally would love a glass stem.

I do have one question about the tollerances of the metal stems. Is the reason they are somewhat loose is to account for any possible expanding/contracting of the core and stem? Though it is far far from a complaint, I do wish my stems fit very tight with precision.

Has anyone tried a very fine screen in their stems? I get a decent amount of particulates in my stem and I'm pondering putting in a very fine screen. I don't mind frequent cleaning.

THCMuscle,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
THCMuscle said:
Has anyone tried a very fine screen in their stems? I get a decent amount of particulates in my stem and I'm pondering putting in a very fine screen.

I wonder this too. I've found I get the best results (darker more even ABV) with a pretty fine grind (sm 2pc SC). I have a screen kit coming since I dislodged the other stems screen when I got wild with a toothpick. Has anyone tried two screens? Or a finer screen?

We are now reluctant CRZ collectors I guess. The concave sumo is definitely next. Maybe a Redwood. Ahhhhh, decisions decisions.

EDIT** So Mom, the 12v DC has a little something extra? In your opinion, is it worth it to have all of them run on it, or good to have one on 12v AC and one on 12v DC for the variety?

Magic9,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
Hi all,
Just curious and I have never seen it here in the thread, it probably is though.
What's the deal with ceramic insulation. The top piece is basically exposed to the air path, no? Doesn't ceramic tend to put out fine particulates/dust that is harmful to lung tissue?

I am not trolling, for sure, I admire these vapes alot.
Thanks!

Irie,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
So Mom, the 12v DC has a little something extra? In your opinion, is it worth it to have all of them run on it, or good to have one on 12v AC and one on 12v DC for the variety?

I wouldn't go nuts replacing all the existing AC adapters you have. I would wait until the day they might need replacing and then order a DC. The difference isn't that big. It's just a little oomph. :) I think, in the long run, it was a good move by Rick. But, I'm not replacing all of my adapters until they need replacing. ;)

Edit to add:

Irie, the airpath is completely enclosed SS. The ceramic disc on top and the ceramic blanket that surrounds the heatport are there to insulate the wood from the heat of the stainless heatcore.

momofthegoons,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I ordered an extra adapter when I ordered the new Zap. I figured at worst, it will be good to have a backup.

Magic9,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Mom,
I am still curious about the new adapters and when Rick started them.

Also is it the same brand?

Why did he make the switch? Inquiring minds want to know.

the ob,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Hey OB, check post #6535 and 6540 on pg. 262. It should catch you up. Kind of long so I didn't want paste them and maybe miss something. Seems to *slightly* improve performance? The new ones are Jameco part #100870.

Magic9,

THCMuscle

Does anyone actually pack down their stem loads? I usally fill my stem 1/2 way by the straw method then flick the bowl a few times to make everything bounce around and let it all become gravity loose.

THCMuscle,

Nycdeisel

Never. ever. pack it down.
for me anyway :D

i try to load it as loose as possible and recently i have started tapping it on the little dish that holds my ground herb on the tip just to loosen it up even more(i primarily 'vapor bong')

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom