Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Oh lol my fault on the phrasing. Another question I have is with the stem, do you have any issues with dry herbs or stems falling out of the when you put it upside down in the vape?
And what is the average size stem load? Is it similar to the PD or larger?

$moe-money$,

chib

Kush please
Doesn't seem to matter how dry my erb is, Never will combust. That's the beauty of this thing, It burns at a really perfect temperature for everything. Weed will sometimes fall onto the screen put it doesn't go through, I just dump it back out into my AVB jar.

If you fill the stem full it's about .1 which is about the same as the PD.

chib,

JESUSgotNAILED

Nycdeisel said:
Hey jesus :wave: Glad to see you took my advice and came to visit this fine thread

The Nylon as I said does not really have any taste to it.

You picked the D9 redwood! Nice choice!

I posted a picture of the ABV I get from a finished stem in my loco RZ, somewhere in this thread. I wish i knew where it was page wise... anyone?

Glad I did too, and thanks deez :D

chib said:
Doesn't seem to matter how dry my erb is, Never will combust. That's the beauty of this thing, It burns at a really perfect temperature for everything. Weed will sometimes fall onto the screen put it doesn't go through, I just dump it back out into my AVB jar.

If you fill the stem full it's about .1 which is about the same as the PD.

That all sounds great, and a full stem being around .1 is one of the reasons why I really want this vape. Seems to get people quite high on super small amounts!

JESUSgotNAILED,
Thats good that it doesn't fall through. I wouldn't like any abv to fall onto the heating element.
And wow I can get used to only using .1 at the very most to fill a stem.

$moe-money$,

JESUSgotNAILED

I don't know if I'm being impatient or what, but for some reason Paypal is acting up for me and not taking the money out of my account. In the past it's always been immediate, but my bank account still hasn't been charged since I ordered it at 2pm yet Paypal says the transaction is COMPLETE and "Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete."

Hope it changes by tomorrow!

Edit - Cancel this; I was being impatient. The money was taken out of my account late evening. :)

JESUSgotNAILED,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
[/quote=$moe-money$but I wanna know what temp range this vape gets to and will I be able to extract some/most CBd/CBNs from my indicas??[/quote]

I'm not sure of the temp, maybe somebody has a tool or two? What I am sure of is, indicas vape quite well. I combusted about a half of CHP (100%), so I'm familiar with the strains range. I've been running in through the RZ since I got it, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything at all. Same with smoking, too much and couchlock is easily reached.

Moms trick worked. After packing half a stem, taking the 3 or so hits, I've been leaving the stem in. After about 10-15 mins., I can get another 1-2 hits. Still pretty tasty. Fucking Amazing. By doing so, it does darken up a shade or two more than my pic on previous page. Not quite as dark as the HA, but as dark as I'd ever want it.

I put the HA for sale up to finance my RZ purchase. I wound up getting an offer to trade for a PD. Seeing as how I considered both, I couldn't pass up the chance to have one of each in hand. At best, I'll have a log vape for each vaping room. At worst, I'll sell it for another RZ!! Would there be any interest in another side by side comparison? I know it's been done and a touchy subject at times, but I thought I'd ask.

After more than a week of finding it's warm wood body in my hands, amazed by what it does, and that I once simply passed over this style of vape, I can't imagine what I did without it. The only way I can equate it, is it is a game changer (at least for us new to them). Much the same way that your very first bowl or one hitter brings back the fondest of memories, this evokes much of the same emotion. It just makes you happy. I batted the idea of one around for awhile, and was a little nervous at first, but now that I have experienced it, my only regret is not having one since the beginning.

Magic9,

SirElton

Magic9 said:
I can't imagine what I did without it.

You said it. I once thought the only vaporizer worth getting was the Volcano. $400+ is too much to spend so I figured smoke would be it for me. After a quick google search I found out how wrong I was. MFLB's, SSV's, and log vapes, oh my! Aromazap fit the bill perfectly and I took the plunge. After I perfected my draw, there was no going back for me. Log vapes are champions.

SirElton,

Rick

Zapman
Thanks to all for the fine conversation going on here. Looks like most questions are getting answered. These are very efficent little exractors. Now that is what I should say every time some supplier asks "what do you make anyway?"....."An extractor, actually a wooden extractor" They would probably do the same thing they do now when I say "aromatherapy diffuser"........."oh, yea, cool"...................
Been very very busy with a farm project the last day or two and more today. When the weather stays nice and clear and cold with frozen ground everywhere and no snow, new opportunities open for us. This time we jumped and everything is falling into place. Some big moves at Howling Hills Farm and we are very very thankful this project has gone so well.
Zapville is humming along also thanks to all the kind words and good reviews finding the way around the internet. Jesus, your order came through just fine as did a couple others. I have done the same thing with impatience on the numbers moving. Even with all digital and state of the art, it takes a few minutes or more to get the transactions recorded as they are supposed to be. I always look at the time stamp when I get impatient and find I am only minutes or seconds from the sale. Give it a little time and refresh the page and all is good.
All orders recieved over the last 2 days should ship tomorrow and could make it by Saturday. Normal mail delivery they will make Saturday. We will do our best and get them on the train out in 1-2 days.
Gotta go. Remind me if I missed something again.
My best test of vaping air temp is to run a nice sweet load through the Zap. Beats meters and infared and all that stuff. How does it work? And 1/2 to 3/4 tip full is all we do around here for many pulls.

Rick,
@magic- as long as you feel it extracts enough cannabinoids to feel a good body buzz, I'm happy. And I dont mean to be Out of line by asking this, but how does this stack up against the PD? And yes there is a lil interest in another comparison. You did say you have them both right??

$moe-money$,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Comparisons , in a review thread that is brand specific, may be unfair... as this is a thread full of Zap fans. ;)
Zaps run warmer, and they have a protective screen in that heatport.
I feel insecure placing my stem in a port that has no screen.
I prefer the feeling of confidence I get from a protected heatport (besides the thicker back to back hits)!

Vitolo,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
$moe-money$ said:
@magic- as long as you feel it extracts enough cannabinoids to feel a good body buzz, I'm happy. And I dont mean to be Out of line by asking this, but how does this stack up against the PD? And yes there is a lil interest in another comparison. You did say you have them both right??

I had a little concern too, as we lean towards the indica side. I've noticed very little body effect difference between this and smoking. This is a little more "functional" if that makes sense. I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Half a stem works well, but after 2 or 3, the couchlock wave comes if comfortable. It extracts so well, I have no regrets of getting rid of the HA. That's where the PD comes in. I got an offer to trade for it and couldn't pass up the chance to try the other one I considered. Like I said, I'll do a side by side thread if there is enough interest. If not, I'll pm you on Monday. I'll need at least that long for a fair comparison.

Rick said:
My best test of vaping air temp is to run a nice sweet load through the Zap. Beats meters and infared and all that stuff. How does it work? And 1/2 to 3/4 tip full is all we do around here for many pulls.

Thats one of the reasons I originally went with the HA. I NEEDED that adjustable temp. Turns out though, I don't give a shit what the temp is, as long as it does what the RZ does. Well done and thank you for taking this to the next level. I do believe I speak for all of us (as long as nobody minds) when I say that.

Magic9,

JESUSgotNAILED

Magic9 said:
Rick said:

Thats one of the reasons I originally went with the HA. I NEEDED that adjustable temp. Turns out though, I don't give a shit what the temp is, as long as it does what the RZ does. Well done and thank you for taking this to the next level. I do believe I speak for all of us (as long as nobody minds) when I say that.

You nailed my thoughts on temp adjustment. Even though my first vape won't have a way of adjusting the temp, I frankly did not care anymore after reading just a few reviews in this thread. It's obvious you don't need a temp. adjustment knob on these bad boys! From what I've read, RZ extracts nearly everything you want and leaves very very little (which is just fine, because I'm down to cook with some AVB in the future).

Magic9 said:
After more than a week of finding it's warm wood body in my hands, amazed by what it does, and that I once simply passed over this style of vape, I can't imagine what I did without it. The only way I can equate it, is it is a game changer (at least for us new to them). Much the same way that your very first bowl or one hitter brings back the fondest of memories, this evokes much of the same emotion. It just makes you happy. I batted the idea of one around for awhile, and was a little nervous at first, but now that I have experienced it, my only regret is not having one since the beginning.

Yet another post that adds to my already-full excitement meter. All of that just sounds so GREAT... I can't believe I disregarded log vapes when I first heard about them in forums.

Rick said:
Zapville is humming along also thanks to all the kind words and good reviews finding the way around the internet. Jesus, your order came through just fine as did a couple others. I have done the same thing with impatience on the numbers moving. Even with all digital and state of the art, it takes a few minutes or more to get the transactions recorded as they are supposed to be. I always look at the time stamp when I get impatient and find I am only minutes or seconds from the sale. Give it a little time and refresh the page and all is good.
All orders recieved over the last 2 days should ship tomorrow and could make it by Saturday. Normal mail delivery they will make Saturday. We will do our best and get them on the train out in 1-2 days.
Gotta go. Remind me if I missed something again.

You know it. And that is great to hear, thank you Rick I appreciate it.

One more question; are you saying the best way of finding out the vaping air temp is to run a load through the RZ? Seems like one heck of a prediction using just one's tongue :p Does anyone know a range, like say from 250 to 300 degrees depending on pull strength?

JESUSgotNAILED,
Magic9 said:
$moe-money$ said:

I had a little concern too, as we lean towards the indica side. I've noticed very little body effect difference between this and smoking. This is a little more "functional" if that makes sense. I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Half a stem works well, but after 2 or 3, the couchlock wave comes if comfortable. It extracts so well, I have no regrets of getting rid of the HA. That's where the PD comes in. I got an offer to trade for it and couldn't pass up the chance to try the other one I considered. Like I said, I'll do a side by side thread if there is enough interest. If not, I'll pm you on Monday. I'll need at least that long for a fair comparison.

Rick said:

Yea I know what you mean by functional. It s not too narcotic of a stone. My Buddha does pretty well with indicas, can't wait to try out my friends rz when it comes. And thanks vitolo for the pm, it gave me a much better opinion of this vape :)

$moe-money$,

Nycdeisel

its gotta be close to 380-ish if he can even tell you a precise temperature.
if you pull slower though you can get it a bit hotter.

Nycdeisel,
Nycdeisel said:

That's what I figured. Has anybody pulled slow enough to cause combustion or near combustion??

$moe-money$,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The units don't hit combustion level (420). You can pull as slow as you wish, but you wont exceed that temperature.

Vitolo,

JESUSgotNAILED

Nycdeisel said:

Sounds good.

Vitolo said:
The units don't hit combustion level (420). You can pull as slow as you wish, but you wont exceed that temperature.

And that sounds great! Thank you deez and Vito.

JESUSgotNAILED,

Rick

Zapman
My guess on temp is also in the same range as NYC, maybe 385 on some, maybe 375+ on a few. To actually test the temp of vaping air would be so difficult because of all the variables like voltage supplied in the electric grid, ambient air temp, type of wood used, ohm spec of the heater but in my experience the load/pull is the big variable. How dry, how packed, type, etc. Then comes the pull, how much pressure(negative pressure) do we put on the stem?
So the real test is the actual use by an experienced user. Any manufacturer will be the best tester of his or her product. We can all find just about any sweet spot if the units are operating correctly because we have so much intimate experience with what we make. But the second and most real test is what happens when the public gets the product. Does it make good vapor consistently or not?(assuming a fixed temp log vape). Is combustion possible with the product? Does it do the job safely?
Does that sound like a pitch? It sure as hell does. I'm not sorry about that. The vape air temperature question brought this up with me. The rush to find a vape that makes vapor one or two degrees below combustion, whatever that actually is, was bound to happen in the log vape world. I personally believe the line between vapor and smoke is more than a few degrees, or should be. That belief is reflected in the product we make. We strive for vapor below the 'high' vapor range of 390+. You cannot experience combustion with Aromazap running on the standard 12 volt transformer. The vapor produced is smooth and consistent. The wood is all beautiful, unique and almost all recycled. We are going into our 11th year making the same product only now it is refined and consistent and more respectful of the wood we use to add real 'art' with the word function.
The final bottom line is we deliver. If you see it, you can get it in days not weeks or months. We do this not just for the customer but for us. We have found our best sales over the years are from folks who try one with a friend who has one. If you have a good product, word of mouth is the best sales model. You must get them in peoples hands, especially these things.
Salesman hat now off.
Orders made in the last day or two will not arrive til Monday/Tuesday as we will not get to ship until tomorrow or Saturday. Another day away from Zapville yesterday caused by Mothers wonderful clear snow free day. Perfect timing as the snow is just starting so Zapville will be full speed ahead today.

Rick,

Gobrian

Trust me, this thing DELIVERS. Read my earlier posts asking for technique advice back when I just got it.
What I do now is fill the stem (NOT PACKING IT IN, because I like the airflow.If I pack it too tight and there is none, or if I'm filling it with kief, I use the milkshake technique. It's good really, I just prefer using my lungs since I can fill them faster using them to hit as opposed to the milkshake technique with my mouth). I can get 4-5 great rips with good weed.
Then I take the stuff out on my palm, crush it to a near powder with my fingers, suck it back in, and using the milkshake hit technique get 1-2-3 more rips.

The AVB ends up looking brown and I can tell all the THC has been fully extracted.

I LOVE this thing.

Gobrian,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm so happy to hear it Gobrian. I've always said that learning this vape can take a bit of patience, but once you've got it, you've got it. Honey, you've got it. :D

momofthegoons,

THCMuscle

Hey guys,

I hope this shows to any non-zap owners out there the true power of this mighty little device.

Here is about how much herb it takes to fill a stem (this is actually too much)
IMG_0133.jpg

This amount will give you many hits from a stem (10+), I normally only use 1/4-1/2 stems, a whole stem gets me extremely high, and I vape every day.
IMG_0136.jpg

This video is of the first hit off a stem, the following hits are larger....
\/\/ CLICK TO VIEW \/\/

I am really amazed how many thick hits I get off 1/2 a stem, and the herb comes out very green. I would normally be alarmed at how hardly-cooked it looks, but I get all the yummy hits I want!

THCMuscle,

JESUSgotNAILED

Sounds good Rick, thanks for the update on ship status. No harm in enjoying a snow-free day! Looks like I'll be enjoying it late next week if you're shipping tomorrow or Saturday :D:D

Awesome video and pics THC, what a pretty RZ. I'll have to see it to believe it regarding that itty bitty nug being all one can load in a stem! Question: you stated you can get 10+ hits off a full stem? I see mostly 3-5's from other reviewers and users... guess that is affected by how you pull/draw? And jesus you got a monster hit in the last video! That was a big momma, I assume a couple of those kill a stem?

And one more question besides those; does anyone here plug their RZ into a surge protector that has a PC plugged into it? If so, does it modify how much heat you get? I ask because the nearest free wall outlet is at a distance where the bunny that lives in my room with me would be able to mess with it while vaping.

JESUSgotNAILED,

Nycdeisel

Nice Videos, THC!

I've got one for you guys as well. my rockzap with my inline bubbler

^click image to watch

jesus, i can get multiple good hits like that off of a stem. I can usually get a few last hits at the end if i use just the stem(even the short one), and its usually needed for the ABV stuff to clear out neatly. leaving the last few hits can make it a bit harder to clear since its still sticky.

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom