Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Question: I got some herb on the inside of the bottom screen on my zap. How can I get it out? Its stuck to the screen...

Elluzion,

Nycdeisel

i would put the end of a small wet/dry vaccume against the heat port so suck the particles out without damaging the unit or the screen

Nycdeisel,

JESUSgotNAILED

Speaking of warm up times, I'm not sure if I will be able to keep my Rockzap plugged in 24/7. How does one know if their RZ is warmed up enough that it's ready for a session? Besides waiting a minimum of 45 minutes or so?

JESUSgotNAILED,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
JESUSgotNAILED said:
Speaking of warm up times, I'm not sure if I will be able to keep my Rockzap plugged in 24/7. How does one know if their RZ is warmed up enough that it's ready for a session? Besides waiting a minimum of 45 minutes or so?
Just multiply the circumference by pie, divide by the cylindrical height and take the square root of the coefficient of friction. Do this by using the enclosed warm-up-calculator plotting chart.
Simple! Let us know if you draw any conclusions or compromise.
:ko: just playin'.

Looking forward to a zap at some point but realizing that grind is the most important factor in quantity and quality of hits with my pd.

Edited to correct auto correct spelling!

Irie,

THCMuscle

JESUSgotNAILED said:

Though I have not actually timed my heat ups (which I should), my RZ seems to heat up to vapor temp in about 20 min. 30min would be an extremely conservative number. I have gotten decent hits at 15min as well. Around the 7min mark the core is uncomfortable to touch. Note: All my exerpiences with the RZ are at or above 65F room temperature.

As I stated in an earlier post, the heat up times published for the old AZ/MZ's do not apply to the current CRZ. They are significantly shorter.

THCMuscle,

kewpcer

@rick - Yeah, my 13.5vDC transformer from Jameco puts out more like 18v. KILLS the flavor. It's a good thing I have this handsome myrtle prototype (still a damned great vape) to get me through the return. I'll box the ceramic unit up and send it back your way this week.

kewpcer,

chib

Kush please
I've had my Rockzap for a couple weeks now,
And I noticed today that if I shake it, It sounds like there's something rattling around inside of my unit. Not the heating element, Like some grains of metal or something. It's not really a big deal, but was hoping someone may know what it is.

chib,

Rick

Zapman
chib
Are you sure it is not the heater tinging against the center tube? The only support for that heater is the two wires holding it in the tube. One wire goes along the side of the heater and against the tube. Shaking will produce a slight noise that may sound like metal on metal. Hard to hear it for many but it can happen and will not affect function in any way.
There are no 'grains of metal' in the heatport area as everything is welded solid. Perhaps a small piece of one of the two ceramic tiles have broken? There is no solder in the heater area. I assume it is working fine?
We are interested in finding any flaws that may appear in the CRZ for sure. It is a relatively new product so we are always on the hunt for bugs.
We would be glad to look at it if you are concerned.
Can you discern if the noise is coming from the top end or lower end of the unit? Have you tried blowing it out with compressed air? Blow through the top holes. Use an air compressor if available.

Rick,

THCMuscle

kewpcer said:
@rick - Yeah, my 13.5vDC transformer from Jameco puts out more like 18v. KILLS the flavor. It's a good thing I have this handsome myrtle prototype (still a damned great vape) to get me through the return. I'll box the ceramic unit up and send it back your way this week.

Did the 13.5v cause the RZ to combust herb? I am curious as to how an only slight increase in temperature (from 370F~ to something less than 420F) caused your wood to char and heater to become loose. I hope this doesnt happen to mine over years.

I can fully attest to the stealthyness of the RZ! I show people my "Oil diffuser", they think it looks cool and works well! These things can be easily hid in plain sight, no one will think otherwise.

THCMuscle,

chib

Kush please
Rick,

It's coming from the bottom of my zap, Not the top.
Kind of sounds like little rocks rolling around on the cardboard bottom.
Like I said, My unit is 100% fine and I'm having no issues with it, Was just wondering what those little rolling sounds could be. I don't have to exactly shake it, I can just move it back and forth and I can hear 2-3 little fragments rolling back and forth.

I'm almost tempted to take the leather bottom and cardboard to see what it actually is.

chib,

kewpcer

THCmuscle - No. There is no combustion, just some mild scorching. Although the increase in air temperature may be small, the increase in the temp of the heater core in order to heat the air up is significantly larger.

First some thermodynamics - If the core was 375F, then in order for it to heat air up to 375F, it would have to have a very long time in contact with the core. So the core is much hotter than 375F to warm up the air moving through it in a timely fashion. Vaporizers loosely follow the spirit of Newton's Law of Cooling, but forced air convection (how a zap works) is much more confounding and non-linear.

Second - Since there is a non-linear relationship between core heat and air heat, with the core having to increase >1 degree to heat the air exactly 1 degree, then any increase in air temperature must be caused by a corresponding, but greater increase in core temperature. Therefor, although the 13.5vdc may produce a 50-60 degree increase in air temps, it is doing so by increasing the core temp significantly more than that. Perhaps 100 degrees F or more.

This is what is leading to the scorching in the vape.

PS. I only used it with a water pipe, so I was pulling MUCH faster than one would normally.

kewpcer,

JESUSgotNAILED

THCMuscle said:
JESUSgotNAILED said:

Though I have not actually timed my heat ups (which I should), my RZ seems to heat up to vapor temp in about 20 min. 30min would be an extremely conservative number. I have gotten decent hits at 15min as well. Around the 7min mark the core is uncomfortable to touch. Note: All my exerpiences with the RZ are at or above 65F room temperature.

As I stated in an earlier post, the heat up times published for the old AZ/MZ's do not apply to the current CRZ. They are significantly shorter.

Thanks for answering. You have a new redwood model right? Hopefully my times are around the same, 20-30 minutes sounds great. Should be here Wednesday according to tracking :D

JESUSgotNAILED,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
So even though I'm happy with the temp, I'm always into new things. Any idea on how much hotter the 12v DC is in comparison? I know there is a ton of variables, so just looking more for like a rough estimate. All the new ones ship with it, just wondering if it is worth it for those of us with the AC plug.

10%? 15%? 20% hotter???

Magic9,

Rick

Zapman
Magic9, I would guess maybe 5%, possibly more but not much. This is still 12 volts. The difference to me is more of a 'yes' thing rather than a quantitative difference. Very hard to put into words. Lets get a few out there and get some objective feedback. I will say another vape maker did get with me after my DC transformer announcement and agreed they do run hotter on DC. With performance what it is with the AC transformer, a very small tweak will be alot.

Big news on the log vape front at this forum yesterday. A reminder about the serious nature of business. A reminder about words and integrity and competition in a serious market with very real customers.
A couple comments come to mind after seeing what happened on the PD thread.
First, on what was said on the PD thread.........No comment.
Second, I reminded myself I have been selling these CRZs with not a word on the current website about our guarantee. When we switched servers, we left the original website out for many reasons and just left the storefront up for all to see. So today I will be working on some words to define our limited lifetime warranty besides doing shop work. We will offer such a warranty and we will be here to live up to our commitments to our customers. This is our 11th year. I'd bet we have at least 11 more. Most importantly, we are building a product now that will be around for a long time. More later this afternoon on our warranty and some more beauties up on the website.

Rick,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Rick said:
Magic9, I would guess maybe 5%, possibly more but not much. This is still 12 volts. The difference to me is more of a 'yes' thing rather than a quantitative difference. Very hard to put into words. Lets get a few out there and get some objective feedback. I will say another vape maker did get with me after my DC transformer announcement and agreed they do run hotter on DC. With performance what it is with the AC transformer, a very small tweak will be alot.

Big news on the log vape front at this forum yesterday. A reminder about the serious nature of business. A reminder about words and integrity and competition in a serious market with very real customers.
A couple comments come to mind after seeing what happened on the PD thread.
First, on what was said on the PD thread.........No comment.
Second, I reminded myself I have been selling these CRZs with not a word on the current website about our guarantee. When we switched servers, we left the original website out for many reasons and just left the storefront up for all to see. So today I will be working on some words to define our limited lifetime warranty besides doing shop work. We will offer such a warranty and we will be here to live up to our commitments to our customers. This is our 11th year. I'd bet we have at least 11 more. Most importantly, we are building a product now that will be around for a long time. More later this afternoon on our warranty and some more beauties up on the website.

yeah, no matter the circumstances, abandoning existing warranties is flat-out unethical imo. glad to hear that you and zapville will be around for many years to come. that was always a concern for me when purchasing any log vape thats made either entirely by one person or primarily by one person, if they decide to bail or (god forbid) have sudden health issues, that could be it for future service, warranty or otherwise. that was the biggest appeal of the crz upgrade to me, not the improved insulation and heat retention or the variety of wood types it allowed for so much as just the added longevity. kinda alleviates some of those "single point of failure" warranty worries. this thing (crz) feels like it will be around longer than me.

steiner666,

treecityrnd

Only 24 hours with the new DC transformer...
Definitely a couple degrees hotter. I'd say Rick is right on with the 5% mark. But mathematically that might be too high. A 5% increase would put the unit running close to 400 - 410F? Don't think its quite there but close.

I'll try and get some more hard data this weekend when I have time. Sorry for the short review. I at least wanted everyone to know the DC is subjectively hotter than the AC transformer IMO.

Thanks Rick. I can't wait to post some pics of my newest beauty. She is more impressive than any picture can show.

Edit: Wow! After reading that PD thread (Ricks post got me curious), I'm so glad I made the choices I did. I'd be really upset if I owned one of those. Now I really am indebted to mom for life. Just tell me where to start sending the "vapor support" checks...

treecityrnd,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
:lol: Looking forward to review treecityrnd

Ezi said:
Will The zap's stems fit into a purple-days?

Have you asked Tom? Zing! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yes and no. The zaps stems are a little wider than the PDs so they do not fit inside completely. However, you can hold it to the heat port and it works okay. Be careful not to put it too far in as it feels like it could get stuck. So yes you can use them, no they don't "fit".

Magic9,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Edit: Wow! After reading that PD thread (Ricks post got me curious), I'm so glad I made the choices I did. I'd be really upset if I owned one of those. Now I really am indebted to mom for life. Just tell me where to start sending the "vapor support" checks...

:lol: tree, you really got me laughing with this one! I told you I wouldn't steer you wrong...

And I think you, of all people, can give testimony to Rick's customer service. I know he has helped you out a bunch. Rick takes this seriously; always has, always will. Steady Eddy. :D :2c:

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
Steady Eddy, now that is a good one. My dads name was Ed. You brought back some fond memories mom.
Yes, warranties do matter folks. Most of us stand behind our products and I know Tom did. I do think what happened in PD land was an exception to the norm around here in so many ways.
First off, the mods are doing fine, keeping some kind of order to a potential chaotic scene as forums can be. I think they are tolerant and respectful of all members of FC. I think their 'rules' and enforcement keep us all relevant and give consumers a very clear picture of what is available in the vape world, complete with lots of reviews and comments from consumers. I have much gratitude and appreciation for all FC members, lurkers and moderators. You all have helped us grow in a good direction. Thank you.
And lastly, the vast majority of us are reasonable people with reasonable expectations. We can take crap if it comes along and especially differing opinions and sales slumps. We will keep on going as long as we can. We are all trying to make a niche in a tough economy and a 'different' market. if something has to end for some reason for any of us, you will most likely see a very different exit from FC. A gracious one with extreme thanks for how FC has helped us all and continues to do so. Also you will see continued contact available for questions(and answers) to ease the change. I am not just speaking for us now because we do plan on continuing this gig for some long term 'duration'. I am speaking also for many. Most of us are different than what you saw across the street. It sure was an interesting movie, especially from our perspective. I do want to say "Thank you Tom", you surely have helped us in many ways, even if that was not your intention.

And with that, our CRZ warranty which will be posted on the CRZ page of our website. Sorry for the delay. It is a funny turtle train we have here but that is what adds to the fun.

Aromazap Limited Lifetime Warranty
What is lifetime?
We will repair or replace free of charge any Aromazap(Ceramic Insulated RockZap or CRZ) that fails to function properly for any reason for the life of the Zap. The customer pays the freight to Zapville. The life of the Zap means as long as you, the original owner, owns the Zap. We will also repair 2nd and 3rd owned units but will charge an additional fee if not the original owner.
What is Limited?
Limited is the wood, the transformer, vapor stems and misuse or abuse.
The transformer is warranted by Jameco for a year. Customers should go through Jameco if the transformer fails to perform within the year period. We do not warrant the transformer. The transformer disclaimer can be waived at our discretion.
We will replace or repair at our discretion the wood for cracks that affect the function in any way at no charge for a period of one year from the date of purchase. After a year we will replace the wood for a nominal charge for cracking or other deformities. Freight to us is on the customer.
We will replace vapor stems if the screen dislodges for a period of three months from date of purchase. If a continuous problem occurs, we reserve the right to charge for vapor stems replaced.
Misuse and/or abuse determination is at our discretion based on our observation of the unit.

We are always here via Email at zapman@aromazap.com to answer any questions of any kind and assist you in your purchase.

Rick,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
That is a great warranty right there ^ Can't complain with that one bit.
I think I'll have a celebratory stem from my ever faithful CRZ :) :peace:

psyshaman,
Top Bottom