Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
THCMuscle, thanks so much for the review of your sweet Redwood CRZ. Sorry we did not have a redwood stem to match. You learned the main trick right away. Do not pull hard. Pull slow and easy. It is like trying to force water through a kinked hose by turning up the faucet, it will not work. Turn the faucet down(reduce pull pressure) and you will get more through the restricted airflow by design Aromazap. The flow is restricted for a reason. If you were to pull too fast, the air would not be hot enough. Slow down and get more.........another key to life also. Slow down and smell the roses. Take time to smile alot for other people and watch it come back.
This will also be a good time to inform us all that the Blisssville thing is in the very early stages of whatever will happen. For now, Ariel has Zaps on her website to be sold in the US. Zaps are a different creature than MFLBs in that they will not be as easy to ship here and there. I believe her global arrangements involve shippers in each country to ease and speed delivery. Those shippers have to be stocked if that is to happen. We have not gone there yet but are talking about it. First we have to be sure they work for Ariel in the US. She is also a business person first in that a reasonable profit must be earned to keep the doors open for Zaps at Blisssville. Once we get the flow right, then we go to the next step. If all goes well, I would expect our big neighbor to the north would be our first serious global entry but first things first.
It is like learning to pull on a Zap. Slow and easy. Hell, my first shipment to her did not have any wood species identity for each unit. We were so excited to get the order out in decent time, we sent her a bunch of no identity Zaps. So there is tweaking to do on our end to make this happen right AND Blisssville has to feel good doing it before any real Zap train out of the US happens via Blisssville.
We also have a small brick and mortar presence in Portland, OR, our first in an actual retail shop. If that person wants to say something about it, I will leave any announcement up to him. Vito was the first re-seller with AZ in AZ but he ONLY talks to card carrying MMJ folks about Zaps.
It is happening. We are serious about getting our quality log vape out there and are prepared to produce quantities that will keep re-sellers happy. It just takes time and patience on everybodys part. A learning curve as they say. Those damn learning curves do keep us young, that's for sure.

Rick,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Albert Hofmann said:
Blissville is selling them now, and I think they'll ship just about anywhere. Get one, you will LOVE it.
What an excellent surprise, I love blisssville (and MF) for the LB I've bought there and the service they provided. If I wanted to buy from US again, blissvile would be 1st choice. I also want a PA, so I think I'll wait until they offer PA too, so I'll have to pay these huge custom taxes only once again. And now I'm short on money somewhat. Does anyone know if blisssvile is going to offer PAs? Or will they be MF sales only for a long time?

Seek,

THCMuscle

Stem after stem this thing does not stop amazing me. It gives suchs amazing hits back-to-back-to-back off such little herb it's rediculous! And my herb doesnt even come out dark! Its a very light brown. I have no desire to use my Solo or MFLB at home now that I have this thing.

THCMuscle,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I just purchased one of the older models the SSC and can't wait to try it! I have been hitting my MFLB only and never owned another vape but thought a log would help cure my anticipation for the VXC :) I will post up my impressions once it arrives!

Does anyone have any tips on using the oil dish? how much to put in/how long it will last?

Thanks!

Elluzion,

Gobrian

Chatoya1is still kicking. I have a friend who is a concert and will be buying one of his own as well!

However, quick question: I may have to relocate to FL from WA. Could I bring my zap in the luggage? (not carryon of course)...
My main concern is the stems but I probably wont bring those with me and just order new ones once I get there. If I bring the unit and the copper cup I can just say it's for oils.

How would I go about cleaning any potential thc on top of the core where the stem goes?

Gobrian,

Soulhunter

Oh, wait!
I can finaly get my hands on a zap? I have been wanting a log vape some time, and the zap was defenitly the one i want. The reason is that awsome aromatherapy flower it comes with. That looks realy nice. :)
I hope Blissville wil get the wood stems also. :)
Now i know what wil be my next vape, new portable got to wait haha :p

Soulhunter,

al bundy

Vaporist
THCMuscle said:
Stem after stem this thing does not stop amazing me. It gives suchs amazing hits back-to-back-to-back off such little herb it's rediculous! And my herb doesnt even come out dark! Its a very light brown. I have no desire to use my Solo or MFLB at home now that I have this thing.

Put the abv in the launch box or no2 and you" ll still get vapor from it.

al bundy,

THCMuscle

al bundy said:
THCMuscle said:

Put the abv in the launch box or no2 and you" ll still get vapor from it.

I know, I keep all of my ABV. I like that the RZ doesnt heavily brown it. The taste is fresh the whole time, never the burnt popcorn taste.

THCMuscle,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Gobrian said:
However, quick question: I may have to relocate to FL from WA. Could I bring my zap in the luggage? (not carryon of course)...
My main concern is the stems but I probably wont bring those with me and just order new ones once I get there. If I bring the unit and the copper cup I can just say it's for oils.

How would I go about cleaning any potential thc on top of the core where the stem goes?

I don't know that you have to buy new stems. I would just clean them really well and maybe send them via mail. Maybe put some pouporri in there, or coffee, too.

And as far as your Zap, I would think that using canned air to clean out the insides (while cold). Do this while the Zap is upside down. I don't think the heatport gets too dirty, but you could use some iso on a damp (not wet) Qtip, CAREFULLY, on the heatport area. Do not let any iso get into the heatport itself. And be real careful not to press too hard on the screen. Frankly, I don't know that cleaning the heatport is even necessary. You could pack your Zap together with the aroma cup and some essential oil.

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

I have taken a log vape on a plane before. it was totally clean like it should be, all i did was give it a good buzz butter coating and be sure to wipe the bottom(where bits of plant material sometimes like to stick) and i packed it in a checked bag very well so that it wont have any hard bumps. The stems can easily be cleaned so that you wont have to send them or buy new ones.

Nycdeisel,

Gobrian

Thanks for your responses. I don't know if I'll take the stems on the flight because I feel sketchy about that. I think I may just have a friend ship them to me along with my MFLB and grinders.

Gobrian,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I wanted to share an image with you, from one of the local Tucson patient's Zaps.
Stella owns "Plain Jane" a Black Locust RockZap.
DSC00414.jpg

Well as some of you may know, Black locust is not just iridescent, but it also fluoresces under a black light!
Here is Jane the Black locust RockZap captured under a blacklight!
BlacklightJane.jpg

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Damn Vito, This Stella chick beat me to it! that is a fine black locust zap ! the black light is awesome and i keep putting off getting one.

Nycdeisel,

steiner666

Serial vapist
momofthegoons said:
And as far as your Zap, I would think that using canned air to clean out the insides (while cold). Do this while the Zap is upside down. I don't think the heatport gets too dirty, but you could use some iso on a damp (not wet) Qtip, CAREFULLY, on the heatport area. Do not let any iso get into the heatport itself. And be real careful not to press too hard on the screen. Frankly, I don't know that cleaning the heatport is even necessary. You could pack your Zap together with the aroma cup and some essential oil.

If you do this I would be really careful which type of canned air you use. So many of them contain bitterant chemicals to keep ppl from huffing them. Working on computers i use a lot of air duster and some of them are so bad that you can taste it in the air even if you keep it at arms length away. These types of duster can even leave behind residue on the components sprayed because of the levels of added chemicals. I can easily see that utterly ruining the taste of a zap, for a while at least.

Definitely read the can and test it first, or better yet use compressed air from a generator if you know someone with one. I agree that its shouldnt be necessary to even do this though. if you see any residue in the heater port, yeah the iso qtip is a good way to get it off, just make sure the zap is cooled down some and hold it inverted.

steiner666,

Stella

Yes, that Stella chick now has Jane. If it helps, and it may not, she's my first vape and I think she's just super. I shall cherish her always.:)

Stella,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Welcome Stella!
I am glad you came. Stella took to vapor like a .... well.. a vaporist to a Zap! :lol:
I look forward to our next visit!

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Welcome to the forum and to Zapville Stella. Good to have you here. Your Zap is one trippy little gal. :D

edited to add: and steiner, thanks for the heads up on the canned air.

momofthegoons,

Stella

Vito, I took to vapor so easy because I had a great teacher. I think my next purchase will be an MFLB. It will take a couple months to save up, but one will be mine.

momofthegoons, a trippy vape for a trippy gal.....

Stella,

Rick

Zapman
Stella, welcome to Zapville. How lucky you are to experience Vito in person! he is a good teacher in many areas and is a supporter of several different vapes. That Black Locust is very special wood if you look at the grain closely. Thank you for coming on our thread.
steiner, thanks for that update on the canned air. I'm sure many of us were not aware of the 'additives'. Interesting how the 'controllers' try to always be sure we can not get 'high' on anything 'regular' we purchase. If we get high on it, they are supposed to get more money for it. If it is cheap and we get high on it, they make it sickening. I know, it is to protect the kids or so they say.
Just in case some of you were wondering about the size of our CRZs. We are doing them a bit smaller and soon will have some even smaller but here are a couple shots comparing some of the latest out of the shop to a PBR can. The PBR can is 4 3/4" tall and 2 1/2" wide.
Zap to the right with the redwood burl butterfly inlay is slightly under 4" tall x 2" wide.
12-11015.jpg

The ones on the end are closer to 4 1/4" tall.
12-11014.jpg

edit for THC, below:
The heatup time will vary from unit to unit based on wood density. Your Redwood is a low density wood so the center SS mass and the wood stabilize quickly. We like to let the 'whole' unit come to a stable temp, however long that takes. It should also be noted that when these heaters get hot, the ohm reading is 10%+ higher than when cold. More resistance equals more heat so a fully heated unit will run a few degrees hotter than one that just gets up to heat. That is why we recommend 24/7 on.
THC, so glad you are so happy with your new Zap. Thanks for sharing the nice pics too.

Rick,

THCMuscle

I figured while my Zap was warming up on this rainy day I'd take a few more photos of my BEAUTIFUL RockZap. Ever since I got this thing my MFLB and Solo have been unused.

Vitolo's wax/honey in cotton trick works so well I LOL'ed at my first few hits. If you put a decent little chunk in their you can easily get 25-35 hits. If you really wanted to load it up, Im sure 50 hits could be achieved. This thing really does have freight train performance. I am so pleased with this Vape. Worth every penny of the $200 I spent.

I'm a bit amazed at people who load multiple stems at a time, I find that simply 1/2 stem gets me where I want to go, and gives me the vapor experience I want. PHENOMENAL taste, better than any of my past vapes hands down.

I've also noticed my heatup time is in the 15-20min area. This was very surprising to me. Rick, perhaps you could measure the average heat up temp of these new heaters and post it? Seems like the old zap numbers I've heard of 30+ min certainly do not apply to the new RZ's?

My Droid-X next to my RZ
IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

THCMuscle,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Great stuff Rick... it keeps getting better!
THCMuscle... you got yourself a real beauty there!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

nice lineup ! that 'butterfly' is very cool!

youve got a beauty there, THC :)

Ninja'd by Vito of course :ninja:

Nycdeisel,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Rick said:
steiner, thanks for that update on the canned air. I'm sure many of us were not aware of the 'additives'. Interesting how the 'controllers' try to always be sure we can not get 'high' on anything 'regular' we purchase. If we get high on it, they are supposed to get more money for it. If it is cheap and we get high on it, they make it sickening. I know, it is to protect the kids or so they say.
lol yeah not only the high but the comically low-pitched voice that comes with it. If you ever want to see (or hear i guess) something funny, one person with canned air and one person with helium is great entertainment.

but in all seriousness, i suppose it is a bit of a quandary for the companies that make products that they know a certain % of ppl are going to abuse. while funny for the occasional voice alteration, ppl who habitually misuse products like this or many other store-bought product, ARE a sad, pathetic sight and a danger to society. I remember a kid i went to school with wrecked his car into a phone pole and died because he was huffing this shit. And while thats a doubly stupid thing to do, i heard the only reason he was doing it was because he couldnt get any herb. so in a way it was the illegality of a safe recreational alternative that killed him. In the end though, I'd say it was survival of the fittest (or the mildly intelligent) that did him in.

If ppl want to achieve an altered state of mind bad enough, no bitterant is going to stop them. It is just going to annoy those of us who have to properly use it on a daily basis. Seriously, even days after spraying out fans on a PC, you can still taste it in the air coming out the computers exhaust. If you spray it out with clean air next time you'll still taste it in the dust you blow out lol.

Rick said:

Those are some sexy zaps. I especially love the ones with that quited/rippled-satin sort of grain to them like that one to the right of the butterfly zap. But the burls are beautiful too.

@Vitolo - I really like that black locust, i never knew of the UV effects. I surely would have bought one by now if i had, lol.

steiner666,

Gobrian

steiner666 said:
momofthegoons said:

If you do this I would be really careful which type of canned air you use. So many of them contain bitterant chemicals to keep ppl from huffing them. Working on computers i use a lot of air duster and some of them are so bad that you can taste it in the air even if you keep it at arms length away. These types of duster can even leave behind residue on the components sprayed because of the levels of added chemicals. I can easily see that utterly ruining the taste of a zap, for a while at least.

Definitely read the can and test it first, or better yet use compressed air from a generator if you know someone with one. I agree that its shouldnt be necessary to even do this though. if you see any residue in the heater port, yeah the iso qtip is a good way to get it off, just make sure the zap is cooled down some and hold it inverted.

interesting that you mention this, and definitely something to consider...
perhaps I will just take a coffee straw and just blow in there myself

Gobrian,
Top Bottom