Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Nycdeisel

damn, my video is stuck at the end of the last page, i hope it doesnt get lost among this one.

im going to start counting how many i get from each stem and average it all out after several

Nycdeisel,

steiner666

Serial vapist
nice videos THC and NYC! i'll have to try to remember to count my hits one of these times too lol, easier said than done though! Maybe i'll just do a video and then replay the footage and count later on :lol:

i would say 5 is pretty close, 5 that you can feel and maybe a few thinner ones that you can just kinda see but you dont really feel in the lungs at all.

steiner666,

Gobrian

jesus, it really matters on the person
i'm a big guy (6'2") and i have been a long distance runner/huge bongripper for years, so when I fill up my lungs, I take a huge fing rip. I'm talking like by the time i'm done inhaling i'm woozy from lack of oxygen, and when I blow out, I sometimes almost passout/lose my balance (i have to stop doing that!)... I get 4-6 of those with good dank

Gobrian,

JESUSgotNAILED

Gobrian said:
jesus, it really matters on the person
i'm a big guy (6'2") and i have been a long distance runner/huge bongripper for years, so when I fill up my lungs, I take a huge fing rip. I'm talking like by the time i'm done inhaling i'm woozy from lack of oxygen, and when I blow out, I sometimes almost passout/lose my balance (i have to stop doing that!)... I get 4-6 of those with good dank

Wow. That sounds... real great, hehe. Guess I'll stop the questions and just wait and see for myself :p

JESUSgotNAILED,

max

Out to lunch
JESUSgotNAILED said:
you stated you can get 10+ hits off a full stem? I see mostly 3-5's from other reviewers and users... guess that is affected by how you pull/draw?
My advice is not to get hung up on the # of hits you get. There are too many variables. Gobrian's "huge" rips are an example. Someone else's smaller draws could easily double the #. There's also the consistency of the grind and the dryness of the herb to consider.

After almost two weeks with my new CRZ it's time to say that I'm very pleased with it. I love irregular grain patterns and a Poplar unit suited me just fine. It has a different look with every turn. It runs a little hotter than my PD, which also suits me, and isn't surprising since the specific gravity of Poplar is slightly lower than the Maple and Walnut I've been using. It's about 4 1/2" x 2 1/4" and I also like that slightly smaller size. I'm hooked on the longer glass stem for log vapes so I'm exclusively using either the glass or GonG stem. I really like the idea of the enclosed vapor path and the hits are full and satisfying. There's a lot to like and it's now my 'go to' log vape. It's really evolved from the original Aromazap and even the MZ. Congratulations Rick.

max,

Rick

Zapman
Thanks for the comments Max. The unit you picked was a bit larger than we are doing now. They are running 4 1/4" on the taller ones and down to 3 3/4" with diameter at 2"+. We will have some 3 1/2 and under soon. I put a 'mini' heatport in a little 'shroom piece yesterday and still have almost a half inch to play with. That one is 3 3/4" tall. The mini heatport is exactly the same as the regular but the outer sleeve is shortened, squeezing the bottom air space in the heatport. They seem to function just as well as the longer heatport.
The big story on function is a new transformer buy. We have used the Jameco 10081 forever. Output 12 volts, 1 amp AC. We are trying the same transformer only DC output. Same 12 volt, 1 amp(1000ma) output only direct current(DC). I do believe there is a difference in heat produced. I have asked the question several times regarding heat produced by AC vs DC with all other outputs the same. Never did get an answer that I can remember but it has always been nagging me as read something somewhere about the difference. Then it was clear two of our competitors were using DC transformers so I gave it a whirl. Buying 100 at a time as we do was a big risk because shipping them back would cost plenty. They are over 30% heavier than the old transformer. That's gotta be a good thing except for shipping. Our Zap packages will still stay under 2 pounds, a very good thing. Shipping transformers stand alone will increase in price but not Zap packages.
I think they run slightly hotter on DC. (Jameco 100870 is the new part number)
This AM I watched our grid go from 117 to 124, down to 121, then 120, then 119. 123 right now. Heat will vary noticeably with that much change. Our battery back-up for the PC and all has a digital volt read out of power at the plug.
Nice vid NYC, thanks much.

Rick,

JESUSgotNAILED

Are you saying that you recommend the 12 volt 1 amp DC transformer now over the old AC one? Pretty sure you are; does that mean future RZ's have a different transformer shipped with them? If so, will the DC ones appear in your website accessories and be available to order separately in time?

JESUSgotNAILED,

al bundy

Vaporist
I've used my Vapir power adapter with a rockzap
They put out 13 volts,it did work but I didn't want to risk messing up the zap.
Wasn't sure about the ac/dc thing.whats the difference?
Now I may have to get Another zap and experiment. ;)

al bundy,

Rick

Zapman
uhhhhhh, here we go again..........a change.....what do you do when you slip and discover something may work better after ten years of doing it the same old way? We have been through that many times this year after many years of treading water.
I did read somewhere long ago a comment related to the AC/DC question but for now it is just a hunch with no facts to back me up. I still read 12 volts one amp will make the same heat whether AC or DC but I only skimmed the surface on any research. I just went for it. One thing is for sure these DC trans are 1/3 heavier than the AC model and have a slightly higher wattage pull from the AC plug circuit(house circuit). I also noticed a vape air difference right away but I am a very subjective tester since I just unloaded a couple big boxes of them.
We will go with them for now. Any Zap shipped from today on will have the DC wall transformer unless a problem appears. They are the exact same output, 12 volts, 1000ma as the old.
I also think we have all been listening to the wrong dog bark on electric consumption. Most calculations I have seen and I have quoted are based on 12 volts into a 5 watt, 20 ohm resistor(the heater we all use). I say the proper electric draw for a log vape is the TRANSFORMER rating for watts. We are using the transformer to make 12 volts. The transformer is what pulls off the grid and we are running these trans close to their max output by pulling close to 800 of the available 1000 ma.
So, look at the transformer for electricity usage in the home.
Old Jameco 10081 AC shows 16.5 watts
Jameco DC 100870 we now use shows 18 watts.
I do remember I considered the change in the old days but the extra weight threw us in another price range for shipping as our old units were much heavier so we did not do it at the time.
We will have the new ones online but the best bet will probably be from Jameco.
And also, lets not get too excited about DC til we hear some objective input. Same with my wattage calculation which is about twice the watts we have thought log vapes use in past calculations.

Rick,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Wow. Just hit my new used StainlessSteelCore Myrtle Aromazap.

2 hits, and had the tastiest most enjoyful hits of my life. Also, the 2 week t-break really helped. I'm blastedd:p :peace:

I don't think I am going to want to use my MFLB anymore ha, maybe only for ABV.

Elluzion,

THCMuscle

Elluzion said:
Wow. Just hit my new used StainlessSteelCore Myrtle Aromazap.

2 hits, and had the tastiest most enjoyful hits of my life. Also, the 2 week t-break really helped. I'm blastedd:p :peace:

I don't think I am going to want to use my MFLB anymore ha, maybe only for ABV.

Word.

Aside from when I'm away from the house, my RZ is my #1 go to vape, my Solo and MFLB have been cleaned up and put away. And I only keep one stem out for the RZ!

THCMuscle,

Pcpvapors

Absolutely blown away with the CRZ, truly an incredible vaporizer and work of art! It fulfills all of my medical needs. Thank you Rick!

Pcpvapors,

kewpcer

My 13.5V has given every zap I have but the concrete model the rattles after sustained use. I'd only switch over to the higher voltage during your session, and go back to 12V after. Just my experience.

kewpcer,

treecityrnd

kewpcer said:
My 13.5V has given every zap I have but the concrete model the rattles after sustained use. I'd only switch over to the higher voltage during your session, and go back to 12V after. Just my experience.
Have you used the 13.5V on the CRZ? For sustained use? Any difference in temps?

treecityrnd,

kewpcer

Yes. For over a week at a time. Yes, it is very hot. Too hot for normal use. I was using it with water accessories. Yes, my CRZ rattles like marbles in a can now. It really burned it out. It's just not a good idea long-term. I knew it was a possibility, and rick consistently warns against it, but I did it anyway because I wanted to know, and it was a free beta test unit. Why not test the hell out of it?

@rick - Out of curiosity, how much will you charge me to reset the CRZ heater core into a new wood enclosure? Either way, it's a beta unit, and I'd be more than happy to ship it back to you on my dime if you want to examine it.

kewpcer,

THCMuscle

I've been using my RZ for aromatherapy quite a bit. I really like a lemon/peppermint mix. Eucalyptus is great, and I also just got some tangerine EO to try out.

I think many people may overlook the aromatherapy side of log vapes, but they shouldnt! It can add a lot of enjoyment to a session to toss some of your favorite EO's in the RZ. Not to mention for the 24/7 that you run these things, you might as well use them for something! Make your room smell amazing!

I must say though, the difference between the aroma flower and standard aroma cup is quite different! As you might presume, its due to heat. The tiny little cup on the aroma flower doesnt get nearly as hot as the aroma cup and due this its slower to diffuse, and its "aroma radius" is smaller. I really wish the aroma flower worked like the aroma cup because its so cool looking and really ties in nicely with the shape of my Zap.

I'd like to see the aroma cups come with some way of removing them without burning the shi*t out of my finger. I must hand it to Underdog for their loop & grabber design.

Rick, I can't wait to see some of the newer Zaps with smaller cores! I am so so so happy with my purchase. I want to start collecting zaps!

THCMuscle,

steiner666

Serial vapist
THCMuscle said:
I'd like to see the aroma cups come with some way of removing them without burning the shi*t out of my finger. I must hand it to Underdog for their loop & grabber design.

yeah i keep a pair of tweezers with my aroma cup and oils just for this purpose. i havent tried the aroma flower (they werent available when i tried getting one) but i can definitely attest to the aroma cup putting out some major aromas lol. i put a few drops of eucalyptus in and you can smell it all the way downstairs. I think i'd like an aromaflower better if it diffuses a little slower and less strongly

steiner666,

Rick

Zapman
kewpcer, I would love to take a look at your CRZ that has been roasted on 13.5 for an extended period. I would really like to see the wood and why it is rattling. Looks like we are finding a definite line not to cross. I am sure I can find another piece of wood that will take your internals.
I also think the desire for a 13.5 will diminish as the new 12 volt DC transformers work their way out into the Zap community. Looks like I will have to be more definitive regarding the higher voltage transformer use too. CRZs are designed to run on 12 volts. Pushing them up to 13.5(DC output BTW) is too much heat for the wood and also puts the heater way over limit. Do not do it. Buy a variable temp vape to take your vapor a degree or two below combustion. Use the CRZ for mid to upper heat range vaping. You will get PLENTY from it using the CRZ on 12 volts.
THC, thanks for the Aroma cup comments. Just happens that we are working on a new aroma flower design. Something simpler that does not pull so much heat away from the oil cup and would not take so much time to produce. Your comments and steiners on the subject will help keep the new flower design on track.
PCPvapors, so glad your CRZ is performing well for you. We have a special affinity for those who really need vapor for real medical reasons. Looking forward to giving your girl a peek and maybe a tweak.
BTW, these positive comments/reviews we are reading about the CRZ come from folks that are using the 12 volt AC adapters with the exception of kewpcer on a 13.5. I do think the DC adapters will take CRZs just a slight bit hotter. Still smooth and tasty but even more available heated air. Slightly more torque but the same horsepower.

twelve is swell
thirteen is mean
be nice to your Zap
it's much more than an app

edit for first post of page 263.
I think warm up time will remain the same, 1/2 to 3/4 hour or more. We like the heated stainless, ceramic heater, insulators and wood to stabilize before use but the CRZ will make vapor before that.

Rick,

Pcpvapors

With the 12v DC adapters running hotter than AC, has the warm up time changed at all? (not that we really unplug the unit anyway) but just out of curiosity.

Pcpvapors,
Top Bottom