Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Vitolo

Vaporist
Rick
If you are talking about my stem tips.. there was poor light, in there, but please look again more closely
Even the brass tips screens are immaculate! Anything you see in that image resmbling a blockage is a shadow of the retaining clip all the way on the other side of that screen!.
I have no complaint in the world about my Zap stems... they are all spotless! :)

Vitolo,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
USPS has decided I need another day to salivate. It's at a sort facility about 60 miles south of us. Bastards. Sorry, just needed to vent a little. I was hoping they would of delivered today in time for "Weed Wars" tonight.

Magic9,

Rick

Zapman
We sent six CRZs out Tuesday for a normal expected delivery of today. Only one of them made it out for delivery today and that was to a neighboring State, Oregon. The other five are close to destination and will hopefully make it tomorrow. We are in the Seasonal mail slow down apparently.
I love Endicia for shipping. Just checked all six in about one minute or less.
Once we turn them over to USPS...........that is all we can do.........those fuckers!!!

Rick,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Those Fuckers indeed Rick! Mine was scheduled for delivery today. Imagine my dismay when I opened up the mailbox, and all that was there was an electric bill. DAMN!!!

edit: the postman just knocked on my door, seems he missed my package earlier somehow, but here it is! WOW, this is one sexy lil' zap! Heating up now!!!

Albert Hofmann,

Rick

Zapman
Albert, if your location is correct here on FC, you were the only NW order of the six that went out Tuesday and it does say "out for delivery @9:05 this AM" for your package. Often this time of year in the bigger cities they run all the parcels in a separate truck so it may not be coming with your regular carrier. The day is still young on the west coast.
Call the PO with your tracking number maybe?

Rick,

peterloveslubey

Albert Hofmann said:
Just edited my previous post Rick. Thanx a bunch man, this thing is gorgeous!

can't wait for mine to get here tomorrow...I'll post some pictures when it comes in. Congrats brotha!

Does anyone use this for incense? Do you just shave the incense into the cup? I was thinking about using an incense cone.

peterloveslubey,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Quick update: so I've had my new rockzap for a few hours now, and had a few stems with it.

Initial impressions: it's smaller than I thought it would be, which is great. The smaller the better I say...... When it comes to my zap anyway. So far it seems to give a greater number of more consistent hits than my brass zap. My brass zap really fogs you out on the first and second pulls, but then they get pretty whispy after that. Seem to be getting around 5 or so pretty good hits from a stem with the CRZ before it stops givin' up vapor. The draw is much less restricted with the CRZ, ABV is definitely a bit darker with the old brass zap, but like I said, I've only had this thing for a few hours, maybe I need to switch up my technique a little bit or something to get it to toast it a little darker. What do you guys who have both the old and new style zaps think? I'll say this, the CRZ just looks and feels like a much more refined and perfected product than the old style zaps, the heat port area just looks alot cleaner and less homemade. Thanx for a great vape Rick! Now, I think I'll go spend some time practicing my draw technique.

Albert Hofmann,

Gunky

Try drawing a tad bit slower with the RZ. The tube is bigger than the brass ones so more air comes through. You want to bathe the load in lovely hot air to get a thick hit so go slightly slower.

Gunky,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Yeah, 2 stems later and I've got it figured out. ABV coming out a nice light tobacco color almost. Yup, right you are Gunky, slow and steady wins the race after all. Really liking it alot!

Albert Hofmann,

THCMuscle

For some reason my RZ processed through Alaska this morning :(. My USPS luck really sucks, my solo sent priority mail took 9days to get to me.

Guess I'll be enjoying it next week.

THCMuscle,

Rick

Zapman
THC
For what it is worth, your Zap is the only one out of six shipped that looks like it got mis-routed. How the fuck it ended up in Anchorage Alaska this morning is hard to figure. Best if we do not try. There is not a thing we can do about it as you know. I do believe we are in for sub=par USPS performance in the near future. Employees prepared to get hours and wages cut soon do not perform well. Plus very busy these days.
At least it is on the correct coast!
Most of the others are showing 'out for delivery' today.
Albert, glad to see you are adjusting to the CRZ flow. Or is that the crazy flow?

Rick,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Lovin' this new zap! Any chance you have the perfect piece of sumac for a matching wooden stem for me Rick? This wood is just beautiful! Sorry I haven't posted a picture yet, but I'm pretty much computer ignorant and don't own a digital camera other than the one on my phone. I'll try to get one up soon.

Albert Hofmann,

peterloveslubey

shipped from ID to PA...when the destination was Ohio...
the things USPS does blows my mind sometimes.

I'm hoping to get it before the end of the weekend now.

peterloveslubey,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Quick update: Mine has arrived and has been warming for a few hours. It's going to be a good, good night.
This thing is beautiful. Never really had an "arty" piece before, but I can see buying several more. All I have to do is convince the wife that we need one for every room lol. I will post pics and a review in a few days.

One thing I did notice when applying a little wax, was there is a small hairline crack. About an inch maybe inch and a half, and about as wide as a fingernail. I remember this happened some pages back, but can't find it now. It doesn't bother me since it is barely noticible. Just want to double check that it doesn't affect performance at all. See you guys soon!!

Magic9,

Nycdeisel

I had what seemed like scratch on mine but was actually a hairline crack and it recently got bigger and deeper, though there is no decrease in performance, mine however, was not sold as a top notch zap, i knew it had taken a tumble and has a couple dings in it but it didnt bother me at all and it doesnt bother me much now since its working just as well if not better then the day i got it. my favorite vaporizer by far and i just got a another kind of vaporizer haha

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You know what Magic9? I'm going to go out on a limb here (no pun intended :lol: ) and say that I don't think that it will get much bigger, if any bigger. I have an old model Zap that has a crack larger than that and it hasn't grown a bit in the two years that it has been on 24/7. It doesn't go from top to bottom, for one thing. I think of it as more of a groove.

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Magic9...
That looks like it was a natural flaw in the wood, rather than a new crack. I can see where it's depth changes.
I don't think that that line will change at all.
Very beautiful Zap, by the way.. I love the way it sort of flares open.. beautiful!

Vitolo,

THCMuscle

I'm with vit, I think that is natural, not a crack. Great looking RZ, I remember considering that one last week!

THCMuscle,

SD_haze

Quick question--
Is there any reason to use 91% iso over 99% for cleaning the polycarb stems?
Seems like 99 would evaporate even faster as a benefit

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
91% is just a lot more common around these parts. 99% would work fine if you can find it.

:2c:

Stu,

SD_haze

So I soaked the stems in iso for ~15 and ran em threw hot water, but i'm blowing with the compressed air and still see wetness on the inside of the polycarb tube.

is it necessary to get it 100% dry? if so how exactly does the compressed air cans accomplish that? im blowing every direction but doesnt seem to help

SD_haze,
Top Bottom