Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

reece

Rick said:
And remember, real Thanksgiving happens every day. It should anyway. Try it and see what happens. Fill your being with thankfulness every day.

Thank you Rick.

reece,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
I think I'm gonna sell my DBV and pull the trigger on a RockZap :brow: been looking to make a switch to log vapes for some more efficiency and less parts for condensation, but I was always put off by how people said they couldn't get it to reach higher temps very easily, but looks like that is no longer really a problem.

I love vaporizing through a bong and was wondering how easy it would be to do that with a Zap? Should I just stick the regular stem into my bong's downstem, or should I get that gong stem or what

Cheers :D

p.s easiest way to get one in Canada?

TwztedVaper,

peterloveslubey

Finally decided to get a rockzap!! First log style vape and I'm really excited.

I was wondering what the easiest way to know when a new model comes out is.
I had my eyes on the myrtle wood zaps from a few pages back but they are sold out. Is there any way to be notified when a new myrtle zap is ready so I can order it? I've got my credit card on my desk and refresh the aromazap website every morning in anticipation.

peterloveslubey,

caseball2051

TwztedElegance said:
I think I'm gonna sell my DBV and pull the trigger on a RockZap :brow: been looking to make a switch to log vapes for some more efficiency and less parts for condensation, but I was always put off by how people said they couldn't get it to reach higher temps very easily, but looks like that is no longer really a problem.

I love vaporizing through a bong and was wondering how easy it would be to do that with a Zap? Should I just stick the regular stem into my bong's downstem, or should I get that gong stem or what

Cheers :D

p.s easiest way to get one in Canada?

You can reach even higher temps if you cover it with a koozie or wool sock for a couple of minutes before your session. it raises the temp just slightly.

the stock stem will fit into a 14mm joint. I do it all the time. Its my favorite way to use my zap actually.

see my post below about how ive been using my big hitter vape with my MZ

caseball2051,

caseball2051

hey guys just checking in.

I think I was one of the first units to get the brass heater core to SSS conversion. (correct me if im wrong Rick)

My unit is still working wonderfully. Ive noticed that it runs slightly warmer than before, which is actually better for me anyway.

I started doing something different with my AVB lately. I have a main mason jar whcih holds all of my magickwand avb. I keep my MZ avb in a different container. Since my MZ has been my daily driver since having it back, Ive accumulated quite a bit of MZ avb in the smaller container.

I run my MZ ABV through my magickwand and can get one nice pull off of it. Its ideal for situations where a whole stem may be too much to use before doing wahtever Im doing. or if youre low on herb. After I pull it through my magickwand, it goes into the magickwand container for later use in some sort of edible creation.

caseball2051,

Rick

Zapman
peterloves
The Myrtle Burl you are referring to is very rare. We only have a few of those blocks and will be putting them out at random. I do not want to get into a 'notification' situation on those and other special grains because that is what everybody wants. We think it is fair the way we do it because it gives everybody the same chance at the real special ones.
I have replenished the website page with new units this morning. Some beautiful walnut, redwood and poplar Zaps with an oak thrown in.
Orders to Canada need to contact me via Email before ordering.

Rick,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I too am selling my vape (HA) to get a CRZ. Before I pull the trigger, just to verify, each wood runs about the same temp due to new design?

Magic9,

THCMuscle

Wow, all these new RZ's are so beautiful. I couldn't resist a redwood that came up this morning, thus my first RZ purchase! I'm very excited. These are truley a piece of art. I love how different each one is. Great work Rick.

Heres my new baby!

n24_redwood.jpg

THCMuscle,

peterloveslubey

long time lurker, decided to make an account on the forums after I ordered my brand new walnut rockzaaaaap. thank you rick! I'm beyond excited. I couldn't wait for the myrtle ones, and I think the walnut looks just as good (if not better).

n28_walnut.jpg

peterloveslubey,

THCMuscle

peterloveslubey said:
long time lurker, decided to make an account on the forums after I ordered my brand new walnut rockzaaaaap. thank you rick! I'm beyond excited. I couldn't wait for the myrtle ones, and I think the walnut looks just as good (if not better).

That was my second choice! Beautiful RZ there.

THCMuscle,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Both great choices, I'm sure both of you will love your new zaps!.... Welcome to the zap family!
As my vaporizer collection continues to grow my beloved zaps still see by far the most use in my household...
Keep it foggy folks! :peace:

psyshaman,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Order just placed for the N31 black locust. Will post a review a week or so after arrival. Until then, a few questions, that I know have been answered, but can't find them now.

1) All the woods are roughly the same temp w/ the new guts? If not, where does the black locust fall?

2) I almost remember someone saying that the new ones do not need to be waxed? They can be, but not a necessity?

3) Would it be possible for someone to post a pic of the ABV that comes out? Just so I can get a color reference. I've only ever used the HA, and from what I understand, that's about as brown as it gets.

I hate waiting, but I'm sure it will be worth it. I'm going to go sleep for a few days to help the time pass quicker lol.

Magic9,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Lots of new family members; welcome! :D

Magic9, I will try to answer your questions.

Wood can be a fickle thing. One piece of walnut (or locust) can run at a slightly different temp than another. Usually, they run pretty close to the same, but all wood can vary a degree or two. So, there is no guarantee that one piece of wood will run the same/hotter/cooler than another, even with the new insulation. There can still be a small variance.

The new CRZ's do not need polishing, but I find that the top still absorbs polish so I do it. That is the warmest part of the Zap and seems to need a little, IMO.

NYC posted a pic of her abv here that shows a good representation of the abv you can expect.

Happy vaping!

edited to add: And shit this wait isn't long. Just think how long you could be waiting if you bought a different vape.....

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
There are some beauties going up and there will be more every few days. Thanks to all for posting the pics of your choice. All US orders made to date WILL ARRIVE AT YOUR DOOR BEFORE THE WEEKS END. Pretty quick in my book. Needless to say, folks want that now days. If we offer it, it is 2-3 days or less from shipping. BTW, this Zapville train has 2-3 of us, more if needed, to get the job done. We are all hardworking, down to earth Northwest folks who are serious about our quality product and getting it delivered quickly. We do appreciate all the support.
I normally put two shots on the website of each unit. If you prefer a front on a Zap you purchase, either post it here or send me your choice as the rear plug hole does not get drilled until we sell the unit.
Wood densities do still play a minor role in the heated air output of the CRZs. We insulate the heatport which gives the wood in each unit a much better life. No charring of any kind that we have yet found. We have also found that once the center insulated mass comes up to a stablized temp, the wood shell will have a slight affect on hot air output. Some CRZs are Nitro and some are just dynamite. We are fine tuning the mass of wood around the center core, based on the different wood densities, to minimize the temp differences. Density will vary from piece to piece on the wood because we are using highly figured wood. The density charts you find out there are based on a regular straight grain piece of wood. We use very little of that type of wood. Our wood is UUUUUGGGLYYY in its native form. That is why it was scrapped and then picked up by the Master Scavenger who is now part of Zapville. It is all different and will also change with time. Wood does not like heat. We have minimized the wood effects of heat in the new CRZ but the wood will still leave its signature with each Zap. Bottom line, as always is we will do our best to be sure you are happy with your purchase.
And now for a treat. This softwood Hemlock Zap was purchased from us in 2002. It is still going strong. The customer who bought it is on the prowl for a new CRZ and may pop in on this thread.
2002Hemlock.jpg

Rick,

Nycdeisel

A square Zap! now thats something new![old!]

Nice explanation regarding wood density, i was just wondering about that when i was telling some friends on another site about the CRZ

Nycdeisel,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Wow the old square zap is a real beauty! You should make a vintage style Squarezap CRZ Rick as that one is still and always will be awesome!

psyshaman,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Thank you Mom. That covers my questions pretty well. You, Nyc and Vito played a big part in helping me with the decision to jump on the Zaptrain. So thanks guys and thanks to Rick too for being so quick to respond. I will be (un) patiently waiting lol. See you guys soon.

Magic9,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Here in Arizona, my friends are getting Zaps at an ever increasing rate.
These are patients that count on the RockZap for reliability.
Magic9... I can not emphasize enough the fact that you are in a good path! ;)

Vitolo,

Rick

Zapman
Peterloves, THCMuscle, Magic9 and a few others left Zapville today and should arrive Thursday. chib and another global order will ship tomorrow and arrive mid next week.(hope I am right chib as I only have 1 walnut not yet shipped). One Out on a Limb English walnut to Portland needs a heatport replaced(SS weld splatter interferes with stem fit) and will ship tomorrow. Orders last night(Monday) will ship Wednesday.
I'll be getting some new ones up on the website by tonight. Those two walnuts still there are very sweet. The innie(N27) is slightly shorter and narrower than normal and the outie is thinner than normal besides the extra shine it seems to have.
We will only be doing round CRZs, or more specifically turned on a lathe CRZs. Nostalgia is cool and is best kept as it is. Square Zaps had their day in the sun. It is really neat to see one still in good shape after 9 years. Western Hemlock soft wood even.
Thanks for the report Caseball. I have one customer who just Emailed me regarding a SS retrofit for her fairly new brass Zap. I will deal with those questions on a case by case basis but generally want to discourage retrofitting the brass Zaps to SS. I do have a handful of SS heatports with the smaller hole for brass stem tips that are available for that job in the right situation.

Rick,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
Hey all,
Anyone know of a different transformer which fits the electronic needs that may be a bit more resilient/robust?

I broke e standard jameco unit with a log vape with very gentle use.
Thanks!

Irie,

THCMuscle

Got a question for you zap-pro's:

I'm looking forward to the aromatherapy side of this thing as much as I am the vaporizer side. I typically burn a lot of incense, but fuck combustion right? I was curious what kind of essential/scented oils I should try out? Where might I purchase said oils? I've also been told that you can shave incense sticks off into the aroma cup and the effect is similar?

Either way, can't wait! Thanks again to Rick for phenomenal customer service. He's replyed to every email of mine in under 24hrs. Sometimes as short as 30min. I'm so happy I got the EXACT zap that I wanted. If anyone is lurking waiting for the perfect zap be patient, it will come!

THCMuscle,
Top Bottom