Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

steiner666

Serial vapist
man that last pic really shows how awesome the grain on that out on a limb zap is, congrats to whoever snagged that one.

and i can't wait to test out these new stems when they arrive with my new RZ later this week! The only thing i could see being any better than them is a GonG version of the tooty :brow: but they'll surely create a sturdier seal than the regular stems.

No camera atm, but hopefully i'll have one to use by the time my stuff shows up (hopefully wednesday).

steiner666,

SleepyHead

Ah yes finally, short SS stems. I'll probably also pickup a couple of these since I ALWAYS use my glass stem.

BTW for those of you who have purchased a RZ and want one of those little icons in the signature, (you know, that shows what vapes you have), just shoot me a message with a pic of your vape against a solid color surface (white preferably) and I'll make you one in a jiffy :)
It'll look similar to my Rosie rockzap in my sig.

SleepyHead,

dncrgrl

Professional Lurker
I've only had my Zap for about 8 months and I've been a little sad (and happy) seeing all the progress made in such a short time after I made my purchase. That's the nature of the game tho and I can't knock Rick's hustle and everything he's done in such a amount of time to take log vapes to the next level and his in particular to the top.
I absolutely LOVE my MZap, both as a diffuser and a vape- Its efficiency it to die for- with the Zap an eighth can last me 3 1/2 to 4 weeks! But I do often find myself wishing for a bit more heat. I have two separate ABV containers, the first being for the Zap's ABV; even rockin the coozie my herbs come out not as dark as I would like but it's all good b/c after I finish a few stems I just re-grind and load in my MFLB to finish it off.
I would never give up my Zap, but I have found myself searching and researching for a desktop vape with an adjustable temp, mainly for night time when I feel I need those bigger hits. From the sounds of it the RZ might just do that. And I think between a Zap upgrade and finally ordering the LB PA (I know I'm late lol) my vape collection will be complete, for a while anyway; that VXC has my mouth watering...
I'm diggin all the new Zap shapes and colors; now i'm just waiting for him to post one I can't live without so I can get in on all the hype and join the RockZap family!

dncrgrl,

SleepyHead

Vitolo said:
SleepyHead... That is a beautiful community minded gesture! :2c:

Thanks Vito, just trying to spread the love.

dncrgrl said:
I've only had my Zap for about 8 months and I've been a little sad (and happy) seeing all the progress made in such a short time after I made my purchase. That's the nature of the game tho and I can't knock Rick's hustle and everything he's done in such a amount of time to take log vapes to the next level and his in particular to the top.
I absolutely LOVE my MZap, both as a diffuser and a vape- Its efficiency it to die for- with the Zap an eighth can last me 3 1/2 to 4 weeks! But I do often find myself wishing for a bit more heat. I have two separate ABV containers, the first being for the Zap's ABV; even rockin the coozie my herbs come out not as dark as I would like but it's all good b/c after I finish a few stems I just re-grind and load in my MFLB to finish it off.
I would never give up my Zap, but I have found myself searching and researching for a desktop vape with an adjustable temp, mainly for night time when I feel I need those bigger hits. From the sounds of it the RZ might just do that. And I think between a Zap upgrade and finally ordering the LB PA (I know I'm late lol) my vape collection will be complete, for a while anyway; that VXC has my mouth watering...
I'm diggin all the new Zap shapes and colors; now i'm just waiting for him to post one I can't live without so I can get in on all the hype and join the RockZap family!

The Rockzaps are truly on a new level of vaporizers. But, incase you want some stronger hits with your MZ, try the following methods.

1. Upgrade from the 12v adapter to a 13.5v adapter, its put out by jameco and can be bought from their site but I also believe Rick has them for sale. The 13.5 gives bigger rips, and used it constantly with my MZ. You can always have the 12v plugged in, but a couple minutes before a session plug in the 13.5. When you're done, switch back to 12v.

2. Put a koozie around your zap. I never did this, but many others have and it seems to work. Just keeps the heat better in the zap.

EDIT: But, don't do both ;)

Hope that helps :)

SleepyHead,

SleepyHead

SleepyHead,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Those tapered stems look great Rick! Perfect for us glass addicts in the vapor community.
Will be sure to grab some of those off of you in the future as 99.9% of the time I use my zap with my glass.
My Toro micro and RZ1 have had a long love affair going since they first met... And I love getting them together for a foggy night in! :lol:

psyshaman,
so i've had Stumpy for a few days now...my best friend and i have completely fallen in love with it! seems like a part of the family now. here is a pic of the beauty. i failed to order some ZaPolish though, so i'm going to have to get some to keep it in tip-top shape though. i think i would be devastated if the top started cracking from heat!
CIMG6056.jpg

vagranttrees,
wow that is soo sweet. But I think all the new zaps don't need polish for some time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

biojuggernaut,

Vitolo

Vaporist
These new RZ's use Walnut oil and Carnuba oil, applied at high speed, and the heat from friction sets it in hard.
(No.. not a genius, I asked Rick!)

Vitolo,

steiner666

Serial vapist
biojuggernaut said:
wow that is soo sweet. But I think all the new zaps don't need polish for some time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've actually wondered if the out on a limb/stumpy sort of zaps would require, or at least benefit, from a more frequent waxing than the totally smooth zaps do these days. The main reason i wonder this is because its been mentioned that the new polishing is put on largely through friction, and i'm assuming that you wouldnt be able to apply as much friction on the bark in these models, at least not if you want to keep the bark on there. So im speculating it might not be polished on the lathe as much as the top smooth part, and the bottom might drink up some of the zapolish more than the average RZ. either way, i like putting the stuff on to be safe as much as i do because the lemon stuff smells so great, and normally i hate lemon scented stuff (like cleaners and spray polishes)

But the main news of the day: Got my EHLE 250ml with EHLE downstem from another member today and i've been hitting the zap through it all day, absolutely LOVE it. I haven't owned a piece of glass for over a year so the last time i used glass with a vape i only had the 7th floor models. using a direct inhale vape like this with glass is much more convenient than using a whip style vape, i can definitely say that.

I like using the zap with a small tube like this, its a perfect pair! The SSS zap milks the tube fast, and actually works best if i hit it at a medium-high speed, and i can easily milk and clear it in one breath (something i couldnt do with my last massive bong) with a few seconds of solid vapor flow in between. needless to say, its smooth as hell. i cant even feel the vapor going in, and i no longer get any dry mouth/tongue/throat effect from vaping a stem. I used to have to have a bottle of water or something to take a sip of after just about every hit, but didnt even think about a drink until after 2 stems lol.

the thought of getting stems that will make the experience of using the zap with my tube even better makes my brain explode with happy giggles :lol: :o

steiner666,

Vitolo

Vaporist
nr-cole said:
I think this is the one you want:

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_308099_-1

From what I understand you do not want to leave it plugged in to that all the time. Strictly for when you're using it.
I am not sure....
I will happily stand corrected .. as I have not tried 13.5 yet, but I do SO much want to know this for a trial with my "Ravin"(older brass zap)
I believe the part is naot "Acto DSC" as the one sighted... but one twice as costly.... classified AC/AC..
Jameco 13.5 AC/AC Transformer
I am hoping Rick will clear this one up for us shortly!

Vitolo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Hi all.

I have received 2 (of the 4) zaps I have purchased in the last week and am sorry there are no pics or updates.

I have yet to use them as I was out of town. I am going to test the first (and maybe the second) tonight.

I will then await the other two (which should be here wednesday) before posting pics.

I think I need to post pics of the entire family together.

stay tuned.

the ob,

Ennui Cookout

Man, I had been debating a more traditional log vape for a while and had been thinking of grabbing a MyrtleZap for about a year now. By the time I saw the Rock Zaps posted, I had already missed out on some really great designs -- but I knew I was going to get one as soon as I saw one I liked appear. I just snagged Elmira which had the sort of curvier grip I was hoping to score. I'm really looking forward to trying this one out! :D

Ennui Cookout,

//////

took my first hit from the new baby

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

i have only ever used a mflb, so i didn't know what to expect. and i thought i had built up a good tolerance... hah!
~in luv~

THANKS RICK

//////,

steiner666

Serial vapist
////// said:
took my first hit from the new baby

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

i have only ever used a mflb, so i didn't know what to expect. and i thought i had built up a good tolerance... hah!
~in luv~

THANKS RICK

oh man, i can imagine hitting a RZ for the first time after only having used a LB :lol: im willing to bet you were caught off guard by a huge hit right off the bat. I can visualize the look of surprise as you fight to hold it in, eyes huge, lungs about to burst. it always took a bit to get the LBs going good, but like i said earlier, these RZs vape stuff off fast as hell.

Congrats on the excellent purchase, "you have taken your first step into a larger world"
obi-wan-kenobi-luke-skywalker.jpg

... or maybe just a much larger cloud?

steiner666,

Cerpintaxtt

Errl and Vapor
Saw the Hamlet one on the site, a beautiful piece! Treecity you are luuuuuucky! Still debating on if I should get a wood vape to keep on my nightstand. I love my ssv, but I really dig the aesthetics, feel and everything of the wooden vapes. Are there any threads dedicated as to why these are more efficient than other vapes? The rockzap is the main one I am interested in. It seems to be the best to me, Rick really knows his stuff and has been making these things for a loooong time.

Cerpintaxtt,

Rick

Zapman
Love that Stumpy Vagrantrees. Thanks for the pic that relates the size and the comments. Zaplady loved that Zap and pouted a little when you snagged it.
Real quickie here. GonG stems up later on the site. I am running into a bug related to the website presentation. It will be fixed by later today.
Also more varied treats later in the afternoon/evening.
Thanks to all who contribute to this thread. We really appreciate the thorough and thoughtful comments by everyone.
Ennui, thanks for making the snag. We expect to get it to you by the end of the week.

Rick,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
This thread rocks!
You rock Rick and team!
I am one of the many who purchased a log vape over the past few months and I am kicking myself now that the superior product in what appears every aspect has so soon been created in the same vain.

Bummed about my purchase timing, though excited that it's all happening with or without me for the moment.
Looking forward to a time when I can add another one or two vapes to a meager collection of two.

Peace and love.

Irie,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
Vitolo, zen thought brother. Always appreciate a reminder for the moment.
May you have Irie Eyes.

Irie,
Top Bottom