Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Rick said:
First time in ten years I have ordered pre-cut screens, another labor saver. I will have enough 1/4 screens for all the log vape makers and Ed if anyone is interested.

You know I am interested!!! Cant wait to see your exotics!!! I have been hoping I would see some ever since I met ya! Look forward to it!

Ed's TnT,

collegerower

There is so much going on it's crazy. Exotics, referbing old units, and of course new zaps now with more options than ever! Just amazing to see happen in such a short period of time.

All this talk of no rattling has made my old baby feel like a maraca every time I pick her up. I am looking forward to sending her back to her birthplace for a little refurb.

collegerower,

Rick

Zapman
kewpcer
A dodo bird? I do not follow but then I am as slow as molasses in January.
As I said at one time, the 7 or so RockZap1 customers are special. We will get a very good performing, latest edition RockZap in your hands if the RockZap1 is not performing as it should.
I also do not get "seal our units". Could that be related to that super hot top SS trim ring on those models? Looks pretty but makes for alot of hot SS to burn yourself on. Or maybe it is that special piece of very porous Myrtle you sent?
ob, thanks for the compliment. We are saving a small amount of Ricks labor and getting higher quality punched screens for stems is all. Henry Ford was infinite worlds apart from me because he made jobs for people to buy his product. We maybe make a job or two at most besides our own. Just could not help it. I could not even tie Henry Fords shoes. Hell, I don't even make as many jobs as you do in your business.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I think what kewpcer was referring to is that the RockZap1 betas are now extinct, compared to the newest innovations in the Zap....? A thing of the past?

I also have faith in Rick and his desire to have a safe vape that performs well (and to his customer's standards). It is not blind faith. It is built on the trust of the friendship that has grown over the year+ that I've known him. I know his character now. And his character is solid. Using a term we use around my house; he is a stand up guy. I could go on and on about how he has over scrutinized materials, etc. that he uses to assure safety, but I think the above says it all.

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
ok, then how about the Henry Ford of vaporizers? :)

I was obsessed with Ford when I was a kid.

the ob,

reece

momofthegoons said:
I also have faith in Rick and his desire to have a safe vape that performs well (and to his customer's standards). It is not blind faith. It is built on the trust of the friendship that has grown over the year+ that I've known him. I know his character now. And his character is solid. Using a term we use around my house; he is a stand up guy. I could go on and on about how he has over scrutinized materials, etc. that he uses to assure safety, but I think the above says it all.

I almost completely agree. I would say it isn't faith at all. It isn't faith because you, like myself, have actually witnessed Rick's character in action time and time again. I'm not talking about what he says or does here on FC where everyone can see. The way he continues to treat me as a customer and even more so as a fellow human being is proof, actual evidence as opposed to faith, that he is truly "a stand up guy."

reece,

collegerower

reece said:
The way he continues to treat me as a customer and even more so as a fellow human being is proof, actual evidence as opposed to faith, that he is truly "a stand up guy."

I couldn't agree more with this statement. Well said reece.

collegerower,

kewpcer

@rick Yeah I just meant, us RZ1 owners have a revolutionary design that was almost immediately revolutionized. It was a comment on the speed of your design evolution, not feeling jipped. You'll never get this RZ1 back from me. It's the best vape I've got. :D

As for the sealing comment, you're correct. I mean a ring to close the top off so I can quit grilling my fingers, hehe.

kewpcer,

the ob

all good in the hood.
reece said:
momofthegoons said:

I almost completely agree. I would say it isn't faith at all. It isn't faith because you, like myself, have actually witnessed Rick's character in action time and time again. I'm not talking about what he says or does here on FC where everyone can see. The way he continues to treat me as a customer and even more so as a fellow human being is proof, actual evidence as opposed to faith, that he is truly "a stand up guy."

this was very well said.

RIck is going to hate all this gushing all over him though! :) Too bad, we love ya.

good think he does not have the ability to moderate and delete our posts.

the ob,

Nycdeisel

another shot of my new zap :brow:
DSC044092.jpg

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well, good morning NYC! This is a nice pic. Nice to see all this Zap love from you. :)

I've got to assume it's giving you some lovely hits....?

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

Of course! this ones running reeeal hot, hits great every time! I am enjoying it thoroughly. :tup:

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: Well, that's what I'm talking about!

I'll be waiting anxiously today for the mail. My new beta unit is on it's way and supposed to be here today! Damn mail doesn't come until late afternoon, so my review wont be until, at the earliest, tomorrow. I want to give this beta overnight to warm up and get to true temp before putting it through it's "tests" and reporting. But you gotta know; every time I get one of these babies, I'm like a noob. I rip the package open and plug it in as soon as I can. The minute it shows warmth, I want to hit it! Very, very hard to be patient. :lol:

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

haha I know how that is. When I started using mine it was getting hotter and hotter the more I used it .

Beta testing sounds exciting! Im sure you will have a lot of fun and still do your work portion on reporting back with a review(after it has been thoroughly tested :cool:) :lol:

Its sometimes a bit hot/harsh on my throat too, but its probably just because I have been ripping away so hard at it.

I too am waiting on something in the mail, something I suppose could be used with the Zap... :haw:

Nycdeisel,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Wooo hoooo....sounds like glass to me.... :lol:

Have you tried your new Zap with any of your glass yet? I had an opportunity to do that lately and I've got to tell you, it hits hard! I never even felt it coming. It had been forever since I had used a bong. I had forgotten how much fun they are! When I was sent a beta WPA for the LB, I had to break down and get one. Now, I've found I love using it with the Zap too.

Now to get over to Walmart for some Simple Green.....

momofthegoons,

treecityrnd

Nycdeisel said:
Of course! this ones running reeeal hot, hits great every time! I am enjoying it thoroughly. :tup:
Beautiful pics NYC. When you say "running hot", do you mean at the point of vaporization or the unit itself (i.e., hot in your hand)...or both? I'm new to logs, pretty sure I've decided on the MZ because of the impressive rate of progress and the reportedly amazing customer service, only to be reinforced by the manufacturers constant presence on FC and passion for the vape world.

Thanks to all for any help in my new log adventure.

And hello Mr. Rick...I am treecity. Just another vape lover and admirer :)

@Turkey: boxers and a stem. Nice.

treecityrnd,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well, we know who's having a good morning around here! :lol:

treecity, while not trying to speak for NYC, I think what she might be referring to is that these Zaps run hotter than the old ones and that hotter air can be a little harsher. If you are used to taking big draws off your log vape, it can come as a surprise how much of a hit you get from these new Zaps. I think modifying your draw helps a lot.

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

Mom is right. but to answer you specifically it feels pretty damn hot on the outside and def hits hotter then my other logs.

it is some glass ;) something real nice, I will be sure to try it with the zap when it comes! i have gotten a bit bored hitting what I have here, took only a few hits through the bong when it got too hot for my throat to handle.

SimpleGreen[SG] works well, but if you clean glass regularly then some Grunge Off is a must! it works in the same manner that SG does, its reusable and all that. it just works quite a bit faster.

So, mom, what type of glass piece do you have?

Nycdeisel,

kewpcer

I always just used 91% rubbing alcohol. I warm it up and put table salt in it for the nasty stuff. Does Simple Green work better than that? Does it leave that piney mint smell that SG has behind?

I got my binger out and cleaned it to get with the vibe on the thread this morning. You wanna see a vapor rip? Bing a RockZap1 with a 13.5V hooked to it :ko:

kewpcer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
NYC, nothing fancy. One just like Vito's. Although I admire all the beautiful glass you have, it just isn't practical (or in the budget) for me. I have to keep things on the down low, for the most part. So, this little piece is perfect for me.

I'm a bit a a neat freak when it comes to glass. I figured SG would be a cheap solution to the glass cleaning problem. Can't you also reuse it? I'm a noob with the glass thing.....back in the oldcombustion days (I'm talking 40 years ago), we didn't clean the glass like you do now. it just got real gross. Now, Im fastidious with my glass stems, etc., and want to keep this bong sparkling. I've read, somewhere here, that SG is cheaper than using ISO. Obviously, I need guidance! :lol:

OMG kewpcer, the 13.5 with the RockZap1? I would think that would be waayyyy too hot.

momofthegoons,

kewpcer

It's hot, but it doesn't combust. I really use it mostly for the bong. My RZ runs almost perfect as is, but the 13.5v lets you increase your draw a bit more to accommodate the glass.

kewpcer,

Rick

Zapman
TerrorT
Nice walnut Zap there and some real nice clouds. Thanks for posting the video. Good way to start the day.
You glass lovers are going to love the new RockZap. Way smaller and lighter than traditional logs so they will sit on those fucking tubes and downtubes and uptubes much easier and with less side stress on the glass since they are lighter. The SS stem fits very nice and easy in the heatport too. And they will also make bigger clouds.
The plan is(see, I have covered my ass in case......) my analysis of these will be confirmed by the end of the week and we will put them up on the website at that time. We have 5 more Betas going out today for a Friday arrival. RumbleShorts should get one today(he returned his RockZap1) along with mom. Rumble should be a good test since he tried so hard with his RockZap1.
I'll get a pic up a little later with the new heatports and some more RockZaps.
NYC, nothing like a hot CherryZap, eh? Glad it is performing well for you. You will find the outside temp of the traditional log will vary throughout the day, mainly because the electric grid varies by a few volts every day. Ours will be between 118 and 124 volts at any time of the day.
treecity, thanks for stopping by. You will be seeing some real innovation here in our little nook of the log vape world. We think our latest version of the RockZap is a keeper, providing excellent, safe performance while protecting the beautiful wood from the intense heat of the internal heater assembly. The wood will be happier. It is always good to keep your wood happy.
ob, yer on. Right on. Thanks for your stuff here.
Back later...................

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
NYC, nothing fancy. One just like Vito's. Although I admire all the beautiful glass you have, it just isn't practical (or in the budget) for me. I have to keep things on the down low, for the most part. So, this little piece is perfect for me.

I'm a bit a a neat freak when it comes to glass. I figured SG would be a cheap solution to the glass cleaning problem. Can't you also reuse it? I'm a noob with the glass thing.....back in the oldcombustion days (I'm talking 40 years ago), we didn't clean the glass like you do now. it just got real gross. Now, Im fastidious with my glass stems, etc., and want to keep this bong sparkling. I've read, somewhere here, that SG is cheaper than using ISO. Obviously, I need guidance! :lol:

OMG kewpcer, the 13.5 with the RockZap1? I would think that would be waayyyy too hot.

the olden day method.
rubbing alcohol, salt and popcorn kernels. Swish. I miss that sort of.

mom, which is the piece you and vito own? I am sure it was posted somewhere. just too lazy to look :)

the ob,
Top Bottom