Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

the ob

all good in the hood.
received my zap today. it is a beauty. I am dealing with a family funeral service this weekend, so I hope to post pics, but it might not be till monday.

One thing I would like to say about stem packing. I actually find contrary to popular belief, that I get better pulls by grinding the material not as fine as others (pepper) I like the pieces to be a little bigger and I prefer more air to get through. That is my preference, and does not seem to be general consensus.

I hope to post some pics of my little (walnut) beauty soon. She has a cute little beauty mark on her. Actually it looks like a little dimple. :)

the ob,

SirElton

Just a quick Zap update~

I've had Moaning Myrtle plugged in for 64 hours with two socks cozying her up as well. I've just taken off the socks and gave her a deep polishing. I was a little put off at first but since its been warming, and thanks to you guys' great advice, I'm in love with this thing. She's putting out some very nice vapor, and the aroma flower is aces. I'm leaving the socks off and letting her breathe now. I don't dare cover up that shine ;)

I'm so impressed with Moaning Myrtle, I'd like to start thinking about another Zap for the future. Cherry and Walnut look beautiful, but is there a way to use a different kind of wood ie Maple?

Thanks yall. Have a good night.

SirElton,

kewpcer

And I just deliberately kicked my order back in line by at least a week... :/

It will be worth it.
It will be worth it.
It WILL be worth it!

kewpcer,

RumbleShorts

kewpcer said:
And I just deliberately kicked my order back in line by at least a week... :/

It will be worth it.
It will be worth it.
It WILL be worth it!

Kewpcer,
You know I have to ask..... how come? Do you have some inside information you wanna share? Considering we're in the same boat I sure would like to know :)

RumbleShorts,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
ob, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

The herb isn't ground like regular pepper, rather like coarse ground. There are little "pieces." If it was like regular pepper, it would be a perfect grind for the LB; too fine for the Zap. But maybe your grind is bigger than that?

So..... ob, you liking your new Zap? :D I think the stainless is leaps and bounds above the brass heat port in performance. Can't say too much more right now....
except, SirElton there is a chance that in the future any type wood could be used. But there is much more testing that needs to be done so this is not something that will happen soon.... (sorry Rick, couldn't resist...)

Meanwhile, I feel this new stainless runs hot! I've been getting several thick hits in a row. The hits are much denser than the hits from the Zap. This is probably most noticeable to those who own the original models. My abv usually looks like steiner's. ob, I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.

momofthegoons,

SirElton

Thanks mom. I have no intention of getting another Zap for a long while yet since Moaning Myrtle is awesome. I'll be getting a DBV next, but its nice to know Rick is there to accommodate us. :)

SirElton,

Rick

Zapman
Vitolo will be starting a small, personalized one on one vapor experience with Aromazap in Arizona. He has been helping other medical patients get to know vapor in general by showing different techniques and different vapes, how they work and the most effective use of each vape. He is very particular about how any of this happens. Card please or we do not talk and you do not get the show or get to buy anything.
Vito will be offering an AZ MMJ package direct to AZ MMJ patients at a reduced price. They will be available direct from him. We expect the first shipment of a handful or so to leave Zapville for AZ in AZ by the end of this week. If anyone has any questions about this small fork in the Zap tracks, contact Vitolo. Thanks so much Vito for spreading your goodwill to fellow AZ MMJ patients and all the people who get to experience you in the virtual world too.

kewpcer has took a different leap with his own order of a custom block of Myrtlewood due to arrive at Zapville this week. It is a real beauty. We anticipate the denseness and dryness of the piece will equal the beauty. Time will tell.
mom, I see you just could not resist a hint about our long term goal of being able to use just about any wood to make a Zap. We are working on a project that will possibly make wood density irrelevant for log vape construction, at least in Zapville.
We do have more testing and product research to do for confirmation we are on the right track but the main job has been completed and mom has one for Beta testing.
Has one? One what? One SSSRockZap or should we call it RockZapSSS? RockZap stays as this is a Zap with a rock around the new SSS heatport. A baked concrete liner/cup that totally encloses the heatport from the top down, including the bottom where wood has always been exposed.
Zero exposed wood at the bottom of the heatport. Zero charring. No rattle or loosness of any kind ever. They should last forever, wood-wise, as the wood is shielded from the intense direct heat output of the heatport by the concrete cup.
The RockZap mom has is a piece of Myrtle Burl that is extremely low density and soft but very pretty. I mentioned the wood a few months back but have never made a Zap from it til now because a standard heatport install would cause the wood to char in very short order. It would make nice hot vape air but would be 'worn out', wood-wise in a few months.
So what is this all about Rick? It is about two main Zap products. The versatile and effective standard AromazapSSS with a solid stainless steel heatport made from traditional log vape density wood. Cherry, Myrtle, Walnut and possibly more woods to come. The daily driver at the current log vape price point. Then there will be the RockZap at a higher price point, not known yet. These vapes will be made from the very top shelf woods that will blow us out of the water. Currently we are trying it with softer wood but in theory this thing should also cook in denser wood.
There is still much trial and error and fabrication techniques to work out before we can offer them for sale. All Zaps will use the EXACT same heatport. I would expect a month or more before it all comes together. We are convinced it works very well and is safe to use.
The word is now out because we are not good at keeping secrets, especially when they seem to work so well. I vaped for several days from a SSS heatport in a concrete cup. No wood. Then we put it in the very soft Myrtle and it did just the same. Myrtle wood warm to hold but less warmth than a standard Zap.
So that is why mom can comment on the new heatport. We also found smoother pulls besides darker ABV. I was vaping my tip contents to vapor it seems. Just keep pulling. The ABV seemed to disappear but then that was after much testing and I was spinning.
We will always do the standard Zap without the concrete liner and we expect it to be our main product as always. The RockZap will be at the exotic end of the market, not for everyone. That is the plan anyway.
Here is a peek.
005.jpg

I'll be glad to answer any questions about our current and planned products.
mom, feel free to show a pic if you desire. We still have to figure out a top trim of some kind around the concrete liner and other minor details.

Elton, so happy you are getting the flow. It IS more than just a vapor flow that happens with Zaps.
ob, family funerals are never fun but part of life. Hope you have a good day today.
I have not realized until today......Redwood burl? Cedar?..........endless possibilities..................

Edit for:
We are now a full sponsor of FC. Thanks for the opportunity VTAC and sorry it took us so long to hook up that way. Thank you Vito for the nice banner you did for us on the sponsor page. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/sponsors/ I will soon come up with an FC discount code that will be shown at the sponsor page banner.
Thank you FC

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Sorry Rick... :lol: I couldn't help myself. It's such an exciting thing.

I will post pics and a full review later. When I say a full review, that means I still need to do a little "reviewing." I've been so busy in the week that I've had her that I haven't had a chance to do side by sides with the other vapes I have. This will happen in the next day or so since things have slowed down in my life (finally). I will say this though, and no pun intended, this thing ROCKS!

And Rick, I sort of liked Ricky's RockZap... :D

momofthegoons,
I need a rock zap in Redwood. I can't begin to imagine how beautiful it'll look. OR an all stone vape; I could finally start vaping with my clumsy ass friends again!

biojuggernaut,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow Rick you are making some ground breaking changes there at Zapville, I am glad to see all the new upgrades and am really excited for you. Is the rock just a ceramic sleeve so to speak with a bottom? That will definitely be a great heat shield. Redwood Burl is a beauty, 5A lace burl will make gorgeous Zaps I am sure. You are only limited now by what is available, I cant wait to see whats around the bend for you!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well bio.... hang in there. This will take some time. I probably opened a can of worms even mentioning it. But it means big things for Zapville!

momofthegoons,

lwien

Just gotta say, it's really nice to see someone trying to make improvements on an already great design.

From my perspective, I wouldn't want my log vape to be any warmer than it currently is because it is already operating in the upper temp ranges and I have no issues with the heat retention when getting multiple hits, but I can see, however, that for those whose vapes may be running in the lower ranges, this would be a welcome change.

But, all things being equal, if we could totally eliminated the tendency for these types of vapes to internally char thereby causing a loose fitting heat exchanger, THAT would be a major plus, but I think we need some time under our belts to prove that this is, in fact, the case. If we could also eliminate the Achilles heels of these types of vapes (and it is a small Achilles heel that affects all log-type vapes) which is the stress point at the plug end of the vape, we will then have made something REALLY better than it already was.

Hats off to ya Rick. Well done..................

lwien,

kewpcer

And in less than an hour the rock heatport finds a truther... The transformer connection isn't a weak point of the vape design, but the transformers. Use the kit... or... Put an inch and a half of shrink tubing over the plug/wire junction. Problem solved. No revolution required.

Rick you have in such a short time turned log vapes upside down. This is a leap of ingenuity sir. I'm tempted to wait even longer now, as that stick of wood deserves to be all the zap it can be (x2)!!!

kewpcer,

the ob

all good in the hood.
just a quick check in.

The rockzap idea looks amazing. I am pleased that rick is on a very interesting path of intense innovation. It is always good to push the envelope, both for the customers and for yourself. It keeps one interested in the business they are doing.

I had a chance to sit down last night with dimples (what I am calling her) She is a beauty. I definitely noticed her running hotter than my previous models. A little more heft to her as well. That could also be the walnut I received. It feels good as I can tell it is a dense piece of wood. super solid. The pulls were stronger, yet somehow smoother as well. Except for the first one. That one took me by surprise a little bit>

I noticed a couple of other small things as well. First the tootie tip does not fit quite as snug as the previous ones which I think is a good thing for a couple of reasons. When I say not as snug what I mean is that the other heat ports fit the tips almost perfectly. The new one has a little tiny bit of give. I found sometimes with the older models once you used them a bit it would be a little sticky going in. The new ones slip in more easily. The other cool thing about this is that as you move the stem in and out there is a really cool sound that the two metal pieces make while rubbing against each other. I cannot quite place the sound right now but it swear I am going to come up with a name for it. It sounds like you are fitting together two pieces of a object that are just supposed to be together.

Overall performance is what I expected. An improvement over the previous models but one that gives you the same things you loved about the old ones.

Lastly, I received a tootie with a carb. I prefer the non-carb version. With the non-carb, you can use it one handed, not so with the carb. I love the new size of the tootie however. I have many different ones and I think this size was perfect.

looking forward to the rockzaps. I wonder, will they be much heavier? I actually love the idea of exotic woods and also, just a rockzap in its native form could be cool. Next you could experiment with material other than rock and wood. Perhaps a Goldzap? Platinumzap? Leatherzap? Minkzap? Denimzap? Who knows? Possibilities are endless........

the ob,

lwien

kewpcer said:
And in less than an hour the rock heatport finds a truther......

The transformer connection isn't a weak point of the vape design, but the transformers.

The transformers? From everything that I have read, the transformers are pretty much bullet proof.

Not quite sure what you mean by the term, "truther".

the ob said:
I am pleased that rick is on a very interesting path of intense innovation. It is always good to push the envelope, both for the customers and for yourself. It keeps one interested in the business they are doing.

Totally agree.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
lwien, I think what kewcper is trying to say is that it isn't the vape itself that is the problem. It's the plug and wires going in that are, which are a part of the transformer.

ob, I'm surprised you don't like the carb. I've used it one handed.... although I did have Rick get me one custom, with the hole on the other side. Maybe that's why it works one handed.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
Thanks for the comments lwein. Time is always the true test of these sorts of things for sure. Our many years of experience making Zaps has infused the simplicity of the design into our being. We have just tweaked it a bit a couple directions. The use of SS has been proven to be a superior metal in heatport/heat exchanger design. The heat holding superiority of SS is a key to warmer vaping air. We also believe a machined one piece assembly is the best way to go, especially considering what we can do with the internal design in a machine shop. The concrete cup just happened as part of the SSS design and would not be possible without the SSS heatport. Cured concrete it turns out is an excellent 'insulator' for our heatport.
Ed, this is not ceramic. That would be a different ball game, cost-wise and design I imagine. We have assured ourselves that our slowly cured and baked to a very high temp concrete is safe to use in this application. If one looks closely, you can see the only concrete surface that is exposed to 300+ degree F vaping air is about the size of a quarter, the very bottom of the cup(vaping air is not to full heat at that stage) That is the area that exposes wood in the traditional and current log vape design. I am not sure about the TT on this one.
You sure are spinning out some very nice tubes these days Ed. I have heard through the grapevine you are always working on new tube designs. Good for you to keep that mind active and creative along with those busy hands. We wish you well in everything you do and always look forward to whatever is new from EdsTnT.
mom, there you went and did it again! Yes, I did send the authorization from the Zapville depot as I did last night with Vito on AZ in AZ. What the hell, let it all hang out. At least we are done with the new design announcements. Now we need to get some meat.
Off to breakfast of hand rubbed dry cured bacon just out of the smoker two days ago and our own eggs and potatoes. I even had bacon for desert the other night! Mui bueno stuff but never enuff.

Rick,

lwien

momofthegoons said:
lwien, I think what kewcper is trying to say is that it isn't the vape itself that is the problem. It's the plug and wires going in that are, which are a part of the transformer.

Ah, gottcha, but from my perspective, ANYTHING that is packaged and fundamentally required for the operation of a vape is as much of an integral design of the vape as the vaporizer itself. For all practical purposes, it's one in the same, so whatever advancements can be made, be it the vaporizer body, or the peripheral stuff that makes it work would be a welcomed change. This weak point that I am referring to plagues ALL of the log type vapes and while it is possible for the end user to jury rig something to make it better, in my mind, it would be better if this was addressed at time of manufacture.

Personally, I don't wrap my plug with electrical tape because it makes it look kind of funky. I just take great care as to not put any undo stress on that connection, but it would be nice not to have to worry about it, and the ONLY reason that I brought it up in my post above is that it is just one of the very few design improvements, along with what Rick is involved with here, that could be a real world improvement.

Rick said:
The use of SS has been proven to be a superior metal in heatport/heat exchanger design. The heat holding superiority of SS is a key to warmer vaping air.

Would this concept also apply to the stem tips (bowls) as well?

lwien,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Rick this has been a very great few weeks in Zapazona.
Patients here are taking to the idea of vaporization, and the "Vapor Shows' are fun for all.
Your surprises just keep on coming. I can think of a dozen exotics I would love a Zap made in!
How about a "Driftwood Zap" for the beach bum in all of us!
(I say this from the desert far from water!)

Thanks for letting Zapville know about tha Arizona Medical MJ work.
Yep... Rick is 100% on target.
To walk into my home past the hallway there is one BIG rule.
You must be a cardholding patient. I meet patients through an insanely active forum called Arizona Cannabis Society. Within this website for MMJ patients, is a closed area that can be accessed only by submitting and having verified your state credentials. Anyone in there is a valid patient.
My process continues... As they join the thread "Seeking The Vapor Trail".. and they then correspond with me through PM.. where I learn of their age, attitude, maturity level, and pain.
As our trust level increases, We exchange phone calls and if we feel that a trip to Uncle Vito's to see the Zap show will be right for both that patient and for me, we move forward!
By the time someone is here in my home, we understand one another.
They realize that their acquisition of the AZ/AZ Medical Kit is a unique, and very special situation that is only available to them based on their cardholding status, and on an individual basis.
Anyway... have a glorious day all, and Rick- Thanks again
In the vernacular of the more youthful faction among us....
Vape on!

Vitolo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I have heard of it, but never had a issue with the connection. I try (sort of) to keep it straight, but have not yet had any issue.

Now I probably jinxed it and will have one break :)

I too do not wrap it. I figure if I ever had a issue, I could get the repair kit.

the ob,

reece

Wow, wow, and wow.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I'm very busy with school; writing, directing, and editing a movie (max 10 minutes); crewing on other student productions; and trying to secure an internship for the Fall. In January it will be time for me to get back out into the real world and find work (9 years as stay-at-home dad without a jobby job).

RockZap? As I was reading my second thought (after OOOH WEEEE!) was, I'm going to miss the warmth when holding the Zap. Then I read a little farther and I'll take less warmth over no warmth.

Great, awesome, incredible news Rick. The Zapville express keeps on rollin'.

Hey Mom, Lwien, Ed, Ob, everybody.

Take it easy

reece,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Mom.

Could you be so kind to compare the performance of the brass zap vs sss zap vs rock zap vs vt. Also are the stems interchangeable. Also If you had to pick only one, Which would it be?

chucku,
Top Bottom