Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Nycdeisel

SSS does magical things :cool: :lol:

I cant wait for mine! Thanks rick for helping me out with my order!

Nycdeisel,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
nw love for sure :)

The two going out to seattle.. mine and aero's im going to have to assume. :D

Just a shout out to Rick for being so interactive with his customers and providing quality products. Keep doing what you're doing-hats off to you. :cool:

HighSti,

Greenmagic

Just got my first myrtlezap, with the new stainless steel heat exchanger:D. First impressions are very good; it tastes good and makes me feel awesome. Feel a good buzz from a small amount so far, and suspect this will also be saving me a lot of money. Still need to perfect how to get huge hits. Will be updating as I get more experience with the new myrtlezap :). Now time to go enjoy some video games while enjoying this vapor:)

Greenmagic,

collegerower

I always enjoy seeing what the next shipment of Myrtle looks like. There are so many different styles, it's fun to watch!

Look forward to seeing what is coming up!

collegerower,

stinkbud

collegerower said:
I always enjoy seeing what the next shipment of Myrtle looks like. There are so many different styles, it's fun to watch!

Look forward to seeing what is coming up!

Me too, as I am pretty sure mine is going out tomorrow :D

stinkbud,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I think mine may be out tomorrow as well. That would mean a saturday delivery.

cant wait to see my new baby.

the ob,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Greenmagic said:
Just got my first myrtlezap, with the new stainless steel heat exchanger:D. First impressions are very good; it tastes good and makes me feel awesome. Feel a good buzz from a small amount so far, and suspect this will also be saving me a lot of money. Still need to perfect how to get huge hits. Will be updating as I get more experience with the new myrtlezap :). Now time to go enjoy some video games while enjoying this vapor:)

there is a learning curve.

be sure to ask questions as necessary.

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
Greenmagic
I like your screen name. Thanks for taking the SSS Zap leap and posting on our thread. Keep that Myrtle plugged in 24/7 for best results. And remember good log vape use is a skill. It takes some learning and practice to get the stem tip pack and pull down for maximum efficiency.

We do not use kiln dried wood here in Zapville. The wood we use is air dried for several years. The Myrtle also comes from the coast of Oregon so has been in a very humid climate. It is not 'dry as a bone' as kiln dried would be and some of our past wood scores have been. It will become 'dry as a bone' in short order when left on 24/7, as will all log vapes. These vapes have a metal central core of a specified mass(weight) with the electric heater right in the middle of it all. The center heat core acts as a mini kiln and will pump any extra moisture out from the middle of the wood in short order. This process can take from a few hours to a few days, depending on the wood. Zaps will reach their optimum temperature after this process is complete. Our walnut and Cherry are very dry and are at maximum efficiency very quickly.
My Myrtle guy says he will be looking for some even older wood for dryness besides the color and figuring in this next batch coming soon. When wood is air dried and comes from the coast of Oregon, it will always have some extra moisture. The beauty of the wood is the trade-off. I am anticipating all of our new Myrtle will be at least as figured and colored as what we saw this last Monday, probably more so.

BTW, 'green' wood(recently cut tree) would never work for a log vape. Within the first few hours of operation it would crack beyond repair from the wood drying too fast.

ob, you are correct in your guess about your Zap getting on the shipping train today, as is stinkbuds and other orders. This week is bringing back memories of several years ago in Zapville when the depot seemed like we lived in a big city. It has always been here in the boonies of North Idaho but on occasion it gets to rumbling a bit.

Here is a re-post of Mondays shipment.
012.jpg

Rick,

Greenmagic

I have been sucking even slower now, and that seems to be giving me bigger and better hits. I also put a clean sock around it for now until any minuscule moisture in the wood is dried out. The first and second hits often even make me cough, which makes it much more satisfying for me.

BTW I love the wood of my unit; I got the one on the bottom right on the photo Rick posted 3 days ago, which was the one I was hoping to get. Also so glad that Rick offered me and a few other people who ordered just before the new version the option to upgrade for free.

Greenmagic,

kewpcer

It seems that the first 2 hits are the best with the higher heat units. I'd say it performs a more efficient extraction and gets all the goods out faster on those long pulls. When I'm using the higher power transformer to mitigate for our amazing 99V of wall voltage (a thousand college kids running 2 window units each non stop in the space of 6 blocks) I take shorter pulls and still blow fog like a machine.

BTW Rick, I've narrowed down on that as the problem. At night when it cools down, my AC gets colder and my Zap gets almost hot to the touch. Which makes sense as all of the ACs start getting turned off around that time. We're dealing with some crazy power flux around here.

kewpcer,

SirElton

Just received my Zap in the mail! Unboxed her and now she's plugged in. I got the one on the bottom left in the pic Rick posted a little while ago, and I can tell you that the pic doesn't do this thing justice at all. She's a beauty; I can't imagine how nice it'll look after a healthy dose of Zapolish.

SirElton,

RumbleShorts

kewpcer said:
Ahhh you guys are killing me!

I'm in the same boat kewpcer! If Rick is working on orders from 8/3 I still have a few days until he gets to my order on the 8th. Maybe my log will be part of the "new" myrtle batch.

Really getting anxious counting the days.

Told my pops about the new purchase, and he's excited as well. I think we may have a new vape convert on the way.

It's funny that even after almost 40 years a father & son can still get excited about the same things. Feel like a 9 yr old telling him about the MZ.

RumbleShorts,

kewpcer

I ordered on the 8th too. He said ours would be going out the first of next week. I think he said he's going to have to stretch the standard order to ship time a few days.

No biggie. A few more days for what seems to be the first "Pro-grade" log is a nobrainer. I've still got my RoHS Walnutter til then.

Is it bad that first thing I want to 13.5v the SSS and bong rip it? Kinda like how Scotty likes to break the engines in at Warp 9. :D

kewpcer,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Greenmagic said:
I have been sucking even slower now, and that seems to be giving me bigger and better hits. I also put a clean sock around it for now until any minuscule moisture in the wood is dried out. The first and second hits often even make me cough, which makes it much more satisfying for me.

BTW I love the wood of my unit; I got the one on the bottom right on the photo Rick posted 3 days ago, which was the one I was hoping to get. Also so glad that Rick offered me and a few other people who ordered just before the new version the option to upgrade for free.

You love the wood of your unit?

sorry I could not help myself. yes, I have the humor of a twelve year old..........

BTW, the grind makes a big difference. you should do some research on that subject. there is a ton of info on here about that.

the ob,

SirElton

I've been sitting back and enjoying some very nice vapor for the last hour. I found loading the stem properly to be the biggest issue. I know this comes with experience and trust me when I say I'll get experience :) I'm sure once it breaks in and I figure out loading it, it will work even better.

SirElton,

kewpcer

I don't know if this is factual, but it was kind of an intuition move for me to polish it once and be done for the first week. Seemed like slathering the polish to it would seal it up tight so the moisture couldn't cook out as well.

I love how in the picture up there the lil zappers are leaning this way and that, hehe, just like mine. That's Rick... never sacrifice greatness for cold perfection.

I'd just like to say that my Zap is right up there with my Nashville made Les Paul and Fender Princeton Reverb amp for satisfying goods that bring a pleasure to their use that cold effectiveness alone can't match. My evening rituals seems to require at periodic points the warmth of my Zap in my left hand. Vito is right, the Zap changes your whole sacrament lifestyle. Just to know that Rick or the Zap lady stared at my unit until they found just the right spot for the front so my grain looks like a painting of a creepy cave at night with a black moon. I know it seems like we're heaping praise on you here, but you deserve it. You make an honest and fine product, you're never satisfied with where things are, and you put tangible love into every Zap you turn.

Thank you sir.

kewpcer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ah, Greenmagic, you got the one I thought was so pretty. Good for you! Both you and SirElton keep working on your grind and stem pack. That's a huge part of getting a good draw. The herb should also be fairly dry, IMO. It's like riding a bike; all of a sudden you've got it! ;)

The rest of you guys hang in there. A couple of days is hardly any wait at all. :)

momofthegoons,

steiner666

Serial vapist
102_0684.jpg

102_0689.jpg

102_0685.jpg

Waxed her up real good and took a few more pics today. To whoever was asking about how often/much to apply, i usually do mine once a week at least. I just rub some on with my fingers and spread it around really good and leave any excess on for a while so it can be absorbed by the hot wood, then maybe i'll wipe it off by hand a couple hours later if theres anything left on it. I use a qtip to get a little bit spread on the edge of the wood down in the heaterport hole as well.

I definitely love the zap polish a lot better than other stuff, its soo much easier to spread, even when not heated.

steiner666,

EtherLeak

LearningToFly
So amping for my Zapp to arrive! Currently breaking in a Purple Days a friend was kind enough to lend me as I sat on the vaporizer fence...Looking forward to some NICE hits with the new toy!!! :D

EtherLeak,

SirElton

How long does a MZ take to "break in"? I've got a cozy wrapped around it and am leaving it on 24/7. The ABV is pretty light mixed in with some green so I know there's more there to get once the MZ gets into its groove.

SirElton,

Rick

Zapman
Elton
Have you adjusted your technique at all? Stem tip pack is perhaps too tight? We barely pack our stems. Suck the medium/course ground mixture into the tip and push over the end with your finger. As soon as you pull hot air through the load, it will 'seal' a bit and stay in the tip.
We have been getting light brown ABV from the new heatports that will even get darker if you keep pulling.
As has been mentioned often, we always pull good vapor from each unit before it leaves here. We have had many years experience so it becomes automatic without much thought and instructions, especially to new users. I am sure that is another area needing improvement at Zapville, better instructions.
Bottom line is if a Zap does not work properly, we will fix it or replace it or refund your money. We for sure will need to confirm something is wrong with the unit if that is the case.
Using a log vape efficiently takes some practice and learning. Not like a piano though.
One key is if you are not happy with the results, change your technique slightly. Just a little. Do not keep trying the same thing if the results are not good. We actually put our first Eterra away for a few days and almost gave up on it because I could not get it to work right at first. That was in 2001.
Perseverance furthers.
kewpcer
That block looks similar to many that have gone through Zapville. I would question the dryness though. Very pretty and on the light side. It will actually make about 8 Zaps if it can all be used.
Working on all 8/5 orders and possibly an 8/6 to ship Saturday. We will see how the day goes.

Rick,
Top Bottom