Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

MG23

Relaxin'
SirElton said:
How long does a MZ take to "break in"? I've got a cozy wrapped around it and am leaving it on 24/7. The ABV is pretty light mixed in with some green so I know there's more there to get once the MZ gets into its groove.

I would also suggest grinding quite a bit more finely than you currently are and see if you prefer the results. The only reason I don't use a 4 piece grinder myself is that to get the fineness of grind I find to be optimum for my log (and most of my other vapes) I would need to hold the grinder upside down.

MG23,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I would have to agree with MattyG. I always hold my grinder upside down for herb used in my Zaps or LB. I have a feeling that the grind (an perhaps the pack) is the problem here too. I haven't found there to be any green left in my abv with the SSS; more tan to dark brown. Try grinding a bit finer, and try hitting the stem before putting into the heat port. You should be able to get a real good draw through the stem. If it feels "plugged" at all, you have packed your stem too tightly.

Don't be discouraged. If you go back a year and a half ago or so, you will see posts from me having problems with my stem pack and draw. But, like I said, once you got it, you got it. ;)

momofthegoons,

steiner666

Serial vapist
man, my abv has been coming out a nice dark even brown in my SSS, any bits of green are usually just tiny pieces of leaf that might have somehow got into the mix (you can tell cause they're really flat and almost glossy looking) from improperly manicured buds.

I also like a fine grind, and us a 2pc for my zap. I'll have to post some abv pics later on.

steiner666,

SirElton

Thanks for the responses, guys. Rick, I've been going through all sorts of different ways to load and puff a stem and I seem to be getting the hang of it. I'm able to get a pretty good buzz after 2 stems, its just the vapor quality I'm trying to get better. I only see visible vapor on the first hit and its pretty whispy. I'm sure once I get my technique down things will be better all around, but I was curious on how long it'll take for the wood to set and "break in". I've got it plugged directly into the wall and there's 2 socks hugging it too. The AVB is darker than it was, but its still on the light side with some green in it. I've only had Moaning Myrtle for 30 hours or so, so she's still in her infancy. I've ground my herb pretty fine.

Also, the stems get a bit warm for my liking. Will the tooty help with this?

SirElton,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
A Tooty will cool things down a bit, especially with a carb. If you want them substantially cooler, I would suggest getting a bong of some sort to use with your Zap. Also, the hits from the Zap aren't going to be huge hits like you would get from a whip style vape, although they can get pretty big. Sometimes, lighting can be a factor too. Today, I was taking a few hits and thought my stem was cashed. I turned on my desk lamp and blew a hit out in the indirect light and was amazed at the size of the vapor cloud. It felt like there was nothing when I had hit it. The exhale showed the hit was actually large.

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
We all find a technique.. not too fine now....
My Zaps do well with a fine/medium grind.. and I only suck in herb to the top, but without over sucking or tamping... so I can still feel air pass.
I do have a trick that helps new "Zappers"...
I have them puf only with lips and cheeks like water ( similar to the MFLB).. and then breath in each "cheekfull".. try that and see if it helps.
I would definitely put the flower on overnight... when my Kushin' was first here.. that was what turned her "hot"! :lol:

Vitolo,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I have started loading stems by putting my ground herb into a storage tube that is about the size of the mouthpiece. Then I place the tip of my stem into the storage tube but above the herb. When you gently suck air into the stem, it creates a cyclone of air and herb below the tip like those chambers with the dollar bills. The herb lifts and fills the tip so that air will still flow well when you draw hot air through it. Just push the end of the tip against your finger to push in anything sticking out from the tip. I find it hard to over pack a stem with this method.

Alan,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vito you beat me to it. I just came on to edit my post to say be careful not to grind too fine. Rick has used the comparison to coarsely ground pepper before.

momofthegoons,

steiner666

Serial vapist
here's a shot of the ABV from my SSS cherry. I took 4-5 hits sequentially, then let it sit for a while (probably like 10+ mins) and took a few more until i saw no exhale with help of LED light.

102_0713.jpg

steiner666,

Vitolo

Vaporist
TV said:
I have started loading stems by putting my ground herb into a storage tube that is about the size of the mouthpiece. Then I place the tip of my stem into the storage tube but above the herb. When you gently suck air into the stem, it creates a cyclone of air and herb below the tip like those chambers with the dollar bills. The herb lifts and fills the tip so that air will still flow well when you draw hot air through it. Just push the end of the tip against your finger to push in anything sticking out from the tip. I find it hard to over pack a stem with this method.
Good technique!

Vitolo,

smartrott

I finally pulled the trigger on the myrtlezap. Thankyou to everyone for posting your experiences, here on fc, for which If didn't exist I would have no clue about all theses different awesome vapes. The wait is pretty damn exciting!

smartrott,

SirElton

I'm getting some real nice vapor now, fellas. I gave my herb a few more spins in my grinder and that has made quite the difference. It stays in better, and most importantly, produces some nice thick vapor. This has made me so much happier :) Special shout to Vito for the puff technique. Works like a champ. I was doing some long, deep draws and it just wasn't working. Now I'm getting visible vapor clouds for at least 3-4 hits. And it doesn't heat up the stem as much and cause discomfort. I think a tooty with a carb will still be a good investment, as well as a stem holder for the aroma flower. Anyway, thanks for all the responses everyone.

SirElton,

Vitolo

Vaporist
This is what makes being in Zapville so damn cool...
When a new Zap owner... "finds his grind".. so to speak.
We all are very excited for you... and your discovery, and to have you as a part of
THE COMMUNITY!!:D

Vitolo,

steiner666

Serial vapist
kewpcer said:
That's pretty dark.

yeah, lol, like i said, shes a hot bitch :lol: the hits are crazy with HQ bud :ko: if i would have just stopped after the first few hits it wouldnt have been quite as dar.

steiner666,

kewpcer

I still get a wonky stem every now and then that doesn't get packed right. Logs are herb quality dependent too.

Steiner you're lending more to the Cherry mythos. Those things do seem to get toasty.

kewpcer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
SirElton, I'm so glad you were able to figure this out. Just takes time and practice. ;)

Welcome to the forum and to Zapville smartrott. Glad to have you aboard.

kewpcer, I know what you are talking about. But, I also get "magical" stems sometimes that last for 10+ hits. :lol:

momofthegoons,

NiceLungs

Account Closed
There are a lot of variables at hand. I believe I read somewhere on here that if you are grinding up buds with mad hairs there is less vapor than some of the more leafy material. That has been my experience.

NiceLungs,

Rick

Zapman
Elton
We are all happy you are getting better Vapor. The technique Vito pointed out always helps to get the vapor started. We like to do a "choo choo puff" technique at the beginning to get the vapor started. Short quick pulls, then a long slow one or two or more. Very similar if not the same as Vitos method.

Vito BTW does some very special stuff with Arizona MMJ patients. He is a very thorough person and ONLY deals with carded patients. He demonstrates several different vapes, the Zap being one of them. We will have an announcement in a day or two related to that subject. Thanks for all you do Vito, here and everywhere for the MMJ community and all of us.

smartrott
Thanks for giving us a try. We think you will be very happy with your decision. We will also work to make you a happy customer. Takes a bit more than thinking. Your wait will not be long, a bit over a week from order to ship.

steiner666
Thanks for the follow up review related to dark ABV and the pic you posted. We also find that the SSS will make your ABV as dark as you want. Just keep pulling. The extra available heat will also help keep stem tips clean.

mom
Thanks for all your help as always. Your opinions and clear explanations help lots of people. Did you get to try our new SSS heatport?

and TV
Alan, thank you so much for your tips on loading the tips. I am always amazed at your contributions of ideas and the application of those ideas. It is a pleasure to have you in the FC log vape world. You also provide us all with a great demonstration of civility on this forum. Thanks for popping into AZ/MZ now and then. I will get over to your nook and do the same.

edit for:
Still two to go that ordered on the 5th. Mondays ship will finish 8/5 thru 8/7 orders and start on 8/8. Everybody that shipped today has been notified.

Rick,

RumbleShorts

Rick said:
edit for:
Still two to go that ordered on the 5th. Mondays ship will finish 8/5 thru 8/7 orders and start on 8/8. Everybody that shipped today has been notified.

Wahoo! Sounds like the magic begins for my zap on Monday/Tuesday! Here's hoping that the 8/8 batch is the prettiest enchanted wood Rick has seen in a while! It's been a long week waiting but, I know it will be worth it.

RumbleShorts,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Rick,

Is the sss heat exchanger the same as or a variation of the one used in the TV?

chucku,

Rick

Zapman
chucku
Ours is the only log vape heatport/heat exchanger that is machined from a piece of solid 1" round SS stock. The top portion, where the vapor stem tip inserts, is a separate piece of solid 1/2" SS stock with the center drilled out for the stem tips. It is welded to the center portion with the SS screen sandwiched between the two pieces. The center assembly is then welded to the outer SS sleeve to eliminate rattles and the entire assembly is then professionally electro polished to surgical SS specs. There is no tubing or washers or pins or springs or solder in our heatport. Our design also has a closed bottom with identical airholes as the top, forcing the heated air around more SS surface area and creating more air turbulence. We believe the design and finish help produce good heavy vapor that is also very smooth.
Top view of our new heatport/heat exchanger. Three pieces(screen not shown) and the assembled heatport.
SSProto2001.jpg

Bottom view of same showing closed bottom of the center assembly with drilled holes. Ridges in center portion are for more surface area and air turbulence.
SSProto2009.jpg

We have gone to four holes, top and bottom and more mass in the center portion but it is basically the same as shown in the pics.

Rick,

Vitolo

Vaporist
What a great Heat port!
What a great Zap!
What a great day for patients right here in my home state of Arizona!
Now that we are legal to medicate, the Zap has improved exponentially!
We here in AZ are lucky to have access to the new AromazapSSS.
What a glorious day to celebrate AZ in AZ

P.S.-
Rick you are the coolest. Thanks for your kind words. I am proud to "represent" in the MMJ Community!

Vitolo,
Top Bottom