Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Vitolo

Vaporist
Well, I am as excited as I can be! I had told you that a young man had bought a Zap, tried it 3 times, and decided he did not wish to vaporize.
I made arrangements with this fellow for his Zap.
The package arrived today. This thing looks brand new. The 3 tubes are unused. There is an extra Tootie tip that came with it (you can see it in the upper right of the image) This appears to be the only thing that was tried! (I found unconsumed herb in the glass tootie!) .
The flower is unused, but I will give it some use immediatly!
Now... The wait.... I am waiting for this beauty to heat up so I can give it a test drive!
mz.jpg

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I let it warm up for 30 minutes. Here goes the maiden voyage.

Touch image to see the 1st taste of my MZ
I liked it. It was certainly easy to use. I did not get the exact flavor I thought I would. I think the vapor in the mouth was warmer then I expected. I will give it a day to play and learn about it.
I did rapidly learn to not handle the tube after you remove it!
I am pleased with it's appearance, and will settle it in in it's place, as I get accustomed to it! :)

Vitolo,

SmokingElectricity

the glass tootie definitely cools down the vapor and i personally think it preserves the herbs flavor more than the stock stems. my favorite way to vape is using my MZ combined with the travel beaker. a fresh clean every time.

enjoy your new MZ Vitolo.

SmokingElectricity,

NiceLungs

Account Closed
Vitolo, like most things in life experience certainly helps with the zap. After a while you will learn the perfect draws, the ideal dryness of your material and I know I got better clouds after some wear in time with my unit.

I tend to give it an hour or more to warm. As mentioned somewhere else in this forum a bud placed in a shot glass on top of the zap for an hour or so will dry it to a good consistency to grind up. I grind, suck the green through the tube, gently pack, take two quick starter draws then get ~3-5 nice hits. I tend to take a ~5 second inhale where I can just hear the sound of air rushing through the top... then inhale some fresh air... hold... exhale.

As time goes on you will perfect your technique and probably find the Zap growing on you :2c:

NiceLungs,

rotax

Zaporist
Also, inhaling with a loose lipped seal (to allow external air in)..or..pull the tip out and in as you inhale works too, to get a fresh/cool shot of air within your hit.

rotax,

Rick

Zapman
Vitolo
You got one of the famous "curly blondes". That wood is totally gone now and has always been a classic. As most log vape users learn, practice makes perfect. Do not be satisfied with just some vapor. Vary the tip pack and draw technique until you maximize the vapor flow. Nice dry herb the consistency of coarse ground pepper. A chug chug chug at first, then long slow easy pull. Let us know if you have any questions as we stand behind our logs, original owner or not.
jakegets
You lucked out. I was getting a batch well on the way when your order came in so I added yours to the flow. It should arrive in record time from a Tuesday order. If the mail is on time, it will be there Friday along with navin92 and others who ordered late last week. We have some very nice looking walnuts in this batch and the last of some darker Myrtlewood. Shipping notices with tracking numbers out later today.
Nice weather finally creeping in. Time for some planting, fencing(we have added beef to our home grown food venue) and more outdoor fun.
BTW jake, I do have you down as an FC member but not because you told me in an Email or when you ordered. Plug kit or extra stem? Hurry now, they will be leaving in a few hours.

Rick,

navin92

Ordered last Thursday afternoon, just received my shipping notice, on track for a Friday delivery, can't wait for my first zap!!! Thanks for keeping those beautiful zaps flowing out in a timely manner Rick, I think I'm on tap for a great weekend!

navin92,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I would like to tell about my first day with my MZ.
It took some practice for me to get the grind, dryness, and serving "portion" down pat.
I have it down now, and I definitely see the appeal of the MZ.
It is totally beautiful, and it is now the only vape that I display in my home.
When visitors came today, and we spoke of vaporization, the Zap was the unit I showed them as an example of what a personal Vape looked like (gave them the Zap link too!).
I will use the Zap daily for a few hits. It works great!
I did find the draw to be a little bit more "resistant" than I am accustomed to.
With time I am certain that that will become second nature.
I did not show you a picture of the Zap head on.
Photoon2011-06-01at15022.jpg

It has the most perfectly centered eye, and a wonderful natural symmetry.
My compliments to Rick on his craft.
This unit is obviously sturdy, and will last for the long haul!

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vitolo, you got a classic beauty! I'm glad you are having a good time practicing and have gotten your draw technique down. It can certainly take some patience getting used to a restricted hit. But the end results are always worth it. :lol: I hope you have many, many wonderful vaping sessions with your new Zap. Have you named it?

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
momofthegoons said:
Vitolo, you got a classic beauty!...Have you named it?
Thanks!
Yes, I have. It's name is Kushin' (pronounced cushion - the kind you sit on) :)

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
lwien passed on a tip about blowing my AVB from the Zap's stem into a small Muslin Bag. This allows, he explained you to draw the bag shut around the stem as you blow, and not lose any abv- and you can dump it from there later.
At his recommendation I googled "small Muslin bags".
They are sold in bulk, but I found a place that sells 1 sample of each kind of stock you might want at very low costs (under $3 for most anything). There is no shipping cost because they want to romance your future business! Check it out at: Musin Bag Samples

Vitolo,

lwien

stickstones said:
I cant imagine using my log vape without the mulin bag

Yup. I still remember when I first got my PD. Fired that puppy up, waited an hour, finished a stem and I was blottoed. At that point, I thought, ok, how am I gonna get that ABV outta the stem. Hey. I got a fucking great idea. I went into the kitchen. Got a shot glass. Put the bowl end of the stem into the glass and blew...........hard.

The best way that I can describe what happened next is this >> :o :o ......... :uhoh: ......... :lol: .

lwien,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
lwien said:
stickstones said:
I cant imagine using my log vape without the mulin bag

Yup. I still remember when I first got my PD. Fired that puppy up, waited an hour, finished a stem and I was blottoed. At that point, I thought, ok, how am I gonna get that ABV outta the stem. Hey. I got a fucking great idea. I went into the kitchen. Got a shot glass. Put the bowl end of the stem into the glass and blew...........hard.

The best way that I can describe what happened next is this >> :o :o ......... :uhoh: ......... :lol: .

I call shennanigans! Lwien, you know I told that story only a couple of weeks ago when I first got my PD! :lol: I'm citing copyright infringement right now!!

:peace:

Stu,

lwien

Stu said:
I call shennanigans! Lwien, you know I told that story only a couple of weeks ago when I first got my PD! :lol: I'm citing copyright infringement right now!!

:peace:

I told that story about 2 years ago..................so there. ;)

lwien,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hmmm. :/ I thought I was the only one stupid enough to do that. :uhoh: My face was sweaty because it was hot and I just mowed the lawn. Beat that!

Stu,

rotax

Zaporist
A large[r] glass jar, or glass Sobe bottle works well for abv.
Hell, a beer bottle would work, but then you may have to deal w/ abv that tastes/smells like beer... ugh.

Good find on the muslin bags, seems like a good idea for a portable vape anyway, easy to fold up/store (compared to glass jar/containers).

rotax,

steiner666

Serial vapist
i thought about getting one of those bags to try, but i find that just tapping the stems out into the container works fine, and since i wouldnt want to use the bag as a long-term storage for the abv it would just make for one more abv-scented item to keep around. thats how i see it anyway, and it eliminates the step of going from stem to bag and then bag to container. If anything wont come out from being tapped, IME, it usually means theres something left in it, so i just take a couple more slow, admittedly thin hits to vape and therefor dry out the stuff thats stuck in there back by the screen usually. if for some reason this doesnt get the stuff out i gently stir around the edges of the stem with a straightened out paper clip and that does the trick.

steiner666,

rotax

Zaporist
steiner666 said:
i thought about getting one of those bags to try, but i find that just tapping the stems out into the container works fine, and since i wouldnt want to use the bag as a long-term storage for the abv it would just make for one more abv-scented item to keep around. thats how i see it anyway, and it eliminates the step of going from stem to bag and then bag to container. If anything wont come out from being tapped, IME, it usually means theres something left in it, so i just take a couple more slow, admittedly thin hits to vape and therefor dry out the stuff thats stuck in there back by the screen usually. if for some reason this doesnt get the stuff out i gently stir around the edges of the stem with a straightened out paper clip and that does the trick.

I think it depends on the herb. I have some that just falls out, other that comes out as a "plug".
Could have to do w/ strain, dryness, heat n such.

rotax,

SmokingElectricity

^^^if your bud is coming out like a plug, there is still some goodness left in it. take a poker and mix it up a bit. should be another hit left in there...

at least that's my experience. :)

SmokingElectricity,
Top Bottom