Arizer Solo

clouded vision

@530rasta that's the light show, try resetting by plugging in, holds both buttons until it beeps (or the light show stops, about 4 seconds if you have the sound off) wait ten seconds then unplug it. this should solve the problem

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Cheers, happy Holidazzzee everyone. Here's my solution for back-pain free travel to Chicago for New Year festivities: solo stem + hot coco + 1shot of espresso. couldn't get everything off of the solo stem but it'll do

IMAG0061_zps3a68b5e7.jpg

OF

@530rasta that's the light show, try resetting by plugging in, holds both buttons until it beeps (or the light show stops, about 4 seconds if you have the sound off) wait ten seconds then unplug it. this should solve the problem

Has this ever worked? I read it suggested a lot, but I sure don't recall anyone ever reporting it fixed it. I tend to look for events like that because they beg the question of 'how did it get messed up to start with?'. I would ask such successful owners to let us know if it happens again I'm sure. So if it's a useful suggestion for such cases (which seem to be defective chargers??) it sure got past me. And since no actual hardware fix was made I wonder how long the problem is going to stay away?

Anyway, does this soft boot work to fix real problems?

TIA

OF

extracrispy

Received my Solo a couple of days before X-mas. Thanks to all for the advice.

I've only tried it once since getting it and, while it can't really compete with my SSV or 'cano, I did not expect that. Seems to be a nice portable vape.

extracrispy,
Reactions: Caligula

Pistons13

Anyone got one delivered internationally? Buying one from New Zealand and a bit worried if it breaks i'm going to have to send it back to Arizer which could be an issue if it's been used (even if it's been cleaned thoroughly). Anyone had any experience with sending one back using the warranty internationally?

Pistons13,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Has this ever worked? I read it suggested a lot, but I sure don't recall anyone ever reporting it fixed it. I tend to look for events like that because they beg the question of 'how did it get messed up to start with?'. I would ask such successful owners to let us know if it happens again I'm sure. So if it's a useful suggestion for such cases (which seem to be defective chargers??) it sure got past me. And since no actual hardware fix was made I wonder how long the problem is going to stay away?

Anyway, does this soft boot work to fix real problems?

TIA

OF
I had mine fail to turn on correctly. Would get 3 flashing orange lights. Both on battery and PA operation. Battery had lots of juice. Had visions of sending back.
Plugged in charger and the Solo did some weird light show. Can't remember what it did exactly, all lights flashed??. And IIRC, Turned off and back on like a reset. However, it initiated the process on it's own once 12 volts plugged in. This was months back so a little foggy and has never happened since.
So for me the reset solved a problem, but I'm pretty sure it did it by itself just by applying the 12 volts.

vv132

Received my Solo a couple of days before X-mas. Thanks to all for the advice.

I've only tried it once since getting it and, while it can't really compete with my SSV or 'cano, I did not expect that. Seems to be a nice portable vape.
was thinking about getting this solo vape, thought it would def compete with the ssv guess not?

vv132,

Caligula

Maximus
Sigh... defective solo only just arrived at PIU today. Still no replacement. Uggg...

was thinking about getting this solo vape, thought it would def compete with the ssv guess not?

Dude u cant compare a portable to a desktop. That being said go check out the EpicVape E-Nano plugin. Its a badass piece and more in line as a SSV competitor.

Caligula,

extracrispy

Sigh... defective solo only just arrived at PIU today. Still no replacement. Uggg...

Dude u cant compare a portable to a desktop. That being said go check out the EpicVape E-Nano plugin. Its a badass piece and more in line as a SSV competitor.

I quite agree that it is unrealistic to expect a portable to compete with an SSV. Mainly because it is battery powered vs. plug-in, but also (I suspect) due to the smaller size.

That said, it is tough to fit an SSV into, say, a jacket pocket. Each has its place.

(Caveat: I have very limited experience w/ portables and, as I posted in OP, have only tried my Solo once.)

extracrispy,

Caligula

Maximus
The Solo will get you just as high as an SSV... It'll just take longer because you need 10+ minutes per stem versus being able to deplete a bowl in a desk top in a few hits.

Also FYI, the e nano is smaller than a Solo... but u gotta plug it in.

Caligula,
Reactions: OF

extracrispy

The Solo will get you just as high as an SSV... It'll just take longer because you need 10+ minutes per stem versus being able to deplete a bowl in a desk top in a few hits.

Also FYI, the e nano is smaller than a Solo... but u gotta plug it in.

Of course you are right about getting just as high. I meant in terms of the power of the unit & size of hits it can deliver.

530rasta

Mine works and charges fine again..hehe not sure why but i just figured im not worried about it lol

530rasta,

shadyonedeath

So my Solo was plugged in and charging when it decided to start blinking three yellow and then the blue, then blue then yellows, blue, yellows, blue, then blue. I tried plugging it out and in again and it did the same thing, The unit still turns on fine and heats up as neeeded, yet wont show that its charging????

any suggestions

try holding both buttons while its charging.

shadyonedeath,

spoutti

Mine works and charges fine again..hehe not sure why but i just figured im not worried about it lol

It happened to me once. It worked there all the time untill i added a foodasver pump charger to the same cheap multiplug. Next day i figured out on the road my solo didnt charge last night. Next time i plugged it I got light shows. Never used or experimented with that charger again. I use my other charger on my power stripe with all my pc stuff now and all is good.

spoutti,

vape4health

Im reading about all this resets stuff yesterday and though wow my og ceramic has never given me a problem, shouldn't ever think that stuff, this morning It heated and started a load but then got wonky, I noticed it lost heat mid hit and the charge light would come one for like 3 seconds then the heat light would flash 2 times like normal then charge light for a few sec again. Off/on and it just stayed solid charge light like it was dead, battery said full right before this and now says 3. After being off for around 30 min it appears to be fine????? Was that a sign of doom or just a hiccup. I plan to open it today and inspect the battery connection, this particular vape has seen thousands of miles living in a work vehicle, it has gone well above and beyond it's duty.

I should buy it some gold connections and send it to Fla.:D

vape4health,
Reactions: Snappo

Jab

Following up on this, I contacted Massdrop and... they promptly offered to send me a new one, shipping tomorrow, no charge, and I get to keep the old one too :whoa:

vakedcow said:
keep us updated how long that shipping takes please

...aaand it's here (Belgium)! Took just 9 days to arrive -- which is pretty fast for low-cost services like Massdrop. It's an M1C1, just charged it and doing a burn-off now. Looking fine.

Woo-hoo! :)

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
...aaand it's here (Belgium)! Took just 9 days to arrive -- which is pretty fast for low-cost services like Massdrop. It's an M1C1, just charged it and doing a burn-off now. Looking fine.

Woo-hoo! :)

that's quite ok... had worse waiting from local retailers for computer parts....

I guess I shall try the next massdrop, thnx Jab :clap:

vakedcow,

malelz

that's quite ok... had worse waiting from local retailers for computer parts....

I guess I shall try the next massdrop, thnx Jab :clap:

Massdrop has great prices, but be prepared for a wait. My cc was charged a little over a month ago and I have yet to receive my Solo :(

malelz,

OF

Massdrop has great prices, but be prepared for a wait. My cc was charged a little over a month ago and I have yet to receive my Solo :(

Bummer that.

Say, next time I can not send you a Solo for $100 flat. Think of how much more that can save you........

I hope you get yours soon, these guys are too keen to be without.

OF

Jab

I've been following the last couple of Solo drops and the delays have always been on Arizer's end. Not that I'm pointing fingers, but a group buy service is not a store. Massdrop explicitly states you can expect a lengthy delivery time. I'd advise everyone not to use Massdrop if you value quick delivery. My first experience with them took over a month to deliver and my 2nd took nine days (both internationally). But they are consistently the cheapest you'll find (incl. shipping) and they will honor the guarantee.

They've been thinking about alternative shipment options (so you can pay for quicker delivery) but I'm not sure whether they acted on it yet.

exit

Lmao I can't believe this shit. I was about to buy a pvhes finelly an in the middle of checking out it revert to the old page and say its soLD out"! Damn

exit,

OF

Lmao I can't believe this shit. I was about to buy a pvhes finelly an in the middle of checking out it revert to the old page and say its soLD out"! Damn

I had that happen as well. I went to get the credit card to confirm the number, couldn't have been two minutes. I bought the carb version of the GonG stem (very easy to 'fix' with teflon tape) instead. Good show, it was months before they were back in stock.

They really should make more than 3 of each type at a time........

OF

vv132

hey what is the consensus on HE stem from planetvape? Prob looking to get the HE shorty non turbo. Also they look to be out of stock, any idea how quickly planetvape gets the he stems in? Also is there any discounts for FC members?

Also are there any complaints on the m1d model was about to order it

Last edited by a moderator:
vv132,
Top Bottom