Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Kidfated also remember from what has been reported so far you need to bump the heat one spot to achieve the same levels. For a low heat person like myself it "might" not matter but would for high heat I would think. If we don't get any real reports soon, OF and PIPES, I may have to give in and get yet a third solo just to see.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Kidfated also remember from what has been reported so far you need to bump the heat one spot to achieve the same levels. For a low heat person like myself it "might" not matter but would for high heat I would think. If we don't get any real reports soon, OF and PIPES, I may have to give in and get yet a third solo just to see.
IMO, they only made the heater chamber's holes a bit bigger to increase air flow. What would come with that, is an easier tendency to draw the heater temp down with your inhale. Specially if new to the Solo and not know too fast of draw will have this effect. I don't think they changed the thermostat programming. But you never know.
However, that's basically what they did for disabling the heater lock out while charging.
You can get a third unit to verify but I think you just love them so much, you're looking for excuses now...:D

:2c:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You go, girl!

I think I'm on record on this one? "I don't need a third Solo.....I don't need a third Solo.....I don't....."

Maybe next year?

OF
So you're changing the record?...."I don't need a third Solo this year.......I don't need a third Solo this year......"
That's something new...I think?
So next year shows lots of promise.

Merry Christmas folks and obviously a great new year too.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Here's a WT stand I put together with @OF in mind...:D

But seriously, good when budgeting your goods.

P1060159_zps8310ca41.jpg

OF

put your bud in each day of the week? :p

Good idea. Put a nug a day in then on Sunday take them out and mail them to me.......

Normally you load such gadgets with pills at one time then take them out each day (to be sure you take one a day......). Pipes is no doubt counting on it to help me remember what day it is.

Good idea, but it won't work......

Pipes it pretty twisted you know. We really shouldn't encourage him I think? Probably too late.

OF

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Personally since you asked I would try to avoid the d or c if they are the new charge and use cause they are not proven and as pipes said you still might need a PA.
When I purchase a backup, I will search out an M1A4...that's what I've got now, and it couldn't work more perfectly!!! As for the newer one with increased airflow, that's not for me. I like to use water tools with my Solo now & then, and the increased airflow I feel would overwhelm the heater and cool things down more than I'd like. When paired with my bubbler, for example, the draw effort is GREATLY reduced and the air volume much more... a perfect balance, the result is sublime. Please leave my Solo alone...don't change a thing...she's perfect the way she is!!!

EDIT: I don't care to use the O-ring. But as stated above, it could possibly solve the increased air flow in the newer mod.

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

When I purchase a backup, I will search out an M1A4...that's what I've got now, and it couldn't work more perfectly!!! As for the newer one with increased airflow, that's not for me. I like to use water tools with my Solo now & then, and the increased airflow I feel would overwhelm the heater and cool things down more than I'd like. When paired with my bubbler, for example, the draw effort is GREATLY reduced and the air volume much more... a perfect balance, the result is sublime. Please leave my Solo alone...don't change a thing...she's perfect the way she is!!!
Your chances of getting a M1A down the road are slim IMO. I checked alot of sellers and could only find them at ezvaps. I guess these solos are very popular.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Your chances of getting a M1A down the road are slim IMO. I checked alot of sellers and could only find them at ezvaps. I guess these solos are very popular.
Right - and EZVAPES has always been my go-to retailer. They've treated me royally, and matched any price I brought to them. Highly recommended! Last I checked a few weeks ago, they still had the M1A4!

OF

one solo is more then enough all that is needed is the power adapter. been using mines for almost 2 years already and just running on power adapter daily.

You guys must not get Murphy 'back East'? Out here on the left coast wise vapers know not to leave such an obvious opening........

Out here many believe that a solid backup is Copper bottom insurance against failure, theft or other loss. If you want to be really sure you can put the backup in a safe deposit box......how much better does it get than having the Bank of America guarding your back up vape?

OF

420time

i understand having a back up vape, why not just get another vape. like for instance the PnP. great taste for the untill you heat it up to level 3, but level 2 you get massive flavor and clouds, which seem to finish a bowl faster then the solo. but the PnP bowl can just be loaded loosely with a piece of cotton on top as a spacer for clouds even if its not fully packed.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I would like to buy another Solo. I see EZvapes still has the newest Solo, I just checked. Have we heard if the Solo changed from the original battery?
I know the Solo is a tank but my unit at times gets hot and needs some time to cool off (10-20 min) especially after using my WT. Maybe this has been talked about already, sorry if it has. This doesn't make me love my Solo less though.

Amazing picture of the Solo after being driven over. "takes a licken and keeps on ticken". If you're too young that was a Timex Watch commercial like 30 or 40 years ago.

Last edited:

vv132

Hi vv123,

To answer your questions:

1. You will probably get the latest model but it's best to ask the seller. Also ask whether warranty issues will be dealt with them or if you will have to deal directly with Arizer. Those who have to deal with Arizer seem to be without a vape for a long time compared to those who buy from vendors like Planet Vape or puffitup. Speaking of puffitup, there have been people on this forum recently who have had ebay prices matched there. It wouldn't hurt to ask them.

2. I can confirm that the M1D2 can be used when plugged in to the regular charger. I believe this has been a feature since M1C1 but I'm not sure about this. If you want to use the device plugged in much of the time, I would suggest getting the Pipes stand. This enables the Solo to stand while plugged in.

3. The only other place I've heard of carrying the special Planet Vape glass is in the UK. PV has quick, cheap shipping. It was $10 on my order and it got to my place in Australia in a little over a week.

Cheers
TF
Hey thanks for the response! alright i'm set on getting the solo after some more reading but I still have some questions:
1. What is the difference between the solo M1C model and M1D model? Are there any models now adays that I should be cautious of?
2. Hoping I get one of the latest models, can it be plugged in and used while being charged? Most of them seem to come with the wall charger and i'm under the impression that it cannot be used while being charged with the wall charger.
3. I'm hoping to buy from puffitup once I email them, hoping they can match thegolfmeister on ebay who sells it for 130. Are these guys good sellers for the US?
4. I want to hook it up with my mobius clear matrix occasionly: What is the best stem to get from Planet vape to hook it up, it has to be 18mm. Also what is the best high efficiency stem to use when i'm not using the mobius but just the solo.

thanks ahead

vv132,

530rasta

So my Solo was plugged in and charging when it decided to start blinking three yellow and then the blue, then blue then yellows, blue, yellows, blue, then blue. I tried plugging it out and in again and it did the same thing, The unit still turns on fine and heats up as neeeded, yet wont show that its charging????

any suggestions

530rasta,
Top Bottom