Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
That is gorgeous pipes.....................at least you have something to do. Now go run over to fluffs house and see if the baby and ok the rest of the family are ok:nod:

@Snappo you know pipes stem has nothing on mine lol. I so want to clean it but haven't been able to get myself to do it.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Happy holidays all Solo fans! :D

Quick question; cleaned my vape and all accessories yesterday. I generally use rubbing alcohol, but this time I only had acetone. It's been sitting to dry for well over 24 hours, is it safe to use? No residue smell, looks very clean.
I'd recommend sticking with Isopropyl alcohol 90+%. Gets things sparkling clean with no residue. Evaporates quickly and completely. I'm not sure about the safety of acetone though...sorry, I just don't know.

OF

Quick question; cleaned my vape and all accessories yesterday. I generally use rubbing alcohol, but this time I only had acetone. It's been sitting to dry for well over 24 hours, is it safe to use? No residue smell, looks very clean.

Acetone is a super solvent, long a standard for serious optical parts. However it's real hard on the liver, avoid the fumes. ISO is much safer to be breathing around.

Once safely evaporated off it's 'safely evaporated off'......

OF

dos equis

Acetone is a super solvent, long a standard for serious optical parts. However it's real hard on the liver, avoid the fumes. ISO is much safer to be breathing around.

Once safely evaporated off it's 'safely evaporated off'......

OF
It does evaporate quite quickly though as I understood it. Everything has been sitting out for a long time now like I said. I guess I'll just have to fire it up and turn it the fuck back off if I notice any weird smell or taste. It's been hard only combusting these last few days! :p

OF

It does evaporate quite quickly though as I understood it. Everything has been sitting out for a long time now like I said. I guess I'll just have to fire it up and turn it the fuck back off if I notice any weird smell or taste. It's been hard only combusting these last few days! :p

You should be fine if you haven't smelled it in a while. One of the reasons it's still used in optics is it does dry very fast and completely.

I see no reason it should get in the way of holiday celebrations.

Enjoy!

OF

poonman

I would suggest rinsing with warm/hot water first .
Just to be sure
It's pretty bad. There is still 100,000 homes without power across the GTA area. And a really cold snap has moved in.

Here' my back porch. Ugly and beautiful at the same time.

P1060137_zpsb91f2beb.jpg

My brother in law had a huge salt water aquarium with a living reef. All dead.
Brrrr. Glad you joined the lucky ones @poonman.

It was your car charger that helped immensely . :tup:
@Dreamerr Ya power went out Sat nite . Thanx for the kind words .

I had an old bong at home that had a broken stem, lucky me I didn't throw it away as the PVHES fits perfectly (as does the original stem) :)
IMG_6345.jpg

Nice balancing act .:clap:
May I suggest something a bit more sturdy ?
J60dELz.jpg

shadyonedeath

Happy holidays all Solo fans! :D

Rinse it with water couple times. Try using salt to act as an abrasive. Acetone sometimes leaves behind a residue/lingering smell, especially the type for Nail polish. I wouldnt recommend.

The Arizer Solo is a TANK! I lost mine yesterday and found it outside in the snow this morning. I also ran over it with my car sometime during that period... The top was dented and my PVHES GonG stem broke... but thankfully, IT STILL WORKS PERFECTLY!
v6sqdl.jpg

rm8lmw.jpg

Wow...that is well built. I've dropped mine on concrete and tile floors but a CAR? Ah-hahaha! Worth the money in construction alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Tried searching this, with tha newest batch of solos, can they be used and charged at tha same time?

KidFated.,

paneroman

hey guys I'm new to the forum! I just wanted to say that i just got a solo from vapenation came yesterday and I AM LOVING IT!!! anyways this is where it gets INTERESTING... I chose to buy the solo from V.N. because they said that they were selling the newest model (m1d1). When it came in the mail i checked the serial # and i got a M1c1 unit. I was super pissed cause i heard it got mixed reviews and i really wanted the "charge and use" feature on the new model. TURNS OUT MY M1C1 WORKS WHILE CHARGING!!! don't ask me why or how but i guess they made some in the batch that work while charging! anyways just wanted to put that out their. If anyone wants proof i can make a quick vid. sorry for the long post, happy holidays @_@

zymos

You should be fine if you haven't smelled it in a while. One of the reasons it's still used in optics is it does dry very fast and completely.

I see no reason it should get in the way of holiday celebrations.

Enjoy!

OF
Like any other solvent, it only dries completely if it was pure to begin with- depends on the source. It's more likely to melt plastic and dissolve other stuff than ISO too.

Tried searching this, with tha newest batch of solos, can they be used and charged at tha same time?

I can confirm that the M1D2 will heat and charge at the same time, as was mentioned by someone else (thanks, whoever that was) just a page or 2 back.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Like any other solvent, it only dries completely if it was pure to begin with- depends on the source. It's more likely to melt plastic and dissolve other stuff than ISO too.

I can confirm that the M1D2 will heat and charge at the same time, as was mentioned by someone else (thanks, whoever that was) just a page or 2 back.
Thank you, i did look back a few pages, but i usually go back further than i should an try to read forward. Im shit with that search option..

KidFated.,

Mrmrmrmr

you know pipes stem has nothing on mine lol. I so want to clean it but haven't been able to get myself to do it.
I'd like to see some proof :party:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrmrmrmr,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
hey guys I'm new to the forum! I just wanted to say that i just got a solo from vapenation came yesterday and I AM LOVING IT!!! anyways this is where it gets INTERESTING... I chose to buy the solo from V.N. because they said that they were selling the newest model (m1d1). When it came in the mail i checked the serial # and i got a M1c1 unit. I was super pissed cause i heard it got mixed reviews and i really wanted the "charge and use" feature on the new model. TURNS OUT MY M1C1 WORKS WHILE CHARGING!!! don't ask me why or how but i guess they made some in the batch that work while charging! anyways just wanted to put that out their. If anyone wants proof i can make a quick vid. sorry for the long post, happy holidays @_@
Welcome to the fun @paneroman, yes it seems some of the C1s are capable of using with the charge wire plugged in. As some others have posted as well.
IMHO, the capability to leave the charger plugged in while using seems kind of useless. The charge apparently kicks down to 3 volts per cell (they call trickle charge) which is pretty much useless unless the cells are dead.
So where is the benefit? The charger does not assist in the heater power according the Arizer themselves.
For running in PA they state a PA is still needed. Seems their marketing is playing some games which seems to be working.?

Jury still out on whether or not the larger holes are a benefit or not. Mixed opinions so far from the posts I've read.

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I liked my old one better, although I find the plugged in while using handy.
Care to explain please? Im looking to buy a solo and i have the option of a 2012 brand new but unused solo, or a brand new one. When did you get your "older" one?

KidFated.,

michaelstone

I got my older one in March, got my new one in November. On my original my go to numbers were 4 first 12, 7 second 12. Now 5 is probably more like 4 it seems, maybe even 3, and 7 used to be harsh burnt popcorny , now it isn't at all. It just seems to not hit all the temps right.

Ok, I'm finally sitting down to write my first 30 days with the Solo. A little background. I'm not new to vapeing, I had been off and on with an old crappy Aromazap I picked up a dozen years ago. Essentially a soldering iron in a wood box that took 40 minutes to get to a decent vapeing temp, cooled off after 3 draws, and was like sucking cement through a coffee stirrer. Needless to say, a little more frustrating than enjoyable. Well, I recently decided to get back into it and did some research and picked up the Solo.
First impression, this thing is a brick. Not in a bad way, it just has some heft and the metal construction feels very solid in your hand. I did the charge, the burn off, yadda yadda, let's get to using this thing.
I was a little concerned about the stiffness of the draw after doing some of the research, but compared to what I had been using, this thing was a breeze. Good solid vapor with great flavor. Now, here is where I had an epiphany of sorts. Having read all of the accounts and stories involving people using this stem or that stem, high settings, low settings or stepping temps, drawing fast or slow, I just assumed there was a certain skill to getting this thing to work. That couldn't be further from the truth. If you want quick and easy, you can load the stem, fire it up, voila. But that cuts this thing short. My epiphany was that IS the fun of the Solo. The flexability to see how you like 3 versus 7, giving different combinations a try, playing with it to see how it gives YOU the most. Sure if you have one already, this all seems quite obvious. But if you are reading these posts to decide if the Solo works for you, don't let the sheer volume of suggestions and advice dissuade you. I'm realizing all of those different techniques exist simply because they can. It's the gift that keeps on giving.
My personal favorite today. On 3 with just the standard GonG, with a final roast of 6 at the end. We'll see about tomorrow.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I think i do remember something about temp changes but they went back to original? Ill have to look on vaporpedia

KidFated.,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Personally since you asked I would try to avoid the d or c if they are the new charge and use cause they are not proven and as pipes said you still might need a PA.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Im not worried if i can use it while charging, as i have many other vapes, so ill take that advice dreamer. Maybe ill just get a new one and get a PA soon

Top Bottom