Arizer Solo

Lizard King

When you start "Nothing personal", the next thing you say will almost certainly be personal. Just pointing that out. ;)

I've had the experience of quite a few vapourizers by now, and the FV is one of the absolute best for flavour. I am far from alone in this opinion, and yes, I've hit a Cloud. If you think the FV is like a "plastic cup", then I submit that your taste buds are due for a checkup, and you can take that personally if you like. :D

I looked forward to the fantastic taste from the Solo that I had read so much about, and I think that I posted in here what a disappointment it was. The Solo cooks the load between hits and anyone with decent taste buds will detect this. It's not nearly as bad as Pax, but the cooked flavour is distinct and quite noticeable. I will add at this point that I am in the group known as "supertasters". I am willing to bet that you are not. :cool:

I love my Solo. I really love my Solo. I love it so much that I've bought a back-up. But my FlashVape tastes better. I would give the FV 10/10 for taste, and the Solo 8/10. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Lizard King,
Reactions: Maine420

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
When you start "Nothing personal", the next thing you say will almost certainly be personal. Just pointing that out. ;)

I've had the experience of quite a few vapourizers by now, and the FV is one of the absolute best for flavour. I am far from alone in this opinion, and yes, I've hit a Cloud. If you think the FV is like a "plastic cup", then I submit that your taste buds are due for a checkup, and you can take that personally if you like. :D

I am in the group known as "supertasters". I am willing to bet that you are not. :cool:
For one you claim to be a SUPER TASTER and I am not?

OK I'll take the insult.

Let me clarify:

I know nothing about the FLASH VAPE as far as flavor!
Only read a comment that it tastes like a MFLB!
I almost bought one until I read this negative comment.

The MFLB was my first vaporizer and was fine for what I needed.
One or two rips perfect.
As my tolerant increased I wanted a longer session like 5 rips or more.
After the 3rd rip the flavor was too harsh so my second vaporizer was a SOLO looking for a longer session with out a distortion of flavor after the 3rd rip. The first session was incredible and so full of flavor I became a huge fan of the SOLO even though I believe the way the ARIZER company handled my 2nd SOLO's LEMON problem (I had to fix myself) was short sited.

I have only been back to the CANNABIS life style for 2 years after over 3 decades of staying away.
In search for the best medical solution was my first priority.

I don't know 2% of what you know about the best vaporizing method?
In the 70's zig zags were the standard.
The SOLO at level 4 trough a water path or a DRY SHERLOCK is not bad.

I get medicated and the flavor is bearable.

The MFLB I tried to make work and even bought a bunch of batteries.

Now since you are in the group "SUPERTASTERS" please educate me!

You said and I quote:

"I am willing to bet that you are not."

OK you threw sand in my face so I guess it's time to leave.

AU REVOIR!

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: Snappo

abhishek

They are so tiny, all you can ever see is little black dots. Not sure if one may be clogged. How would you unclog them?
I use a safety pin sometimes...make sure Solo is cold...
And please do it very delicately.
Also wait for more experienced users to pitch in..I may be wrong, but nothing has happened to my Solo by doing that

clouded vision

a safety pin will work fine and dint worry about damaging the crucible it is stainless steel. Even if somehow a pin could damage the holes, it wouldn't be a big deal. IIRC someone on here actually drilled out those holes a little bigger to improve the draw, I wouldn't recommend doing it intentionally because the heater can only heat so much air at a time but just saying that it will still work

OF

They are so tiny, all you can ever see is little black dots. Not sure if one may be clogged. How would you unclog them?

I'm a fan of wooden toothpicks for this myself, no scratches from being clumsy. I don't, however, think it's a factor. Early on, when I was trying to get some understanding of the air flow I carefully plugged up the four holes with toothpick tips, not recommended they were hard to get out (one I had to push through a coax out the other side, which is how I learned how that part was built....). Bottom line is it didn't effect the flow a whole lot. For sure it didn't put 'light suction' on anything. Most of the air seems to come down between the stem and cup, around the bottom of the stem and into the load which is how I think the PVHES works (it increases that flow by the grooves and notches).

I think the four hole are not for heating reasons, but to purge the heated air from behind the cup so the temperature regulation works better. If they were intended to be active, I suspect they'd be somewhere closer to the center, not covered by the rim of the stem?

I'm still thinking for some reason you got a radical increase in restriction (no vacuum, I can't figure out where that would come from or where the exhausted vapor went that you didn't notice). Fouled screen? I think a clue might be in the stem alone (does it draw normally when out of the Solo?) or in the performance with the other stem?

A good general trouble shooting technique is 'divide and conquer', split the system into parts and see where the problem area is and hopefully isolate. Another is substitution. Ideally with a 'known good', but if not at least with a fresh part.

Good luck (and good hunting....).

OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
For one you claim to be a SUPER TASTER and I am not?

OK I'll take the insult.

Let me clarify:

I know nothing about the FLASH VAPE as far as flavor!
Only read a comment that it tastes like a MFLB!
I almost bought one until I read this negative comment.

The MFLB was my first vaporizer and was fine for what I needed.
One or two rips perfect.
As my tolerant increased I wanted a longer session like 5 rips or more.
After the 3rd rip the flavor was too harsh so my second vaporizer was a SOLO looking for a longer session with out a distortion of flavor after the 3rd rip. The first session was incredible and so full of flavor I became a huge fan of the SOLO even though I believe the way the ARIZER company handled my 2nd SOLO's LEMON problem (I had to fix myself) was short sited.

I have only been back to the CANNABIS life style for 2 years after over 3 decades of staying away.
In search for the best medical solution was my first priority.

I don't know 2% of what you know about the best vaporizing method?
In the 70's zig zags were the standard.
The SOLO at level 4 trough a water path or a DRY SHERLOCK is not bad.

I get medicated and the flavor is bearable.

The MFLB I tried to make work and even bought a bunch of batteries.

Now since you are in the group "SUPERTASTERS" please educate me!

You said and I quote:

"I am willing to bet that you are not."

OK you threw sand in my face so I guess it's time to leave.

AU REVOIR!

I'm sorry you took my comments like that. I apologize for wording it poorly, I had no intention of throwing sand or anything else in your face.

First of all, let me explain that a supertaster (15% of men in case you didn't check the link) can detect flavours that others cannot. It is quite possible, in fact likely, that you (and others who talk about the great Solo flavour) can't taste the cooked flavour that I detect from the Solo. That's why these things are personal.
You were misled by the comment about the FV tasting like the LB. The LB adds a woody note to the flavour, which some dislike and others (including me) enjoy. The FV has a pure vapour path through a glass stem. Since heat is only applied when hitting it, there is no cooked flavour like I get from the Solo.

Remember that we are talking about personal taste here, literally (in the true sense of the word). If you think the Solo gives you great flavour, nothing I say about how I find it should change your opinion. You should be careful, however, about telling me that my favourites are like drinking $100 wine from plastic cups, especially if you haven't tried one of the cups.

I hope you do see this and change your mind about leaving. This is just the internet, nobody should take it that seriously. :peace:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Taxi, supertasters are the people they use to test wine and other things. They are an elite group of people and I am glad I am not one of them. Just like others I am ok with the taste of the the solo but I do taste what paka is speaking of but it doesn't bother me just as the wood taste doesn't bother him well or me for that matter. I just don't like the burnt taste that some vapes get to quickly.

As far as the four holes even though OF proved maybe that they have nothing to do with it, it still needs to be cleared to discount it. I use the ssv pick but anything that fits works. I do think OF may have hit on it when he said the screen may be clogged:doh::doh:cause that makes a huge difference.

Al, yes it is really tight when you get the solo so much so I had to call a person with it as I was afraid to break it. I loosens up quickly.

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
I'm fairly new to FC, and I've noticed how people are easily offended on these threads, anyone else notice this? In the past 2 weeks, 5 different peeps have threatened to leave. Sometimes you must consider whether the poster or postee are in pain... That can make one grouchy...:peace: Peace out Canna Scouts! :peace::love:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
It's all good maine we make up. Like you said some of us, including me, have medical issues and are medical users so we aren't always right in the head or body which makes the head mad and frustrated and a bit angry. I pissed off two people in the last two days but we are all good again and I :love: them both...I am fairly sure they still :luv: me.

OF

I'm fairly new to FC, and I've noticed how people are easily offended on these threads, anyone else notice this? In the past 2 weeks, 5 different peeps have threatened to leave. Sometimes you must consider whether the poster or postee are in pain... That can make one grouchy...:peace: Peace out Canna Scouts! :peace::love:

First off, welcome to the Forums, lots of good folks around here, lots of useful information.

Yes, there has been a lot of hostility lately, hopefully it will ebb soon. It is abnormal, this forum is under the "be nice" rule, personal attacks are against the rules we all agreed to. When that happens differences of opinion can be effectively and usefully discussed in my opinion.

That, of course, doesn't always happen.

Sometimes someone's debilitating pain is a factor, as can (let's face it) drug intoxication. That, along with the usual net baggage can lead to troubles needing effective policing. That usually happens in a timely manner I think.

Your points are, I think, well taken.

I encourage you to hang around some, take part when you can, I think you'll find most are 'pretty good Joes'.

Regards.

OF

Hexi

My FbOMb should arrive today, however the local USPS here tends to delivery very late to my area like 4-5pm.

I've been using stock bent stem for the Solo since I got it last week.
  1. I tend to do 1.5 sessions with it (2x 12 min auto shut off)
  2. I've been getting kinda blitzed from it ( I go 4 for a while then step, 5, 6, 7) using CannaT SR flowers and a lil bit of Grape Kush hash sometimes
  3. Definitely better taste than Pax, some slight cookage.
  4. Doing a lot of re-vape of the ABV as 1 session from the solo leaves the ABV still light brown
  5. With the Fbomb and Shorty stem from PVES, this makes the airflow different?
  6. What should I be aware of when I switch from stock stem to PVHE shorty + Fbomb

Vaporito

So I got Pipes AIO and the fbomb today, still waiting for the solo to arrive tomorrow.

Must say the fbomb is pretty good even with the original davinci. Figured I'd give it s shot and what do you know it worked...

I did get s spec of debris inside the fbomb and don't see how it can be cleaned like new once I start using it on a regular basis... Anyone got tips on cleaning the fomb?

Can't wait till tomorrow to get the solo and try it all out....

wilsonlab

We actually have some very seasoned veterans here who still use their mflb and like it. So yes...absolutely...to each his own!
:tup:

I knew someone would "correct me" almost instantly, which is why I took the time to make the word MOST bold. haha sorry Snappo, I just knew it would come up!! I'm not sure if I can say this in this thread but, I still do like my MFLB, but once I got a solo it was no longer my prized possession.

If you have criticisms or opinions on the MFLB, take it to the MFLB thread. For the record, I'm 66, I own a Solo, and I still rank the LB ahead of it (and most other vapourizers).

Wait so can I give my opinion or not?? After telling me to not give my opinion you gave me your opinion. I am aware of forum etiquette, but someone mentioned the MFLB and my response was to that poster (not you), and if I remember correctly I pointed out that I thought the MFLB was great until I got a solo. So my post was applicable to this thread. Thanks for the advice though *-)

Last edited:

eln00b

Jumped on the Solo Massdrop....too bad I didnt do my research ahead of time...ebay seems like just as good a deal with out the multi week ship time. Oh well, live and learn.

Did do some reading here..and glad to see such an active thread, and familiar "faces"..OF you manage to be everywhere on this forum!

Ordered the PVHES bent stem and some screens. PV was cool enough to include an o-ring as well....so now I patiently wait for my new toy.

The Pax and the Omicron will have to hold me over until then.

Last edited:

wilsonlab

Ordered the PVHES bent stem and some screens. PV was cool enough to include an o-ring as well....so now I patiently wait for my new toy.

You should love the PVHES! Not having to adjust the stem to get a decent vape is so much better

The Pax and the Omicron will have to hold me over until then.

I'm curious to see how you think the Pax and Solo compare.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I knew someone would "correct me" almost instantly, which is why I took the time to make the word MOST bold.

I am aware of forum etiquette, but someone mentioned the MFLB and my response was to that poster (not you), and if I remember correctly I pointed out that I thought the MFLB was great until I got a solo. So my post was applicable to this thread. Thanks for the advice though *-)
I believe my response appropriately spoke to your assertion that the MFLB is generally favored by the younger crowd, whereas the Solo is generally favored by the older and perhaps more seasoned. Though you qualified your statement by adding emphasis to the word "most", I still detected a line being drawn in the sand, albeit somewhat blurred. And that's fine, no problem at all with that. Even though I didn't agree with your statement that the MFLB "is all hype" as featured on FC, I respect/ed your perspective and thought enough of it to dovetail it with my own perspective. If, as you said, "to each his own" spoke to your open-mindedness, than my comment should not have been taken as a correction, but rather an extension of a welcomed conversation. Let's have fun and enjoy the rest of the show!
:popcorn::cheers:

Last edited:

Krizzle

Hi Very high
So I got Pipes AIO and the fbomb today, still waiting for the solo to arrive tomorrow.

Must say the fbomb is pretty good even with the original davinci. Figured I'd give it s shot and what do you know it worked...

I did get s spec of debris inside the fbomb and don't see how it can be cleaned like new once I start using it on a regular basis... Anyone got tips on cleaning the fomb?

Can't wait till tomorrow to get the solo and try it all out....

Hey Vaporito I clean my pinnacle water tool (very similar to F-bomb) just by half fill with ISO and salt shake a few mins then rinse and wash with hot water. I wear gloves doing this and just cover both ends with my hands....sounds strange :p Cleans up good as new every time :nod:

On a side solo note, I saved up a couple OZ of solo ABV. Made some QWISO, still waiting for it to evaporate then ill give it a go in the solo again :o

Last edited:
Top Bottom