Arizer Solo

OF

thats too bad, i was searching through this forum and found someone mentioning they found silcone brand silicone tubing at a home depot so i might try there... That setup is definitely temp

Agreed, it would be sweet. If you find 'the right stuff' please let us know the details? Praise and adulation is sure to follow.....

Thanks and good hunting!

OF

OF,

abhishek

I get thunderclouds from my MFLB with the PA.

I must admit, when I first tried the MFLB, I was underwhelmed. I took one home, and now I can't let go. I had a DV which cooks the load similarly to the Solo. They are good for what it's worth but, I would go back to the MFLB if you ever feel like mastering something different. It's a vape that requires a lot of technique and that may be off-putting for others.

Yeah I do agree about the learning curve, but investing in super expensive PA, which destroys the portability of a Vape all together, is not a product I would like to invest in..

Solo met all my requirements , and gave me clouds which such less material that I had to buy another one as Backup..
I am not against MFLB at all, in fact wen I Got it it was just awesome, for a few rips in between, but after trying Solo sitting outside in a friends car, was the final nail for MFLB

abhishek

Again, I will repeat: if you want to talk about the LB we have a thread for that.
Go it sir,,if u want I can edit my post...just that I was quoted , so had to reply here...will keep it in my mind , for future..

Sorry :)

abhishek,

natural farmer

Again, I will repeat: if you want to talk about the LB we have a thread for that.

I'd like to talk about the Solo myself but I believe I can compare it with anything and it will still belong to this thread right?

I am with @ataxian on this...

Leave the Solo stem in that heating bowl for a long time without hitting it and will overcook your herbs, yes. Not only supertasters can feel the off taste... Everyone can. But you don't have to do that. Especially if you use it with water or through a vapor lung or even a Sherlock's glass stem, you can operate it as a log and lift the Solo from the stem to clear it and/or the bong/bubbler/vapor lung. I dare supertasters to taste something bad in this scenario. It's full convection taste and will keep tasting good to the last hit. Better than a log IMO.

Similarly you don't have to necessarily scorch a tiny spec of herb touching the heating screen in a MFLB. But most people do accidentally... And if one scorched spec of herb doesn't ruin it for a supertaster or even me I don't now what does! It ruined it for many people who turned to the Solo cause of that though...

To sum it up. Taste largely depends on usage patterns and personal user preferences. A great tasting vaporizer can prove to suck in the right hands and vice versa.

Paka, my friend? Shouldn't we compare vapes any more? Should we open a new thread for every comparison?

OF

To sum it up. Taste largely depends on usage patterns and personal user preferences. A great tasting vaporizer can prove to suck in the right hands and vice versa.

Excellent point. The old 'it's a poor Craftsman that blames his tools' truism?

Lucky for us, I think, is Solo is more tolerant of things, easier to pause, and finally easier to clean up and get back to tasting good than most vapes. There are perhaps better ones out in this way, but I don't know them I think.....

OF

When you start "Nothing personal", the next thing you say will almost certainly be personal. Just pointing that out. ;)

I've had the experience of quite a few vapourizers by now, and the FV is one of the absolute best for flavour. I am far from alone in this opinion, and yes, I've hit a Cloud. If you think the FV is like a "plastic cup", then I submit that your taste buds are due for a checkup, and you can take that personally if you like. :D

I looked forward to the fantastic taste from the Solo that I had read so much about, and I think that I posted in here what a disappointment it was. The Solo cooks the load between hits and anyone with decent taste buds will detect this. It's not nearly as bad as Pax, but the cooked flavour is distinct and quite noticeable. I will add at this point that I am in the group known as "supertasters". I am willing to bet that you are not. :cool:
I am in the same boat as you. That is why I was looking into getting a FlashVape lol. Eating spicy things sucks too lol(well I'm getting better). But now I've decided that I'm just going to sell the solo and my XP and get the MiniVap instead.

Here's my 20 dollar bill setup
db11.jpg

With the whip it kind of hits like a hookah
lol is that construction paper on the stem?

VapeNStone,

Jab

OF said:
IMO the gripe rests with the guys who took your money and have failed to do what they promised....for whatever reason. That's where the contract is, and responsibility lies IMO.
They never promised a super quick delivery. From the Solo page on Massdrop: "Estimated time until products leave the fulfillment center: 14 business days."

They seem to be doing their best to get it done as quick as possible. Which is more than they were "contracted" to do.

Maybe you guys have a lot of bad experiences with Massdrop, I don't know, but as a first-time customer I'm just calling it as I see it.

Their offer was (is) very attractive for international shipments ánd when quick delivery isn't all-important. Anyone else would indeed be better off elsewhere. :peace:

Jab,
Reactions: OF

Hexi

PVHES shorty GonG stem + Fbomb takes a bit of getting used to. It can be tricky with the short bowl to hit the Bubbler just at the right time to not cool down the Solo heater... I'm wondering for those that have the PVHES 'turbo' option if that cools down the heater even faster?

I ask because I'm considering a few more PVHES GonG stems to mix it up, maybe a turbo, maybe a tall boy, and maybe a few stems.

What type of storage are you guys using for the stems, I hear 'cup' are we talking coffee mug? I'm considering glass pyrex beakers, one dry one 'wet' for ISO cleaning. Anyone have a good experience buying pyrex glasses somewhere in the US?

Hexi,

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
PVHES shorty GonG stem + Fbomb takes a bit of getting used to. It can be tricky with the short bowl to hit the Bubbler just at the right time to not cool down the Solo heater... I'm wondering for those that have the PVHES 'turbo' option if that cools down the heater even faster?
I don't have the turbo gong but I do have a turbo stem. For my liking the turbo let too much air in and cooled down the bowl too much. I find the normal pvhes have the right balance of air and resistance for me both dry and through a water tool.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'd like to talk about the Solo myself but I believe I can compare it with anything and it will still belong to this thread right?

I am with @ataxian on this...

Leave the Solo stem in that heating bowl for a long time without hitting it and will overcook your herbs, yes. Not only supertasters can feel the off taste... Everyone can. But you don't have to do that. Especially if you use it with water or through a vapor lung or even a Sherlock's glass stem, you can operate it as a log and lift the Solo from the stem to clear it and/or the bong/bubbler/vapor lung. I dare supertasters to taste something bad in this scenario. It's full convection taste and will keep tasting good to the last hit. Better than a log IMO.

Similarly you don't have to necessarily scorch a tiny spec of herb touching the heating screen in a MFLB. But most people do accidentally... And if one scorched spec of herb doesn't ruin it for a supertaster or even me I don't now what does! It ruined it for many people who turned to the Solo cause of that though...

Paka, my friend? Shouldn't we compare vapes any more? Should we open a new thread for every comparison?

I repeat, the posts I singled out were not comparisons, they were commenting on the LB with bare reference to the Solo.

I agree that using the Solo through water or lifting the stem between hits will diminish or even eliminate the cooked flavour. I submit that, despite @OF's backhand dig, this is not the way most people use the Solo nor is it even obvious to someone with no log vape experience. The first reaction I get from inexperienced people to whom I've shown the Solo is, "Doesn't everything fall out of the stem into the bowl?" I find removing the stem inconvenient and the payback not worth the effort. I should point out to anyone who thinks I am saying that this cooked taste ruins the flavour from the Solo: it does not. The taste is slight but detectable, and therefore I would not rate the Solo above some other devices for flavour. Those who can't taste this or who use the techniques you suggest are free to rate it more highly.

OF

They never promised a super quick delivery. From the Solo page on Massdrop: "Estimated time until products leave the fulfillment center: 14 business days."

Their offer was (is) very attractive for international shipments ánd when quick delivery isn't all-important. Anyone else would indeed be better off elsewhere.

Not really off track, nobody to blame for anything yet? I can live with that. I for sure see no reason to blame a third party, but folks love to blame others these days it seems.

Great insight on the shipping. Being a Yank, I lose sight of that part. I'm sure I'm not alone. Thanks.

I don't have the turbo gong but I do have a turbo stem. For my liking the turbo let too much air in and cooled down the bowl too much. I find the normal pvhes have the right balance of air and resistance for me both dry and through a water tool.

I agree, honk on it and I think too much flow happens, surely more than I like. I find it OK to 'sip' on, however....but that's not why most guys get them I'm sure.

I too think it's super cool that we have options in the market to cover individual needs. Semi custom Solos for the common man? How cool is that?

OF

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I too think it's super cool that we have options in the market to cover individual needs. Semi custom Solos for the common man? How cool is that?
I agree. One thing that I find great about the solo is how much you can customize it to your own needs. Planetvape is a great contributor to this, but then also recent additions to options we have for PAs started by FC members are also very helpful for those just getting the solo or hadn't gotten a PA. Other ideas like the o-rings or domed screens also help make the experience better for me. Ed's stems are also great for some from what I have read, I haven't bought any myself.

Last edited:

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
Anyways, test tube vials for storing and cleaning the mouthpieces, regular strait stem,where can I get these, Amazon? what size would I have to get? Thanks for your help folks! I'm learning so much!

Hexi

PVHES Bent, normal bowl size - out of stock. Exactly what I was about to buy ^_^

Looks like all the PVHE GonGs (14/18 short.normal.turbo) are all back in stock.

Thanks for the info Fluff, I'll hold off on a turbo for now.

OF

Top Bottom