Arizer Solo

Stthings

Yep, as krizzle said basically is your have choices...as OF says capitalism...oh enough quoting. Get a PA no matter who you get it from. If you don't want to spend the money now then just get it later. You can get the test tubes or as they really are un blown up soda bottles to hold your stems. I have a case and haven't used it yet. For me it is just to bulky but it is sturdy and very nice.
So PA for sure. How sturdy is the solo? I mean the case is a tad expensive at almost $45. Is it prone to breaking that much?

Stthings,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It's a solid unit. The case is more for convenience and protecting the glass stems.

I found my case by browsing in the camera case section at Best Buy. I then googled the SKU of the case I wanted and bought in way cheaper on Amazon with Prime. You're sure to find something that will suit you for a little less dough.

:peace:

OF

I then googled the SKU of the case I wanted and bought in way cheaper on Amazon with Prime.

I know you don't like to give out details, but in this case can you please? I like 'cheaper'.

I promise we won't think you any less the gentleman for doing so......if that's even possible?

TIA, Bro.

OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/baby-soda-bottles-giant-test-tubes.html here is an example of the stem holders but check the size or I will measure the ones from PV if you would like. I maybe on there site but I don't feel like looking. As stu said the solo is solid but you will need something for the stems. I hate to say it but the few times I went out with my solo I just left the stem in the solo but that isn't smart. It did go flying underneath me while I was driving. I flew out of the cup holder as I don't have a cup mod. I was lucky the stem made it. I have been looking for a dark cup for a long time and having found the right size yet. I don't want a throw away cup.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Seren

olivianewtonjohn

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/baby-soda-bottles-giant-test-tubes.html here is an example of the stem holders but check the size or I will measure the ones from PV if you would like. I maybe on there site but I don't feel like looking. As stu said the solo is solid but you will need something for the stems. I hate to say it but the few times I went out with my solo I just left the stem in the solo but that isn't smart. It did go flying underneath me while I was driving. I flew out of the cup holder as I don't have a cup mod. I was lucky the stem made it. I have been looking for a dark cup for a long time and having found the right size yet. I don't want a throw away cup.

If you dont need to worry about stealth factor then a bag like a bathroom tote works pretty good leaving the stem in the solo, the bag will stop the solo from flying around (especially if you leave it on the floor of the passenger seat).

olivianewtonjohn,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I know you don't like to give out details, but in this case can you please? I like 'cheaper'.

I promise we won't think you any less the gentleman for doing so......if that's even possible?

TIA, Bro.

OF
I did a search for "Body Glove Camera Case" on Amazon, and got a bazillion hits, so I'm just gonna post this picture of my case. I don't have the model number, sorry.

143nsee.jpg

The glass stems fit nicely in the velcro-adjustable section and it holds the charger and unit with little wasted space. I can put a stash jar in it as well if I fit it in just right.

There are so many different camera cases, I recommend either buying in person, or doing the "Stu SKU" maneuver. :brow:

OF

There are so many different camera cases, I recommend either buying in person, or doing the "Stu SKU" maneuver. :brow:

Yeah I know there's a pile of them out there, I've got several that don't quite work right.....which is why I was hoping for 'the answer' from you........

At least I've got a brand, more than I had before, thanks.

OF

Last edited:
OF,

OF

Does the EQV PA work with the...

Solo PA?

Assuming you really meant 'does it work as a Solo PA?' (that is will it work with Solo), the answer is no. It will not provide PA mode for Solo without a LOT of work.

It's got the wrong connector (not sure exactly what it is, it looks like 5.5*2.1mm or 5.5*2.5, but both are way too big) and is way too high in voltage (like over double).

Aside from those two details.......

Sorry.

OF

OF,
uploading my first vid took more time than making it... youtube app insisted I don't have a channel yet but of course in the browser all was well :doh: I can imagine now why nobody has uploaded one yet :lol:

enjoy:

Temp setting 5 iirc
it's a great piece and I really like the effect

Thanks a lot for the video vakedcow :)

if it weren't for the ugly logo i would have already pulled the trigger on the f-bomb - as is i'm still debating with myself...

but it would be a good oportunity to also pick up a turbo-stem... ah f* it i'm just going to order it now :D

I've recently purchased a power adapter for my solo - I don't know why I didn't do so sooner - it's great for when friends visit! The only slight negative about using it is that when it's plugged in you can't stand the Solo upright, it has to be placed on its side between uses. Ok, so this isn't a major issue and doesn't affect its function in any way, but I would prefer to stand the unit up, to avoid scratching it for one. Flicking back through this thread I noticed one FC member has used a 3D printer to create a docking system for use with the power adapter which addresses this design issue. I'm just wondering if any of you know of any stores selling a similar product that I can get my hands on?

i think there is an ebay listing for one of these 3d printed docks

sasNW

Also wanted to add that arizer the company is great right along with their product. I sent them an email with my concerns about buying my buddies "new" old model solo. Within 36 hours I received an email alleviating my concerns.

They informed me that if the ceramic bowl does happen to chip it's purely cosmetic and in no way unhealthy. And that they will have no problem covering the unit under warranty as long as I provide the receipt! Now I am more then happy with my m103, just ordered a few goodies.

Also just ordered a ryot 10inch axe bag. Seems like it should be able to store the solo, meds, small abv jar, grinder with its special tray thing. And the back up piece, ill update when it arrives

dos equis

Hey guys!
To those of you who bought a PA from PV, is the socket just a US socket with ground? It looks very much like my charger's socket, and my EU-adapter fits, but it has a third round pin as well. Never seen that before.

Edit: I have concluded that it's a US socket, and if not it just happened to fit a US-EU adapter and is magically working fine, so I'm good!

Last edited:
dos equis,
Reactions: Seren

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
for the record of this thread im working on a new super stealth method of using the solo in public and its coming along pretty well waiting on a few more parts in the mail

i'd be interested in this. i am not sure what could be more stealthy in public than a Solo with a stealth adapter (from PV) in a McDonalds cup with a straw hooked up to the stealth adapter (which is what i do)??? if you say you have something better i am all ears!!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I don't want a mcdonalds cup I want a regular cup as they hold up better. Has anyone found a water bottle that has a big enough top to throw the solo inside? I would be interested in what he comes up with as well.

well you guys all know about the camel backs right the water pouch in the backpack im making an adaptor so your solo can stay in your back pack and still enjoy the vapor with the inconspicuous blue tube most people know and won't question

Now your talking! That seems very promising keep us posted on your progress!

Vapingaway818,
Reactions: dos equis

dos equis

well you guys all know about the camel backs right the water pouch in the backpack im making an adaptor so your solo can stay in your back pack and still enjoy the vapor with the inconspicuous blue tube most people know and won't question

That is fucking ingenious! Unless I'm misunderstanding, the vape wouldn't even have to be out of the backpack?

dos equis,
Reactions: Snappo
Top Bottom