Arizer Solo

exit

I use my SOLO 3-5x a day since i bought it!
But I still don't have a GonG adapter or water/glass path!
That will have to change soon, now what I own a Vapolution2.0 :nod:

exit,
Reactions: poonman

poonman

I use the OMNICRON SILICONE to make seals.
All WATER TOOLS CLEAN and ready for launch!

I got super confused and mixed 3 strains together:
GOD"S GIFT, GSC & PLATIUM OG
In a SOLO through water.
Smooth THICK VAPOR!

edit: I saw the photo?
I forgot to clean the GonG!

Super confused ?
or
Super genius ?

poonman,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I use my SOLO 3-5x a day since i bought it!
But I still don't have a GonG adapter or water/glass path!
That will have to change soon, now what I own a Vapolution2.0 :nod:
I did not use water until after the first year back to Medical Marijuana.
I have a GonG for my:

PERSEI'S {BENDER; HERCULES; CARTS}
SOLO'S
VAPOLUTION
VRIP
NANO

I love them all!

WATER for me is all-time!

BE CAREFUL MIXING MEDICAL GRADE MARIJUANA CAN INDUCE COMA!

OF

i got it march 6th. no clue how many times the stem has been inserted/removed. can't see it being extremely different than most.

Thanks for the additional information. I think that part is glass filled, I suspect there was a defect that caused it to separate quickly in service, tear if you will? One thing sure having it go out on you in a few months when others have many many times that much use on their without troubles gives a guy hope that the replacement will not repeat.

I'd contact them and see what they suggest, IMO it's clearly in warranty.

someone else just had a similar problem a couple pages ago. Try putting an o-ring into the little lip created by the missing piece, I think that will solve your problem. you can get them from PV

If it's the fellow I'm thinking of it wasn't a split there, but a chipping away of the rim? Even so it could be the same material problem I think is happening, it's just loosing strength when the bond between the fibers and the material break down?

Seems we've identified a common weakness in the Solo design. :ugh:

Given the rapid failure time, and lack of lots of other reports of this, tend to think it's not "a common weakness" in the design, but a component quality issue?

OF

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the additional information. I think that part is glass filled, I suspect there was a defect that caused it to separate quickly in service, tear if you will? One thing sure having it go out on you in a few months when others have many many times that much use on their without troubles gives a guy hope that the replacement will not repeat.

I'd contact them and see what they suggest, IMO it's clearly in warranty.

If it's the fellow I'm thinking of it wasn't a split there, but a chipping away of the rim? Even so it could be the same material problem I think is happening, it's just loosing strength when the bond between the fibers and the material break down?

Given the rapid failure time, and lack of lots of other reports of this, tend to think it's not "a common weakness" in the design, but a component quality issue?

OF
OF - You've really got me thinking of this in other ways I hadn't even nearly considered. Admittedly I settled on the simplest of explanations. Looking at my own Solo caldron assembly, there appears to be no visible degradation at all, but for the expanded fit for the stems. I'm thinking now that, in fact, the "common" early eventual decompression of the teflon upper-ring turns out to be perhaps a happy accident (or not an accident at all) in design material that allows the stems more room to breath as they should. Nonetheless, and as you say, "a component quality issue", is a very likely cause. :bowdown:I bow to your expanded wisdom.:tup:

Planet Vape provides o-rings to compensate for the change in the original stem seal at the top. Arizer, curiously, does not. PV may be catering to an obvious widespread call for a tighter fit, whether it is functionally necessary or not, and that fits a niche that's good for business. But Arizer may not be pursuing that because they hold there's simply no functional need for it, i.e., it is designed to function as it does. I, for one, have been very satisfied with that!

Snappo,
Reactions: OF

five0five

Hello my fellow vapor enthusiasts I gotta say this SOLO is my favorite handheld especially with the GonG stems vitolo showed me that I now own...lol.. I found that if the herb is dry, ground pretty good, and set on 3 or 4 the "Jedi" is amazing. Taste is awesome and the vapor clouds are HUGE!!!!! I only own handhelds(iolite,MFLB,no2,solo & now the davinci) and this SOLO is by far my favorite.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Hello my fellow vapor enthusiasts I gotta say this SOLO is my favorite handheld especially with the GonG stems vitolo showed me that I now own...lol.. I found that if the herb is dry, ground pretty good, and set on 3 or 4 the "Jedi" is amazing. Taste is awesome and the vapor clouds are HUGE!!!!! I only own handhelds(iolite,MFLB,no2,solo & now the davinci) and this SOLO is by far my favorite.
When you say "Taste is awesome and the vapor clouds are HUGE!!!!!", are you saying that you use low settings and do a nice and slow controlled draw? Do tell all! By the way, I get great taste at high settings with a fresh bowl, so all is good too in the 5-7 zone. Also, learned a new trick on the PAX thread: Draw vapor by pulsing your inhales with 1-2 second draws with a 1-2 second pause in between. I think this allows the heating bowl to impart more heat into the mix for reinvigorated vaporization. Try it and let us know what you think. Enjoy!

Snappo,

OF

. But Arizer may not be pursuing that because they hold there's simply no functional need for it, i.e., it is designed to function as it does. I, for one, have been very satisfied with that!

I think you're exactly right there. They carefully selected the material to make the seal from to deal with all the factors involved. It generally works well as designed, some folks just want different performance. Being able to use the stem as a handle wasn't part of the design goals.......

Personally I tend to sip on the bent stems, so having them rotate on their own means I have to pay attention to what I'm doing......something I try to avoid if possible. I have a ring in mine. And I sent out rings to a couple dozen Members back before PV got on board so they could do the same?

OF

salivape

I've been playing around with a sipping technique as well. I like high temps and have been coughing up a lung taking the bigger hits. Sipping seems to give me equal amounts of vapour but feels a little easier on the throat.

I always have been a cougher even when smoking. People couldn't believe the amount and time that I'd been smoking for yet still cough every time. I thought vaping would stop that but it just hasn't happened. It's still way more enjoyable though.

I finally got round to trying some oil in cotton. So awesome. Is there anything she can't do?

poonman

The Arizer and Planetvape relationship reminds me of the Auto industry ...somewhat .
GM will make the cars and auto parts shops will supply the accessories .
Since both Arizer and PV are located in Ontario ....hmmmm .
Besides , I think it's more profitable for PV to have a pro. glass blower on hand for all
glass acc. than for Arizer to have it's own blower just for their glass .

I like doing the ' Sherlock ' quick puffs sometimes to switch things up .
You can collect a big lungful , even when losing some vapors in between puffs . ime

Sundays and my Solo is such a good combo .:love:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Sundays and my Solo is such a good combo .:love:

Sunday mornings are awesome.

Time to fire up the SOLO with a water set up.
All my glass is clean.
"OF" recommended the JAMESCO POWER ADAPTER and the SOLO became a dream machine.
You can keep chasing the next trend in portable vaporizers however I celebrate the plant rather than the machine.

The SOLO taste very nice and medicates correctly.

Some may differ however when it comes to flowers I like the KISS method!

WAKE & VAKE!

Remember the Film Looking for Mr. Goodbar?
Reminds me of CLOUD CHASERS!
If you have see it then you know what I mean!
So lately I have been putting Organic lemonade in my water tools. IMO it filters the vape better but the best part is drinking the lemonade at the end. All I can say is; Hope you have nothing to do for the rest of the day. BTW the lemonade comes out tasting amazing!!!
LOL:clap:

I was going to vape both SOLO's however after increasing my level for this set up from 4 to 5.
I'm over medicated if there is such a thing?:worms:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
^^ Sunday morning here is depressing (its like your Monday) ... however Shabat ;)

My only issue with too much time to vaporize is that I can't stop eating and the next day I spend most of the day in the WC hehe ;)

So lately I have been putting Organic lemonade in my water tools. IMO it filters the vape better but the best part is drinking the lemonade at the end. All I can say is; Hope you have nothing to do for the rest of the day. BTW the lemonade comes out tasting amazing!!!

LOL ;)

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger

which way does it come out?! :puke: sounds pretty disgusting to me. my golden rule: never drink anything that went through your bong :p

mrweed,

poonman

Now that's a NEW one .
idk if it's for me tho , but good on you .

I've made the suggestion of using the vaped bong water to make coffee/tea with .
Even tho OF reminded us , that most of the ' goodies ' are adhered to the glass itself .
I still think there will be some extra kick added to your coffee/tea . idk
Ya the bong water might taste awful , so lemonade huh .....hmmmm .

poonman,
Reactions: OF

samirfuzzywuzzy

DSC_0541.jpg

This is my latest WT. Liquid sci glass stemless circ (11 slot). 5mm/7mm. IMO its perfect for the solo. I can get huge clouds on 3/4. Overall it feels like a tiny set-up in your hands but works as good as bigger WT's that i have

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
This is my latest WT. Liquid sci glass stemless circ (11 slot). 5mm/7mm. IMO its perfect for the solo. I can get huge clouds on 3/4. Overall it feels like a tiny set-up in your hands but works as good as bigger WT's that i have
That is a beauty!
What level do you have the SOLO set at for that rig?

ataxian,

samirfuzzywuzzy

That is a beauty!
What level do you have the SOLO set at for that rig?

this thing is so live and direct that I set it at 3 and start tasting through it even before the first light comes on. then when it gets to 3 i start pulling hard as possible and i get some heavy clouds.

Now that's a NEW one .
idk if it's for me tho , but good on you .

I've made the suggestion of using the vaped bong water to make coffee/tea with .
Even tho OF reminded us , that most of the ' goodies ' are adhered to the glass itself .

Ive never used my WT's for combustion nor ever will. They stay spot less because I change the water ever session. I use only drinking water that i would normally drink anyway in my WT's and for the Ice i use in them also. The water taste almost the same way your raw material smells to begin with. For me its an amazing taste. Its not in anyway related to "bong water" if you ask me. If i had to describe the taste of the water, here is what i would say: " imagine that you have a cold tea that taste exactly like what you imagine a tea would if it was made from just your materials would taste like."

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
got this one for my solo. a weed star smellchekcer. perfect for my needs and for just 50€ a real bargain. very robust and heavy:

721_0.png

mrweed,
Reactions: poonman

poonman

this thing is so live and direct that I set it at 3 and start tasting through it even before the first light comes on. then when it gets to 3 i start pulling hard as possible and i get some heavy clouds.

Ive never used my WT's for combustion nor ever will. They stay spot less because I change the water ever session. I use only drinking water that i would normally drink anyway in my WT's and for the Ice i use in them also. The water taste almost the same way your raw material smells to begin with. For me its an amazing taste. Its not in anyway related to "bong water" if you ask me. If i had to describe the taste of the water, here is what i would say: " imagine that you have a cold tea that taste exactly like what you imagine a tea would if it was made from just your materials would taste like."

I also meant vaped bong water , not combust .
Ya , I mentioned it smelled like steeped tea also .
Now that I think about it some more ,
Your lemonade with ice sounds pretty good .:tup:

Your new WT looks perfect for portability usage .

OF

I'm thinking (right off) that perhaps the acid in teh lemonade is stripping the deposits off? Eating hash oil gets you off......

Does the lemonade leave a 'bath tub ring' on the glass?

For sure bubbler water and bong water are entirely different beasts. Combustion junk no doubt.

OF

samirfuzzywuzzy

I'm thinking (right off) that perhaps the acid in teh lemonade is stripping the deposits off? Eating hash oil gets you off......

Does the lemonade leave a 'bath tub ring' on the glass?

For sure bubbler water and bong water are entirely different beasts. Combustion junk no doubt.

OF

Also remember that the water or lemonade Im drinking is usually only been in use for one or two 12 minute sessions on the solo. I also use ultra fine screens in all my stems/adapters.

The lemonade doesn't leave anything like rings on the glass because i rinse every session.

Also i have both a bubbler and a bong as WT's one just holds more liquid. I feel the same effects if i drink from either and the taste is just a hair lighter from the bong

samirfuzzywuzzy

I think you may be on to something here, by all means press on with your noble experiments, Science demands no less of us......

Thanks for the idea.

OF

The lemonade I use might have something to do with it.
I only use lemonade from "whole foods market" Its very Strong and pulpy not like a watered down lemon drink. Most people I know cant drink the lemonade straight and have to add water or ice because its so acidic and sour. Its more like hand squeezed lemonade with no ice and less water also the sugar content is much lower than almost all other bottled lemonades.

Im thinking to start making my own "lemon filter" (water + fresh squeezed lemon no sugar). With just lemon and water my filtration should taste even better and then the fluids can be added to sweetened tea for a Half n Half type of drink.

Also another thought, the oils could be sticking to the lemon pulp and sugar as it filters through.

Top Bottom