Arizer Solo

vape4health

when I was a waiter we used to use diet coke to get caked on soup off the counters lol
Carbonated water is commonly used to clean large flat grills, about the same as using pop/soda but without all the sugar and preservatives.

Long time user update: One of my solo's gets used ~6-8 loads every workday and I leave it in the vehicle every night plus weekends, during winter too. That fucking thing just keeps on going, I really was sure the battery would take a shit by now especially the way we treat it, like running it totally dead once a week and the cold/heat but it continues to function.

solodolo420

hey guys been reading the forum for sometime but now i finally decided to post, ive had my solo for like a week i got it like a month ago but 5 days after i got it it stopped charging to had to send it in and got a new one, and it came last week! Anyways im looking for a gong, and the only one in stock at PV that would fit my bong is the PVHE 14mm turbo option, whats the difference between that and the normal one?

solodolo420,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm looking for a gong, and the only one in stock at PV that would fit my bong is the PVHE 14mm turbo option, whats the difference between that and the normal one?
I just use the regular one however whatever fits and will do the job. Get whats available for now!
You can always adjust latter or simply add to your quiver!
I think they used silicone tubing around the solo stem
It took 5 day when I got mine. (The POWER ADAPTER)
Maybe I was first?
I took me about 45 minutes to find a CHILLUM to fit before I purchased one!
When you find one that fits they become special.
Now you know why:

California SOLO:
backyard vaporizer!

CHILLIN direct:

solodolo420

I also ordered the power adapter from jameco or whatever around the 4th, do you guys know how long it usually takes for delivery?

Also, I brought my solo to my LHS to get a chillum that fit inside to use as the bowl as i saw earlier, but it didnt really work? Any ideas why?

solodolo420,

Bouldorado

I also ordered the power adapter from jameco or whatever around the 4th, do you guys know how long it usually takes for delivery?

Also, I brought my solo to my LHS to get a chillum that fit inside to use as the bowl as i saw earlier, but it didnt really work? Any ideas why?

I think they used silicone tubing around the solo stem

OF

Less than that for sure. Did you get a ship notice? You should be able to log in and check status and track it from the web page, upper right corner.

I don't recall ever having them not ship the next day, deliver after that is on the shipper of course, what did you select?

OF

OF,

convotutor

Hey guys
I have a question regarding the battery and the process of charging.
I've had my solo for about 2 months and I've been using it port much at least 4x a week. Lately I've noticed that battery depletes pretty quickly.
It's pretty much 1 level per session. But when I charge it it seems to me it gets charged too quickly. For ex, it will go from level 3 to 7 in like 20 min. Is this normal?

Thanks guys

Andy

convotutor,
Reactions: OF

OF

It's pretty much 1 level per session. But when I charge it it seems to me it gets charged too quickly. For ex, it will go from level 3 to 7 in like 20 min. Is this normal?

I'd say that's pretty much in line with what I see. In broad terms it charges about as fast is it discharges (a little under one Amp rate). So four steps in 20 minutes might be a little fast, but 3 would be 'on par'? The real clue is probably in the discharging. It's also important to remember the scale is expanded a lot. I usually get one session with the 7 LED still on the next time and there are several sessions 'off the bottom of the scale'. The seven steps probably represent half the capacity of the battery? One of these fine days I plan to try to measure that fine point, until then I'll just guess.

And enjoy the Solo for the fine machine it is, of course. Not good to let worry interfere with the enjoyment you know.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

My favorite set up is a standard stem (bent or straight) fitted with a CHILLUM tip.
Use a silicone tip from a omnicron or similar.

With direct the thickness of the glass there may be an effect on the heat transfer.
The thickness on the stock stem is more consistent. I was so lucky to find ones I could vaporize with.
It took some time and went through a lot of glass pieces to find the ones I did.

The glass tip using the CHILLUM I like very much.

Water Path is the way I vaporize mostly.
IMG_00531_zpsc1ab82bd.jpg

The CHILLUM's are fun and when I garden I bring it and a SOLO to pass the time correctly!

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
I thought the Solo restricted airflow on purpose, so when you guys hit your Solo's with a PVHES are you inhaling just as slow as you would with a stock stem? Is the point of the PVHES just for to get rid of the annoying milkshake-like draw, even though you still have to inhale slow to get the same clouds?? I'm just trying to figure out their puropse. I can see why you might want to increase airflow if hooking up a Solo to a bong but I'm not sure about the stems.

Hoof Hearted,
Reactions: Snappo

exit

If you think the milkshake-like draw is annoying you should probably consider a stem with more airflow. I don't mind it too much but I know I would like the feeling of a freer airflow so I plan to order some PVHES soon.

Have you tried putting a couple screens in the chamber? You'd need to have screens that fit down there but if they do then you be able to increase airflow pretty noticably and see if you like it.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I thought the Solo restricted airflow on purpose, so when you guys hit your Solo's with a PVHES are you inhaling just as slow as you would with a stock stem? Is the point of the PVHES just for to get rid of the annoying milkshake-like draw, even though you still have to inhale slow to get the same clouds?? I'm just trying to figure out their purpose. I can see why you might want to increase airflow if hooking up a Solo to a bong but I'm not sure about the stems.

I guess it must be some kind of Nero logic?

I find my SOLO's hit hard as they were designed out of the box!

We all have different needs.

Personally I like the stock stems.

Maybe that is why I have a lower temperature settings than most people?
I'm trying to heat up my MEDICINE to form vapor.
By increasing the airflow you cool down your load so a higher temperature is needed to obtain enough heat and I'm afraid that will ruin the flavor profile of the flower.
That is how I see it!

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
If you think the milkshake-like draw is annoying you should probably consider a stem with more airflow. I don't mind it too much but I know I would like the feeling of a freer airflow so I plan to order some PVHES soon.

Have you tried putting a couple screens in the chamber? You'd need to have screens that fit down there but if they do then you be able to increase airflow pretty noticably and see if you like it.

I really don't mind the milkshake draw myself. I see the purpose of it. I was just wondering if you have to hit it just as slow when using a PVHES.

I really like the straight stock stem, and yes I've been using screens that I got from PlanetVape with my Solo. They fit inside the bowl perfectly.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I get bigger clouds with the PVHES. Maybe Arizer was too conservative about airflow with the original design? :shrug: I dunno.

I think that the stock stems are perfectly fine. And for those that want to get aftermarket stems, it's great that PV gives us that choice. Based on how often they are out of stock on the website (very sought after items), I think they do offer improved performance and it's not just my imagination. :2c:

:peace:

exit

Okay that's it. Time to stop slacking :lol: I'm ordering a PVHES right now :cool:

Edit: :bang: I swear every time I've tried to buy one since I got my Solo they're all out of stock!!! Argghhhh sorry for getting your hopes up guys :disgust:

exit,

VAPORIZER22

I really don't mind the milkshake draw myself. I see the purpose of it. I was just wondering if you have to hit it just as slow when using a PVHES.

I really like the straight stock stem, and yes I've been using screens that I got from PlanetVape with my Solo. They fit inside the bowl perfectly.

With the PVHES you get increased airflow over the stock stems so you want to draw a bit slower. If you draw at the same speed the vapor will be thinner, if you slow down your draw you will get thicker vapor with the PVHES. The stock stems work fine for me, but I mostly use my PVHES because I get more vapor per hit than with the stock stems

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I get bigger clouds with the PVHES. Maybe Arizer was too conservative about airflow with the original design? :shrug: I dunno.

I think that the stock stems are perfectly fine. And for those that want to get aftermarket stems, it's great that PV gives us that choice. Based on how often they are out of stock on the website (very sought after items), I think they do offer improved performance and it's not just my imagination. :2c:

:peace:
Ok!
I'll try one and see what I'm missing?

exit

That's exactley why I'm interested in one. I'm getting good clouds, but I'd still prefer thicker ones. And sometimes it'll take me more than a cycle to completely vape a bowl so more vapor per hit would be great.

This is the exact same problem i'm facing. I also have my eyes on the Solo Ground Glass on Glass Adapter but thats out of stock too :(

exit,

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
This is the exact same problem i'm facing. I also have my eyes on the Solo Ground Glass on Glass Adapter but thats out of stock too :(

I was thinking about grabbing that too but I use my Da Buddha with my bong. I have a 14mm so the SOLO stems fit perfectly in there. I finally tried it today and it worked good but not as good as my DBV. I'm sure it would work better with the GonG but my bong's on an angle so I'm not gonna bother.

My plan is to get some straight PVHES and connect a Chillum to them like Ataxian does. He said those restrict the draw even more but with a PVHES and a higher temp I imagine it would hit nice and produce more vapor per hit.

Top Bottom