Arizer Solo

Sonics420

Any one around here use their solo for oils or waxes? So far ive been able to vape but not without making a stick mess or have the solo upside down (vape bonging) and they're always has to a layer a herb to prevent it melting into the stem or heater, is there anyway to vape oils/ waxes on their own in the solo ( i tried the cotton technique and didn't like it) or should I just invest In a vape specifically for concentrates
hey what was wrong with the cotton technique? thats what i do also but just wondering what makes u not like it.

Sonics420,

ehakim

hey what was wrong with the cotton technique? thats what i do also but just wondering what makes u not like it.

I didn't find the cotton to be as neutral as everyone claimed, perhaps it wasn't 100% pure cotton..... I am in the process of turning an old mflb screen (that I had to rip out to claim my warranty) into a dome that'll fit into the solo stem, I think that since the mesh is so fine on the screen that nothing will be able to pass thru. Almost done then ill load her up and let u guys know how it goes

ehakim,
Reactions: vorrange

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
My previous question got buried really fast so since I got just one reaction I thought I'd ask you guys once more to give your views/opinions on having a stem that's too loose and doesn't fit well.

Watch this video please and share your insights with me!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
As stated earlier, they are hand blown and will have some variance as a result. My bent stock stem is way looser than my stock straight. I also have a PVHES turbo, a PVHEGonG turbo, and one of Ed's. They ALL seem to have a different OD to some degree. Not that you can tell looking at them, but the difference is there.

Funny thing is, after all these purchases I just went back to the original straight and I think it is my favorite!

ehakim

All I can say that worked like a charm with my homemade bho nothing melted into the gong it all got stuck in the screen and once it stopped giving vapor I opened it up and the screen was pretty clean, I can posts pictures later tonight if anyone would like to see

Edit: the bho worked great but I just finished a session of just oil and it melted down into the stem :s

ehakim,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
My previous question got buried really fast so since I got just one reaction I thought I'd ask you guys once more to give your views/opinions on having a stem that's too loose and doesn't fit well.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

I answered and you answered me hehe. I hate loose stems and am always playing with the retention ring. If it ever gets really bad will get an o-ring to help

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Red Indy

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I answered and you answered me hehe. I hate loose stems and am always playing with the retention ring. If it ever gets really bad will get an o-ring to help

As the models progressed through time I clearly see the loose fitting stems fading. On my m102 with the ceramic core my stems are loose as opposed to my m107 (no longer with me but in very good hands)the stems fit quite snug.

mvapes,

Dreamerr

Red this was in the INH thread and looks like it can work if we can find out the id and od. http://www.strawesome.com/classics-glass-straws/ I for one am real interested as it seems it will fit the INH if not straight might need a very small piece of tub on it to make it fit. Now as far as the solo I go with the NO2 tube and shove it in the glass part if I want the longer path. It fits perfect and I can leave the solo anywhere and the tube in mouth and just suck. No magic tricks required. If you are interested in further discussion PM me. You know I like things easy and mindless.

Dreamerr,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Any one around here use their solo for oils or waxes? So far ive been able to vape but not without making a stick mess or have the solo upside down (vape bonging) and they're always has to a layer a herb to prevent it melting into the stem or heater, is there anyway to vape oils/ waxes on their own in the solo ( i tried the cotton technique and didn't like it) or should I just invest In a vape specifically for concentrates
PERSEI from DELTA 9 VAPES = concentrates!
Flowers = SOLO!

ataxian,
Reactions: ehakim

2clicker

Observer
As the models progressed through time I clearly see the loose fitting stems fading. On my m102 with the ceramic core my stems are loose as opposed to my m107 (no longer with me but in very good hands)the stems fit quite snug.

i got mine brand new last Sat... stems are already loose. they just swing around in there. they dont fall out yet, but i cant imagine that wont happen after a month or so.

this vape is great, but that connection SUCKS!

btw... how can you adjust the ring?

2clicker,

Dreamerr

you unscrew the top....I use the back of a tweezer and push hard to make it flat again...easy...it doesn't get loose all that fast just faster then when you got it. I would say I do it every few days. I am a woman so I do it when hot...be careful as men get burnt easier really. I can pull stuff out of the oven with bare hands.

2clicker

Observer

i think there are some porous ceramic discs that you can buy and melt your EO into that. then put that in the stem. not sure about the sizes and all that.

ill do some looking and see what i can find. i remember reading something in the concentrate forum about these. i was thinking about those last night. if they work you can vape EOs in almost ANY vape.

*EDIT* something like these
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/concentrate-utensils/hsg-five-replacement-vapor-stones.html

there are more options tho. not sure about sizes. would be great to see Arizer have these made perfectly to fit in the Solo stems. makes sense to me.

Dreamerr

I think someone said either an eq or volcano disk but it has to be trimmed but not sure.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: 2clicker

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
Red this was in the INH thread and looks like it can work if we can find out the id and od. http://www.strawesome.com/classics-glass-straws/ I for one am real interested as it seems it will fit the INH if not straight might need a very small piece of tub on it to make it fit. Now as far as the solo I go with the NO2 tube and shove it in the glass part if I want the longer path. It fits perfect and I can leave the solo anywhere and the tube in mouth and just suck. No magic tricks required. If you are interested in further discussion PM me. You know I like things easy and mindless.

Been looking for a link like that!
GREAT FIND DREAMERR!:tup: THANKS!!!!
Haven't got a NO2 so wouldn't know what that would fit like but sounds great.
I found the flexible part very handy while laying down, like if you have to stay in bed.
Anything would be great to take away the harshness of the vape I guess.
My throat seems to be very sensitive.
When I started out vaping it was terrible, even worse than smoking.
Now, with the extension it gets easier and I am getting used to it.
It's a pity that the Solo doesn't come with anything like that.
Seems quite an improvement for users like me, having to lay down a lot.

*EDIT* something like these
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/concentrate-utensils/hsg-five-replacement-vapor-stones.html

there are more options tho. not sure about sizes. would be great to see Arizer have these made perfectly to fit in the Solo stems. makes sense to me.

Great find, the same thing is used in this.
Didn't realize they are that expensive.
As are these, oh my....I'd hate to break one of those!!!! LOL

Red Indy,
Reactions: 2clicker

Dreamerr

I don't have an NO2 either just the tubes hehe. I would love to know if those glass straws would fit as well that would be really kewl.

Dreamerr,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
I don't have an NO2 either just the tubes hehe. I would love to know if those glass straws would fit as well that would be really kewl.

The glass straw I use has much less diameter than the stock stem, that's why the plastic parts, to make it fit. (btw: it used to be a cocktail straw (bend) until it broke and left me with two straight parts which now both are used for this, one longer and one shorter part)
To be thin is one of their properties.
Didn't realize those things are so hard to find over here.
Maybe I have to look harder.....

Red Indy,

Dreamerr

Yep look harder and check out that website. I will be calling them eventually to find out the size of the glass. That would be so kewl to have a long glass straw that fit.

Edit: The straw people answered my email very quickly and showed me the page where the info is. I have to measure the ID of the solo stem unless one of you know it. I knew the INH off the top of my head and that is 6mm so I think the regular straw not pushed all the way down will work since it is 5.5. Here is the info.
Edit: I wrote to the straw people to see what the ID was so to see if we can use it for the solo or the INH. I think it just misses unless we add something. The INH I think will work with the smaller one the solo I bet now. Here is the info.
Skinny Straws (4 mm / 7 mm) are ideal for sipping cocktails and tea
Regular Straws (5.5 mm / 9.5 mm) are perfect for watery-type liquids such as juice and soda
Smoothie Straws (7.6 mm / 12 mm) work best for thicker drinks such as milkshakes and smoothies
Bubble Tea Straws (10 mm / 15 mm) are made to allow you to suck up those yummy tapioca balls in Bubble Tea

I forgot who found these but they are promising since there is a money back guarantee and it can be heated to 500 degrees. Here is there answer to the question "
As for the temperature you could stick these straws in a 500 degree oven and it would be fine.
When we make them they start in a 1,000 degree oven so there really is no temperature limit."

Dreamerr,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
A loose stem is a better option for the hit and remove technique, to allow the stem to not get too hot.

With a bong, you can use the loose stem to more easily remove it from the Solo to clear the hit.

I prefer the tight fit, but there are still advantages to a loose fit.

To clear a hit I have a hole on my bubbler to put my thumb on/off, much easier than lifting the unit, imho.

I can lift up the unit from the stem (the one I got when I bought my previous Solo)

Just after I got the new Solo that stem wouldn't fit in if still cold, when warm you still had to use some force.
But after some days of use it got less tight and by now it gets in really easy when taking it in use but it won't come loose that easy, so those 250grms of Solo can be lifted without the unit falling.
Specially with my new flexible extension and the way I use that, (laying on the bed) it is better that the stem has a tight fit.
Would it be possible to put something around the glass part sticking inside the unit, something like tinfoil, to make it fit more tight?
Or is there any other way without having to take things apart?

Yep look harder and check out that website. I will be calling them eventually to find out the size of the glass. That would be so kewl to have a long glass straw that fit."

Just can't seem to find any Dutch sites with similar straws to sell.
But I will keep on looking.
I guess my straw has a diameter of 0.7 cm.
Having a long stem really does the trick for getting a cooler vape and it might be that having less diameter cools the vapor as well.
I have read somewhere down this thread that there are people having elongated Solo stems custom made, I think that was from PV.
That would be too costly for me so I'd rather stick with simple home made solutions...:science:

Red Indy,

AWC

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

I had the same issue on a few stems i got from "VapoShop"

I purchased these o-rings on amazon, they work PERFECTLY

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0032U0N8O

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
you unscrew the top....I use the back of a tweezer and push hard to make it flat again...easy...it doesn't get loose all that fast just faster then when you got it. I would say I do it every few days. I am a woman so I do it when hot...be careful as men get burnt easier really. I can pull stuff out of the oven with bare hands.

I'm a chef - I can hold shit that is super hot too.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So ... I got the PS2 slim adapter and boy it seems like the worst PSU I've ever seen!

Gosh it feels so hollow and you can hear it moving inside...I will take it to the lab but I'd probably throw it and get the proper one from PV.

Dreamerr

To clear a hit I have a hole on my bubbler to put my thumb on/off, much easier than lifting the unit, imho.

I can lift up the unit from the stem (the one I got when I bought my previous Solo)

Just after I got the new Solo that stem wouldn't fit in if still cold, when warm you still had to use some force.
But after some days of use it got less tight and by now it gets in really easy when taking it in use but it won't come loose that easy, so those 250grms of Solo can be lifted without the unit falling.
Specially with my new flexible extension and the way I use that, (laying on the bed) it is better that the stem has a tight fit.
Would it be possible to put something around the glass part sticking inside the unit, something like tinfoil, to make it fit more tight?
Or is there any other way without having to take things apart?

Just can't seem to find any Dutch sites with similar straws to sell.
But I will keep on looking.
I guess my straw has a diameter of 0.7 cm.
Having a long stem really does the trick for getting a cooler vape and it might be that having less diameter cools the vapor as well.
I have read somewhere down this thread that there are people having elongated Solo stems custom made, I think that was from PV.
That would be too costly for me so I'd rather stick with simple home made solutions...:science:

They have europe. Look at retailers and it has a list. If you can find it I will find it for you. I think no issue with this for the INH although not a perfect fit it should work. With the solo it has to go in the hole which makes it harder to be the right size. I am USA so have trouble with mm but it seems to be 12 od but the straw is 12.7 and the smaller one will wiggle. So first I thought how are we going to put a screen in...ok bigger and dome and it should stay good enough. Then how to make it tighter...I figured maybe the solo straight stem and this either bigger or smaller then the ID to fit it either in it or on the outside of existing stem. I can see it working. Now in a cup this would be great. I may order the two on clearance to see what we are dealing with. They are not clear either more stealth. If not I have two kewl straws to drink with. I like glass stuff. I just replaced most of my containers and stuff with pyrex.

I give...man or woman be careful when fixing the retainer ring...it is HOT. :D

Dreamerr,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
I had the same issue on a few stems i got from "VapoShop"

I purchased these o-rings on amazon, they work PERFECTLY

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0032U0N8O

G r e a t

They have europe. Look at retailers and it has a list. If you can find it I will find it for you. I think no issue with this for the INH although not a perfect fit it should work. With the solo it has to go in the hole which makes it harder to be the right size. I am USA so have trouble with mm but it seems to be 12 od but the straw is 12.7 and the smaller one will wiggle. So first I thought how are we going to put a screen in...ok bigger and dome and it should stay good enough. Then how to make it tighter...I figured maybe the solo straight stem and this either bigger or smaller then the ID to fit it either in it or on the outside of existing stem. I can see it working. Now in a cup this would be great. I may order the two on clearance to see what we are dealing with. They are not clear either more stealth. If not I have two kewl straws to drink with. I like glass stuff. I just replaced most of my containers and stuff with pyrex.

I give...man or woman be careful when fixing the retainer ring...it is HOT. :D

;) The Amethyst one looks a w e s o m e!
0.7mm = 0.0275591 inch, inner diameter, just a guess as I have nothing to measure it with exactly.

Red Indy,
Top Bottom