Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Any hardware store has O-rings as well. Just don't get cheap ones so they don't melt. It shouldn't be an issue.

Hey can any of you Non USA people or people who can do metric measure OD and ID on the solo stem both the top and the bottom please cause they are different.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Red Indy

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Any hardware store has O-rings as well. Just don't get cheap ones so they don't melt. It shouldn't be an issue.

Hey can any of you Non USA people or people who can do metric measure OD and ID on the solo stem both the top and the bottom please cause they are different.

I would help but I failed that class :p

mvapes,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

why don't you convert from US units?

vorrange,

2clicker

Observer
I was told these are the correct O rings to use around the stem/under the cap for loose stems:
http://www.amazon.com/Danco-11-O-Ri...TF8&colid=347LC4A6UYZBC&coliid=I2MNX6W6Y9YKNG

so any #11 oring will work as long as its high temp. ill bet mcmastercarr would have #11s in many flavors.

can someone post a pic of where the oring goes on the stem? does it go down into the heat chamber or stay near the top where the Solo ring is at? :shrug: my stems are way too loose already after less than 2 weeks of use. if an oring will keep em stable then im all in for it.

Great find, the same thing is used in this.
Didn't realize they are that expensive.
As are these, oh my....I'd hate to break one of those!!!! LOL

here you can get them individually.
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/health-stone-glass-replacement-vapor-stone.html

2clicker,

Dreamerr

Thanks, I tried and want to make sure. What I did is I have one regular, one smoothie, and one tea straw in the cart. The first two were in clearance. I want to see if I can doohickie them but don't want to pay full price just yet. I had to pay full for the tea one. I think 6" would be better but none on clearance that was in stock. So I ended up with the long 8". Let me know what you think when you look at the size of the solo and if you have the INH and the straw sizes. http://www.strawesome.com/designs.html TIA

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

I think it stays on the top of the other one clicker. I have not done it but that would be my guess. Put it in and screw the top back on. If I am wrong someone will chime in.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
you just unscrew the cap from the solo, insert your stem into the heat chamber (cold), drop the O ring down onto the stem, put the solo cap back on, over the stem and O ring, and it will sandwich the O ring between the teflon ring and the cap. The stem keeps the O ring centered while you screw the cap down. Once your cap is back on, you can remove the stem. You will now have a tighter hole :lol: for your loose stems.

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
Thanks, I tried and want to make sure. What I did is I have one regular, one smoothie, and one tea straw in the cart. The first two were in clearance. I want to see if I can doohickie them but don't want to pay full price just yet. I had to pay full for the tea one. I think 6" would be better but none on clearance that was in stock. So I ended up with the long 8". Let me know what you think when you look at the size of the solo and if you have the INH and the straw sizes. http://www.strawesome.com/designs.html TIA

Still not much luck finding glass straws over here!
All those Dutch sites only sell the plastic ones :(

you just unscrew the cap from the solo, insert your stem into the heat chamber (cold), drop the O ring down onto the stem, put the solo cap back on, over the stem and O ring, and it will sandwich the O ring between the teflon ring and the cap. The stem keeps the O ring centered while you screw the cap down. Once your cap is back on, you can remove the stem. You will now have a tighter hole :lol: for your loose stems.

Thank you from me as well, great explanation!
Now I need to get that ring somehow....

I do have one that came out of one of those Vaporgenies I got (that thing never worked).
What can I use it for icw. the Solo????

Red Indy,

HSIHP

If only it were that easy....

:dog:
too far?

I tend to like my stems loose but then again I am nowhere but my couch when I use it so there is no chance of them breaking. My straight stock stem is still pretty snug though.

HSIHP,

2clicker

Observer
I do have one that came out of one of those Vaporgenies I got (that thing never worked).
What can I use it for icw. the Solo????

well the idea would be that you can vape EO by itself w/out need for a flower sandwich. i suppose you would put the porous disk into the Solo stem. then melt your EO into the disk. then use your Solo like normal.

someone in the concentrates forum was talking about using one in their SSV or DBV wand i believe. should work for the Solo as well i would think. only issue may be getting the disk to fit into the stem. cant say how hard it is to trim them down if needed.

i would totally get one and try it, but ive got other tools for EO so its unlikely.

2clicker,

Dreamerr

The point is the straws are longer and glass so if they can work you will have much cooler vapor on the go. If it fits and a screen can be wedged in I think it will be good. I dunno...but you all mod everything and this is the first thing I even wanted to try or at least rattle around my empty head. Do you think it won't work?

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
well the idea would be that you can vape EO by itself w/out need for a flower sandwich. i suppose you would put the porous disk into the Solo stem. then melt your EO into the disk. then use your Solo like normal.

someone in the concentrates forum was talking about using one in their SSV or DBV wand i believe. should work for the Solo as well i would think. only issue may be getting the disk to fit into the stem. cant say how hard it is to trim them down if needed.

i would totally get one and try it, but ive got other tools for EO so its unlikely.

The thing is very light and porous, you might have a hard time adjusting the size because it looks like it will break easily. (since it is glass)
If you think that might be worth it you should try but I remain skeptical about the outcome of this.
I hardly ever use oils but I think a cotton would do the trick more easily with the Solo than this glass disk.
Anyway, I got one of these disks and am not likely to use it again so if there is anybody out there who needs it: you can contact me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all those Chinese out there!!!! :smug:

Red Indy,

Curiousone

Just wanted to give a bit of an update...I've had my Solo for around 2-3 weeks. Not exactly sure, lol. Anyway, I've grown to like it more and more everyday. I've found that I can use on setting 4...when it cuts off I can run on setting 5. When it cuts off, I can then run on setting 7! I can run the same stem for 3 freaking times!! I get effective vape from each stem.

Props to dreammr as I remember you telling me something to this effect before I purchased. I thought it was too good to be true, but nope. .10g can give at least 2 sessions, often 3! I usually add a bit of abv to fill it out completely. I generally stir a bit because I use moist, small, nugged material. Stirring allows me to break it down further after each sesh. I've also found that metal screens purchased from the LHS keeps pieces out of my mouth and stem. I trim and dome them, then use it convex style. I love it!

My use has dropped dramatically...and I've truly f'ed combustion from the day I got it. Seriously, I turned down a blunt offered by my smoking partner. That just doesn't happen, lol.

EDIT: I want to use hot milk to reclaim from my amber stem...I think it was Vorrange who said be prepared for a LONG ride. Just curious, what can I expect? it's pretty amber!

Peace

vape4life

Banned for life
Does anyone know the size of PV's screens for the Solo? I just purchased 1/2" screens and I hope the are an okay fit... I also see 3/8" screens, maybe too small? I hope 1/2" is good, i've got 100 of them coming! lol

vape4life,

Curiousone

^ From what I've seen most people seem to use 1/2" screens with stock or PV stem. 1/2" is a bit too big but closest and easiest to find. What I use.

Some trim, some dome, some trim and dome. This is just from my exp. and what I remember reading...

Curiousone,
Reactions: vape4life
Top Bottom