Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Yea most shops you give money to will exchanged them if not they aren't very nice. So going local is always better.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Red Indy

arrr

Do all the new solo's come with a ceramic bowl or are they still selling stainless?

arrr,

olivianewtonjohn

I just received my solo but I dont get whats the issue. I turned the sound off by holding the up arrow. Now when I turn it on using both buttons the idle lights up and I can adjust the levels. The issue is when I hold both arrows to turn it off idle blinks and then goes away. I then let go and idle lights up again.

EDIT: after idle stops being lit I let go. About a second later the idle lights up again

olivianewtonjohn,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
it took me a while to figure that out, mine kept powering back on too, from holding the buttons too long. Glad i could help :)

jambandphan03,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
My previous question got buried really fast so since I got just one reaction I thought I'd ask you guys once more to give your views/opinions on having a stem that's too loose and doesn't fit well.

Watch this video please and share your insights with me!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Red Indy,

olivianewtonjohn

My previous question got buried really fast so since I got just one reaction I thought I'd ask you guys once more to give your views/opinions on having a stem that's too loose and doesn't fit well.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Thats riduclous. Can you return it? I guess you can make do but I would be paranoid of it falling out.

olivianewtonjohn,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
Thats riduclous. Can you return it? I guess you can make do but I would be paranoid of it falling out.

Thanks for your reply!
That's exactly what I was thinking!
It might work like that but there always is the danger of it falling out of the unit some way, it just doesn't seem very safe.
I will contact the shop I bought it from, it was from Azarius in Holland, they are the same as Vaposhop.

VAPORIZER22

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

That does seem like they are looser than my stock stems. When I put the stock stems in with the solo cold, I am able to hold the solo upside down and they do not fall out. If I do the same with the solo on, once it warms up they fall out. None of my stems, stock or PVHES, fit tight enough to stay in the solo if I hold it upside down once its warm. Have you tried using it yet? I think they might provide you with better airflow if you are interested in that at all. If they do not fit your needs I would see if they could exchange it for another and hopefully it will fit better.

VAPORIZER22,

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
FLEXIBLE STEM EXTENSION EVOLVED!!!

Remember my flexible stem extension?
Well, after I found a piece of a broken lighter, a flexible metal part, I saw a new idea for my flexible stem extension.
So some (food grade) plastic, which can shrink as well as widen when made warm with a lighter, holds the pieces together.
Parts are easily removed for cleaning.
So, if this ignited your creativity, show me what ideas you out there came up with for having a comfortable vape!!!

EDIT:
The extension helps getting a cooler vape.

With the standard stem I had problems with vape being too hot for my throat and giving problems, the extension seems to take away this problem, maybe because of the longer path the air has to flow and getting in the extension part, which has less diameter than the tube it came from.
The vape comes out quite cool this way, no harshness anymore.

So, if this ignited your creativity, show me what ideas you out there came up with for having a comfortable vape!!!

What was used is:
The standard Solo stem, food grade plastic tubing, the flexible part of a gas lighter and a glass drinking straw (some of those long lighters used with a kitchen stove, have a flexible part for where the flame comes out), the diameter is almost the same as the glass drinking straw used, so less than the standard stem.
The plastic will fit over the flexible part and the straw and INTO the standard Solo stem.​

Red Indy,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Thanks for your reply!
That's exactly what I was thinking!
It might work like that but there always is the danger of it falling out of the unit some way, it just doesn't seem very safe.
I will contact the shop I bought it from, it was from Azarius in Holland, they are the same as Vaposhop.

A loose stem is a better option for the hit and remove technique, to allow the stem to not get too hot.

With a bong, you can use the loose stem to more easily remove it from the Solo to clear the hit.

I prefer the tight fit, but there are still advantages to a loose fit.

vape4life

Banned for life
I'd prefer the loose one, and i've had dozens and they all eventually fit loose. As mentioned when cold, they stuck, but as soon as that teflon ring heats up and "moves" it's game over. As Dreamerr alluded to, you can reset the ring to make it tighter, but it will just loosen real quick. That tight stem seemed "too tight" (giggity!) and would be a pain for airflow IMO. The loose stem allows you to rock and manipulate the airflow to create very comfortable hits.

Red Indy

Low carbon PSYCHONAUT
I'd prefer the loose one, and i've had dozens and they all eventually fit loose. As mentioned when cold, they stuck, but as soon as that teflon ring heats up and "moves" it's game over. As Dreamerr alluded to, you can reset the ring to make it tighter, but it will just loosen real quick. That tight stem seemed "too tight" (giggity!) and would be a pain for airflow IMO. The loose stem allows you to rock and manipulate the airflow to create very comfortable hits.

It looked tight (in the video) because it wasn't warm, when it is on temperature it will fit in with less pressure but won't fall out like the new one does.
To adjust on airflow I found that lifting up the (tight) stem just a few millimeters from the bottom of the heating element, leaving more room for those 4 small holes on the side, will improve airflow enough to get a full vape.
I never want to go for these thick milky clouds because my throat just won't take that without giving me lots of problems, so for me just moderate clouds.
They still do the trick, no matter how thick they will be!!!!
And the new extension is keeping them cool and smooth!!!

ehakim

FLEXIBLE STEM EXTENSION EVOLVED!!!

Remember my flexible stem extension?
Well, after I found a piece of a broken lighter, a flexible metal part, I saw a new idea for my flexible stem extension.
So some (food grade) plastic, which can shrink as well as widen when made warm with a lighter, holds the pieces together.
Parts are easily removed for cleaning.

EDIT:
The extension helps getting a cooler vape.

With the standard stem I had problems with vape being too hot for my throat and giving problems, the extension seems to take away this problem, maybe because of the longer path the air has to flow and getting in the extension part, which has less diameter than the tube it came from.
The vape comes out quite cool this way, no harshness anymore.

What was used is:
The standard Solo stem, food grade plastic tubing, the flexible part of a gas lighter and a glass drinking straw (some of those long lighters used with a kitchen stove, have a flexible part for where the flame comes out), the diameter is almost the same as the glass drinking straw used, so less than the standard stem.
The plastic will fit over the flexible part and the straw and INTO the standard Solo stem.​

Looks like Storz & Bickel made a portable PLENTY lol

ehakim,

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
LOL my n00bness shows. They really need to make a better manual.
I had difficulty at first with this as well, but used it with the sound on for a little while to get used to how long I needed to press the buttons in to turn unit on/off...now that I have the hang of it I leave the sound off for more stealthiness.. Have woken individuals up in my bed when sound was accidentally still on..

Walked up to coffee shop this AM, sessioned 2 stems on my walk, passed many individuals who didn't even turn their heads at what I was doing... Needed a charge though after last nights sessions/my walk this morning :)
22d0fbe1dbd120e374a7a6c38114dc44_zps698b2575.jpg

ehakim

Any one around here use their solo for oils or waxes? So far ive been able to vape but not without making a stick mess or have the solo upside down (vape bonging) and they're always has to a layer a herb to prevent it melting into the stem or heater, is there anyway to vape oils/ waxes on their own in the solo ( i tried the cotton technique and didn't like it) or should I just invest In a vape specifically for concentrates

ehakim,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Any one around here use their solo for oils or waxes? So far ive been able to vape but not without making a stick mess or have the solo upside down (vape bonging) and they're always has to a layer a herb to prevent it melting into the stem or heater, is there anyway to vape oils/ waxes on their own in the solo ( i tried the cotton technique and didn't like it) or should I just invest In a vape specifically for concentrates

Just use the Solo upside down, if you don't want to spend money on a oil specific unit.

vorrange,

ehakim

^^ if I don't put it on a bed of herbs it just melts into the screen and makes a big mess

ehakim,
Top Bottom