Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
so why did you have bad battery life? Maybe I missed the post that you explained that in?

I complained at the beginning that my battery life was bad. You all advised me it can go to blue and still have juice. So I of course went with all of you cause you are normally correct. It just so happened this time it wasn't true and my battery was more then likely broken from the beginning. The other day it wouldn't turn on except for the 7 and the blue and went right off. If I plugged it in it just cycle lights and beeps also the 7 and the blue. Since it wasn't working at all I sent it back to be checked out. It was suggested before it got there that it might be the charger so send that in as well. I sent back both parts and it was a faulty battery. I hope this clears stuff up.

This is a compilation of the posts since I got it about the solo about the battery.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo
I complained at the beginning that my battery life was bad. You all advised me it can go to blue and still have juice. So I of course went with all of you cause you are normally correct. It just so happened this time it wasn't true and my battery was more then likely broken from the beginning. The other day it wouldn't turn on except for the 7 and the blue and went right off. If I plugged it in it just cycle lights and beeps also the 7 and the blue. Since it wasn't working at all I sent it back to be checked out. It was suggested before it got there that it might be the charger so send that in as well. I sent back both parts and it was a faulty battery. I hope this clears stuff up.

This is a compilation of the posts since I got it about the solo about the battery.
I'm assuming going to blue means the light on the solo and no others on the numbers lit up right? Before it did that how many stems did you get in before it "went to blue" and it stopped working?

VapeNStone,

Dreamerr

When the battery died? I finished charging...all the lights came on when I went to heat as it was suppose to. I guess you did miss the post the other day...anyhow, I starting using it and it just stopped heating during the first stem after full charge. So after that you are correct...it was just the blue light on the bottom and the 7 light. No other lights lite up. If I plugged it in again same two lights no other lights and it would just cycle those two lights when plugged and beep. If I left it in it would keep doing it.

Dreamerr,

musicisevil

Just a side note. When the solo is frozen (left in the car at work in Alaska) it will not power on. You will get a beep, blue light with no numbers a then nothing. Once warmed up it will indicate battery and work normally again with a lengthy heat up time ;)

musicisevil,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Sorry man, my bad, get well.
it's cool! I'm new to the 420 law so I'm learning all over again. Vaporizing is good science.
I have been struggling with health issues these past few years. Medical Marijuana is the best most natural medicine for me. Marijuana makes me calm however many people are so up tight on this site. I thought marijauna made people mellow? It makes me kind for some reason? Am I suppose to be mean from medical marijuana?

ataxian,
When the battery died? I finished charging...all the lights came on when I went to heat as it was suppose to. I guess you did miss the post the other day...anyhow, I starting using it and it just stopped heating during the first stem after full charge. So after that you are correct...it was just the blue light on the bottom and the 7 light. No other lights lite up. If I plugged it in again same two lights no other lights and it would just cycle those two lights when plugged and beep. If I left it in it would keep doing it.
I'm saying before it died. Or did you not ever get use of a full charge?

VapeNStone,

natural farmer

it's cool! I'm new to the 420 law so I'm learning all over again. Vaporizing is good science.
I have been struggling with health issues these past few years. Medical Marijuana is the best most natural medicine for me. Marijuana makes me calm however many people are so up tight on this site. I thought marijauna made people mellown? It makes me kind for some reason? Am I suppose to be mean from medical marijuana?

Of course mj calms people down but a weed can't make up for all the shit in the world. We leave in un-natural environments so our psychology will be abnormal. Mj helps but no miracles mate...

natural farmer,

MrNorml

I have an eds stem and do get a kind of scratchy feeling when I insert and remove it from my solo. That being said though, there is no visible damage.

Here's an unrelated question. Whilst I await the much wanted pvhes gong adaptors I was thinking of shortening one of my current pvhes stems using my butane torch. Should it be a pretty simple heat up(a lot) then snap? Maybe mark it with a file first?
Cheers
Go on Youtube and see how to use a square file (which is triangular!) to score, then spit on it and twist to separate. Or consider a Drexel. But yes, you should be able to simply score and cut to get a shorter stem. Good luck.

MrNorml,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm a
Of course mj calms people down but a weed can't make up for all the shit in the world. We leave in un-natural environments so our psychology will be abnormal. Mj helps but no miracles mate...

People in conflict!
The way you handle this conflict determines ones success in life.

My SOLO puts me in "GANDHI MODE"!
MJ helps me so I'll take the miracle.
With my arm surgery the doctor gave me heaps of pain killers.
My PERSEI for wax and my SOLO for flowers actually works better in my case than conventional medicine.

No pills taken!

OG Kush + Keif + Wax = good medicine.

ataxian,

MrNorml

whats so special about eds stem and the pvhes stem except for the little 'triangles' being cut out of the glass at the botom of the bowl? Couldn't this the achieved with a file on the stock stems?

Also, is there any alternative to the passtrough charger, it's just a 'simple' 9v power cord that fits or am i missing something?

Also, for the people that complain about the bowl size, how big is it compared to a DBV bowl? I used to load mine up 1/3rd for private use, will i be able to fit this in the solo stems? And if you're not happy with the amount you can load up, couldn't you just vape at a higher temp so you can clear 2, maybe even 3 bowls in a 12 min session? I realize it won't taste as nice, but well, after the first x amount of pulls most of the taste is gone anyway.

How many puffs do you guys get on average from a full solo bowl?
Ed's - are not glass and so won't break which is a huge thing. Bigger bowl too, but I find I have to kick the temp up quite a bit since apparently metal is harder to warm up than glass (?). I also have figured that a single bowl (stock Solo glass) thru water gives really several good hits and while last summer I was loading like 2-3 bowls at a session, I now use a single load thru water. I do tend to overdo it though and repeat my process excessively... Guess what I'm trying to say is a single stock stem will do the trick if you have the self-control to stop. I don't have that self-control so do as I say not as I do, but there is a bit of self-control at work here.

I have an eds stem and do get a kind of scratchy feeling when I insert and remove it from my solo. That being said though, there is no visible damage.

Here's an unrelated question. Whilst I await the much wanted pvhes gong adaptors I was thinking of shortening one of my current pvhes stems using my butane torch. Should it be a pretty simple heat up(a lot) then snap? Maybe mark it with a file first?
Cheers

Original stem
Old11.jpg

Changed (fixed) stem.

New55.jpg

Not sure if images show differences clearly.

This is what I wrote to Ed. His response was very fine.

"Your product is beautiful the wood work is really fine. The bog wood is great and the inclusion of the carbon dating was a real plus. Never seen
one before.

I have though quite a few problems with the metalwork such that I will not be using the product until it is fixed. I am able to fix it but if this
if this is just anomaly I would rather see a different version from you.

It has very sharp surface. The end is sharp enough that it would cut through a pocket. In fact it seems that has been fashioned (chamfered) to enhance
the sharpness. I believe this instrument should not be sharp and that the end should have the sharpness removed. From studying the Arizer and
how the glass stems work I don't see how the sharpness if functional.

You can feel the machining along the surface of the main barrel. The main barrel is 2/1000 greater in diameter than the glass . Even though this in itself
is not a real problem. The fact that the surface is rough means it acts like sandpaper on the Arizer. We noticed that one use of the stem caused the
glass stems to not fit as well. I believe the surface of this should be as smooth as the glass that it is replacing. I also believe that the use
of the stem in its current condition would erode the sophisticated seal/o-ring not sure exactly what it is of the Arizer. There seems to
be adequate metal to be able to make this surface polished like a mirror.

Third point.The pin which attaches the metal to the wood is not really finished very well. It looks like it has just been cut and there is not
much of an attempt to make a very finished join. This is aesthetics but such a beautiful product I believe should have more attention to detail."

Some notes after the repair was made:

Main barrel was probably 4/1000 larger than the glass.
The Arizer O-Ring is black and probably should be brown (high temperature). Brown O-Rings
are more expensive only by a few cents. Destroyed O-Rings can be replaced without alot of
difficulty.
The main barrel was probably made from aluminum tubing which by manufacture is made
very hard. All problems would have probably been averted if the aluminum was annealed down
to a 0 hardness. Then the tube could have been singly passed smooth using a finishing
tool instead of the pointed tool that was used.
The wood part of the product also had a pretty sharp end which we rounded to take off
the sharpness.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
I now use a single load thru water. I do tend to overdo it though and repeat my process excessively... Guess what I'm trying to say is a single stock stem will do the trick if you have the self-control to stop. I don't have that self-control so do as I say not as I do, but there is a bit of self-control at work here.

I couldn't agree with this more. It's so easy to just keep packing stems unless I really exercise my will power.

Dreamerr

I'm saying before it died. Or did you not ever get use of a full charge?

Please ask me direct questions in a list as it seems like something is getting lost in translating. I will try to answer again if not do the questions.
  1. I got my solo fully charged it, yes it charged
  2. I used it but bitched about the battery life not being so hot(about 6 stems on a charge)
  3. I used it for a little more then a week fully charging each day because the battery life sucked.
  4. I fully charged went to use it and it died on the first stem before the stem was done 6 mins maybe
  5. Plugged it in and had the beeping issues, won't charge can't use
I hope this clears it up vapeNstone...if not please ask me specific questions so I can answer yes or no. I would love to know why sometimes I am not being clear although I think I am. It would help me a lot since I thought I have said everything you have asked in the last day in previous posts. This as happened before with others so I need to figure this out.

Dreamerr,

Monti

Hi,
first sorry for my bad language skills...im lurking here for a while to find the first and best vapo for myself.
Just a short question... i read something on fc about the VapeXhale Cloud with the nice hydratubes and ask myself if something similar is available for Arizer solo. Thank you very much.

Monti,

JDR

Right now i start at 2 and stay there until i only exhale a wisp of vapour, then i up to 3, usually when i get to 5 there almost nothing left and the material is not even brown yet.

For those new to the solo, the above sentence is the perfect summary of the core solo technique. There are million ways to use the solo (ok, slightly less than a million). But if there is a "right" way to do it, that sentence describes it. The main point is that you get plenty of tasty vapor at 2 or 3. Don't move on until you use it up.

JDR

JDR,
Reactions: Crumpet

JDR

Hi,
first sorry for my bad language skills...im lurking here for a while to find the first and best vapo for myself.
Just a short question... i read something on fc about the VapeXhale Cloud with the nice hydratubes and ask myself if something similar is available for Arizer solo. Thank you very much.

I asked this last question myself not too long ago. You may want to scroll through some of my posts...luckily I don't have that many. :) The answer is yes, I believe planetvape or somebody is working on it.

Also, as a substitute and as kind of a joke, I actually stuck an ashcatcher on my GonG adapter and drew using an MFLB whip making a hand held bubbler. Nice hit, no?

JDR

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hi,

You can now buy HT alone but it cost a lot so I think its better to get the whole package and use the HT for both vaporizers...but a mini HT will arrive in the future...that would be perfect for me as I'm looking to shorten my setup

In other news, I tried the stock stem and pulled it a bit ... it worked good enough to convince me to take it to Amsterdam and avoid any problems :)

m0sh,

Monti

You can now buy HT alone but it cost a lot so I think its better to get the whole package and use the HT for both vaporizers...but a mini HT will arrive in the future...that would be perfect for me as I'm looking to shorten my setup
Thanks m0sh that sounds interesting... I read something that the cheapest "HT alone" costs 250$ is that correct? Thats really a lot, but does these HT fit on the Arizer solo or is there any adapter necessary?
In Germany the VapeXhale Cloud package costs about 570 $ thats also a little to much for me :\
I think the arizer solo is a good first vap for me (price here in germany about 240$ :cry: ) and wait if a mini HT is possible to buy for me.

... You may want to scroll through some of my posts...luckily I don't have that many...
thanks...found the post...fbomb from planetvape, im curios about it.

Monti,

thesoloman

hey my friend is getting a new solo to replace his old M-103, whats the latest model number? M-???
and how do they compair to a M-106,7 any issues? thanks

thesoloman,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The new units are no longer given the same coding. They appear to be functioning very consistently.
I've used 104, 107, 108, M1d2, M1a1 and from there the numerical system got untraceable!....... units m108 and on seem to function the same.

Vitolo,

MrNorml

The new units are no longer given the same coding. They appear to be functioning very consistently.
I've used 104, 107, 108, M1d2, M1a1 and from there the numerical system got untraceable!....... units m108 and on seem to function the same.
I have a suspicion that the numbering changed because of all the complaints of "I orderred one and got a 106 when someone else got a 107 and I wanted the newest one" so now it is basically not practical to compare versions and bitch about getting an 'older' one.

I have a broken arm and just had surgery.
I'm not excited.
Just handicapped.
Single peck typing!

I can empathize, I recently underwent surgery after shattering my elbow. Lol, 'single peck typing' brings me back.

Thanks m0sh that sounds interesting... I read something that the cheapest "HT alone" costs 250$ is that correct? Thats really a lot, but does these HT fit on the Arizer solo or is there any adapter necessary?
In Germany the VapeXhale Cloud package costs about 570 $ thats also a little to much for me :\
I think the arizer solo is a good first vap for me (price here in germany about 240$ :cry: ) and wait if a mini HT is possible to buy for me.
PlanetVape is coming out with their PVH20 adapter for the Solo, which from the description sounds like it will be something between an Aqua Vape and an HT. The release is still TBD.

kingofnull,

HSIHP

I can empathize, I recently underwent surgery after shattering my elbow. Lol, 'single peck typing' brings me back.

PlanetVape is coming out with their PVH20 adapter for the Solo, which from the description sounds like it will be something between an Aqua Vape and an HT. The release is still TBD.

I would be very interested in the PVH2O! I was looking at the aqua vape too but it seemed a bit pricey not to mention with the whole debacle with vaporfection, I may have to wait for this.

HSIHP,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

my SOLO's are so much better than my first vape (MAGIC LUNCH BOX) It was good at first however out grew it really fast. For waxes the PERSEI is very satisfying.

Today I get a smaller cast.

I'll watch out for the "PVH20".

Kind regards!

ataxian,
Top Bottom