Arizer Solo

VaporGuy

Lets Get Baked
Allow me to introduce my tweaked Ed's wooden stem. I have managed to have a glass tubing inserted snugly in the wooden stem which would allow easy cleaning of the stem (the glass insert) and reclaim the resin. I left approx. 8mm of the glass insert sticking out to facilitate easy removal of the glass tubing for cleaning.

ed1q.jpg
ed2y.jpg

ed3f.jpg
ed4m.jpg
ed5a.jpg

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Allow me to introduce my tweaked Ed's wooden stem. I have managed to have a glass tubing inserted snugly in the wooden stem which would allow easy cleaning of the stem (the glass insert) and reclaim the resin. I left approx. 8mm of the glass insert sticking out to facilitate easy removal of the glass tubing for cleaning.

ed1q.jpg
ed2y.jpg

ed3f.jpg
ed4m.jpg
ed5a.jpg
WOW!!! :bowdown:

mmenzie,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
It has no effect on airflow at all

And why should it?
Vaporguy, looking good!
I suggested this to Ed a while ago and it seems like you read my mind...still tho it could break /;
But I'm more than willing to try it out!

m0sh,

VaporGuy

Lets Get Baked
It narrows the airpath, creating more restriction.
the notches on the metal part of the wooden stem already provides more than adequate air flow, compared with the original glass stem that comes with the Solo. Personally I haven't felt any air flow restriction.

VaporGuy,

ed3f.jpg
ed5a.jpg

That's a great mod!

kingofnull,

VaporGuy

Lets Get Baked
now you just need to tell us where to acquire the glass stem!
I bought the glass tube from one of the head shops on my recent trip to Amsterdam, but AMAZON sells clear Borosilicate glas tubingsof different OD (outside diameters) :
http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Glass-T...8&qid=1352790951&sr=8-1&keywords=glass+tubing
The glass tube outside diameter which was the closest to the internal diameter of the wooden stem is 8mm, this is slightly bigger than the internal diameter of the wood stem so I had to use a tubular file to enlarge the internal dia of the wooden stem just enough to make the glass tube fit snugly.

m0sh

I bought the glass tube from one of the head shops on my recent trip to Amsterdam, but AMAZON sells clear Borosilicate glas tubingsof different OD (outside diameters) :
http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Glass-Tubing-inches-Length/dp/B003UEQUF2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352790951&sr=8-1&keywords=glass tubing
The glass tube outside diameter which was the closest to the internal diameter of the wooden stem is 8mm, this is slightly bigger than the internal diameter of the wood stem so I had to use a tubular file to enlarge the internal dia of the wooden stem just enough to make the glass tube fit snugly.

Hey man I'm going to amsterdam in 4 days!, this is superb and I would love to try this
Can you tell me the exact name or address of this shop? also did u try attaching this to a bong ?

m0sh,
Reactions: Vitolo

VaporGuy

Lets Get Baked
Hey man I'm going to amsterdam in 4 days!, this is superb and I would love to try this
Can you tell me the exact name or address of this shop? also did u try attaching this to a bong ?
I can't recall the name of the shop but its one of the souvenir shops on Nieuwendijk and by the way many of the souvenir shops on this road that sell pipes and grinders and such also sell same type of glass tubing. The price range varies from 5 -10 Euros of exactly the same item so you have to shop around and try to get a deal on buying 3 or 4 pieces (good to have spares just in case you break one) and one more thing try to get the amber glass I think it looks better with wood that the clear one.
As far as attaching the mod stem to a bong yes i did and there in no problem.

VaporGuy,

m0sh

I can't recall the name of the shop but its one of the souvenir shops on Nieuwendijk and by the way many of the souvenir shops on this road that sell pipes and grinders and such also sell same type of glass tubing. The price range varies from 5 -10 Euros of exactly the same item so you have to shop around and try to get a deal on buying 3 or 4 pieces (good to have spares just in case you break one) and one more thing try to get the amber glass I think it looks better with wood that the clear one.
As far as attaching the mod stem to a bong yes i did and there in no problem.

Cheers mate, I would love to be keep being able to attach it to my 14mm-18mm reducer but it should be a problem...

Well I will just go to a random shop I guess, cheers and thanks for that! because I can clean my wood stem and be relaxed at the airport security :)

m0sh,

VaporGuy

Lets Get Baked
Cheers mate, I would love to be keep being able to attach it to my 14mm-18mm reducer but it should be a problem...

Well I will just go to a random shop I guess, cheers and thanks for that! because I can clean my wood stem and be relaxed at the airport security :)
my exact sentiment. This idea came to me when I first received Ed's black wood stem and as I was examining it I was thinking to myself how to properly clean the wooden stem which is a very porous material and can be very difficult to remove the residues of vaping and as you mentioned it can be a cause of panic when going thru airport security. I also mentioned the idea to Ed who said he would think about it. Anyway, I've done it and I like it. By the way, since you'll be going to A'dam check out "BABA Souvenir Shop" on Warmoesstraat. although the name says "souvenir" its a specialized head shop and IMO the best head shop you could find in A'dam with very helpful staff. Cheers mate :tup:

m0sh

my exact sentiment. This idea came to me when I first received Ed's black wood stem and as I was examining it I was thinking to myself how to properly clean the wooden stem which is a very porous material and can be very difficult to remove the residues of vaping and as you mentioned it can be a cause of panic when going thru airport security. I also mentioned the idea to Ed who said he would think about it. Anyway, I've done it and I like it. By the way, since you'll be going to A'dam check out "BABA Souvenir Shop" on Warmoesstraat. although the name says "souvenir" its a specialized head shop and IMO the best head shop you could find in A'dam with very helpful staff. Cheers mate :tup:
chhers mate! i will be staying at the same street for my trip ;) the times before i even had an apartnent at warmoesstraat

m0sh,

VaporGuy

Lets Get Baked
Very nice mod there VaporGuy, you did good!
Thanks Ed. Initially I thought of making the flared end of the glass tubing flush with the tip of the wood stem to minimize the likelihood of the glass breaking if it falls, but that meant it would be sort of a permanent fix. I would be able to clean it though with iso but would not be able to pull the glass out and retrieve the resin so I decided to go with the protruded glass setup and if it falls and crack the glass I can always pull it out and replace it.

VaporGuy,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

m0sh

Thanks Ed. Initially I thought of making the flared end of the glass tubing flush with the tip of the wood stem to minimize the likelihood of the glass breaking if it falls, but that meant it would be sort of a permanent fix. I would be able to clean it though with iso but would not be able to pull the glass out and retrieve the resin so I decided to go with the protruded glass setup and if it falls and crack the glass I can always pull it out and replace it.

Yep that is just perfect mate...I'm going to buy a whole bunch of these :)

How is the taste now?

m0sh,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I like using glass stems...
I also use a variety of wooden stems... and each imparts it's unique essence.
I have over a dozen for MFLB, a half dozen for my log vapes, and 2 for the Solo.
I like the essence of the vapor through wood (true, purity and glass have a place as well!)
I use a pipe cleaner lightly touched with regular proof rum to floss the inside of the wooden stems and keep them clean.
Nature and variety!

m0sh

A lot better, you taste only the herb without the woody resiny after taste :tup:

I bought the wood stem because I kept breaking the glass ones.
However the taste is like a old sock!
I went back to stock glass stem and the flavor is awesome!
A glass insert does make sense.
Structure and purity!

I dunno I the like the wooden taste...maybe its just me but after trying the glass again I hardly feel the changes anyway...

m0sh,

Tamataz

Icelander
I bought the wood stem because I kept breaking the glass ones.
However the taste is like a old sock!
I went back to stock glass stem and the flavor is awesome!
A glass insert does make sense.
Structure and purity!

Indeed! Ive been using my glass stems way more then the wooden ones.

Tamataz,
Top Bottom