Arizer Solo

HSIHP

I just finished my second session with my solo and man this this is a champ. It's way smaller than I thought it was and hits just as good as expected. I do think I'll upgrade to a PVHES stem very soon cause I can see how that would make this thing that more special. BUt for now I'm off to pack another stem! :cheers:

Jens

Hey Jens ,
Can I ask How are you trying to shut it off ?
I think by holding down the 2 buttons ( up/down ) is the only way ...like turning it on .

Also ,
I like to heat up my hash and crumble it into herbs for vaping .
and I'm guessing that's what the stirring does for you ...breaks it up .

well that's what i did, held the up and down button for a few secs and it wouldn't shut off. It did work that way a few bowls before, but for some reason it didn't then. The problem hasn't occurred since then, but i've only used it twice since then.

also, some questions about battery life: on setting 7, how many cycles could one get with a freshly charged (new) solo. My battery life seemed to drop by half after 1 or 2 sessions on 7.

i know the leds indicate a lower level of charge than there actually is to protect it from a deep discharge, but if the led blinks to indicate the battery is low, any guesstimates how much is still left?

Jens,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
well that's what i did, held the up and down button for a few secs and it wouldn't shut off. It did work that way a few bowls before, but for some reason it didn't then. The problem hasn't occurred since then, but i've only used it twice since then.

also, some questions about battery life: on setting 7, how many cycles could one get with a freshly charged (new) solo. My battery life seemed to drop by half after 1 or 2 sessions on 7.

i know the leds indicate a lower level of charge than there actually is to protect it from a deep discharge, but if the led blinks to indicate the battery is low, any guesstimates how much is still left?

I don't know how many sessions since many times i do 1 1/2 sessions or 2 sessions in a row (i start at 2 so it takes a while to end the bowl, which i like.), but you should have about the half the battery left after all the yellow lights are gone.

vorrange,
Reactions: poonman

jambandphan03

in flavor country
a quick press on both buttons at once should be enough to turn it off, if you hold them down too long, it might start back up. I had this trouble with mine until I figured out the quick press.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: smokum

poonman

I agree with vorrange ,
you still have plenty of battery life left after the yellow lights are gone .

As to the blinking " charge " indicator light .
The shorter the time in between blinks , the quicker the unit is going to die .

I've had it shown " charge " light up once . ( not blinking )
and I still had aprox. 30 minutes left of use at level 6 .
When the light appears in between a minute , it's pretty close to the end .
When the charge light stays on....then you'll see the temp level start to drop til it's dead .

poonman,

Jens

Ok, i won't worry then if the yellow lights are gone since i can still get at least 1 or 2 sessions according to you guys. Thx for the input!

i'll give the quick pressing a try jambanphan!

Jens,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
SOLO PVHES STEM MOD

PICS HERE
http://imgur.com/a/wDWJT

I love the solo but desire a bigger hit (clouded or cloudless). So, I went ahead and have done did it. I used a carbon tip drill bit I bought at home depot to remove the glass segment containing the holes in the PVHES standard bent stem. This is the first time I've drilled through glass. I expected trouble and sure enough, some trial and error was involved. Without getting into the weeds, I was able to entirely remove the glass and shave down the remaining shards to make them harmless.

I should mention...
WARNING: WEAR PROTECTIVE GLASSES. WHEN YOU DRILL GLASS, BITS OF IT FLY OUT AT YOU.

Since then, I've vaped three stemfull of herb. In the first, I used a standard grind and packed it very lightly. For the second, I grabbed a nug and shoved it down in shaft, packing a bit. The third and last attempt, I recorded in the photos below. I used a slightly more than standard grind and packed it from the screen up to where the glass used to be. Oh, I forgot to mention, I used those NO2 screens with the round divot in the middle. With some futzing, I got it to fit perfectly in the narrowing point of the stem. I packed firmly but not overly so.

Packing seemed to work out better than dropping the herb in less densely. I was able to get some excellent, fat vapor straight through the stock stem at 4 or 5. I went through my water piece at 6 and 7 (to minimize the heat) and ended up getting the most bang for the buck. I was able to go on for quite a while with extremely flavorful hits. By the end, my ABV was entirely dry and dark but clearly not burnt. I couldn't say exactly how it is different in flavor and pull. But there is surely a dose difference, merely from having more in there. Also, I think it might perform efficiency and flavor wise a little more like the standard whip vapes that have hotter temps but more room in front of the heating element.

More experimentation is necessary.

Again....
WARNING: WEAR PROTECTIVE GLASSES. WHEN YOU DRILL GLASS, BITS OF IT FLY OUT AT YOU.

EDIT: Maybe, I should paste the pics in instead of a link. 8 or so pics seems like a lot tho.

Here is a video of me using the stem. You see some cloudy vape in the apparatus and a few wisps being blown out by me. The video or the angle didn't capture the magnitude of my exhale, for what it's worth. Nevertheless, I shall post the video.

JDR

You did a fantastic job...

On another note people. I complained about my battery life as you know and then my unit died. I sent it back and yes I had a bad battery. Has anyone else had a bad battery in there solo? I haven't seen any posts that say that not even on the older models. I should have my unit back Monday.

I miss switching vapes. I am a serial switcher lol. I now have my ssv to play with until then if I can manage to get it plugged in which is not easy for me. I could always unplug the phone since I can reach that lol.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo

559stonerr

On another note people. I complained about my battery life as you know and then my unit died. I sent it back and yes I had a bad battery. Has anyone else had a bad battery in there solo? I haven't seen any posts that say that not even on the older models. I should have my unit back Monday.

I miss switching vapes. I am a serial switcher lol. I now have my ssv to play with until then if I can manage to get it plugged in which is not easy for me. I could always unplug the phone since I can reach that lol.

what exactly do you mean by bad battery? I dont believe i have a bad battery, but i think i will need a new battery soon.. the battery life is not the same as 4-5 months ago, after one stem and a full battery, the battery life is already at [5]

559stonerr,

Dreamerr

You were gone a few days for the whole story read back about 4 pages, guessing. My battery died it was on a full charge at 7. I heated started using and then all kinds of beeps and turned off. I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't. If flashed just the 7 light and the blue light and went off. If I plugged it in it cycled through those two lights with the beeping. So dead dead dead. I returned it and Randy said the battery was bad as I suspected. He thought it might be the charger but I didn't think so. The reason I didn't think so was because the battery was full and it died while using it so it wasn't plugged in.

Dreamerr,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I'm going to try using the stock stem and pull it a little bit so the airflow will be much better...if it goes well then I might just take the stock stem to Amsterdam...if there were stems in Amsterdam it would have awesome :)

IMO it should work as good as the PVHES just with more hassle?

m0sh,

Dreamerr

I don't have the pvhes yet put have ed's and stock. I find it almost the same when pulling the stock up. Ed's is still a smidge easier.

Dreamerr,

hoptimum

I don't have the pvhes yet put have ed's and stock. I find it almost the same when pulling the stock up. Ed's is still a smidge easier.
Dreamerr, does the "smidge" justify the price of Ed's stem? I'm on the fence between the stock or ponying up from one of Ed's stems or a pvhes.

hoptimum,

Dreamerr

If you want to wait, I will be getting pvhes soon then I will tell you my thoughts. In the mean while I need my solo back to be able to do anything.

As mentioned earlier on that it is easier to travel with Ed's stem because it isn't glass. If you are jerking around town I would use ed's over glass although my choice of out and about vapes wouldn't be the solo.

Dreamerr,

JDR

Muchas gracias.

As it so happens, I am noting a distinct decline in the number of sessions I can do with each charge and the recharging time seems to be extending dramatically (not sure if it is charging right at all right now). Before I go jumping the gun, I should let it charge (as I do each night) again and observe it closely to verify that I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing. But I am having that send-it-back feeling.

JDR

JDR,

Dreamerr

Well if this helps, I only had mine less then two weeks and complained about the battery life since day one.

Dreamerr,

X24

FC members who have complained about battery life, what's your typical usage? Do you vape bowl after bowl after bowl, or is it just 1 every so often throughout the day? How many stems do you go through? Vape each stem multiple times?

Just trying to wrap my mind around how you deplete the battery so frequently.

Personally, on days that I'm vaking, I go through 2-6 stems throughout a day and, even on that heavy side of that range, I have battery life to spare.

X24,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
FC members who have complained about battery life, what's your typical usage? Do you vape bowl after bowl after bowl, or is it just 1 every so often throughout the day? How many stems do you go through? Vape each stem multiple times?

Just trying to wrap my mind around how you deplete the battery so frequently.

Personally, on days that I'm vaking, I go through 2-6 stems throughout a day and, even on that heavy side of that range, I have battery life to spare.
X24 MY M107 is full of power. I USE THIS ONE MOSTLY.
6 STEMS PER DAY AND PLENTY OF POWER TO SPARE!
My A13 IS A WEAK UNIT TWO STEMS BETWEEN CHARGES.
FUNNY BECAUSE THE M107 IS A YEAR OLDER AND TROUBLE FREE?
SINCE I HAVE TWO HERCULES COMING FROM DELTA 9 VAPE TO RUN MY PERSEI'S.
I MAY JUST REPLACE THE A13 WITH A EXTREME Q! I LOVE THE FLAVOR PROFILE OF THE SOLOS.
YOU WOULD THINK THE Q WOULD WORK EVEN BETTER?
MY MFLB I HAVEN'T USED IN 8 MONTHS BECAUSE IT TASTE LIKE POPCORN!

ataxian,

Dreamerr

Tis why I had a bad battery...stuff happens. I am sure the new one will be fine. I am not sure what you are confused about that is my job to be confused.

@ ataxian maybe you have a bad battery like I did. Send it in to be replaced/fixed.

Dreamerr,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Tis why I had a bad battery...stuff happens. I am sure the new one will be fine. I am not sure what you are confused about that is my job to be confused.

@ ataxian maybe you have a bad battery like I did. Send it in to be replaced/fixed.
SINCE I HAVE 2 I THINK I WILL SEND IT IN. (THANKS)!
FOR FLOWERS THE FLAVOR IS AMAZING!

ataxian,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
HEY ATAXIAN DO YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU WRITE LIKE THIS I IMAGINE YOU ARE SUPER EXCITED ABOUT SOMETHING BECAUSE YOU ARE USING CAPS? :nod:

Right now i start at 2 and stay there until i only exhale a wisp of vapour, then i up to 3, usually when i get to 5 there almost nothing left and the material is not even brown yet. Really enjoying my Solo, great clouds and great flavour.
Could be less bulkier, its unconfortable to carry it, and it is a great vape to bring to a friends house or a party so, that is not so great.
But what better vape to use when watching a movie or someones house just having a good time with little to no hassle, just passing it along, :D

vorrange,

so why did you have bad battery life? Maybe I missed the post that you explained that in?

VapeNStone,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
my solo is my favorite vape, using a small strip of gorrilla tape to seal against a 14mm and a dremmel to cut small v notches in the glass provides a great vape on the lev lattice fc bubbler.

kushcabbage,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
HEY ATAXIAN DO YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU WRITE LIKE THIS I IMAGINE YOU ARE SUPER EXCITED ABOUT SOMETHING BECAUSE YOU ARE USING CAPS? :nod:

Right now i start at 2 and stay there until i only exhale a wisp of vapour, then i up to 3, usually when i get to 5 there almost nothing left and the material is not even brown yet. Really enjoying my Solo, great clouds and great flavour.
Could be less bulkier, its unconfortable to carry it, and it is a great vape to bring to a friends house or a party so, that is not so great.
But what better vape to use when watching a movie or someones house just having a good time with little to no hassle, just passing it along, :D
I have a broken arm and just had surgery.
I'm not excited.
Just handicapped.
Single peck typing!

ataxian,
Top Bottom