Arizer Solo

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I don't understand that, i've timed it several times....12 mins...regardless of battery. Anyone else confirm?

I have to admit I haven't actually timed my solo sessions - I just go by number of vaped stems per session. So if what you say is correct; that no matter how many stems I get through, the session is always 12 min long, then the difference in number of stems per session must be due to a faster heat up time when the battery is full (7) versus half full (3,4).

notmyrealUSERname,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
That started happening to me when my first battery pack went bad. How long have you had it?

CentiZen,
Any Solo owners in here own a log vape too? I'm thinking about buying a Solo but was wondering how it hits through a glass tube. Is there as much drag as most log vapes or is it much smoother? And what is the easiest way to hook it up to a GonG joint? It looks like the perfect portable vape for my needs.

nugghuffer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have several logs and they all mate quite easily with glass, each in their own way. I use them almost exclusively with glass.
:peace:

Stu,
I have several logs and they all mate quite easily with glass, each in their own way. I use them almost exclusively with glass.

Sorry about the wording, I meant how do the Solos hit through glass pieces. I have a Woodeez but hitting it through my SG is torture, so much drag. Is the Solo pretty smooth through glass?

nugghuffer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Sorry about the wording, I meant how do the Solos hit through glass pieces. I have a Woodeez but hitting it through my SG is torture, so much drag. Is the Solo pretty smooth through glass?
Ah, gotcha. Sorry for my mis-interpretation. :doh:
The Solo with the PVHES stem (GonG version soon to be released) provides ample vapor for your glass. It hits very well. Personally I don't find even the restrictive OEM stems to be a problem at all and often vaporbong with them. Usually I use my PV GonG stem, though.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry for my mis-interpretation. :doh:
The Solo with the PVHES stem (GonG version soon to be released) provides ample vapor for your glass. It hits very well. Personally I don't find even the restrictive OEM stems to be a problem at all and often vaporbong with them. Usually I use my PV GonG stem, though.

No problem Stu, thanks for your input. How much different is the new GonG version going to be from this one that they currently offer? ---> #mce_temp_url#

Nugghuff...i can answer that later this week after I get one of Ed's stems. I can say that the solo has pretty much replaced my use of logs.

Ok thanks sticks. I'm kinda feeling the same way about this replacing my log vape. The size of the Solo is perfect for me and I love how it can last for about 4 hours off of a fully charged battery. Just like your signature says, I'd like to make the Cloud, Solo and possibly a HI my only vapes (I'm in on the next shipment of Clouds according to StoneMonkey and when Allen catches up to my spot on the HI waiting list).

nugghuffer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
No problem Stu, thanks for your input. How much different is the new GonG version going to be from this one that they currently offer? ---> #mce_temp_url#
The new GonG version with be PVHES (Planet Vape High Efficiancy Stem iirc) so the airflow will be better, causing about 1/3 less drag. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

I'll also have one of Ed's stems in the near future so it'll be interesting to compare and contrast them.

Stu,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
nugg...I think you will enjoy a Solo. It really does replace the logs since it is portable. It's airflow with the four hole bent stem is better than the PD, and I would wager better than your Woodeez given their similar designs. But no way it comes close to the HI. The HI really did fix everything I thought was flawed with logs...mostly bowl size and airflow. The Solo has a bigger bowl, but not a whole lot better airflow than the PD. I am hoping Ed's stem helps with the airflow problem.

I did just check, and my HI gong stem fits loosely in the Solo, so maybe I can get an early indicator of how the Solo does on a perc.

stickstones,
nugg...I think you will enjoy a Solo. It really does replace the logs since it is portable. It's airflow with the four hole bent stem is better than the PD, and I would wager better than your Woodeez given their similar designs. But no way it comes close to the HI. The HI really did fix everything I thought was flawed with logs...mostly bowl size and airflow. The Solo has a bigger bowl, but not a whole lot better airflow than the PD. I am hoping Ed's stem helps with the airflow problem.

I did just check, and my HI gong stem fits loosely in the Solo, so maybe I can get an early indicator of how the Solo does on a perc.

I think I'll love it too, especially if I can still get it for $160 on PuffItUp.com. I added it to my cart, entered the promo code and it still says it's $160. That's a steal IMO! Hopefully I can sell my other portables and get this while it's still on sale ;). Thanks to iloveboobs, I know what the HI is capable of and might still get one later once the Cloud and Solo are settled in...thanks again for your advice.

nugghuffer,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I guess I can chime in here and say I found mine for $170 shipped on Amazon.com back in Feb., silver M107, have been using it pretty regularly, esp. after getting the improved stems, and it's been working great so far. I can't go recommending buying it from a non-reputable place, but I took the chance (at the time none were lower than $220 range) so I felt I found a real bargain, and a bit of good luck.

jambandphan03,

weedemon

enthusiast
woah. so i just did one session. it lasted me about 30 min. 2 cycles on 4 heat setting, a stir and reseating of the herb and the remaining 6 min or so on 6. I checked the battery after this session and i went from a full 7 (i charged it yesterday) but read a 7 when i started it. this time after the 30 min session it was down to a 1!!:cry: had i not been at home. this would be very inconvenient!!

is that normal? I would have expected to get more time out of the batteries than that.

is the lesson here i can't be lolly gagging and fuckin around? when the solo is on... it's getting high time? and don't be slow about it? I think this is my lesson here.

weedemon,

VAPORIZER22

Do you have the M1D weedemon? If you do, Planetvape said a page back that they noticed that the battery indicator is not very accurate, and that when it showed 1 light you could still get 3-4 12 minute sessions.

VAPORIZER22,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
woah. so i just did one session. it lasted me about 30 min. 2 cycles on 4 heat setting, a stir and reseating of the herb and the remaining 6 min or so on 6. I checked the battery after this session and i went from a full 7 (i charged it yesterday) but read a 7 when i started it. this time after the 30 min session it was down to a 1!!:cry: had i not been at home. this would be very inconvenient!!

is that normal? I would have expected to get more time out of the batteries than that.

is the lesson here i can't be lolly gagging and fuckin around? when the solo is on... it's getting high time? and don't be slow about it? I think this is my lesson here.

Unlikely... but 3-4 hour charge sounds fishy as well...are you sure it was 1?

I'd say 1 hour of vapor at setting number 5 if I'm not mistaken

m0sh,

weedemon

enthusiast
Do you have the M1D weedemon? If you do, Planetvape said a page back that they noticed that the battery indicator is not very accurate, and that when it showed 1 light you could still get 3-4 12 minute sessions.

ty dude this thread moves so fast i can't keep up! :p haha found post you are talking about :) so I will confirm the fast battery action. I already started charging it back up though. I was afraid to risk completely draining the battery lol!

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I get pretty much identical battery life from both my solos (m102 ceramic, m105 SS) as far as I can tell.
Each 12 min session lowers the batt indicator by 1, and I find it does hang at 1 for a few more, but I try not to actually kill the batt, and charge when it's at 2 or 1.

I tend to put the loaded stem in, heat to 4 (5 on the M105), hit once it's pre heated, and up it to 7 after a few hits.
I usually get a stem finished in 10-14 minutes.

This is all with a PV 4-hole GonG stem.

Perhaps the added air flow of Ed's stems and the pvhes is lowering the batt life by a bit?
(I have 1 of Ed's stems on the way, can't wait to try it out :))

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: vape4life

VAPORIZER22

ty dude this thread moves so fast i can't keep up! :p haha found post you are talking about :) so I will confirm the fast battery action. I already started charging it back up though. I was afraid to risk completely draining the battery lol!

You are welcome. True, from what I know it is best to keep the battery topped off and not do full drain. I am about to get a solo and that is why I have been following the thread closely. With the solo thread you have to check it every hour or you end up having to go through pages in no time.

VAPORIZER22,

m0sh

Its not a risk draining the battery they just say theoretically its better not to drain it

Honestly if it happens few times its nothing...even if its happens more than a dozen times!

m0sh,

vape4life

Banned for life
Yes, I think it's the consistent draining to zero that fucks up the batteries? Interesting that Arizer keeps tinkering with the firmware, and good point about Ed's and PV's stems maybe depleting battery quicker due to more airflow and thus more demand on the heater?

vape4life,

m0sh

Well batteries drain ... nothing to do about it - it is normal

Again you are being way too pedantic...

m0sh,

vape4life

Banned for life
Give the guy a break, he missed one post by PV about 4-5 more sessions at level 1, so i'd be a little concerned too if I was only getting 46 min. of battery life. That's what these forums are for.

vape4life,
Top Bottom