Arizer Solo

ah just got the AquaVape in the mail. The solo just went from an 8/10 to 10/10. I can actually finish a sessions without a coughing fit and dry/sore throat. I can actually spent the time enjoying the flavor now. It's a whole different experience. I must be very sensitive to dry vapor. I can feel the difference, I can take the biggest rips ever and the flavor is intense. lol I'm kinda vaked right now :p Peace.

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
i don't usually keep my solo on long enough for the cut off, but I have been running mine with the wall plug, and twice now it has suddenly turned itself down to 1, not sure how much time went by, but is this the way the cut off behaves when it is plugged in?

Yes, after the 12 minutes the solo will restart and until you reset the heat to your desired level, it will remain on, but not heating up.

aesthyrian,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
vape4life...so you think a perfectly functioning 104 is better than the 107? Why? I don't have an opinion one way or the other.

and another thing...I can't see any of the old pics of the ceramic vs steel bowls since we got the new software. If any of you can easily reload some of them, I'd love to look at them.

my M104 still seems a little hotter than my M106 or M107. My M105 which stunk and was sent back for warranty did run noticeablely cooler than all of them.

I still prefer the the M106 or later for the tighter stem fit.

Arizer continued to tweak the software to optimize temp versus battery life and warm up time. its a preference. I like the better warm up time and bat life of the M106/107 overall.

ru_frothi,

vape4life

Banned for life
How does the 104 compare to 106/107 for battery life? And how much warmer is the 104 in comparison? 1 temp setting difference?

Sticks, I was referring to the ceramic coating on your 104. I believe it retains heat better. Collectors item now lol

vape4life,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Interesting! How about a thin ring that goes around the outer edge of the bottom of the crucible to give it some lift, like a spacer? then we wouldn't need to risk burning our homes down with a torch.
Sticks you can put a screen into the bottom of the crucible to get some "lift". However I use Tintest's SS disks inserted in there and it works very well. Not only does it keep the herb from hitting the chamber, but it improves airflow and provides more consistent abv due to the evenly spaced holes.

:2c:

Stu,

tepictoton

Aloha again,

I asked this question before but I guess it must have been missed. Is there any way to get a bong attachment like the ones they offer in the states, sorry cannot recall what shop exactly, over here in Europe?

I will be looking into getting a silicon tube for attaching the stem to a bong, but would much prefer glass on glass. I might go to Amsterdam in the comming weeks to the green dragon shop and see if they can custom make me a bong attachment. Might also ask them to make the stem with a bit bigger holes, maybe just one central one. I will let you al know if this worked out or not.

but if any of you know where I might pick up an attachment in Europe that would be easier of course...

Also I wanted to mention. I noticed how it is easier to get nice clouds(mean vapor, not vapexhales hihi) when the stem is very lightly packed in comparison to packing it even just a bit denser. I guess .15g is my average dose now, giving me a nice 5-8min session on the solo.

I still have a feeling that I am having more drag then is necessary, I have a screen on the bottom of the unit wich lifts the stem a bit. Still I think it might work better. Would you advice me to bend the stem like iloveboobs did in his mod? Might I be able to get this mod done with a soldering iron or would that definately not get hot enough?

tepictoton,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
No way I can see it happening with a soldering iron. I just don't see it getting Hot enough.

The only retailer for the GonG stems that I know of is planetvape.ca (in Canada)
IMO thy have very reasonable shipping rates though.

They had them custom made.

If you already have silicone tubing and another gong whip adapter though, with a short enough piece of tubing, you can get the end of the whip adapter to sit flush with the end of the stem, so you don't actually end up with silicone in the air path.

Frederick McGuire,

tepictoton

Okay,

thx for the tips. Guess I will first go to Amsterdam and se if I have any luck there, if not I might consider ordering it from Canada.

And I will get a micro torch and experiment with one of my stems to see if it makes an extra difference.

Happy with my purchase, am trying to get al my friends to join me on the vapor side of the smoking fence...

tepictoton,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks for confirming the cut off, I guessed that was it, but I wanted to bounce it in the forum to see for sure. I appreciate the responses! :tup:

Donny~ That Aqua Vape rocks!! What size did you get? The larger one that is 7-8in or the little one that is closer to 5in? I have tried both, and like each for different reasons. The small one feels better weight and size-wize on top of the solo, and travels better, but doesn't seem to hold very much water. It does provide smooth cooler vapor none the less. The large one seems to take a bit of work to prime, and seems a bit awkward on top of the solo, but once you get the chamber full of vapor, it hits hard, and you can sip on it after shutting the solo down with all that vapor trapped inside of it.

I am in love with the solo, it's been my main vape for daily use since I got it. Looking forward to those new stems from PV with the air flow mod.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: sessnet

tepictoton

decided to go ahead and order the GonG from planetvape, will see how long it takes to get here. I have been looking like crazy for a decent percolator bong but they are also hard to find here.

I decided to go with this one: weedstar mentalist WS line from a German company. Anyone heared of them yet?
I can't waith to hook them up :-) will get pics on here for sure, but can take more then two weeks...

tepictoton,

vape4life

Banned for life
I just noticed something i've never noticed before. I put the Solo (m107) up to my ear when it's heating up and I can hear a distinct "ticking" sound. It's not loud, and I can only hear it when it's up to my ear and it sounds similar to the ticking of an EQ and i'm guessing Cloud. Almost sounds like little static shocks. I'm assuming this is normal and just the heater? It seems to occur more in the 3-5 range. When I first turn it on I can't hear it, but then it slowly starts, and then I think goes away in the upper range (6-7). Just curious.

Also curious if anyone who has or is getting the PV GonG and a Cloud is gonna mate the solo with the HT? One of the best things about the Solo is its rapid warmup time, so even though I know it's not the Cloud, when I need to vape .2g in 2 minutes that setup would work well. I'd assume the HT is a good match for a Solo.

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
decided to go ahead and order the GonG from planetvape, will see how long it takes to get here. I have been looking like crazy for a decent percolator bong but they are also hard to find here.

I decided to go with this one: weedstar mentalist WS line from a German company. Anyone heared of them yet?
I can't waith to hook them up :-) will get pics on here for sure, but can take more then two weeks...

I guess I'm to late then:

click me

Weedstar is well known but not to popular over here. I guess it's still regarded as cheap china glass. I have a weedstar hammer style bub I really like though, it's all in the eyes of the beholder I guess.

Look here too next time you look for euro glass, this is my fav bong shop:

click me too

Another place to check is grasscity perhaps.

OhTheAgony,

tepictoton

@OhTheAgony: thx for the tips, i'll surely check them out

I cannot seem to find an adaptor on that site that might work with the solo...and i'm a bit weary of ordering a piece that just does not fit...but its comming from canada.

and that is the same shop as where I was going to order the weedstar from

tepictoton,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh sorry man, I misunderstood then. I thought you were looking for a simple waterpipe adapter instead of a specific Solo-stem. As far as I know planetvape is the only one that sells that GonG stem as they have it made themselves.

Have a look at the Black Leaf bubblers on Grasscity when you're at it. They're a bit more expensive than the Weedstars but also a bit prettier imo. You might like them. There is one for sale in the FC classifieds as well btw, it's the Toro copy made by BL. They have 3 or 4 different models out right now I think.

OhTheAgony,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
thanks for the pics, mcguire! I didn't realize it was that visibly obvious.

Stu...I may try the bottom screen thing. I started lifting the stem a little bit during hits and noticed a little increase in airflow, but not enough to worry myself about when hitting.

This thing does a good job of completely using up my herb, based on its color, when I go all the way up to 7. I don't even bother to keep the abv.

Is there a reason to dome the screens for the stems other than they are too big? I used a smaller screen that fits perfectly. I put two of them in there, because of my habit of grinding finely, and it filters great and allows a full stem pack. They are just tight enough that they don't blow out when I clear the stem.

stickstones,

MG23

Relaxin'
I used a smaller screen that fits perfectly. I put two of them in there, because of my habit of grinding finely, and it filters great and allows a full stem pack. They are just tight enough that they don't blow out when I clear the stem.

Any idea what size screen this is?
I personally dome .5 screens to fit perfectly with the ID of the tube and then smash the dome down flat so it doesn't take up much extra space.
A screen that fits perfectly to the ID without needing to be domed would be ideal to me, though.

MG23,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'll see if I can measure it. I was trying forever to remember where I got them. I think I got them at a local head shop and got the wrong size. I was about to make a template for cutting down screens when this one just fit perfectly. But it fits perfect and hasn't come out now through many blows and an ISO wash.

stickstones,

Nintendo84

poor guys, that's not quite true from their end :/ . Arizer would likely tell them that they are all the same. And officially they are- it's not a 'version' change as such. One trusted retailer who posts here I think said that the shipment straight from Arizer arrived with a mix of 2 different number series. The trouble is than on this particular issue the FC community has much more information than the retailers.

Here is my Correspondence with Arizer regarding the model number of my unit.

Date: Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Subject: Model Number question
To: "sales@arizer.com" <sales@arizer.com>

I have just ordered the arizer solo from Amazon.com. The seller advertised the newest model with all updates. The unit model number which I received was: M105-82394. My question is this" is this model number for the most current model. My Arizer Solo does have a stainless steel bowl which is great. But I am unsure about the heat settings. I have read online that the first models with stainless steel bowls had lower heat settings. For my model what temprature does the number 7 mean? Also will you guys honor the warranty? it was purchased through NW Healthtek/ Quality Vape which also goes by NW Healthtek. Please let me know if this M105-82394 is the newest Solo or not, and if it has the highest heat tempratures or not. thanks
Reply:
Hello,

Thank you for your email. All Solo units function the same. Adjustments / improvements are made to all of our products based on continued research and development, but serial numbers on the bottom do not indicate any specific differences. Speaking as someone who uses a Solo on a regular basis and has had the opportunity to use Solo units since the beta-testing stages and onwards, I believe you will be satisfied with the quality and functionality of a Solo, regardless of the serial number on the unit. If you are using the unit and find the vapor is too thick or too light, simply adjust the temperature settings to meet your personal preferences.

If you ever require warranty service, please contact the retailer you purchased the unit from for service. If you contact the retailer for service and they are unwilling or unable to resolve an issue for you please let me know.

Best Regards,
Kevin
Arizer Tech
service@arizer.com

Nintendo84,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
If they are domed they are pushing slightly on the inside of the tube which stops them from falling out, other than that I see no real reason that there would be any change in real world performance except encouraging you to use slightly less herb per stem.

CentiZen,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I believe someone started doming the screens in an attempt to increase airflow. I did it for a while to reduce bowl size in an attempt to reduce my usage myself.

OhTheAgony,

hogleg

I believe someone started doming the screens in an attempt to increase airflow. I did it for a while to reduce bowl size in an attempt to reduce my usage myself.
I feel it vapes a little more thoroughly and the smaller size keeps every bowl tasting pretty good

hogleg,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^^
in the last two days it has. I'm really excited about the Solo and how it fits my lifestyle. It heats up really quick, is easy to hide and I can use it outside, so it is pretty freeing for me. I always have a portable in my daily lineup, but there is always something missing. The Iolite will kill the whole bowl even if I don't want to and the taste isn't there. The MFLB just doesn't hit thick enough for me...it gets me medicated, but it takes time and work. The Genie actually gets the most work because it hits hard and fast, but the taste isn't there. Now I have the Solo, which hits the same as or better than a log vape (which has been my daily driver for a long time) and it's portable and tastes better than a log. I am tickled pink about what this portable brings to the table for me. It's become my little friend very quickly.

It's still nowhere near the quality of the Cloud, and no one would expect it to be. But it's the next best thing among my lineup. Once the newness wears off I expect to use them each daily.

I agree, The solo vapor has a cleaner, better taste than compared to log vapor. Sadly, I havent used my UD's for weeks.

VaporBoxed,

vape4life

Banned for life
I agree, The solo vapor has a cleaner, better taste than compared to log vapor. Sadly, I havent used my UD's for weeks.

That's actually really awesome to hear! I've also noticed now that like most vapes they work better when they are warmed up more than normal. So after a 10 min sesh or so, I ramped the temp down from 4 to 2. Usually if it's from cold 2 provides very light vapour but great taste. Well after the Solo was warmed well, 2 provided REALLY nice clouds, but comfortable because of the low temp and amazing taste.

Does everyone's Solo "tick" when heating up in the mid temp ranges (3-5)? I'm assuming it's normal but i never noticed it ever before.

vape4life,
Top Bottom