Arizer Solo

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Used my Solo for the second time yesterday in the car and it did the job great. The first session I used a q-tip cotton ball as a filter for the herb and got no bits getting through, but it was a little bit of a pain to get the herb bits off the cotton when reloading. This second time I went with the dome screen and got all kinds of bits. Admittedly, I grind my herb finer than most and it works fine in other vapes (also a bunch of the finer stuff got lodged between the screen and the glass at the edge of the dome screen). I should probably grind coarser for the Solo, but maybe some of you guys have come across the best way to consume a fine grind? If any of you guys have a great routine that minimizes stuff getting through as well as keeps the units crucible clean, I'd love to hear it. I can tell this thing is a good unit, but since I mostly use the Cloud, it will take me forever to develop my own satisfactory routine for the Solo!

Also, my unit is a 104 and seems to be working fine...any pitfalls to look out for?

stickstones,
I use an Underdog screen because its slightly larger than the solo bowl. I dome them and i have had no problems. Maybe try double screens if your getting herb in your mouth. I find that my bud sticks together easier and does not fall out into the unit if grinded fine and compressed. What i do is i just lightly suck in herb through the stem like a straw then i stick my pinky in the bowl to compress it. The herb fills the whole bowl but when i compress it it should look like only 2/3 of the bowl. Now you have the perfect bowl that shouldnt spill into the unit and should vape extremely evenly. When your done it easily blows out and look like a puck. This is my routine hopefully it helps.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Can anyone compare this to the EQ

I know its totally different but I was never been able to use the MFLB after the EQ...it was just so much better...and here a portable one that I might actually adore.

m0sh,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Just Released, the Solo 2X "SkullKrusher"

Exclusively from www.PlanetVape.ca , experience the ultimate Solo.​
FxHXS.png

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
:huh: wow

for lovers?

Or each nostril?

Great name.

I guess the battery life is different?

WatTyler,

natural farmer

Used my Solo for the second time yesterday in the car and it did the job great. The first session I used a q-tip cotton ball as a filter for the herb and got no bits getting through, but it was a little bit of a pain to get the herb bits off the cotton when reloading. This second time I went with the dome screen and got all kinds of bits. Admittedly, I grind my herb finer than most and it works fine in other vapes (also a bunch of the finer stuff got lodged between the screen and the glass at the edge of the dome screen). I should probably grind coarser for the Solo, but maybe some of you guys have come across the best way to consume a fine grind? If any of you guys have a great routine that minimizes stuff getting through as well as keeps the units crucible clean, I'd love to hear it. I can tell this thing is a good unit, but since I mostly use the Cloud, it will take me forever to develop my own satisfactory routine for the Solo!

Also, my unit is a 104 and seems to be working fine...any pitfalls to look out for?

I am using a SS screen taken from an old pair of Apple earphones and it performs flawlessly! It has a super dense weave so nothing comes through and I grind very fine myself. I suck the stem to get the herbs in and never had a bit passing through. It needs a little trimming but it sits nicely and slightly domed...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57144240@N03/6888979102/

:D

natural farmer,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
thanks guys...good stuff. I think I will cut a screen or two to fit the stem without doming and see what happens...I've got plenty of screens around here. I might even double up and put two in there.

stickstones,

Ville23

Pretty damn nice VaporBoxed!:clap:

After seeing that, I may just have to order that piece for my Moby Nano.
Especially since my Cloud is nowhere in sight :(

Being that the Solo has a pretty stiff draw, I'm curious how hard it is to milk up the glass like that?
Does it take a few good pulls to get that much lovely vape?
I just may have to introduce them to each other soon!

Thanks for the great vid!

Ha im glad you guys like it. I will be making more!

Ville- I did use to have problems with the draw on the solo but if you see in the video i have altered the bowl. I took a torch to it and dented it in like i saw someone else do on this thread. I think it was Iloveboobs. The draw is now flawless.

Also the first pull on the first bowl is airy but the second hit milks up and every bowl after that milks on the first hit.

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Ha im glad you guys like it. I will be making more!

Ville- I did use to have problems with the draw on the solo but if you see in the video i have altered the bowl. I took a torch to it and dented it in like i saw someone else do on this thread. I think it was Iloveboobs. The draw is now flawless.

Also the first pull on the first bowl is airy but the second hit milks up and every bowl after that milks on the first hit.

finally a second opinion on my mod. so how do you like it. is it an improvement and how is your abv?

ilovebOObs,
Its great, the "Boobs mod" works! It really improves the airflow and quality of hits. The abv is even too. I suggest doing only one or two pinches though, four seems like overkill.

natural farmer

It's my belief that when the new hi-flow stems come out, we won't call our Solo a mini Cloud but the Cloud a Big Fat Solo!!! rofl

natural farmer,
Reactions: sessnet

jambandphan03

in flavor country
since it is slow, here is a question on the stem mod...I have no experience working with glass, how long do you have to heat the stem with a small butane torch to get it soft enough to press the side in? I don't want to shatter my stem, and I am nervous trying to do the mod with out knowing more about it.

natural farmer

since it is slow, here is a question on the stem mod...I have no experience working with glass, how long do you have to heat the stem with a small butane torch to get it soft enough to press the side in? I don't want to shatter my stem, and I am nervous trying to do the mod with out knowing more about it.

I was wondering about the mod myself today... I was also thinking if it's possible to make smaller V-cuts while heating it, with the help of a razor blade for instance!

natural farmer,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
you won't be able to cut it. its gonna take a lot of heat to get it hot enough to bend. you will see the glass glow red when its soft enough.

ilovebOObs,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Should it be pressed on while the heat is still on it, or is there a little time, once it heats to glowing to be able to put down the torch and then press it?

jambandphan03,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
There should be a little time, depending on how hot the glass actually is, but it would be on the order of a few seconds, not longer.
(I haven't done the stem mod, but I've melted down the edge of some broken glass a couple of times)

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: ilovebOObs
Top Bottom