Arizer Solo

VapeVoice

They have actually upgraded to 4 holes in the stem now. To be honest I read all the ways to filter and tried a few. I personally like the hit better without anything. I just draw slowly and steadily. It's all matter of preference. I am quickly learning that in this great World of vaping. It all comes down to what works for you.

VapeVoice,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I was wondering, it has a ceramic core that you can clean by soaking in Iso. I wonder if the oil residue would be worth reclaiming from the iso after the soak.
By itself, no. But you can keep a jar of ISO used for such tasks, and over time it will get to the color of brandy and you can reclaim it then.

:2c:

Stu,

woobawoot

Even if the thermovape moisture filter fits, a lot of the vapour would be able to escape.I think that the metal piece would be pretty hard of the glass and with slight pressure, there's a big possibility that you could lose your stem.

woobawoot,

woobawoot

They have actually upgraded to 4 holes in the stem now. To be honest I read all the ways to filter and tried a few. I personally like the hit better without anything. I just draw slowly and steadily. It's all matter of preference. I am quickly learning that in this great World of vaping. It all comes down to what works for you.
Imagine turning all your lungs a brandy colour ! lol

woobawoot,

VapeVoice

After 20+ years of heavy smoking I'll take it lol. I would like to use a screen but, IMO with the Solo it takes away from the pleasure. So I just hit it the way it comes.

VapeVoice,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Even if the thermovape moisture filter fits, a lot of the vapour would be able to escape.I think that the metal piece would be pretty hard of the glass and with slight pressure, there's a big possibility that you could lose your stem.

The O ring is what makes contact with the glass, and it has a little give, and makes a seal, same with my other drip tips I already use on my stems...

jambandphan03,

vape4life

Banned for life
After 20+ years of heavy smoking I'll take it lol. I would like to use a screen but, IMO with the Solo it takes away from the pleasure. So I just hit it the way it comes.

Just curious, how does a screen take away from the pleasure? IMO, if anything is ADDS to the pleasure because you never inhale a particle of herb. Without it, regardless of how fast you pull eventually you'll get a particle and it's gross.

I also add a teeny wisp of cotton under the screen and after a bunch of hits it turns an amber colour and you can then take the screen out (or not) crank it up to 7 and have many, many, thick hits from the oil. Also want to add that the cotton makes the hit even smoother, so again adds to the pleasure.

You should give it a try, you don't know what you're missing. And if you still stand by your reasoning, really no loss. Good luck!

vape4life,

VapeVoice

I've tried the screen. It takes up too much room in the stem IMO. I'd rather have the room for my herbs. The particles mostly get caught in the stem and I keep my stem pretty clean. Just personal preference like I said earlier. Everyone finds what works for them, and with the solo, this is what works for me. I'm sure your way is great for you and many others as well. I guess it just boils down to the fact that I'm a fiend and would just rather have the room.

VapeVoice,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
wow! made props to PlanetVape for really superfast shipping the sent it on fri from canada and i just got it this morning in CA. didn't expect it so this is a treat. my black 107 is odorless, stems feels nice and tight. i think its perfect. charging it now. thanks again PV.

Hate to ask you this, or rain on your parade. Do you get the robofrap smell if you set it to 7 for a few minutes? I had no smell, then one day when I tried to vape some oil-soaked-cotton on 7, I smelled it for the first time.

If I buy another Solo, I would probably NEVER set it higher than 2, to see if the smell can be avoided. So, that sort of negates what I said int he last paragraph, but I am still interested if that theory holds, and if you notice a difference if you do set it that high.

The smell really doesn't bother me, because it's not strong or noticeable (for me) unless I smell for it, really up close.

Also - did you smell it with your older one?

sessnet,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Hate to ask you this, or rain on your parade. Do you get the robofrap smell if you set it to 7 for a few minutes? I had no smell, then one day when I tried to vape some oil-soaked-cotton on 7, I smelled it for the first time.

If I buy another Solo, I would probably NEVER set it higher than 2, to see if the smell can be avoided. So, that sort of negates what I said int he last paragraph, but I am still interested if that theory holds, and if you notice a difference if you do set it that high.

The smell really doesn't bother me, because it's not strong or noticeable (for me) unless I smell for it, really up close.

vaped some hash last night at least 2-3 full cycles on 7 and no smell so far. one thing i did notice was the draw seem stiffer to me then my 105 did. i used 2 hole stems on my 105 and at never really felt stiff. also the hole on the metal cap seems to be smaller just enough room for stem to go through, i'm not sure if thats what is causing the stiffer draw.

ilovebOObs,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yeah the draw is tough as hell. Also made worse if the stem or Solo is even dirty a little. Lately, sometimes, I move the stem around to allow air in, and sometimes lift the stem out a little also. Sort of like a flip/lightswitch - 1 degree angle one way - 1 degree back - etc...

It seems to draw better, but it's an awkward movement, especially if you are holding other stuff too.

sessnet,

steiner666

Serial vapist
My friend really has a problem with the airflow on his solo. Its a m104 i think? Ceramic something. He said its been really hard to hit lately and its not the stem being clogged. I told him to try poking something into the tiny holes inside the solo and he says it didnt really help anything. *shrug* my m105's airflow is a bit restricted but perfectly fine for this former log user. Of course when my friend hits my solo he always comments about how much better it hits, but then again he's hitting it through my tube, he doesnt have any glass so he only uses his dry, guess that could be why mine seems better to him.

thats sounds about right, my old 105 was about the same running at 5.
just tried out the aquavape solo combo not bad.
imag0449z.jpg

Off-topic, but is that the 3D Acer monitor? If so, how do you like it? Do you have 3DVision or anything? I use 3Dvision with a Mitsubishi 3D DLP and love it, have yet to try the 3D LCDs tho cause ive heard so much about ghosting.

steiner666,

norcal

i never thought about herb getting into those small holes in the bottom, that would definitely cause some troubles im guessing.

sometimes if i do load the stem with shake I load it and hold it upside down while i use it, it reminds me of a hamster water bottle or something haha but it works to not get the small pieces stuck down in those holes..im hoping

norcal,

ilovebOObs

My friend really has a problem with the airflow on his solo. Its a m104 i think? Ceramic something. He said its been really hard to hit lately and its not the stem being clogged. I told him to try poking something into the tiny holes inside the solo and he says it didnt really help anything. *shrug* my m105's airflow is a bit restricted but perfectly fine for this former log user. Of course when my friend hits my solo he always comments about how much better it hits, but then again he's hitting it through my tube, he doesnt have any glass so he only uses his dry, guess that could be why mine seems better to him.

Off-topic, but is that the 3D Acer monitor? If so, how do you like it? Do you have 3DVision or anything? I use 3Dvision with a Mitsubishi 3D DLP and love it, have yet to try the 3D LCDs tho cause ive heard so much about ghosting.

yeah its 3D, honestly used it a few time and that was it. i didn't get any ghosting issues, but 3D gaming made my head hurt so i sold my nvidia 3D setup. same thing when watching 3D movies, i really wanna get into it but i guess its just too much for me to handle.

my old 105 airflow was much better. everything is good with the 107 but draw is so much stiffer, its hard to get use to it.

ilovebOObs,

SnidelyWhiplash

Ok, ive My iolitte was plasticy, my Box was not magic enough, my omi didnt feel healthy, my Thermo revealed how toxic oil extracts are, and here I am, broken VHW in the drawer, suckin on my trusty herbalaire through some scientific glass, ready to try a Solo.

Question: How do these hit with bubble hash mixed with herb, any grade? How about hash by itself on a double screen?

SnidelyWhiplash,

ilovebOObs

bubble hash is not a problem at any grade. i just put a little bit of herb so the hash wouldn't clog the screen. gave me an instant head change on my first hit :brow: and the bowl lasted 2-3 cycles.
p3063664.jpg

ilovebOObs,

Your supposed to crank it to 7 right when you first get it for a few cycles to burn off any that comes from the manufacture process. Or did you not do this?

VapeNStone,

vape4life

Banned for life
I've tried the screen. It takes up too much room in the stem IMO. I'd rather have the room for my herbs. The particles mostly get caught in the stem and I keep my stem pretty clean. Just personal preference like I said earlier. Everyone finds what works for them, and with the solo, this is what works for me. I'm sure your way is great for you and many others as well. I guess it just boils down to the fact that I'm a fiend and would just rather have the room.

So don't dome it, my screen takes no room whatsoever. I just use scissors to trim a regular sized screen and push it in an if I don't want it domed just squeeze it down. Easy. It will keep your stems cleaner (same as your lungs) and especially if you use the bit of cotton underneath. Don't be stubborn, try it! :)

In respect to M107 draw vs older models. I can't say I agree, as I never noticed a difference. I did find the 4 hole straight stem had the most airflow, and like someone else said you can rock it back and forth or retract it a little to allow more airflow, which actually works quite well.

For those that have all of a sudden restricted airflow and it's not the stem, it could be ABV? For those that haven't, shake your solos upside a bit, or blow into the bottom holes, and you'll see ABV come out. So somehow it's getting in there, and if it's getting in there it could be clogging airflow somewhere. I suppose in the tiny holes ABV can fill up in there. Seems like this vape could use some sort of regular maintenance to keep clean as a whistle.

I have now concluded that I much prefer using the Solo glass stems in comparison to using the EQ whip. Although I can get more clouds out of the EQ (bigger bowl more herb), i hate the initial primer pulls, and appreciate the slight conduction aspect of the Solo.

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Your supposed to crank it to 7 right when you first get it for a few cycles to burn off any that comes from the manufacture process. Or did you not do this?

It wasn't in the manual that came with it, so I didn't know I was supposed to do this. What would be the difference if I did it now? And wouldn't just using it on 7 a few time a achieve the same effect?

And from my experience, I didn't smell the robofrap until at least a week later, I did smell/sniff close like crazy the first week, and never smelled it.

sessnet,

ilovebOObs

the first couple of runs are burn off runs. just to get any oils or whatever stuff they have on the products when they ship. this should be done pretty much on all vapes imo before using for the first time.

ilovebOObs,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I've been doing tests with my devices and with the new battery pack I got, and I'm pretty sure I've figured it out.

The battery packs are wrapped in a special plastic sheathe that is tight to the packs. This is heat shink wrap tubing, they put some around the batteries, apply heat and it constricts to form that tight seal. I think that the battery pack supplier that arizer is using are not properly heating this tubing, and because of that it is not getting as tight as it can get. When it is used inside of a hot vaporizer, this tubing starts shrinking again causes the smell.

This could also explain why many people saw the issue go away after baking their units in the oven or simply disappearing over time.

Anyone know anything else about this?

sessnet,

vape4life

Banned for life
the first couple of runs are burn off runs. just to get any oils or whatever stuff they have on the products when they ship. this should be done pretty much on all vapes imo before using for the first time.

+1

I cranked mine to 7 on the m107 the few bunch of runs and it REEKED...then it went away. Forever.

vape4life,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Would you guys recommend doing this now, still? I've had it for a few weeks... If it is indeed the shrinkwrap somehow, any way to just fix the problem there?

Actually - if I take the Solo apart somehow and sniff around - I am hoping to confirm its the shrinkwrap... what do you guys think?

sessnet,

VapeVoice

So don't dome it, my screen takes no room whatsoever. I just use scissors to trim a regular sized screen and push it in an if I don't want it domed just squeeze it down. Easy. It will keep your stems cleaner (same as your lungs) and especially if you use the bit of cotton underneath. Don't be stubborn, try it! :)

In respect to M107 draw vs older models. I can't say I agree, as I never noticed a difference. I did find the 4 hole straight stem had the most airflow, and like someone else said you can rock it back and forth or retract it a little to allow more airflow, which actually works quite well.

For those that have all of a sudden restricted airflow and it's not the stem, it could be ABV? For those that haven't, shake your solos upside a bit, or blow into the bottom holes, and you'll see ABV come out. So somehow it's getting in there, and if it's getting in there it could be clogging airflow somewhere. I suppose in the tiny holes ABV can fill up in there. Seems like this vape could use some sort of regular maintenance to keep clean as a whistle.

I have now concluded that I much prefer using the Solo glass stems in comparison to using the EQ whip. Although I can get more clouds out of the EQ (bigger bowl more herb), i hate the initial primer pulls, and appreciate the slight conduction aspect of the Solo.

I've never been one to turn down trying something :/ So how much cotton should I use?

VapeVoice,
Top Bottom