Arizer Solo

MrNorml

yeah i will keep everyone posted, at the moment i just find it ok. not amazing like i thought in my mind. mostly because of the hard draw of the solo.

I think Arizer should rethink and redesign the tube. Draw is very hard. Glass falling out is un-good. Tried hitting it thru a bong last night and thought my lungs were going to get sucked into the bong.

MrNorml,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
my old 105 with old 2 hole stem were kick ass. was gonna do a solo/aquavape video but my head wanted to implode from sucking on it, hahahah doing a few mod with a little success but still nothing like my 105 .

edit: i think i solved my air flow problem, but i'm doing some more testing.

ilovebOObs,

shadyonedeath

So just to ease my mind because I always want the "BEST" version of things...There's absolutely no difference between the M106 and M107 correct? Aside from the M106 having a Loose stem seal...

Does the company warrant this? Will they send me a replacement updated seal if I ask?
...bump

shadyonedeath,

yoshjgg

Nice. So glad you, and others, love your Solo, I love it too!

I can't wait til some new stems come out.

In the meantime I bought a Vaper Tamer ($29)

wholesale_pics_5_of_6_.jpg

It cools down the vapor.
I am reading back to see how other may have used it - might just need a small slice of tubing to connect it.

EDIT:
This is McNerdius set up - as in post #1864:

solotamer.png

Supposedly fits right over it!

yoshjgg,

yoshjgg

Sessnet (or anyone else who has used it), would you recommend buying the Vapor Tamer from 7th Floor? I have a silver surfer and think this would be a great addition, BUT does it last a decent amount of time? I read on another thread only a few minutes. That would be a waste of a purchase IMO.
If it does work great and its worth buying ....do you know anything about the newer fatty tamer or saturn tamer?? - they made these to take the place of the original tamer but priced much higher.... i hate spending lots of money on glass when it will eventually break, but the 30 for the tamer is fine. Also, Do you need the extra $20 mouth piece to put on the end that they sell separately?
I really appreciate all your help....not much on the net about this.
thanks in advance!

yoshjgg,

ilovebOObs

yeah!!! i can solo bong again. check out the air flow!

here is a older video with my 105. it had great aiir flow too.

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: rufrothy

ilovebOObs

thanks Stu,
@ vapevoice this is what i did to solve my air-flow problem

i spent most of today voiding my solo warranty trying to figure out my air flow problem. i'm was either fixing it or i'm breaking it. here is a pic of some crap i tried but didn't work. :science:
p3143842.jpg

even tried drilling bigger hole in the bowl. lucky my drill bit was too worn down to do it, hahahah nothing i tested in the morning worked and i pretty much gave up. was gonna order tintest disk but then i had a break through. instead of modding the solo why not mod the stem.

so i came up with this with this idea.
p3143830.jpg

after a few bowls i can say my airflow has been better then ever.

i guess why my 105 had better air flow because i was using the older stems with the slimmer bowl. this new bowls are just too tight for their own good.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh boobs, reinventing the wheel all by yourself :lol:

I'm not sure who it was anymore, I think either Ape or Dorkus but I might be off, but somewhere earlier in this thread someone carved/ground/saw/whatever little V-shaped cuts in the bottom of the stem to improve airflow and was very happy with the results. I guess melting it a bit works too :tup:

I'm a bit lazier myself and just wiggle my stems just a tiny bit while inhaling, creating a small gap between stem and bowl in the process.

OhTheAgony,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
As do I OTA..... little wiggles while inhaling seem to wake the vapor up...

smokum,

vape4life

Banned for life
Awesome vids bOObs! That is a sweeet piece of glass, lemme know if you ever want to replace it ;-)

Damn, I didn't know you could extract so many clouds with glass!

vape4life,
Sessnet (or anyone else who has used it), would you recommend buying the Vapor Tamer from 7th Floor? I have a silver surfer and think this would be a great addition, BUT does it last a decent amount of time? I read on another thread only a few minutes. That would be a waste of a purchase IMO.
If it does work great and its worth buying ....do you know anything about the newer fatty tamer or saturn tamer?? - they made these to take the place of the original tamer but priced much higher.... i hate spending lots of money on glass when it will eventually break, but the 30 for the tamer is fine. Also, Do you need the extra $20 mouth piece to put on the end that they sell separately?
thanks in advance!
Yea I think it is a good buy because I bought one. Although you are right it really doesn't last long. I bought it for my Da Buddha and it pretty much seemed to last one bowl. I have heard the saturn and the fatty last waaaaay long and have alot better draw. I haven't tried it with my Solo yet because it just doesn't fit on my stem right and I don't feel safe having the glass on glass without a ground glass attachment.

VapeNStone,
As do I OTA..... little wiggles while inhaling seem to wake the vapor up...
yes it does I own a M103 which was notorious for the crap draw even more so then the SS's. But I can get huge ass bong rips with it. I'll make a video later.

VapeNStone,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
thanks in advance!

Hi! So, I did end up getting the Saturn and it is a huge clunky thing, but frikkin awesome.

The saturn ($99 or so?) versus the $29 Vaper Tamer, is a huge difference. I literally felt NOTHING through the saturn for the first, about 30 seconds to a minute (guesstimate). I couldn't believe I had a huge cloud exhaled...but if you are sensitive to vapor, it's still vapor, just not hot. It does cool down fast too. But it was awesome when I first tried it with the Solo!!!!!!

I did buy the mouthpiece, and never used it. It just seems like more stuff.

Holding the Saturn PLUS the Solo is a task. I am working on a setup that hopefully I don't have to hold it.

Also they sell bongs with something the size of the saturn, I've seen a few of them already. You remove that saturn size piece - and freeze etc... So if you are getting something this huge, maybe consider a prebuilt setup, or prepare to hold a freezing cold heavy block while you balance other stuff...it's very cumbersome, and I use a paper towel so my hands don't freeze.

There are many things to consider, but you won't know until you try it and see.

I really suggest getting the $29 one, they should be sold out soon. The $29 one lasts for a bit, about 1/4 the time of the saturn (guesstimate) and gives you a good idea if you like it, or think it is stupid, or worth it. You have to keep freezing it, but it gets cold fast, if you have a good freezer.

Sometimes the $29 Vaper Tamer get condensation or oil in it. Even a small bit can clog the tubing, and when frozen, makes it unusable. That little bit of ice clogs the tube, and will aggravate that you can't use it. You have to wait until the whole thing unfreezes to get that little bit of water out, then dry it, then freeze it, so it's a bit of a hassle still, in it's own right.

I've used the $29 WT about 50 times, and I guess it was worth it, if it broke now...

Also the $29 is easy to use, hold , and light, after using the saturn, it is the feeling of taking off a huge heavy bookbag, and feeling light again.

I don't expect the glass to break, it looks really sturdy for both of them. However if you are heavyhanded, or all Captain-Jack-Sparrow-ish.... :ko:

sessnet,
Reactions: vapeon

sessnet

Noob Saibot
p3143830.jpg

i guess why my 105 had better air flow because i was using the older stems with the slimmer bowl. this new bowls are just too tight for their own good.

DAMMM!! I was going to suggest the same thing, but, basically somehow file a channel in the glass (like the air intake on an MFLB) - along the sides of the stem. Since there is no EASY way to do this, I didn't suggest it. However, it seems you found an equivalent fix - freaking awesome!

sessnet,

ilovebOObs

Oh boobs, reinventing the wheel all by yourself :lol:

I'm not sure who it was anymore, I think either Ape or Dorkus but I might be off, but somewhere earlier in this thread someone carved/ground/saw/whatever little V-shaped cuts in the bottom of the stem to improve airflow and was very happy with the results. I guess melting it a bit works too :tup:

I'm a bit lazier myself and just wiggle my stems just a tiny bit while inhaling, creating a small gap between stem and bowl in the process.

hahaha i really can't help it, i think i have ocd or something. being lazy is a huge part in why i did this, i'm just too lazy too wiggle the stem around every hit. i just wanted something i can just use without even thinking about it.

ilovebOObs,

vape4life

Banned for life
Just got my 2nd Solo from Planet Vape (next day shipping!), this one is a black (m107) and i'm glad I made the switch. The black is a matte finish and seems a bit better quality than the silver I think. I ran it at 7 on two cycles and the robot fart is quite evident, although my silver m107 had the same thing for a few cycles and then went away forever (and i'm hoping the same for this black one).

Thanks again to PV for such an awesome deal, with the $20 of freebies, 10% discount, free shipping (next day!) and AAA customer service, how can you go wrong?

vape4life,

ilovebOObs

mine had the new electronics smell but after a few cycles it went away, my 105 and new 107 had this. the robot fart smell is totally different and never goes away, my old 104 ceramic had this smell.

ilovebOObs,

vape4life

Banned for life
mine had the new electronics smell but after a few cycles it went away, my 105 and new 107 had this. the robot fart smell is totally different and never goes away, my old 104 ceramic had this smell.

Oh, I must have the smells mixed up lol Yeah I have had this new electronics smell on everyone of my 5 solo's i've owned and it's always gone away, except for my very first m102... that smell just got worse and worse lol Good reassurance that your m107 smell went away too as did my silver m107.

Just finishing charging the battery...then going to do a couple more burn offs and start using this thing again! You gotta love the simplicity of the device and ease of use/ clean up.

Still trying to figure out which glass piece to buy for it as PV should be getting more adapters very soon. Do you think 14mm or 18mm?

vape4life,

ilovebOObs

it really depends on your needs. i just got the 14mm cause i have a a 18mm to 14mm reducer already, so i know it will work for any piece i got.

PlanetVape has alot of new stuff lined up, can't wait to try them all.

ilovebOObs,

vape4life

Banned for life
it really depends on your needs. i just got the 14mm cause i have a a 18mm to 14mm reducer already, so i know it will work for any piece i got.

PlanetVape has alot of new stuff lined up, can't wait to try them all.

Thanks, I was thinking about the two Black Leaf pieces from PV but somehow i'm not confident that the ergonomics will suit the Solo that great. The Inline is a 14mm but I think with the adapter the solo might be too high up near your head. The bubbler looks like it might be a decent fit, it's 18mm and would simply plop straight down, still i'm apprehensive. What I think I may do since i'll be getting a Cloud too, is buy a nice higher end piece like a Mobius and use it for both Solo and Cloud.

Well i'm very pleased to report that after only a few burn in cycles on setting 7, a light iso qtip wipe of the bowl, and another burn in on 7 and the new electronics smell is GONE just like my silver m107. Phew! Time to start enjoying this black baby! Next stop, Bubba Kush!

EDIT:

Well, i've hit this puppy a bunch of times and i'm quite impressed, even more so than my silver for some reason. I think this one might be running a tad warmer, more like my old m102 ceramic, pretty much exactly like it. I'm able to extract nice clouds at 3 and 4 and I remember 4 being my go-to for the m102 ceramic. My 105m was cool and I was up around 5 minimum and my last silver m107 i was up at 5 as well. I'm impressed, and very happy with it! I swear I can taste strains better with the solo than my EQ.

I haven't had it long, but so far my black m107 from PV is PERFECT. Hope I didn't just jinx myself there, but i'll be testing it out alot more. I'm not 100% certain but I think the warm up time is longer on this one compared to my silver m107. It's more on par with my old m102, but more testing will prove it.

EDIT AGAIN:

It takes 1m:45s to max temp 7 with the heat light stopping. I'm quite certain my silver m107 didn't take this long, and I know for a fact my old m105 would hit that same temp in a minute flat.

My old silver m107 had a brand new battery, and so is this one. I'm wondering if Arizer is tinkering with the software more, or if it's just a random fluke. Regardless, I like it! This is exactly like my old m102 ceramic, only SS.

vape4life,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
thanks Stu,
@ vapevoice this is what i did to solve my air-flow problem

i spent most of today voiding my solo warranty trying to figure out my air flow problem. i'm was either fixing it or i'm breaking it. here is a pic of some crap i tried but didn't work. :science:
p3143842.jpg

even tried drilling bigger hole in the bowl. lucky my drill bit was too worn down to do it, hahahah nothing i tested in the morning worked and i pretty much gave up. was gonna order tintest disk but then i had a break through. instead of modding the solo why not mod the stem.

p3143830.jpg

What exactly did you do to the stems??? Did you bend them??? How I thought they were glass??? (Dont have mine yet)...

Step by Step instructions.. I am a noob.. :)

Thanks!

Kuroth1,

woobawoot

Just got my 2nd Solo from Planet Vape (next day shipping!), this one is a black (m107) and i'm glad I made the switch. The black is a matte finish and seems a bit better quality than the silver I think. I ran it at 7 on two cycles and the robot fart is quite evident, although my silver m107 had the same thing for a few cycles and then went away forever (and i'm hoping the same for this black one).

Thanks again to PV for such an awesome deal, with the $20 of freebies, 10% discount, free shipping (next day!) and AAA customer service, how can you go wrong?

How much was the total cost?

woobawoot,
Top Bottom