Arizer Solo

vape4life

Banned for life
Would you guys recommend doing this now, still? I've had it for a few weeks... If it is indeed the shrinkwrap somehow, any way to just fix the problem there?

Actually - if I take the Solo apart somehow and sniff around - I am hoping to confirm its the shrinkwrap... what do you guys think?

personally i would clean it completely, use iso qtip, and then burn off a bunch of cycles at 7...do 4 or 5 or so and then see if it stinks.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
I've never been one to turn down trying something :/ So how much cotton should I use?

TINY wisp, the point is to just cover the holes, so just a thin bit. you don't wanna block airflow with a large amount, the purpose is to trap particular (to vape later lol). Then the screen on top, flat...lotsa room for herb. Then after a dozen or so bowls, take the cotton out carefully (it will want to stick to the glass because of the oil) and place it on the holes and vape on 7. You will get countless hits. Enjoy :)

vape4life,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
yea i just started doing that too. looking forward to vaping my first oil ball.

and thank for the wiggle suggestion sessnet, it improved the airflow for me. thinking of doing a solo/aquavape video when i have some time.

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: sessnet

natural farmer

A video would be really nice bOObs :) Maybe also some screen and cotton usage and some other glass hits if available. There really are very few videos out there showing Solo...

natural farmer,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
yeah its 3D, honestly used it a few time and that was it. i didn't get any ghosting issues, but 3D gaming made my head hurt so i sold my nvidia 3D setup. same thing when watching 3D movies, i really wanna get into it but i guess its just too much for me to handle.

my old 105 airflow was much better. everything is good with the 107 but draw is so much stiffer, its hard to get use to it.

Draw on your 107 cant be stiffer and harder than the MFLB can it???? Do you still like the 107 even with the stiffer draw???

Kuroth1,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Ok, ive My iolitte was plasticy, my Box was not magic enough, my omi didnt feel healthy, my Thermo revealed how toxic oil extracts are, and here I am, broken VHW in the drawer, suckin on my trusty herbalaire through some scientific glass, ready to try a Solo.

LOL Well put...

Kuroth1,

ilovebOObs

Draw on your 107 cant be stiffer and harder than the MFLB can it???? Do you still like the 107 even with the stiffer draw???

yea i still do. i just put the stem up a little before i hit it now so its working great now,.

ilovebOObs,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
TINY wisp, the point is to just cover the holes, so just a thin bit. you don't wanna block airflow with a large amount, the purpose is to trap particular (to vape later lol). Then the screen on top, flat...lotsa room for herb. Then after a dozen or so bowls, take the cotton out carefully (it will want to stick to the glass because of the oil) and place it on the holes and vape on 7. You will get countless hits. Enjoy :)

A Pic if you can would be great..

Kuroth1,

shadyonedeath

So just to ease my mind because I always want the "BEST" version of things...There's absolutely no difference between the M106 and M107 correct? Aside from the M106 having a Loose stem seal...

Does the company warrant this? Will they send me a replacement updated seal if I ask?

shadyonedeath,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
do you hear a vibration when you shake your solo or not?

None of the 5+ solo's I've handled had any sort of rattle. that said. if it were me I would look at vapeplexus take apart photos from the wiki entry and you can easily remove the 4 screws that slide the case off if removing the cap and inspecting does not reveal the problem. I dont take any responsibility for any damage you may incur but from my experience its extremely easy to dissasemble the solo if your patient. It might be something like a wire or connector rubbing.

Unfortunately the vaporpedia links are broken due to the new software. I need to talk with VTAC about this....

somehow user vapeplexus doesn't seem to exist either

ru_frothi,

ilovebOObs

None of the 5+ solo's I've handled had any sort of rattle. that said. if it were me I would look at vapeplexus take apart photos from the wiki entry and you can easily remove the 4 screws that slide the case off if removing the cap and inspecting does not reveal the problem. I dont take any responsibility for any damage you may incur but from my experience its extremely easy to dissasemble the solo if your patient. It might be something like a wire or connector rubbing.

Unfortunately the vaporpedia links are broken due to the new software. I need to talk with VTAC about this....

somehow user vapeplexus doesn't seem to exist either

is this what u looking for bud?
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-93#post-163709

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: rufrothy

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just got the disk in the mail from the FC member Tintest that he made for me. He actually made some a while ago, but he made them using brass, so I had to pass. He recently emailed me saying that he had some SS disks, so I grabbed one from him.

So far I'm very impressed by the difference this little thing makes. I would say that it has improved airflow by at least 25%. The abv comes out very evenly browned, but my Solo has always been pretty good in this regard anyway.

It made for more comfortable rips from my bubbler as it decreased the drag enough to really notice the difference.

I know a lot of you guys gave him some shit for selling them for $25, but I think it is a fair price to pay for his labor alone. I'm sure as hell not gonna go out and make one from scratch, and I certainly couldn't do it in less that the time it takes me to earn $25. Besides, he didn't come here trying to sell the things, he was just sharing his mod and he was then asked if he would sell them.

I wouldn't use it on the go, though as it would be easy to fall out when emptying a load by an inexperienced vaporist, an the disk gets really fucking hot. My buddy had it accidently fall into his hand and he screamed like a bitch.

Anyway, I have no idea if he wants to make anymore of these, but if you're interested, I'm sure he'd entertain an email. I give it :tup::tup:

1h4bjk.jpg
2ryjyhg.jpg

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Regarding the disk, I think my original assessment of 25% flow improvement may have been low. It's tough to gauge, really. But I've been pulling huge rips through my bub tonight. It may also have to do with the "spacer" minimizing conduction and maximizing convection. The abv is a more consistent dark brown, and not the really black abv that usually comes out around the bottom of the bowl. I think it may be actually increasing the efficiency of the unit by minimizing conduction. That to me was a secondary objective while trying out this disk, but it may prove to be the more important one after initial testing.

In any case, it's fun playin' with science. :science:

vape4life

Banned for life
Regarding the disk, I think my original assessment of 25% flow improvement may have been low. It's tough to gauge, really. But I've been pulling huge rips through my bub tonight. It may also have to do with the "spacer" minimizing conduction and maximizing convection. The abv is a more consistent dark brown, and not the really black abv that usually comes out around the bottom of the bowl. I think it may be actually increasing the efficiency of the unit by minimizing conduction. That to me was a secondary objective while trying out this disk, but it may prove to be the more important one after initial testing.

That's very cool! It's funny the little ideas and feedback here and there that improve this device. The future is gonna be pretty awesome with new and exciting vapes.

vape4life,

natural farmer

What's the difference if you put a screen where the disk is placed? I wonder as it could improve airflow much easier...

natural farmer,

sessnet

Noob Saibot

I got me a disk coming in the mail - hopefully today! The really slow pull is quite annoying to me.

Are you planning on opening the holes, as tintest had mentioned - to let in more air?

sessnet,
OK, this is a weird one, but bear with me:

After a week of joyful and heavy Solo useage I decided to do the ol' milkshake trick with the now funky stems. Thing is, the day after boiling the stems in milk, the draw through both stems feels more restricted. Has anyone else encountered anything like this, or any other situation whereby the draw seemed to suddenly change for the better or worse?

It does seem to be a little better / less drag as the evening wears on, but I'm worried this is just expectation bias (the flip side of that coin is being nihilistic about it - save me from myself, FC'ers).

TalkShowMan,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
OK, this is a weird one, but bear with me:

After a week of joyful and heavy Solo useage I decided to do the ol' milkshake trick with the now funky stems. Thing is, the day after boiling the stems in milk, the draw through both stems feels more restricted. Has anyone else encountered anything like this, or any other situation whereby the draw seemed to suddenly change for the better or worse?

It does seem to be a little better / less drag as the evening wears on, but I'm worried this is just expectation bias (the flip side of that coin is being nihilistic about it - save me from myself, FC'ers).

What could be happening is this: Before your stem might have had small particles on the rim, so the stem wasn't flush with the bottom of the bowl, letting in a bit more air. When you cleaned them - they sat flush with the bottom now, and create sort of an airlock, and thus harder draw.

Just a guess though, I can't seem to imagine how boiling glass can change its volume or shape.

sessnet,
What could be happening is this: Before your stem might have had small particles on the rim, so the stem wasn't flush with the bottom of the bowl, letting in a bit more air. When you cleaned them - they sat flush with the bottom now, and create sort of an airlock, and thus harder draw.

Just a guess though, I can't seem to imagine how boiling glass can change its volume or shape.
Cheers for the reply. Your theory does sound plausible, it's almost like a vacuum situation where the draw is unrestricted until the very point that the stem meets the bowl floor. Only thing is that the draw wasn't this restricted when the stems hadn't even been used. Hmm, heading out now so shall see if there's any improvement in a few hours when I get back.

TalkShowMan,

tintest

I just got the disk in the mail from the FC member Tintest that he made for me. He actually made some a while ago, but he made them using brass, so I had to pass. He recently emailed me saying that he had some SS disks, so I grabbed one from him.

So far I'm very impressed by the difference this little thing makes. I would say that it has improved airflow by at least 25%. The abv comes out very evenly browned, but my Solo has always been pretty good in this regard anyway.

It made for more comfortable rips from my bubbler as it decreased the drag enough to really notice the difference.

I know a lot of you guys gave him some shit for selling them for $25, but I think it is a fair price to pay for his labor alone. I'm sure as hell not gonna go out and make one from scratch, and I certainly couldn't do it in less that the time it takes me to earn $25. Besides, he didn't come here trying to sell the things, he was just sharing his mod and he was then asked if he would sell them.

I wouldn't use it on the go, though as it would be easy to fall out when emptying a load by an inexperienced vaporist, an the disk gets really fucking hot. My buddy had it accidently fall into his hand and he screamed like a bitch.

Anyway, I have no idea if he wants to make anymore of these, but if you're interested, I'm sure he'd entertain an email. I give it :tup::tup:

1h4bjk.jpg
2ryjyhg.jpg

Glad you are enjoying the disk!

Don’t forget the real reason I made the disk was to vape hash and not have to worry about filling the inlet air holes with goooooey hash abv.

Just press some hash to the disk, place the stem in the bowl. And vape-a-way… no need to fill the stem with bud. I load mine once for the whole night. Cleaning is easy remove and scrape.

I know this sounds like a commercial

Sorry guys!

tintest,

tintest

I got me a disk coming in the mail - hopefully today! The really slow pull is quite annoying to me.

Are you planning on opening the holes, as tintest had mentioned - to let in more air?
Sent yours the same day as stu hope you get it soon!:)

tintest,
Top Bottom