Arizer Solo

jambandphan03

in flavor country
tintest said:
jambandphan03 said:
I got new stems from PlanetVape today and they fit way more snug than the ones my Solo came with. I was on the verge of sending it back, and ordering a newer model because of the loose stems, but now that they fit tighter, I don't really have a reason to upgrade. I did find that I already have a hard case that the Solo fits in very nice, with more room for extras, now I am wondering what to do with the padded hard case that came with my Solo... sell it, or keep it for just in case...
What you going to do with those loose stems? Im interested :2c:

Just sent you an email... :)

jambandphan03,

Errol

Star
2clicker said:
it seems to me that the cotton would collect oil that was on its way to your lungs in the first place. sure its collecting what would collect on the glass, but its likely collecting more than just that.

it reminds me of a pollen screen in a grinder. its just removing a small portion of the goods to be saved for later. i removed the pollen screen layer from my grinder as i just want it all up front.

No oil collects on cotton wool which is in the bowl, since it is heated above the temperature needed to evaporate the oil; if the oil would stay on the cotton wool, it would stay on the original plant material.

Errol,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
shadyonedeath said:
ilovebOObs said:

Could you kindly post the specs of that gorgeous bong rip:
-How did you pack the bowl in Solo?
-What setting and how long did the bowl warm up.
-Anything else that could help me figure out why my clouds aren't coming out that thick.

I like to pack my bowl by sprinkling herb in the bowl till its full. Then I put stem in solo and turn on and set to 5. Mine is a 105ss model. Wait till it get to 4 then take a small toke just to get air going then wait till 5 and rip away.

If I pack a new bowl I wait like 30 sec. Before I start ripping. I think I vape too much in 12 min session I'll vape 3-4 stems.

ilovebOObs,

tintest

jambandphan03 said:
tintest said:
jambandphan03 said:
I got new stems from PlanetVape today and they fit way more snug than the ones my Solo came with. I was on the verge of sending it back, and ordering a newer model because of the loose stems, but now that they fit tighter, I don't really have a reason to upgrade. I did find that I already have a hard case that the Solo fits in very nice, with more room for extras, now I am wondering what to do with the padded hard case that came with my Solo... sell it, or keep it for just in case...
What you going to do with those loose stems? Im interested :2c:

Just sent you an email... :)
email did not come through? So...I just sent you an email... :)

tintest,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
not sure what the problem is, maybe the system is moving slow... didn't get your email yet either :lol: try my screen name @yahoo.com

jambandphan03,

hogleg

Errol said:
2clicker said:
it seems to me that the cotton would collect oil that was on its way to your lungs in the first place. sure its collecting what would collect on the glass, but its likely collecting more than just that.

it reminds me of a pollen screen in a grinder. its just removing a small portion of the goods to be saved for later. i removed the pollen screen layer from my grinder as i just want it all up front.

No oil collects on cotton wool which is in the bowl, since it is heated above the temperature needed to evaporate the oil; if the oil would stay on the cotton wool, it would stay on the original plant material.
do you have a solo? try it

hogleg,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So a word of caution... Those 306 drip tips I mentioned in an earlier post, do not at all fit in my new stems. I guess the fact that the stems and the drip tips both vary in size, it is not such a good find after all. I hope anyone who might have ordered some have good luck matching the tip to the stem. Sorry if it causes anyone problems. I did try to state the irregular size makes it risky... :/

jambandphan03,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hi Tintest. I did some of your modes to my M-106 SS.
Instead of an O-ring (neoprene ) I recycled an old cooking silicone
spatula :) rated 500F. Instead of your disk I used a SS domed screen
at the base of the heating chamber. Forget about loose stems now.
Airflow better than ever due to the clearance btwn the base/screen/stem :)
To cap it off, I cutted an extra SS screen and bowl it, works perfect for recovered
stickiness from stems&tubes,etc. Just scoop the gunk and top it above the herb.
At the end of the cycle, no remains from gunk ;). I don't know what's going on, but is
ceirtanly working muy bin. Gracias again @TINTEST.
When I figure out how to add photos to my post I'll paste some close ups for you guys.
Have more mods in my mind, ceramic little thing that is stuffed with herbs ?? Any ideas??
Thanks FC, I don't really remember what's to roll or burn anymore :)
Yeaaaaaaaaa :)

Zangano Cruel,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Right now testing some Agent Orange & Purple Kush together :)
Did I mention that a little nothing of herb lasts me forever??. If set it on 3
goes and goes and goes :)

Zangano Cruel,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
u bwade wunner said:
just in reply to the return postage charges for the solo.I have been asked by Arizer to pay $50 US to look at my smelly solo. Doesnt sit with me nicely either. you made it you fix it and don t release a product onto an unsuspecting audience unless its beta tested into the ground.

Seems like they have some new policies. I emailed Kevin late Thursday night and firmly but politely told him I did not think paying $30 to have my Solo returned to me after warranty work was going to work. I have not heard back. Now they want you to pay $50 to look at a warranty issue? Arizer is quickly going to lose their good customer service reputation with choices like these.

VapeArts,

u bwade wunner

VapeArts

I agree 50 bucks for return post (Im outside of US) and about 25 to ship it to them.do the maths bit of a rip off me thinks. I ll email them ;)

u bwade wunner,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
After two weeks of back and forth emails with arizer they aren't helping me with my smelly solo. My last arizer purchase.

elmomuzz,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Arizer would not pay my return shipping either but negotiated to send me accessories to compensate for shipping costs.

Gonzo,

shadyonedeath

ilovebOObs said:
shadyonedeath said:
ilovebOObs said:

-Anything else that could help me figure out why my clouds aren't coming out that thick.

I like to pack my bowl by sprinkling herb in the bowl till its full. Then I put stem in solo and turn on and set to 5. Mine is a 105ss model. Wait till it get to 4 then take a small toke just to get air going then wait till 5 and rip away.

If I pack a new bowl I wait like 30 sec. Before I start ripping. I think I vape too much in 12 min session I'll vape 3-4 stems.

do you pack the bud in lightly or not at all?

shadyonedeath,

Totte

Hi!

I just ordered this piece hope it will bring joy to me and many others:) It seems like a great product many good reviews cant wait thats why I took the 1-2 day shipping hehe

Totte,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
shadyonedeath said:
ilovebOObs said:
shadyonedeath said:

do you pack the bud in lightly or not at all?
Very lightly packed.

ilovebOObs,

norcal

just pulled the trigger on a m107 solo from puffitup.com,

went with express shipping so it should be here wednesday or thursday at the latest.

I will report back with a review. Also on tuesday im placing an order for the glass attachment and some screens and the case from planetvape.com

thanks all for making the choice an easy one, as i was looking for a portable but couldnt find anything i liked. I was about to settle for a ssv but i did some research on the solo and while ive heard its not as good in terms of clouds vs the ssv, the portability factor is what sold me.

norcal,

kozzy

Newbie here :D
Just finished reading the entire thread......
I love my Solo. Its my 1st vape, I am a lightweight. Combusted for 3 yrs or so a little (proto pipe), took a 7 yr break. Migraines returned with a vengeance so my family&friends got me a Solo.

Way back in mid thread someone asked for pictures of rigs/setup/storage etc... here is mine
http://www.box.com/s/teqmq26u2a7nj23gufmu

http://www.box.com/s/rljb33fx0i3sfh54vqbh

It all fits really nice in a irish tea tin I got long ago. The grinder came free with my Solo. The blue glass has fresh and the metal tin holds ABV. I made the pokey stick and the covers to protect the glass (Im a crafty mama :-)

kozzy,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Nice work on the stem coozies... I crochet too :) That looks like a good storage tin, lid doubles as a tray. Nice! :D

jambandphan03,

msb241178

Just ordered my M106 and case from vapecase, would of got a M107 from puffitup but wanted a case as well and certainly didnt want to pay customs charges on two seperate orders, made sense to buy it all, lock stock, from one place. Now, the waiting game :)

msb241178,

tintest

AceTK said:
Il be honest the solo does not like high airflow one bit and will only deliver thin vapor when forced through quick. On the flipside though if you get a real nice 150ml-250ml bong and draw slowly you can get some hella thick rips which will impress you given the size of the bowl on the solo. As with all vapes though its the thc content that matters most and the seriously milky hits can be made from filling the bowl with pure thc shake. No joke will turn the tube white and leave a thick brown tint after a few seconds and ul be gagging from pure awesomeness. Having gone from box vape and MFLB the benefits of guaranteed non combustion are priceless. The box vape does still win out on toke speed though but then it needs a plug and has all the whip and box etc. The solo is just well one neat package that works anywhere but you have to draw slower but not as slow as the MFLB but without risk of combustion or annoying battery swapping on MFLB. lol
shadyonedeath said:
I've noticed the top of my bowls are still green when i cash out. What's going on?

For all of you that are having problems getting monster hits with your Solo.
The problem is the stem. It sits on the holes on the bottom of the bowl. Lift your stems up. Use screens.

Jambandphan03 used screens.
jambandphan03 said:
I think that is why the double screen in the bowl works, I have the herb separated
from the bottom of the heat chamber with a screen, so almost no particles are dropping down to burn, and it allows a hot air space to form under the screen. So far it's working great, and the flavor is much improved. I wouldn't mind being able to vape some oils or hash though, that metal disk would open up more territory for that. Nice work on the disk!

The problem is the stem it sits right on top of the air flow holes at the bottem of the solos bowl.

Heres a visual of how my disk works.
ArizerSoloStainlesssteelDiskScreenoilvaporization.png

But best of all is now Im able to vaporize my harvested stem honey, honey oil, earwax, bubble hash concentrates.
Arizer Solo and my disk/screen

Honey oil is my main reason for making this disk. Noticed I have a dimple in the center of the disk, thats a holder for the honey oil. Protecting the solos bowl from getting all gummed up.

The heat chamber a just happened, but the result is thoroughly well vaporized herb front to back no more unvaped herb at the back of the stem.
DSC05435.jpg

DSC05432.jpg

DSC05431.jpg

DSC05426-1.jpg

DSC05422-1.jpg

DSC05421-1.jpg

DSC05426.jpg

tintest said:
AceTK said:
Il be honest the solo does not like high airflow one bit and will only deliver thin vapor when forced through quick. On the flipside though if you get a real nice 150ml-250ml bong and draw slowly you can get some hella thick rips which will impress you given the size of the bowl on the solo. As with all vapes though its the thc content that matters most and the seriously milky hits can be made from filling the bowl with pure thc shake. No joke will turn the tube white and leave a thick brown tint after a few seconds and ul be gagging from pure awesomeness. Having gone from box vape and MFLB the benefits of guaranteed non combustion are priceless. The box vape does still win out on toke speed though but then it needs a plug and has all the whip and box etc. The solo is just well one neat package that works anywhere but you have to draw slower but not as slow as the MFLB but without risk of combustion or annoying battery swapping on MFLB. lol
shadyonedeath said:
I've noticed the top of my bowls are still green when i cash out. What's going on?

For all of you that are having problems getting monster hits with your Solo.
The problem is the stem. It sits on the holes on the bottom of the bowl. Lift your stems up. Use screens.

Jambandphan03 used screens.
jambandphan03 said:
I think that is why the double screen in the bowl works, I have the herb separated
from the bottom of the heat chamber with a screen, so almost no particles are dropping down to burn, and it allows a hot air space to form under the screen. So far it's working great, and the flavor is much improved. I wouldn't mind being able to vape some oils or hash though, that metal disk would open up more territory for that. Nice work on the disk!

The problem is the stem it sits right on top of the air flow holes at the bottem of the solos bowl.

Heres a visual of how my disk works.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/mymyal/ArizerSoloStainlesssteelDiskScreenoilvaporization.png

But best of all is now Im able to vaporize my harvested stem honey, honey oil, earwax, bubble hash concentrates.
Arizer Solo and my disk/screen

Honey oil is my main reason for making this disk. Noticed I have a dimple in the center of the disk, thats a holder for the honey oil. Protecting the solos bowl from getting all gummed up.

The heat chamber a just happened, but the result is thoroughly well vaporized herb front to back no more unvaped herb at the back of the stem.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/mymyal/DSC05435.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/mymyal/DSC05432.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/mymyal/DSC05431.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/mymyal/DSC05426-1.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/mymyal/DSC05422-1.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/mymyal/DSC05421-1.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/mymyal/DSC05426.jpg

I love how much you are into your disk. Better patent that shit before someone steals it

Blackpanthaa,
Top Bottom