Arizer Solo

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
ilovebOObs said:
Stu said:
ili said:
Guys, is the Solo gentler to the throat than the Launch Box? I am planning on selling the box and getting me a solo...
Unfortunately I can not use my LB much anymore as it was causing me some problems because of the harshness/caughing.

I have no such issues with the Solo.

:peace:

maybe a custom stem can help? i don't use the mflb but i can't seem to find the heart to sell it, i must be nuts.
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4871/p2103106.jpg

Actually that advice is exactly backwards. My immediate reaction to Stu's post was "stem user". I know this is the Solo thread, but see:

Why do I cough when I use the draw tube but not when I use "native mode"?

The Solo stem can cause this too. I have given this advice to someone who was suffering this problem with the Solo (darkrom) but I don't recall in which thread. Perhaps he'll chime in and report on whether it worked for him.

pakalolo,

hogleg

The amount of "stuff" thats was collecting on the solo stems was bothering me especially when I suck the herb in to load it so I combined the 5/8" screens with the cotton from a qtip to make a pretty nice filter. With the screen domed the cotton is held in and it collects oil very rapidly.

hogleg,

photobooth

Have a lot of Solo+EQ owners found that the Solo has more or less replaced the EQ in their vape collection? I currently have a MFLB and my EQ which I primarily use for vaporbonging, but I like idea of being able to pass the whole vape and not worrying about tubing. I can't wait to see Planet Vape's GonG stems. How does the Solo's heater stack up to the EQ's for consistency of vapor production during high airflow like bonging?

photobooth,

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
Il be honest the solo does not like high airflow one bit and will only deliver thin vapor when forced through quick. On the flipside though if you get a real nice 150ml-250ml bong and draw slowly you can get some hella thick rips which will impress you given the size of the bowl on the solo. As with all vapes though its the thc content that matters most and the seriously milky hits can be made from filling the bowl with pure thc shake. No joke will turn the tube white and leave a thick brown tint after a few seconds and ul be gagging from pure awesomeness. Having gone from box vape and MFLB the benefits of guaranteed non combustion are priceless. The box vape does still win out on toke speed though but then it needs a plug and has all the whip and box etc. The solo is just well one neat package that works anywhere but you have to draw slower but not as slow as the MFLB but without risk of combustion or annoying battery swapping on MFLB. lol

AceTK,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Stu said:
You're not nuts, bOObs. I'll never sell mine, either. I just can't.

could also mean your nuts too, hahahaha

ili said:
Have tried custom stems (glass, wood, whip...) and the throat is easily irritated. I do about a gram per day now (up from half a gram) and maybe that's the reason. I hope by using the solo, as it medicates faster, my throat won't be subjected in hot vapor for so long. Maybe the faster hits help, what you think?

@bOObs, which is your daily driver? Solo or HI? Which is harsher? I guess HI but... And I love my box very much myself but the economy is not an economy any more and the box will have to go until everything gets better... :(

they both are my dailies, actually i can say i use 3-4 vapes in my daily routine :cool: , i just can't help it, i'm a very sick man. the HI can reach higher temps but just like the solo it can be cranked down, if you have the variable voltage adapter.

have you tried using with a good bubbler/bong it may help with the irritation.

sessnet said:
ilovebOObs: Did you ever use that MFLB - it looks brand new :)

i haven't used this one yet. it was a replacement for 1 i broke like a year ago but finally decided to send it in like 2 months ago. prolly will never use it, but i love having it around :) never got used to the draw and using it was a pita for me. but its my first real vape so i keep it for more sentimental reasons.

stickstones said:
boobs...can you compare the solo to the Hi for me? mostly with respect to airflow and cloud/hit satisfaction. I already ordered a HI and the Solo has been on my radar for a while now. I gather that the solo hits more like a PD, but I don't see an old school log vape in your sig.

the HI is my first log vape, but Gonzo should have a nice review soon of most of the major log vapes. as for cloud/hit satisfaction, it has to go the HI because of higher temp and greater airflow, delivers richer thicker clouds imo. i even tried to use the HI's glass turbo tube in the solo too, hahahaha doesn't work as well though :(
p2073088.jpg

photobooth said:
Have a lot of Solo+EQ owners found that the Solo has more or less replaced the EQ in their vape collection? I currently have a MFLB and my EQ which I primarily use for vaporbonging, but I like idea of being able to pass the whole vape and not worrying about tubing. I can't wait to see Planet Vape's GonG stems. How does the Solo's heater stack up to the EQ's for consistency of vapor production during high airflow like bonging?

solo bonging

ilovebOObs,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I got new stems from PlanetVape today and they fit way more snug than the ones my Solo came with. I was on the verge of sending it back, and ordering a newer model because of the loose stems, but now that they fit tighter, I don't really have a reason to upgrade. I did find that I already have a hard case that the Solo fits in very nice, with more room for extras, now I am wondering what to do with the padded hard case that came with my Solo... sell it, or keep it for just in case...

jambandphan03,

hogleg

solostem005.jpg

solostem006.jpg

solostem008.jpg

here is some pics after approx 10 bowls this is a VG screen and a qtip head notice how clean the stem is staying

hogleg,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
forgive me for not knowing this, but are you guys collecting the vape oil in the cotton and then vaping the cotton once it gets saturated? I realize the cotton is also being used as a filter, but I have seen several posts about people vaping the oil coated cotton... I will try using cotton as a screen on my next vape session.

jambandphan03,

hogleg

Yes the cotton can be vaped by just turning the solo all the way up and ran dry so to speak or take it out and put it on top of the screen

hogleg,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
nice, gonna have to try this cotton method, looks really cool. thanks for this.

ilovebOObs,

2clicker

Observer
it seems to me that the cotton would collect oil that was on its way to your lungs in the first place. sure its collecting what would collect on the glass, but its likely collecting more than just that.

it reminds me of a pollen screen in a grinder. its just removing a small portion of the goods to be saved for later. i removed the pollen screen layer from my grinder as i just want it all up front.

2clicker,

shadyonedeath

Why are you guys so anal about all these attachments/filters (besides metal screen)? Whats wrong with the unit alone itself?

shadyonedeath,

u bwade wunner

just in reply to the return postage charges for the solo.I have been asked by Arizer to pay $50 US to look at my smelly solo. Doesnt sit with me nicely either. you made it you fix it and don t release a product onto an unsuspecting audience unless its beta tested into the ground.

On a nicer note I m toying with an idea i had..It would be to custom order an ebony stem like the crz or Hi to suit my black solo with a a stainless bowl incl screen to fit inside the solo.It will have 3 teeth or protruding steps on the outside edge of the material bowl to keep the bottom of the herb bowl of the heater bottom.It will allow better air circulation from the 3 heat inlets of the heater into the material in the bowl and a solid unbreakable ebony stem with a tight fit in the solo.no more loose breakable glass.

I have a vernier here so ill measure and contact ed.what do you guys think??.

yes :lol: and I, like a few of you broke my 4 hole glass stem last night :uhoh: more shipping and waiting from the states.
edit emailed Ed

u bwade wunner,

tintest

shadyonedeath said:
I've noticed the top of my bowls are still green when i cash out. What's going on?
The same thing was happening to me. Check out my post on page 191 :)

tintest,

tintest

AceTK said:
Il be honest the solo does not like high airflow one bit and will only deliver thin vapor when forced through quick. On the flipside though if you get a real nice 150ml-250ml bong and draw slowly you can get some hella thick rips which will impress you given the size of the bowl on the solo. As with all vapes though its the thc content that matters most and the seriously milky hits can be made from filling the bowl with pure thc shake. No joke will turn the tube white and leave a thick brown tint after a few seconds and ul be gagging from pure awesomeness. Having gone from box vape and MFLB the benefits of guaranteed non combustion are priceless. The box vape does still win out on toke speed though but then it needs a plug and has all the whip and box etc. The solo is just well one neat package that works anywhere but you have to draw slower but not as slow as the MFLB but without risk of combustion or annoying battery swapping on MFLB. lol
My solo hits like a steamroller! I did enlarged the intake holes and added my disk. :cool:

tintest,

tintest

2clicker said:
it seems to me that the cotton would collect oil that was on its way to your lungs in the first place. sure its collecting what would collect on the glass, but its likely collecting more than just that.

it reminds me of a pollen screen in a grinder. its just removing a small portion of the goods to be saved for later. i removed the pollen screen layer from my grinder as i just want it all up front.
I total agree I harvest my stem honey and mix it with the pollen (so its not sticky) and vaporize it on the bad days. (Medical)

tintest,

tintest

jambandphan03 said:
I got new stems from PlanetVape today and they fit way more snug than the ones my Solo came with. I was on the verge of sending it back, and ordering a newer model because of the loose stems, but now that they fit tighter, I don't really have a reason to upgrade. I did find that I already have a hard case that the Solo fits in very nice, with more room for extras, now I am wondering what to do with the padded hard case that came with my Solo... sell it, or keep it for just in case...
What you going to do with those loose stems? Im interested :2c:

tintest,

hogleg

tintest said:
2clicker said:

I total agree I harvest my stem honey and mix it with the pollen (so its not sticky) and vaporize it on the bad days. (Medical)
yeah but I have shit to harvest all over the place and these bent stems are hard to reclaim the cotton is like a secret stash full of goodies try it you will be amazed by the hits you can get off the cotton alone

hogleg,

tintest

hogleg said:
tintest said:
2clicker said:

yeah but I have shit to harvest all over the place and these bent stems are hard to reclaim the cotton is like a secret stash full of goodies try it you will be amazed by the hits you can get off the cotton alone
Im down, Ill try it. Sounds like it could save me time, stem cleaning takes forever! :lol:

tintest,
Top Bottom