Arizer Solo

OF

I think I may have killed my solo! I have had it two weeks, an m1c1. I was using it today with the straight stem, and it fell off my lap, stem down. Now it will only blink idle, and sometimes the top orange led will light up if I press buttons and stuff. I tried resetting, to no avail.

It seems my issue is that I have mashed my heating element down about a millimeter or so.

See the little gap between the element and the black ring?

Is there anything I can do to remedy this? I am willing to take it apart if I need to and can solder/etc.

Edit: Screws are out because I couldn't help but carefully take it apart to look for issues.

Sorry you're having issues. The gap is normal and necessary, air is drawn through it. While the size and uniformity varies some in unit's I've inspected, it's there and necessary.

I'd suggest you put the screws back in. If you haven't broken they yet, the thermistor and heater leads are sure to get broken this way. You need to disassemble the unit from below and disconnect the two cables to the PCB under the heater before removing those screws. That will definitely kill the unit.

While it's a strong unit, glued together with furnace cement, the heater is not a user repairable assembly. Replacement is the only option I think. You can carefully disassemble the unit to get access to the cable area, not removing those four screws holding the heater in, and measure the resistance of the heater and sensor. The heater should be a few Ohms and the sensor something in the few K range IIRC. Sticking my finger in against the metal warmed it up enough to change the reading a little. If it's been broken one or the other will read open circuit, but unless you've broken a lead by removing the screws I strongly doubt that.

Being as it's so new, I think your best option might be to carefully put it back together and send it in?

Good luck, but IMO you're going the wrong way about this. Caution is advised, guys have broken them this way......this is the voice of experience you're hearing here....... I got lucky and was able to repair the damage I did, it could easily have been elsewhere on the lead leaving me SOL.

OF

yaron

hi,im sure that the following point has been discussed but im just wondering.
the glass stem is wobbling in the unit after inserting it for the first time.
is this ok?i am a little bit scared that i broke something.
on the other hand i do get nice thick vapor.

yaron,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
hi,im sure that the following point has been discussed but im just wondering.
the glass stem is wobbling in the unit after inserting it for the first time.
is this ok?i am a little bit scared that i broke something.
on the other hand i do get nice thick vapor.
It's normal for it to loosen up. You're still getting thick vapor so you haven't broken anything yet ;)

Burt

Confession time- I don't know if I've just made my way directly to the gutter or this is normal, but I now empty the spent bowl directly into my mouth.

On its own, I find the high a bit wrong- kinda speedy and hard to concentrate, and a bit 'subliminal' like anti-depressants. But there's definitely too much active ingredient left to throw it out (despite multiple passes/coffee grounds colour), so I figure what the hell.

Now I am addicted to the taste. It's like pesto or something, and is amazing with those sorts of flavours. If the direct route is too lip-burny, try mixing up about 20 vaped bowls-worth to a glug of olive oil, balsamic and some parmesan shavings - it is a brilliant salad dressing.

as

@OF i bin having some problems with my solo and could use a hand my solo terns of some times be for it can reach 7 then i will ten it back on and il have 5 battery left after like 2 mins of heating im battery drops 2 lights per season takes longer so it fells to reach 7 and when it dose it the heat light will some time not stop blinking

dose it sound like the battery's are going to die soon i can get a replacement battery put in for £35

as,
Reactions: OF

as

@ataxian hows that work you quoted me but i dont see my name

wish i had the funds to have 2 solo !
but i fell i wold have to try something new if im getting a new vape can see maybe flash vape in my path maybe pnp

i see you are rocking the wood stem to day i love mine wood stem and gong is all i use in my solo now

as,
Reactions: ataxian

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Confession time- I don't know if I've just made my way directly to the gutter or this is normal, but I now empty the spent bowl directly into my mouth.

On its own, I find the high a bit wrong- kinda speedy and hard to concentrate, and a bit 'subliminal' like anti-depressants. But there's definitely too much active ingredient left to throw it out (despite multiple passes/coffee grounds colour), so I figure what the hell.

Now I am addicted to the taste. It's like pesto or something, and is amazing with those sorts of flavours. If the direct route is too lip-burny, try mixing up about 20 vaped bowls-worth to a glug of olive oil, balsamic and some parmesan shavings - it is a brilliant salad dressing.
In a pinch, I do the same! When I don't have time to make Firecrackers! Tablespoon's worth, approximately, in the mouth for a second turns it into a single swallow with water... then an immediate peanut butter chaser (another tablespoon). Again, used only in emergencies!

And armed with a Stealth Solo Cup setup, the times of emergency are now few and far between!

Oh, it does add a kick to spaghetti sauce, if you add it after the initial higher temp heating while it's barely simmering.... :tup:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian hows that work you quoted me but i dont see my name

wish i had the funds to have 2 solo !
but i fell i wold have to try something new if im getting a new vape can see maybe flash vape in my path maybe pnp

i see you are rocking the wood stem to day i love mine wood stem and gong is all i use in my solo now
@as I have so many ascessaries It's easier for me to have SOLO's for my portables. I would hate to buy asecessories for 3 different devices.
My 3rd SOLO will be here this week.
I can share the adapters with the different SOLO's.
I'm just trying to keep it simple.

as

now that is a point i did not think of damm why you got to do this to me for i
do like to get new stuff but i no i love solos i could get a silver one
i do already have stems pa gong
im confused......

ps just remembered i have bills to pay :mad: and probley can not afford a new vape at the moment

JCat

Accessory Maker
now that is a point i did not think of damm why you got to do this to me for i
do like to get new stuff but i no i love solos i could get a silver one
i do already have stems pa gong
im confused......

ps just remembered i have bills to pay :mad: and probley can not afford a new vape at the moment
Cannabis helps with forgetting though :lol:

lilrad1

Hey fellow vaporists,

So I have had my solo M1A model for 5 months and she's a beaut. Went ahead and bought the phves shorty turbo from planet vape and by putting in a dome screen I am using .1 and .2 bowls which get me heavily medicated :) I have one question for you guys I am just wondering if anyone has turned their solo into a bucket or gravity bong? I'm thinking that it would work like a dream any thoughts on how big of bottle or any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

lilrad1,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
@Burt , I norally finish emptying my solo stem by sucking the rest out with a straw. It is part of my routine and I also like the taste. I hate the taste anytime I have used it in cooking though. Unlike @DDave , I don't add peanut butter or oils as then it tastes bad to me. Raw it tastes nutty.

Taxi keep up the good work. I have been switching stems a lot lately and just the other day I cleaned that oily stem. I had to leave it in iso for days and there are still some black marks on the cuts in the hes stem that I am slowly picking out with my finger nail. It may take forever. I will never do that again but it was fun.
Here is a pic for those who never saw it.
Hlvbug8.jpg

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@Burt , I norally finish emptying my solo stem by sucking the rest out with a straw. It is part of my routine and I also like the taste. I hate the taste anytime I have used it in cooking though. Unlike @DDave , I don't add peanut butter or oils as then it tastes bad to me. Raw it tastes nutty.

Taxi keep up the good work. I have been switching stems a lot lately and just the other day I cleaned that oily stem. I had to leave it in iso for days and there are still some black marks on the cuts in the hes stem that I am slowly picking out with my finger nail. It may take forever. I will never do that again but it was fun.
Hlvbug8.jpg
Wow Dreamerr! What a delicious looking stem!!!! :drool:

I agree with you on the flavor of ABV being nice and nutty, but the times when I downed it without peanut butter (or something fatty), I don't seem to get near the effects. That's why I have a kind-of brief two-course meal. Tablespoon ABV downed with water, followed by tablespoon of Peanut Butter (or Nutella). With that, and an hour's time, I'm set for a while.... :smug:

That is an awesome thought! I always packed up the ABV from remote solo sessions and added to the repository at home. Far easier to flip the straw around once cool and properly dispose of the ABV by sucking it out of the stem.... LOL

:rockon:

OF

@OF i bin having some problems with my solo and could use a hand my solo terns of some times be for it can reach 7 then i will ten it back on and il have 5 battery left after like 2 mins of heating im battery drops 2 lights per season takes longer so it fells to reach 7 and when it dose it the heat light will some time not stop blinking

dose it sound like the battery's are going to die soon i can get a replacement battery put in for £35

Sadly it's sounds like it's dying all right. 35 Pounds is a good price, IMO. We don't have such a source here I know of.

Best wishes.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Hlvbug8.jpg
@Dreamerr you are amazing! I can never get my stems as oily as you do. I clean way to often. I was messing with some new water pieces lately however just the basic PHVES with a CHILLUM tip as been my driver before bed. With GDP it's is so unreal! I know I appear to be a cheap ass. However I'm just trying to keep it all together. I have a new version SOLO on the way. Why not buy the latest greatest portable?
Because I have so many gizmos (accessories) To much stuff to manage. I have to keep it really simple. The SOLO fits my medical needs so I just stay with them.
Oh I forgot GDP was the cheapest strain on the menu? However the flavor and effect is out of this world!
ACRES of DIAMONDS are under our feet!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Took my pvhes gong and added 1/4 stem fine ground Earth OG. Then added 1/4 stem finely ground hash. Put Solo on 5, light tasty hits. Bump to 6, milk. Half dozen hits or so, then stirred. Flower on the bottom was an even yellow. Added two scoops of Chocolope kief, got a few hits before it times out. Restart, hit it again a half dozen times. Constantly chalks my glass. Stop about 5 minutes in for tea. Decide to add 1/4 stem of fresh ground flower mixed in. Still going strong.

I feel funny :|

Top Bottom