Arizer Solo

Caligula

Maximus
Oh. I see what you did there. ;)

Side note: Ive noticed my draw has become much more restricted lately. It feels like ive got a stem too tightly packed even if theres a very lightly loaded load in there.

The heater air holes seem to be clear but im thinking maybe ABV is clogging the pathway? Anyone more familiar with the internal layout of the Solo want to chime in?

Caligula,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hi jivebuggered,

When I got my PNWT the only vendor that would ship to Oz was theyoyokid. Certainly Vapor Blunt wasn't shipping here and I think that's still the case. Postage was steep at $30 but the price of the tube + postage will still come out the same or cheaper than the F-Bomb. I love the PNWT. The draw on it is beautiful and light. It actually feels to me like it lowers the resistence coming from the stem, although I'm not sure how that's possible.

Technically,water reduces the amount of goodies that get to your lungs. Practically, you will probably get stronger effects. Most of us can draw longer and take bigger hits with water and can also take those hits closer together and this gives stronger effects than a larger amount of material consumed over even a slightly longer time.

Flavor isn't diminished much at all from the little bit of water in the PNWT. Level 3 with water tastes much better than level 4 dry and I find that the effects I get from 3 with water are satisfying, whereas if I'm vaping dry I need to go to 4 to get the same kick.

If you've got your heart set on a PNWT, I would wait for it to come back into stock at theyoyokid1. Otherwise I'm sure you would be happy with an F-Bomb.

If you don't need a straight water tube there is the Black Leaf inline diffuser at PV for $70 or $80. There is also another Black Leaf one around the same price that @ataxian uses. This one takes an 18mm GonG though.

There is one more option for hydrating your vapour. Thermovape have a moisture conditioner called the Smooth-Flow. I have one and I can insert it into the mouthpiece end of the Solo stem (it may not fit in every stem. It fits in my straight stock stem and my straight PVHES, but not my bent stock stem). This does a great job of taking the harshness off the vapour. You can get one of these from Thermovape or from Australian Vaporizers.

Planet Vape is the only place to get their GonG's apart from somewhere in England. Shipping from PV is cheap. Watch it though. Sometimes it's cheaper to post 2 items separately rather than together. If you buy 2 GonG's it will cost you $10 or $20. It's definitely $10 for one.

You asked about the orientation of the solo in water pipes. The Solo can be used on any angle without any problems. Have you been using it upside down like a rat feeder tube?

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers
TF
I think it's a matter of restriction prefence?

I like a 18mm fitting of a water piece. Then let me decide if I need to use a reducer bushing or not?
The PNWT did not work for me.
Then again my needs are medical and I like a smaller mouth piece. Recreational users like bong type mouth pieces so it really is a matter of preference.

This set up was cheap however blows away every thing I've tried!

ataxian,
Reactions: Tom Funk

as

So I think my solo is slowly diying on me just had it shut down befor it would heat up to 7
help me some one i love my solo
Is this a battery problom ?
My solo
Keeps shutting off way befor 12 mins
Battery falls 2 lights per session
Doesn't seam to want to get to 7 it's a lot slower and the heat light will only stop for a few seconds

as,

as

Think I got it late 2012 if its a battery problom I can send it in to a uk vape shop for a small fee to replace the battery

as,
Reactions: ataxian

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Oh. I see what you did there. ;)

Side note: Ive noticed my draw has become much more restricted lately. It feels like ive got a stem too tightly packed even if theres a very lightly loaded load in there.

The heater air holes seem to be clear but im thinking maybe ABV is clogging the pathway? Anyone more familiar with the internal layout of the Solo want to chime in?
Is your screen clean?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Clean enough. Although I think I found the issue. Stand by on that one though...
Wait! Don't tell us!

puffbunny.jpg

:rofl: Sorry, I had to go there!

gbetter

I'm confused. Got the m1d but in 2011 instructions that came with it say can't use when charging. Can buy special charger for that they say. I thought I could use when charging.

When charging first time just let it go until green charging light quits blanking and stays on solid? No need to charge further?

gbetter,

Caligula

Maximus
Problem solved.

So check this out... see the black rubber ring around the top of the heating chamber (it's slightly raised)?

7lsc.jpg

Well, somehow part of that got pushed in, making it "flush". I thought this was a good thing, so I tried to make the rest of it flush (that rubber part prevents me from putting the cap on when using a high temp o-ring). Problem is that when I did this, the stems would no longer fit into the Solo.

Anyway, I pulled it back out with my fingernal and wouldnt you know it? Airflow issue solved.

Now I need to get back to playing with this new 18mm PVHE gong that @syrupy sent me.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I'm confused. Got the m1d but in 2011 instructions that came with it say can't use when charging. Can buy special charger for that they say. I thought I could use when charging.

When charging first time just let it go until green charging light quits blanking and stays on solid? No need to charge further?

The new models that can be used while charging is the 2014 models. In 2011 M1d is the older ones that needed a separate plugin to use while plugged in (its big and bulky) but you couldn't charge it. You had to charge it with the original charger it came with(its a smaller charger) and you can't charge and use at the same time.

Edit: I misunderstood your post, stoner brain.

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: ataxian

Tom Funk

They have updated the features but not the instructions. Try it. You'll see it works.

the.cheat

I think I may have killed my solo! I have had it two weeks, an m1c1. I was using it today with the straight stem, and it fell off my lap, stem down. Now it will only blink idle, and sometimes the top orange led will light up if I press buttons and stuff. I tried resetting, to no avail.

It seems my issue is that I have mashed my heating element down about a millimeter or so.
Pe3wkQh.jpg

See the little gap between the element and the black ring?

Is there anything I can do to remedy this? I am willing to take it apart if I need to and can solder/etc. I purchased it from ebay apparently with a warranty. I am a college student who could barely swing this in the first place, let alone replace it. I've pretty much been switched to vapor over combustion for 6 months or so and it would kill me to have to go back! Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions!

Edit: Screws are out because I couldn't help but carefully take it apart to look for issues.

Modnote: Edited to fix picture link

Last edited:
the.cheat,

jivebuggered

Hi jivebuggered,

When I got my PNWT the only vendor that would ship to Oz was theyoyokid. Certainly Vapor Blunt wasn't shipping here and I think that's still the case. Postage was steep at $30 but the price of the tube + postage will still come out the same or cheaper than the F-Bomb. I love the PNWT. The draw on it is beautiful and light. It actually feels to me like it lowers the resistence coming from the stem, although I'm not sure how that's possible.

Technically,water reduces the amount of goodies that get to your lungs. Practically, you will probably get stronger effects. Most of us can draw longer and take bigger hits with water and can also take those hits closer together and this gives stronger effects than a larger amount of material consumed over even a slightly longer time.

Flavor isn't diminished much at all from the little bit of water in the PNWT. Level 3 with water tastes much better than level 4 dry and I find that the effects I get from 3 with water are satisfying, whereas if I'm vaping dry I need to go to 4 to get the same kick.

If you've got your heart set on a PNWT, I would wait for it to come back into stock at theyoyokid1. Otherwise I'm sure you would be happy with an F-Bomb.

If you don't need a straight water tube there is the Black Leaf inline diffuser at PV for $70 or $80. There is also another Black Leaf one around the same price that @ataxian uses. This one takes an 18mm GonG though.

There is one more option for hydrating your vapour. Thermovape have a moisture conditioner called the Smooth-Flow. I have one and I can insert it into the mouthpiece end of the Solo stem (it may not fit in every stem. It fits in my straight stock stem and my straight PVHES, but not my bent stock stem). This does a great job of taking the harshness off the vapour. You can get one of these from Thermovape or from Australian Vaporizers.

Planet Vape is the only place to get their GonG's apart from somewhere in England. Shipping from PV is cheap. Watch it though. Sometimes it's cheaper to post 2 items separately rather than together. If you buy 2 GonG's it will cost you $10 or $20. It's definitely $10 for one.

You asked about the orientation of the solo in water pipes. The Solo can be used on any angle without any problems. Have you been using it upside down like a rat feeder tube?

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers
TF

Thanks for the reply and info very much appreciated. I actually ordered the PWT from Vaporblunt they took my money and I was able to put Australia in settings so I sure hope they will be sending cost $112 AD total. I must admit (I will email now) they have not as yet posted hope they are not going to now give me the out of stock bullshit? If it does get posted the PWT will just be good for looking at until I can get the fittings pretty well stuffed without one. Thanks for your feedback re reduction of taste through water etc. On a different note have you or other members used the "smoke buddy"? I find it great when I stay in a motels etc and want to keep the odor down . I take a toke on the vap and blow the contents into the Smoke Buddy with zero vapor on exit works great.

jivebuggered,
Reactions: Tom Funk

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Vaped forever, didnt it?
Half stem of Earth OG (favorite planetary strain!) and enough hash crumbs to completely cover the flower. Melted right in, gave it a stir around 10 minutes and finished strong. I don't usually get hash, honestly I prefer a good bubble hash to most other concentrates, but it's really nice in the Solo :nod:

llamaman001

ooohh man oh man....If any of you use an e-nano I would suggest scraping out all the junk that is under the screen and in the joint and making a big ball and covering it with some nicely ground bud and throwing it in the solo! 2 full runs on 5 already and its still blowing clouds. blown away

Caligula

Maximus
Half stem of Earth OG (favorite planetary strain!) and enough hash crumbs to completely cover the flower. Melted right in, gave it a stir around 10 minutes and finished strong. I don't usually get hash, honestly I prefer a good bubble hash to most other concentrates, but it's really nice in the Solo :nod:

I got some full melt from NCR a while ago. Threw it in a Solo stem... the stem out lasted me. LOL.

cawshook

Solod out.
I got some full melt from NCR a while ago. Threw it in a Solo stem... the stem out lasted me. LOL.
I have the same experience. I can go on for like 4 sessions with one bowl of hash. I love it. I have been vaping a hash flower sandwich for the past week. Gets me high as fuck off 2 bowls. Also in my experience hash is smoother.
That being said, I find some hashes just dont work well with the solo. not enough heat i guess.

Top Bottom