Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Solo smells the least of the all vaporizers I own. Get the black unit, it is more stealth. It doesn't look like anything in particular if the stem isn't in it.

You could make up something, like some kind of carpenters or car tool if it was accidentally left out, only if you were talking to someone that wouldn't know the difference, like my sister or mom.

Keep it out of sight, the smell doesn't linger, a candle was a good idea.

You really can't go wrong with the Solo. It's a very dependable unit.

Last edited:

extracrispy

<snip>

EdStem4_zps64377193.jpg

Diggin' that paint job, or skin, or whatever, on your Solo. Did you do that yourself? Way cool!

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Diggin' that paint job, or skin, or whatever, on your Solo. Did you do that yourself? Way cool!
Thanks, yup a DIY.
Used a laptop skin I had around. Some careful cutting of the rectangle for the body. Hardest part is getting the diameter to bump ends when wrapped.
Wrapped using the upper round part as a guide and only stuck the lower sides on the round part. Used a heat gun while sticking the flatter parts on working from the center of flat area outwards. The heat makes the skin more flexible for the non-cylinder parts. Then cut the section out where the controls slide back in with a utility knife. Same idea for the cap but much easier.
Each skin would let one have two attempts. They are fairly cheap from freebay here. I had gotten 3 a while back after I spilled some solvent over my laptop. :doh:
Tons of designs out there.

Herd Giver

A bit of an urgent question...

What is the ideal temperature level for pain relief? Obviously pain-relief is largely strain dependent, but I'm a bit of a pinch here. Just had a splitting headache come on... migraine-esque. Pulsating pressure and pain around side and back of head... it's an exertion headache. Need pain relief ASAP.

Herd Giver,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I'm no expert, but I believe higher temps have pain relieving properties.

I usually take my stems to 7 anyway, but if the headache is that bad, I'd suggest going as high temp as you can bear the taste of.

Also, I'd suggest walking up the temps a bit instead of going full blast at 7 from the get go, as I've always found coughing exacerbates headaches.

Disclaimer:
I have no real idea what specific compounds are released, just seem to remember that high temps=more sedative and pain relief

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Looky what I got in the mail today.

EdStem1_zps68d5be30.jpg
EdStem2_zps92e0dc4c.jpg
EdStem3_zps2e096c01.jpg

Yes, An Ed's wooden custom stem.
Requested it short and Gong style with good visible hardwood grain. This is Zebra wood and fits the 14mm stuff great. Just finishing off it's first time run now.

Was concerned it would be hard to separate the pieces while inhaling but it fits very tight into the oven that it needs a good pull to get out. So far. a non issue, as it separates easily at the connection.

Wow, just had the last couple pulls at 6. Hope that wooden taste dies down some. Was OK till I cranked the heat for the last hits.

No more worrying about breaking the stem. And smaller footprint. However, I can see using by itself will be at lower setting and slow inhales do to the heat. (Short direct vapor travel distance.)
Restriction is just a little more than my HES under the same setup. (tighter fit?)

All in all, a happy camper.

EdStem4_zps64377193.jpg

Right on Pipes, am glad you dig it! The wood taste will subside the more you use it, the wood will season like any wood pipe and will loose its earthy flavor. Hope you enjoy it for a long time to come.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Quick check - in : I miss you guys.
Its been 4 and half month sober and still going, I failed obtaining a medical license and it seems that I'll be sober for the next 2 years...
The legal shit has yet to start so the only thing that is currently sinking in my bankroll due to lawyers fee which seems now that it didn't help much...
I'm positive that shit won't hit the fan but as for vaporizing I doubt I will be able to comeback to anytime soon ;/

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hopefully I can come back here and give my notes over legal herbs...I don't know what the hell is going with my trial just that they since didn't get the results back from the lab, they took 80g AVB and I'm hoping it will turn out as 8g or less hehe...they also took catnip as part of my MMJ lolz...

Things are slow and I'm on the pill...in 2 month I'll start reducing it...I can only comment that my sex drive has been really down and I gained some weight...
I made a promise to dear 'ol' dad the doctor never to use MJ again so in the time being I'm keeping my promise....

Hope you're all vaping an extra one for me :)

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Personally I don't care, however you may want to word questions like that differently when posting here... Maybe make the query more general?

http://fuckcombustion.com/rules/

Forum Policies:

This forum is for mature adults only. We don’t want to hear about you needing to hide things from your parents.
jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

It's called a jump to conclusions mat :whip:*Hyah*

daviddreamer

I bought from Ebay. Myrubberneck.com has a high rating there. I am now discovering that this forum says to stay away from them and another thread says that they are falsely advertising that they are authorized resellers of Arizer products. I am wondering if their Solos are bought cheaply as refurbished lemons, as mine burns herb on the #1 setting. I have contacted them three or four ways, but I have not heard back yet. I will give them a couple of more days before using the Ebay guarantee. If I have to pay $80 bucks for shipping both ways for a replacement it defeats the purpose of the cheapo price. Ughhhhh!!!! I assumed those ratings of companies on Ebay were accurate. The product doesn't work as advertised in any way shutting off after starting half the time, then the auto shutoof going into effect after five minutes rather than 12. The most frustrating is the buring, which makes the product useless.

daviddreamer,

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
I ordered from them on the 1st. 2 day shipping, it just arrived 5 seconds ago. Will open now. Hope it ain't a lemon.

Maine420,

Herd Giver

Alright... headache better now!

Have a question more related to the solo.

I've recently been using the straight stock stem, and I've been having what I consider pretty good success using it (big vapor clouds and it hits for awhile). I figured I'd try using my bent stem as I hadn't used it in awhile. A bit to my surprise, I was blowing thin clouds. Tried shifting the position of the stem, among various other techniques that I've learned over the past few months to increase vapor production and didn't have much luck.

So, as for the question: has anyone else experienced this as well? Does the straight stem provide better airflow than the bent?

I recently ordered a PVHES bent shorty turbo, along with some o-rings and ultra-fine screens... so, assuming those do their job and increase performance, this issue will be moot within a week or so, but I was curious nonetheless.

Herd Giver,
Top Bottom