Arizer Solo

Herd Giver

The bent stem seems to be looser then the straight so once you have an o-ring all should be good.

Sounds good!

On a related note, I expect that I may be purchasing one of Ed's stems down the road. The appeal of the wood (both with regards to taste & breaking concerns (or a lack thereof, I suppose) are hard to resist. I went with the PVHES this time, but once I get a paycheck or two, I expect I'll be ordering a batch of timber :D

Tons of cool stuff going on in both the Solo & vaporizer world. Cool forum here guys! I'm new, but can already tell this is a pretty radical place. :smug:

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
Ok folks, my new Solo-M1D2-cannot fit the stock or PVHES stem into unit? Maybe let this thing heat up more??

Maine420,
Reactions: Snappo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
@ clouded vision ah now you are starting to sound like me:huh:

@ Herd Giver , welcome to the forum and a carlin lover can't be all that bad:wave:

Edit: @Maine420 , does your other stems fit? I have had one stem from PV turbo straight, that didn't fit through the lid so if I wanted to use it I had to take the lid off to put it in and then put the lid over the top of the stem. If that is the case give them a shout out to get a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The bent stem will also have slightly more condensation where the vapor particles "bounce" off the bend but this is negligible at best and definitely wouldn't lead to noticeably smaller clouds which now has me questioning why I'm even writing this in the first place lol

I use my GonG wet or dry.
Set up my vacuum chamber.
Vacuum x4 more powerful!
SOLO SESSION while processing!

Mrmrmrmr

Alright my solo has had problems charging for months... When I plug it in the lights flicker between 1-3 . If I was to order a new battery would this solve the problem ?
I believe the charger is fine I think it's the solo but of course I'm not sure which is why I'm asking the experts !!

Mrmrmrmr,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
@Mrmrmrmr , did you try the reset posted somewhere lol sorry:mental:. Oh ok here it is:clap:
reset (holding both buttons for 4 secs while "charging" and then unplugging after 10 secs)

If that doesn't work you can do a hard reset by taking the battery out waiting like so,
disassembling the unit very carefully and unplugging the battery pack for a minute or so

Go to radio shack and buy a new charger, which can be returned, to see if it is that.

Good luck:).

OF

Alright my solo has had problems charging for months... When I plug it in the lights flicker between 1-3 . If I was to order a new battery would this solve the problem ?
I believe the charger is fine I think it's the solo but of course I'm not sure which is why I'm asking the experts !!

I think you're wrong. This was at one time a common problem, but seems to be pretty rare these days. AFAIK in every case it was the charger, in none it was the Solo?

Some guys find that moving the charger to a different outlet will effect it (it's that marginal) but the fix is a charger that stays well above about 10.5 Volts under load. Not all are it seems.

Go to radio shack and buy a new charger, which can be returned, to see if it is that.

What the Lady just said!\

RS has a replacement, it needs the right connector, take your Solo charger in. Others have got replacements for theirs.

As I said, AFAIK replacing the charger has fixed this in every case reported. It's marginal enough that it comes and goes for some, but never stays away forever.

Good luck.

OF

clouded vision

This is the one you want from radio shack, it comes with a free tip, you need tip B. IIRC it was around $23
fcIV9Gn.jpg

OF

You can do the stem cleaning thing with packet hot cocoa right? I was thinkin about finally cleaning out my stock stem that way...

Most likely not.

It's the milk fat you want. Not some substitute. I won't work with reduced fat milk even, the junk often put in the packets doesn't stand a change to bond with the good stuff. Stick with the real stuff. There's a reason why butter is so commonly used in making eatable treats, Alice B. Tolka's brownies would not have worked with today's 'fat free' foods.

If you're set on using the mix (most likely because it's what's handy?), splurge some this time, use a healthy dose of real milk as well (not skim or low/no fat)......it fact cream would be better?

You can get back on the diet tomorrow, you've got too much invested here to blow it I think?

Good luck.

OF

Hexi

Most likely not.

It's the milk fat you want. Not some substitute. I won't work with reduced fat milk even, the junk often put in the packets doesn't stand a change to bond with the good stuff. Stick with the real stuff. There's a reason why butter is so commonly used in making eatable treats, Alice B. Tolka's brownies would not have worked with today's 'fat free' foods.

If you're set on using the mix (most likely because it's what's handy?), splurge some this time, use a healthy dose of real milk as well (not skim or low/no fat)......it fact cream would be better?

You can get back on the diet tomorrow, you've got too much invested here to blow it I think?

Good luck.

OF
This is the sheet right here, shaved chocolate that was mfg'd to melt evenly. You'll never use powder again.

But yeah, it's got a lot of fat and calories, esp if you use with whole milk.
img9c.jpg

zombonaut

I have a couple of launch era Solos that are crapping out because of the batteries. Does anybody have a replacement battery pack for sale?

zombonaut,

rekrab

one of the guys around here sells a solo battery which actually has a larger capacity so it will last longer.

vapepower dot ca

rekrab,
Reactions: Seren

rekrab

hey anyone have any luck cutting down a glass straight stem. i wanted to try and stealth it out a bit with a shorter stem, would it be to hot?

rekrab,

OF

Running my Solo with some in-house OG. Wasn't getting very good results last night, left it out to dry some more and now I'm getting mad clouds at 6 with my sidecar.

Yup, you broke the code..... I knew we wouldn't be able to fool you for long. There's not a lot of energy in the stem, and it's only slowly added in the hit, so any heat that goes to making water vapor (drying it out) can't be used to make THC vapor (and us happy).

Too dry and I think you can loose flavor, but the gains in production often offset that plenty.

Dry is good. Wet is slow (and messy, it fouls way faster).

hey anyone have any luck cutting down a glass straight stem. i wanted to try and stealth it out a bit with a shorter stem, would it be to hot?

I've never tried it, but have done a lot of similar cuts. It's pretty easy, you need a file and a torch. A triangle file is best (sharper edge) but I've used the corners of flat files the last few times. The last few times I've done this is to cut down the tube on these guys:
http://www.pipesdaddy.com/18mm-Vaporizer-Bubbler-Knob-p/as-0035.htm

First file a notch (heavy scratch really) where you want the break. It doesn't have to be too deep but should be long enough to cover say 1/8 inch or a bit less? The hold it in both fists, thumbnail to thumbnail, with the scratch 'on the outside' where your nails are. Then 'snap' it apart, like you'd break a wood pencil by pulling on the scratch like you were trying to bend the tube. The flaw you started will spread around the tube and it'll crack free. The trick is to load the strain on the scratch, putting it in tension.

This leaves clean but very sharp edges (in fact near atomic level done right). So called 'cleved glass knives' are useful at the micro level. We don't need micro level cuts so time to "fire polish" it off. Heat the raw end of the tube slowly and evenly (no thermal stresses), getting the very end hot enough to glow yellow (the sodium in the glass), get that glow going all around the rim then let it slowly cool. It should be nicely rounded, just like the mouth end of the stem you have. If not, try again.

Good luck.

OF

Top Bottom