Arizer Solo

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
You are joking?
Right?

More than 30 grams a month or 1 gram per day FLOWER.
SHATTER 4 grams per month.

I like to have at least 3 or 4 different strains to keep it interesting!

I think that SHATTER high in CBD would be nice!
THC (DELTA NINE) I like because it keeps me calm.
Sometimes I mix CANNABIS Strains high in both CBD and THC.
Find your sweet spot!
lwien vapes like a gram a month, no shit... You vape what he uses in a month in a day... And he vapes every night!! AND he gets stoned too!

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Samir gave me some good advice on which type of glass to pair with a Solo after I PM'd him about his Liquid Sci piece but I might as well ask here too so I can get even more suggestions.

I'm willing to spend up to $200 for something nice to use while at home.
It must work as good if not better than my PNWT otherwise I'll feel foolish for buying it.
I want something that doesn't require me to HUNCH over all the time like the PNWT does.
The problem is that the back of my neck gets strained after long sessions with the PNWT.
I'd prefer something 'ataxian style' minus the part where I'd have to travel to 4 different head shops to get 15 different pieces.;)
If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear em.

cawshook

Solod out.
Sorry its just a few days old, i dont even have a screen thats why im worried. Any extra safety measures i could use?
And do i need to clean the chamber in time? how?
Ps: You know what would go great with a solo vape session? A smoothie.

Last edited:

Lusi

I consider CANNABIS one of GOD's great Creation's!

Man in his self proclaiming wisdom has demonized it?

AMBIEN C, PROZAC, NEROTIN, VICODIN and many others have been replaced with MEDICAL CANNABIS.
Drug companies hate cannabis!

CBD is a great attribute.

CONCENTRATES are good for pain relief.
SHATTER high in CBD is worth exploring.

You are not alone.

Many of us have medical needs!

Thanks for pointing out the benefits of CBDs.

Hydroponic temperature control and very pure nutrients in RO H2O grow my flowers!
My SHATTER is made with COLAS. (The trim goes to the trash)
Growing correctly is both science and art!

My diet is pure:
No processed food
No Soft Drinks
No Junk Food
No Fast Food
No Gluten
No Dairy

It's cheaper to eat this way.
I cook and bake holistically!
Nutritional Chemistry is one of my many passions.
CANNABIS is an important part of good living!

Cheaper?! Lol Do you grow your own food? Living in Europe, eating healthy was affordable. In CA my grocery bill has doubled for healthy food. Have you found a good gluten free bread yet? :)

MJ has been very helpful on eliminaTing most of meds, except pain meds. I'm still going. Harborside sells 98% CBD oil for $80 for 3.5g. It's been sold out every time I go there. :(((( CBD tincture was too weak.

You are joking?
Right?

More than 30 grams a month or 1 gram per day FLOWER.
SHATTER 4 grams per month.

I like to have at least 3 or 4 different strains to keep it interesting!

I think that SHATTER high in CBD would be nice!
It's in the line up!
THC (DELTA NINE) I like because it keeps me calm.
Sometimes I mix CANNABIS Strains high in both CBD's and THC.
Find your sweet spot!

Is shatter easy and non tixic to make? I have a few ounces of my 5% CBD if like to make into concentrate. As a bud, it's too weak. I could make bho. Prefer something more natural... I think a glycerine tincture would be too weak. :( I also have 2 o CBD Harlequin to play with! If these don't kill my pain in concentrate then nothing will!

Well, I think I'll order my from pv. They have screens and some odds and ends I need. Just waiting for a reply in an item! :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
lwien vapes like a gram a month, no shit... You vape what he uses in a month in a day... And he vapes every night!! AND he gets stoned too!
I'm wasteful I guess?

I need to learn how to conserve however I'm excessive!

Always had this problem!
Cheaper?! Lol Do you grow your own food? Living in Europe, eating healthy was affordable. In CA my grocery bill has doubled for healthy food. Have you found a good gluten free bread yet? :)

MJ has been very helpful on eliminaTing most of meds, except pain meds. I'm still going. Harborside sells 98% CBD oil for $80 for 3.5g. It's been sold out every time I go there. :(((( CBD tincture was too weak.

Is shatter easy and non tixic to make? I have a few ounces of my 5% CBD if like to make into concentrate. As a bud, it's too weak. I could make bho. Prefer something more natural... I think a glycerine tincture would be too weak. :( I also have 2 o CBD Harlequin to play with! If these don't kill my pain in concentrate then nothing will!

Well, I think I'll order my from pv. They have screens and some odds and ends I need. Just waiting for a reply in an item! :)
I bake my gluten free Bread, Pizza Crust, Brownies, Cookies, Cakes, Pastries and invent new stuff as well. Take any formula you like and convert it to be GF & Dairy Free.
Whole foods for flour.
Fresh and Easy for a few things.
Costco (hand pick stuff) Read the labels!
Living outside the USA for 9 years helped me learn different ingredients.
5 years in FRANCE, 2 1/2 years in South America, 1 1/2 years in Central America.

I vacuum Purge my Shatter. (It's faster and easier)
The dispensaries bills were more than my house payment so I legally grow now.
My setup was expensive however in the long run my medicine will be free in a few months once I recovery my set up cost. You can buy seeds on line.

I'd prefer something 'ataxian style' minus the part where I'd have to travel to 4 different head shops to get 15 different pieces.;)
If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear em.

The GonG is the HOLY GRAIL = Get creative!
I bring this set up to my mouth without hunching over!
ASH CATCHERS and SHERLOCKS!
Same SMOKE SHOP "CHEAP"!

Last edited:

OF

Ataxian have you thought about extracting some of the high CBD/low THC strains?

Forget that, how about establishing a church? With a strong doctrine like that he'd have no trouble filling the pews I bet.

Then we demand our First Amendment Rights (seems all the rage these days.....) to worship as we see fit.....

We might have some resistance to worshiping in schools and all, but starting Legislature sessions with a bog rip rather than a more typical prayer is a worthy goal, doncha think?

Will need to work on a title, of course. At least for third person reference. "Pope Ataxian" doesn't seem right. Perhaps "His Highness"? Not used as much these days as it once was, might be a little confusing but it sure is descriptive......

Would that make buying herb and 'sacrificing it' in a church ceremony tax deductible? It should.

My solo fully charges in an hour and a half, i thought it should take 3-4 hours?

It depends on how discharged it was to start. That's about the time my recharges take, nothing like 3 hours typically.

The first charge often runs longer. By the numbers a complete recharge should take 3 hours (2200 mAh/750 mA), but normally you don't want to discharge that far....

OF

samirfuzzywuzzy

OF

Gentle Friends, the replacement battery quest continues......

So, to recap, I tried replacing my lame battery pack with a new one from Tenergy, the one others have used. It needed the correct connector (with polarity switch) and I had to cut most of the jacket away to get it to fit, but it restored normal operation.

So, for the next step, I cut the battery protection stuff and power cable from the old battery pack and soldered it to two fresh 2200 mAh batteries with tabs. You can see that assembly here, with the two batteries (already hot glued together) behind them:

In the second photo you can see how I bent the straps to meet the tabs and soldered them in. There's a third strap going out the back, under the over current safety, joining the common of the two batteries (I'll save you that photo, I'm sure you follow?):

Finally, a piece of Gorilla Tape (a personal fav) to cover the protection circuit and a piece to cover each end and it's ready to be installed and put in service:

Instant success! It's been in and doing just fine for a couple dozen charges, over 100 'sessions' (some dry, lots with real herb in the stem doing what it does best.....). Next up is building a complete battery pack from parts. I have more tabbed batteries, an appropriate protection PCB and over current cut out and a new cable. I also got delivery of Kapton tape (very tough) and the thin, large size heat shrink the pros use to make these packs. Then I guess we look for higher capacity batteries of top quality with tabs. No luck there so far, but I'm fishing around to see if I can get tabs welded locally.

Cost to rebuild the battery using the original protection and battery is under $15, full up about $20? Or a bit more. Fun stuff.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Gentle Friends, the replacement battery quest continues......

So, to recap, I tried replacing my lame battery pack with a new one from Tenergy, the one others have used. It needed the correct connector (with polarity switch) and I had to cut most of the jacket away to get it to fit, but it restored normal operation.

So, for the next step, I cut the battery protection stuff and power cable from the old battery pack and soldered it to two fresh 2200 mAh batteries with tabs. You can see that assembly here, with the two batteries (already hot glued together) behind them:

In the second photo you can see how I bent the straps to meet the tabs and soldered them in. There's a third strap going out the back, under the over current safety, joining the common of the two batteries (I'll save you that photo, I'm sure you follow?):

Finally, a piece of Gorilla Tape (a personal fav) to cover the protection circuit and a piece to cover each end and it's ready to be installed and put in service:

Instant success! It's been in and doing just fine for a couple dozen charges, over 100 'sessions' (some dry, lots with real herb in the stem doing what it does best.....). Next up is building a complete battery pack from parts. I have more tabbed batteries, an appropriate protection PCB and over current cut out and a new cable. I also got delivery of Kapton tape (very tough) and the thin, large size heat shrink the pros use to make these packs. Then I guess we look for higher capacity batteries of top quality with tabs. No luck there so far, but I'm fishing around to see if I can get tabs welded locally.

Cost to rebuild the battery using the original protection and battery is under $15, full up about $20? Or a bit more. Fun stuff.

OF

Not being a electronic guru such as yourself I replaced mine with a complete battery pack already assembled.
$23 delivered and easy to install.
This was over a year ago if I recall correctly?
I like the SOLO however when a CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON acts like something is wrong with me?
Fixing it myself was the only cheap option I had at the time.
Most companies would have took care of my lemon?
I like my SOLO'S because their super simple.
Thank you for the Power Adapter.
Since I vaporizer in private the PA would have done the trick without any thing more to do!

Thank you for the TIPS!

Last edited:

OF

Thank you for the TIPS!

You're quite welcome, Brother A. I'm just paying the Forum back for the help it gave me earlier......something I think I can accuse you of doing in Spades?

Good, but nameless, folks helping each other out on principle? How cool is that? IMO more of life should be like that.

Thanks for the kind words.....and all the other support you give us. No doubt in my mind, you're a great resource around here, even if your photos could use a little work sometimes......

OF

rekrab

You're quite welcome, Brother A. I'm just paying the Forum back for the help it gave me earlier......something I think I can accuse you of doing in Spades?

Good, but nameless, folks helping each other out on principle? How cool is that? IMO more of life should be like that.

Thanks for the kind words.....and all the other support you give us. No doubt in my mind, you're a great resource around here, even if your photos could use a little work sometimes......

OF

where were you guys able to find batterys like that. I was planning on going to a hobby shop for rc stuff or maybe radio shack. I am in Canada, also I think if needed I could solder myself and whatnot i have the tools. Anyone have any ideas where to look?

rekrab,

olivianewtonjohn

where were you guys able to find batterys like that. I was planning on going to a hobby shop for rc stuff or maybe radio shack. I am in Canada, also I think if needed I could solder myself and whatnot i have the tools. Anyone have any ideas where to look?
At a hobby shop/radio shack youd likely either way over pay or get inferior cells. Online is going to be the way to go. I believe panasonic is making some very good cells (hence why Ceti is using them in his replacement packs). Maybe wait for the more experienced users to weigh in.

Off topic but I used to have a traxxis rustler running lehner(?) brushless, warrior esc with two nimh battery packs connected in series. Was fun but scary to drive and expensive (think someone gps clocked a simular setup at 65mph lol).

rekrab

At a hobby shop/radio shack youd likely either way over pay or get inferior cells. Online is going to be the way to go. I believe panasonic is making some very good cells (hence why Ceti is using them in his replacement packs). Maybe wait for the more experienced users to weigh in.

Off topic but I used to have a traxxis rustler running lehner(?) brushless, warrior esc with two nimh battery packs connected in series. Was fun but scary to drive and expensive (think someone gps clocked a simular setup at 65mph lol).

totally, i saw a member has some for sale on vapepower dot ca I wanted to just see if theres anything else a little cheaper. i will wait for some more feedback

rekrab,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
totally, i saw a member has some for sale on vapepower dot ca I wanted to just see if theres anything else a little cheaper. i will wait for some more feedback
There are quite a few to pick from. 2200 mAh have proven very good.
Take a looksy.
Tenergy, Panasonic are good as are others.
Remember you need tabbed ones as the heat needed to solder can damage non-tabbed batteries.
Have fun.

exit

I have no affiliation with them but I've bought nice batteries pretty cheap from rtd vapor. I've done business with them like 4 or 5 times. They have coupon codes on their facebook page.

exit,
Reactions: Seren

jhake

I started out strictly using the bent mouth piece, it fit perfectly. i switched to the straight mouthpiece for a couple bowls and now the bent doesn't fit. it is extremely loose, to the point of falling out and spinning around. what is the cause if this, and whats the best solution? i looked a bit for previous post, couldn't find anything.

jhake,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I started out strictly using the bent mouth piece, it fit perfectly. i switched to the straight mouthpiece for a couple bowls and now the bent doesn't fit. it is extremely loose, to the point of falling out and spinning around. what is the cause if this, and whats the best solution? i looked a bit for previous post, couldn't find anything.
Probably thermal expansion? Are you using an o-ring with your Solo? Putting one in ensures a firm seal with stems.

jhake

Probably thermal expansion? Are you using an o-ring with your Solo? Putting one in ensures a firm seal with stems.

I don't have any o rings yet. the bent stem is now visibly smaller than the straight stem. kind of bizarre, they both fit snug a week ago. i mean once i get chunked up enough, it doesn't matter!:D

o rings it is!

OF

Here's where I got the ones I'm using right now:
http://www.all-battery.com/4pcstenergyli-ion1865037v2200mahbatterywithtabs.aspx

For ten bucks more they'll sell you the 2600 mAh version, which may be the next ones if I can't get some tabs welded on some Panasonics or something similar.
http://www.all-battery.com/6pcsLi-IonFlatTop18650_3.7V_2600mAh_RechargeableBatteries-39178.aspx

Be sure to heed Pipe's warning. Some guys 'cheat' and solder to tabless batteries. Some of those batteries later self destruct, some spectacularly.....not good to have happen inside your Solo, it'll end your session early. If it was safe, even for experts, the guys that make packs for a living would no doubt not be going to all the trouble with tabs.

BTW, All Battery is a cool source, lots of hard to find but useful stuff there. I've been very happy with them over a lot of years.

OF

Top Bottom